Biden's inauguration speech was a master class in gaslighting

11,113 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by captkirk
93MarineHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Quote:

oh no said:
not going to watch it. F that corrupt mf. #notmypresident
sultanofshreveport said:

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.
Not watching does not remotely equal cancel culture. Go back to Tigerdroppings if you're bringing something that pathetic. Sad.
aggieque
AG
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace on Wednesday praised Biden's "great" inaugural address, going as far as to deem it the best he's ever watched in his life.

"I thought it was a great speech," Wallace said. "I've been listening to these inaugural addresses since 1961 John F. Kennedy, 'ask not.' I thought this was the best inaugural address I ever heard."

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

I thought it was pretty darn good

A real president for all Americans. One who can read and process information and encourages candid feedback.
We literally have dozens of examples of video evidence from the last 12 months where he can't.

Cherry picked flubs. Biden is a good person and an adult. He won't tantrum for not getting his way. He actually knows stuff and reads versus watching TV and eating fast food.

serious question...are you an actual adult?

this reads like something an 8 year old would say.
WHOOP!'91
AG
sultanofshreveport said:

oh no said:

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.
Not watching his speech is nothing like cancel culture.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Hubert J. Farnsworth
I'll ask again. What policies won Biden your vote?
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace on Wednesday praised Biden's "great" inaugural address, going as far as to deem it the best he's ever watched in his life.

"I thought it was a great speech," Wallace said. "I've been listening to these inaugural addresses since 1961 John F. Kennedy, 'ask not.' I thought this was the best inaugural address I ever heard."
This akin to saying "My mom says I'm handsome!"
WHOOP!'91
AG
aggieque said:

Can he chase Stirewalt to see who can get hired by MSDNC fastest? He has really become unbearable.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Bankeraggie
AG
So it was the largest inauguration in history or Trump didn't lie about it? I'm not sure which side you are clinging to intellectually.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Bankeraggie said:

So it was the largest inauguration in history or Trump didn't lie about it? I'm not sure which side you are clinging to intellectually.
I wish Obama's lies were as benign as Trump's.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Bankeraggie said:

So wait. He basically said a president shouldn't lie all the time? Largest inauguration in history? Just one super easy example. There are 20,000 more.

He also said we need to come together as a country. I think we will when weak minded uneducated people aren't constantly lied to.

this is freaking hilarious but you have no idea why.

you people legitimately scare me.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
sultanofshreveport said:

oh no said:

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.

do you understand what cancel culture is?

maybe stick to things you know like telling us what your favorite color is or something.
JP_Losman
AG
just like a good CCP card carrying member would respond to a XI Jinping speech
Bankeraggie
AG
ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

So wait. He basically said a president shouldn't lie all the time? Largest inauguration in history? Just one super easy example. There are 20,000 more.

He also said we need to come together as a country. I think we will when weak minded uneducated people aren't constantly lied to.

Trumps base is mainly uneducated white males. No one disputes that. When they are no longer bombarded with lies, the world will improve.
Bankeraggie
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

Bankeraggie said:

So. Good. Middle ground. We all agree Trump is a liar. So now it's just a question of how much.

That's progress. Maybe there is hope for this group yet.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

Trumps base is mainly uneducated white males. No one disputes that. When they are no longer bombarded with lies, the world will improve.
Instead, they'll be bombarded with CRT and mass illegal immigration to compete against for work. That ought to improve their world.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Frederick Palowaski
AG
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

A real president for all Americans. One who can read and process information and encourages candid feedback.
We literally have dozens of examples of video evidence from the last 12 months where he can't.

Cherry picked flubs. Biden is a good person and an adult. He won't tantrum for not getting his way. He actually knows stuff and reads versus watching TV and eating fast food.

Like when he wanted to fight the auto worker? Yeah, your arguments hold zero water. Sit down
LionelAG
AG
outofstateaggie said:

aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Astonishing. He's a KNOWN scum bag. A racist and rapist with a crack head, ***** chasing son that jets around peddling access to his father.

Yeah and me saying your momma was a ***** makes it so, right?

All the sh*t thrown against the wall doesn't make it true. And the Trump judges are behind me on that. Move on.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Bankeraggie said:

It's incredible how much those of you on the left intentionally miss the point or are just plain stupid....and yet have the gall to invoke intellectualism in an attempt to convince yourselves you're right.

For the sake of argument, let's just say Trump lied about 90% of everything while in office. Hell, let's make it 100%.

Considering what we know is factually true and correct, what does any of that have to do with Biden, the rest of the Democrats, and the media's behavior over the past 4 years contrasted against the speech he made today?
jja79
AG
Did it have English subtitles?
OaklandAg06
AG
Quote:

He won't tantrum for not getting his way

No tantrums here:

ETA-

What is amazing about this video, is how much more clear minded Biden was just over a year ago. It would be really interesting to see a side-by-side of his video clips from mid-late 2019 compared to late 2020. If you can't see he has mentally gone down hill in a major way over the last 12 months, it is time to take off the blue shaded lenses.
Slicer97
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Warsteiner said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

SWC Ag said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Yes, indeed.

You can take off your Trump blinders now. He's sitting on the beach in Florida.
Oh just stop. I hated Trump the man. Loved Trump the policies.
This has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with honestly and reality. And you're clearly separated from both if you watched that speech and weren't disgusted with the blatant disingenousness,

How a canned, almost boring speech, has elicited such an overly emotional response from you is rather hilarious. You may need to walk away from politics for a while. Biden is about one hour into his Presidency at this point and you're already frothing at the mouth angry. Four years of President Biden might very well break you.
my goodness you dont get it. The speech was bull**** because the dems dont give a rats ass about unity. Their whole mo is the complete opposite of unity

So, which side can claim to be the party of unity? The GOP? I'm sure those on the left would laugh hysterically at such a claim. Neither side? Probably a more accurate statement. It was a canned inaugural speech in that the vast majority of them are full of fluff while lacking in real substance. This one was no different. Which is why, when one takes Biden's speech in that context, it was a speech that hardly calls for any degree of emotional response. Just calm down and take a deep breath. We have at least 1459 more days of President Biden.

I think that number is awfully optimistic. More likely, he steps down in favor of Kamala within 2 years.
zoneag
Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

What's wrong with white men that don't have a college education? Are they inherently bad or something? Are they stupid and gullible? And how do they compare to "uneducated" people of other races and gender who vote dem?

Just trying to figure it out because when I was growing up democrats used to hail that there party was the party of the blue collar, salt of the earth, working class. What happened? Are those people now evil, dare I say, deplorable?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
zoneag said:

Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

What's wrong with white men that don't have a college education? Are they inherently bad or something? Are they stupid and gullible? And how do they compare to "uneducated" people of other races and gender who vote dem?

Just trying to figure it out because when I was growing up democrats used to hail that there party was the party of the blue collar, salt of the earth, working class. What happened? Are those people now evil, dare I say, deplorable?
Shhhh. Let him keep showing his ass.
DTP02
AG
Faustus said:

Cassius said:

amercer said:

No I think I pretty much nailed it. Good luck keeping the blood pressure down

Hey man, I want my wife and I to come together and live in harmony. We can't be divided in our marriage! (dont mention the fact that I beat her ass every day and she's chained to the bed right now and has been for a week with no food)

To be fair it's been at most a couple of hours that the Rs in your metaphor have been chained to the bed without food.

Some of us have a high metabolism!
sultanofshreveport
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

sultanofshreveport said:

oh no said:

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.

That's the first sentence.....read the rest.

#notmypresident would be cancel culture. Pull your red hat up it's blocking your vision.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
zoneag said:

Bankeraggie said:

ruddyduck said:

Bankeraggie said:

The true dumbasses are the overeducated that lost all common sense.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Bankeraggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Bankeraggie said:

So. Good. Middle ground. We all agree Trump is a liar. So now it's just a question of how much.

That's progress. Maybe there is hope for this group yet.
And we agree Hussein lied about impactful things, like ObamaCare's impact on everyday Americans, corruption in the executive branch, etc?

If Hussein only "lied" about the size of his inauguration, I would be a lot happier.

You want to see if we can agree on Biden lies so far? Like Hunter's $3.5MM payment from the wife of the mayor of Moscow was debunked? Like Trump's comments about Charlottesville? Those kinds of lies?

Maybe there is hope for your side if you can start to admit it's part in the current climate.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

sultanofshreveport
AG
ruddyduck said:

sultanofshreveport said:

oh no said:

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.

do you understand what cancel culture is?

maybe stick to things you know like telling us what your favorite color is or something.

Perhaps you could educate us all on cancel culture.....go ahead the stage is yours.

Feel free to throw in your favorite color too. Mine is maroon.
WHOOP!'91
AG
sultanofshreveport said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

sultanofshreveport said:

oh no said:

Cancel culture!! Yeah!!

Hypocrisy.

That's the first sentence.....read the rest.

#notmypresident would be cancel culture. Pull your red hat up it's blocking your vision.

Just following the example set by your blue hat team the entire four years of Trump.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

angus55
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

You are an idiot. He is a proven liar with a temper and definitely in mental decline. VP Corksoaker will be President in 2022, until then Biden is just a prop.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Can anyone link a transcript? I didnt have time to watch and i'd like to read it with an open mind.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
No Spin Ag
PanzerAggie06 said:

It was a run of the mill inaugural address that won't be remembered by many. As is the case for most such speeches. He wasn't hyper-partisan nor was he throwing out olive branches by the handful. Given the current situation it's probably about as good as one could expect.

Anyone saying it was horrible is being a partisan hack as is anyone saying it will enter the pantheon of great inaugural speeches.

Yep.
jrdaustin
AG
aggieque said:

I listened to the speech. I can't for the life of me understand how any truly objective news anchor could call that a "great" inaugural address.

Biden said a lot of good things and spoke of unity, but also made some incredibly hypocritical statements. For example:

"And so today at this time in this place, let's start afresh, all of us. Let's begin to listen to one another again. Hear one another see one another, show respect to one another. Politics doesn't have to be a raging fire, destroying everything in its path. Every disagreement doesn't have to be a cause for total war. And we must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured."

Any objective reporter would at least point out the irony of that statement. I'm driving along, and all I can think is: "How can this guy just wash over the last 4 years of raging fire and not even mention Democrats' part in it. How can he make a statement about facts being manipulated and even manufactured, and expect Conservatives to take him seriously?"

I would accept a reporter saying "Good speech - but..." Any other conclusion is dishonest and disingenuous - just like Biden's speech was.
johnnyblaze36
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

This Ag Tag is as fake as this new "President".
jrdaustin
AG

Can anyone link a transcript? I didnt have time to watch and i'd like to read it with an open mind.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/01/20/biden-inauguration-speech/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.