Biden's inauguration speech was a master class in gaslighting

11,120 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by captkirk
eATMup-Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MAROON said:

no chance you weren't laughing when you typed that

More likely wiping the stuff off his...
aggieque
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

I thought it was pretty darn good

A real president for all Americans. One who can read and process information and encourages candid feedback.
This Ag Tag is as fake as this new "President".

Lol. I'm a proud Ag grad and to imply otherwise is fake news!!
DTP02
AG
Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

So wait. He basically said a president shouldn't lie all the time? Largest inauguration in history? Just one super easy example. There are 20,000 more.

He also said we need to come together as a country. I think we will when weak minded uneducated people aren't constantly lied to.

this is freaking hilarious but you have no idea why.

you people legitimately scare me.

Trumps base is mainly uneducated white males. No one disputes that. When they are no longer bombarded with lies, the world will improve.

Trump was a serial liar without question, although most of his lies, like the inauguration claim you're stuck on, would fall more into the category of "puffery" stereotypical of the NY sales guy he is.

But the sheer volume of lies being spread to the ignorant would seemingly have to go down much more from the left and their media allies no longer having to lie so much about Trump. Think about all of the lies told in furtherance of the Russian collusion hoax by Dem leaders, Dem stooges, and the MSM while Trump was in office. All the hearings, interviews, documents produced, and reports, all those breathless, outraged posts on social media, all based on lies and spread with actual or constrictive knowledge that it was BS.

And we can't even condescendingly point to he "uneducated white voters" * for believing that blizzard of lies from the left, because it's the educated white leftists who were duped, willingly or not, into believing it the most.

*on a side note, does the left and media (redundancy alert) not realize how inherently racist it is to repeatedly specify "uneducated white voters," with the implication being "how dare those people who look like me be uneducated?" as opposed to the "uneducated black voters" who are given a pass for their lack of education (read: intelligence, for the left tends to conflate the two)?
tk for tu juan
He didn't grope J-Lo and then smell her hair, so that is progress
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
No Spin Ag said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

It was a run of the mill inaugural address that won't be remembered by many. As is the case for most such speeches. He wasn't hyper-partisan nor was he throwing out olive branches by the handful. Given the current situation it's probably about as good as one could expect.

Anyone saying it was horrible is being a partisan hack as is anyone saying it will enter the pantheon of great inaugural speeches.

Yep.
What is "partisan" or "hacky" about pointing out blatant and obvious hypocrisy? Honest question.
Quite frankly, anyone watching that speech who didn't make that observation is the very definition of a partisan hack.

It's unreal the goaltending some of y'all will do.
Bucketrunner
We are neither weak minded nor uneducated. Your arrogance is showing. Again.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

A real president for all Americans. One who can read and process information and encourages candid feedback.

Here is some footage of a "real" president. He definitely likes candid feedback.

Frederick Palowaski
AG
aggieque said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Lol. I'm a proud Ag grad and to imply otherwise is fake news!!

Still waiting on your rebuttal. You lied in your previous statement. You are no Aggie.
cevans_40
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

salute the marines
The Catalyst
AG
texasnativeforumvisitor said:

Clark Griswold said:

Ags77 said:

You also thought 45 was a terrible president.
45 allowed the economy to crater and 400k+ americans to die. how is that not terrible?
You say this as if he planned and executed this. What an absolute moron!
How bout you go back down the hill and get it then?
PanzerAggie06
AG
SWC Ag said:

No Spin Ag said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

It was a run of the mill inaugural address that won't be remembered by many. As is the case for most such speeches. He wasn't hyper-partisan nor was he throwing out olive branches by the handful. Given the current situation it's probably about as good as one could expect.

Anyone saying it was horrible is being a partisan hack as is anyone saying it will enter the pantheon of great inaugural speeches.

Yep.
What is "partisan" or "hacky" about pointing out blatant and obvious hypocrisy? Honest question.
Quite frankly, anyone watching that speech who didn't make that observation is the very definition of a partisan hack.

It's partisan hackery because I could take your post, word for word, hop in a time machine and go back to the Texags of Jan 2017 and apply it as a criticism of Trumps speech. Your criticism of Biden's speech is not born of what he said it's born of who said it. Inaugural speeches are, historically, full of platitudes and emotional fluff. It's the nature of the ceremony itself where we, for a few hours at least, get to pretend we all get along. Get pissed about the inevitable crap policy that comes out of the Biden WH. Getting upset over something as meaningless as a canned inaugural address is wasted energy.
cevans_40
AG
Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

So wait. He basically said a president shouldn't lie all the time? Largest inauguration in history? Just one super easy example. There are 20,000 more.

He also said we need to come together as a country. I think we will when weak minded uneducated people aren't constantly lied to.

Trumps base is mainly uneducated white males. No one disputes that. When they are no longer bombarded with lies, the world will improve.
So your contention is that the non-white uneducated masses which make up the majority of Biden's support are somehow smarter?
The Catalyst
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

SWC Ag said:

No Spin Ag said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Yep.

It's partisan hackery because I could take your post, word for word, hop in a time machine and go back to the Texags of Jan 2017 and apply it as a criticism of Trumps speech. Your criticism of Biden's speech is not born of what he said it's born of who said it. Inaugural speeches are, historically, full of platitudes and emotional fluff. It's the nature of the ceremony itself where we, for a few hours at least, get to pretend we all get along. Get pissed about the inevitable crap policy that comes out of the Biden WH. Getting upset over something as meaningless as a canned inaugural address is wasted energy.
Does the evidence of his last 47 years as a democrat politician and what it means to be a democrat in today's America have no bearing on if this could be judged as hypocrisy? Or are we just supposed to be happy that he didn't overtly **** his pants on the stage this afternoon?
How bout you go back down the hill and get it then?
Muy
AG
Ags77 said:

Lol
chase128
AG
Thank you.

That speech rang hollow for me, especially after the last couple weeks have been a barrage from the media that the 75million people who voted for Trump are KKK supporters and complicit in terrorism. So much unity, so much healing.
Muy
AG
Compare his predecessors to Nazis and insult half this country for years and now tell us to unite?

Hell no, eff that guy.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

Every Trump voter that I know personally has at a minimum a four year degree. Then throw in the one's without degrees that have worked their way into highly successful sales management positions without a college degree.

Go read about Rush Limbaugh's educational background as well as his net worth.

The bias is strong with you.
captkirk
AG
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

We literally have dozens of examples of video evidence from the last 12 months where he can't.

Cherry picked flubs. Biden is a good person and an adult. He won't tantrum for not getting his way. He actually knows stuff and reads versus watching TV and eating fast food.
You've got to be kidding. He called a voter a lying, dog-faced pony soldier. Called another voter fat. There are videos all over the web where freaks out on voters asking him simple questions
captkirk
AG
texasnativeforumvisitor said:

Clark Griswold said:

Ags77 said:

You also thought 45 was a terrible president.
45 allowed the economy to crater and 400k+ americans to die. how is that not terrible?
He allowed it, LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
sultanofshreveport said:

ruddyduck said:

sultanofshreveport said:

oh no said:

not going to watch it. F that corrupt mf. #notmypresident

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.

do you understand what cancel culture is?

maybe stick to things you know like telling us what your favorite color is or something.

Perhaps you could educate us all on cancel culture.....go ahead the stage is yours.

Feel free to throw in your favorite color too. Mine is maroon.

educate "us"? you seem to be the only one lost here.

good grief.
cageybee77
AG
"Unity". Not happening.
Garrelli 5000
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

By living in a cave during his candidacy and is on multiple videos unable to read a teleprompter.....in videos he had the opportunity to shoot multiple times.

There's being a hack and there's being an idiot. Pick.
Take the trash out staff.
Garrelli 5000
AG
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

We literally have dozens of examples of video evidence from the last 12 months where he can't.

Cherry picked flubs. Biden is a good person and an adult. He won't tantrum for not getting his way. He actually knows stuff and reads versus watching TV and eating fast food.
Take the trash out staff.
oh no
AG
brs4688 said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Here is some footage of a "real" president. He definitely likes candid feedback.

so inspiring. No wonder he is so beloved that he shattered Obama's popular vote record, especially when you consider all of his accomplishments in his long and distinguished career.
AggiePops
Quote:

Let me guess he said unity, but what he really means is obedience. He talked about coming together, but what he really means is my side will become radical to the left, and you have to compromise, or else.
Dems may have 'control' of administration, House and Senate, but their margins are too small, especially in the Senate, to simply have their way and lead the country any further left than the middle. Mid-terms in two years will have a lot to say on what happens next.
oh no
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

there are real Aggies out there that hate America and most its people. This is their day and they are excited to be on the road to making America just like Venezuela.
Muy
AG
AggiePops said:

Quote:

Let me guess he said unity, but what he really means is obedience. He talked about coming together, but what he really means is my side will become radical to the left, and you have to compromise, or else.
Dems may have 'control' of administration, House and Senate, but their margins are too small, especially in the Senate, to simply have their way and lead the country any further left than the middle. Mid-terms in two years will have a lot to say on what happens next.

And then I fully support Biden being impeached and removed from office.
annie88
AG

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Slicer97
AG
Only if he can take Harris and Pelosi out of office with him.

Bad as Joe is going to be, either of those two would be exponentially worse.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

SWC Ag said:

No Spin Ag said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Yep.

You make A LOT of assumptions and it betrays a foolish arrogance.
Unless you were asleep the past 4 years (and especially 2020) it was arguably the most tumultuous period we've faced as a country since the 1860's. We live in a vastly different country than we did in 2017. To deny that is naive at best and willfully ignorant at worst. The notion that I'm unaware of what inauguration speeches traditionally represent is, again, incredibly condescending. His words juxtaposed with his (and his party's) actions over the past 4 years were deafeningly hypocritical, insincere, and about as specious as possible.
Furthermore, the speech itself is not what's maddening, it's the climate in which it was delivered and complete lack of scrutiny by a bootlicking media which is only going to aid him in imposing the "inevitable crap policy".
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
oh no said:

brs4688 said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

so inspiring. No wonder he is so beloved that he shattered Obama's popular vote record, especially when you consider all of his accomplishments in his long and distinguished career.

Listening to Michael Berry on the way home from work this morning and during his monologue, Berry mentioned his one positive thing he had to say is that at least we have a President that has never eaten dog meat.

Context.

WHOOP!'91
AG
Slicer97 said:

Only if he can take Harris and Pelosi out of office with him.

Bad as Joe is going to be, either of those two would be exponentially worse.
Good plan.

Take House, McCarthy elected Speaker.
Impeach Biden, make up something really stupid and impeach him without any process.
Same to Harris.

McCarthy is president.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Cassius
AggiePops said:

Quote:

Bwahahahahahahaha

Breathe.... .

Bwahahahahahahaha
annie88
AG
brs4688 said:

Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

Every Trump voter that I know personally has at a minimum a four year degree. Then throw in the one's without degrees that have worked their way into highly successful sales management positions without a college degree.

Go read about Rush Limbaugh's educational background as well as his net worth.

The bias is strong with you.

It just shows the ignorance of many of the left. There are a lot of blue-collar workers that support Trump, he really was a president of all of the American people, especially minorities and gays and other "victims" the left likes to tout, but like you most of them are college educated. Every single one of my acquaintances or friends that is a Trump supporter has many advanced degrees.

This is what TDS does to a brain.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
IslanderAg04
Ags77 said:

So good it put Bill Clinton to sleep.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.