Biden's inauguration speech was a master class in gaslighting

11,053 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by captkirk
$240 Worth of Pudding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I doubt many here watched it for the same reasons I almost didn't.

But sack up and watch it when you can. We have officially crossed the Rubicon into Oceania.
Ags77
AG
I thought it was pretty darn good
Gigem
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Ags77 said:

Of course you did
Rapier108
Ags77 said:

Of course you would.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TxAgPreacher
S
Let me guess he said unity, but what he really means is obedience. He talked about coming together, but what he really means is my side will become radical to the left, and you have to compromise, or else.
CDUB98
AG
Ags77 said:

This is the most shocking thing on the innerwebs today.
Buck Turgidson
Just a bunch of slurred hypocrisies.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
"We must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured."

He actually said that. Right after a 5 minute bit about the importance of unity and how we MUST be unified.

"Disagreement must not lead to disunion."

UN-****ING-BELIEVABLE.

Gigem314
AG
Ags77 said:

Shocked that you love what democrats tell you to think.
aggieque
AG
Ags77 said:

A real president for all Americans. One who can read and process information and encourages candid feedback.
jrdaustin
AG
Ags77 said:

Ok. If you're serious, reconcile the speech with the last 4 years, please.
jrdaustin
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

A real president for all Americans. One who can read and process information and encourages candid feedback.
Care to make a bet right now as to the number of actual press encounters that our new President will have vs. Trump's? And no, questions about what kind of ice cream he likes will not count.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

A real controlled president for all corrupt elites & government leeches Americans. One who can read and process information a teleprompter and takes no questions encourages candid feedback.
FIFY
ChemEAg08
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

You're a dog faced pony soldier.
Gigem314
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Candid feedback:

"What flavor ice cream did you get?"
Clark Griswold
Ags77 said:

You also thought 45 was a terrible president.
MAROON
AG
no chance you weren't laughing when you typed that
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
YouBet
AG
aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

We literally have dozens of examples of video evidence from the last 12 months where he can't.
PanzerAggie06
AG
It was a run of the mill inaugural address that won't be remembered by many. As is the case for most such speeches. He wasn't hyper-partisan nor was he throwing out olive branches by the handful. Given the current situation it's probably about as good as one could expect.

Anyone saying it was horrible is being a partisan hack as is anyone saying it will enter the pantheon of great inaugural speeches.
zephyr88
AG
I wish they'd call it like it is... this wasn't Hiden's speech. This was the speech of some libby English/Political Science major from some college we've probably never heard of. Hiden is their puppet now. He actually did a good job reading the words tho.
outofstateaggie
AG
#resist
#notmypresident
#dissentispatriotic
#investigate
#impeach

Isn't this right?
Rapier108
MAROON said:

no chance you weren't laughing when you typed that
He's a Premium only poster who just came to F16 to troll.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggieque
AG
YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

We literally have dozens of examples of video evidence from the last 12 months where he can't.

Cherry picked flubs. Biden is a good person and an adult. He won't tantrum for not getting his way. He actually knows stuff and reads versus watching TV and eating fast food.
texasnativeforumvisitor
Clark Griswold said:

Ags77 said:

You also thought 45 was a terrible president.
45 allowed the economy to crater and 400k+ americans to die. how is that not terrible?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

It was a run of the mill inaugural address that won't be remembered by many. As is the case for most such speeches. He wasn't hyper-partisan nor was he throwing out olive branches by the handful. Given the current situation it's probably about as good as one could expect.

Anyone saying it was horrible is being a partisan hack as is anyone saying it will enter the pantheon of great inaugural speeches.
LOLOL.

It was a complete pile of hypocritical, revisionist dog whistles.

Partisan hack indeed.
XXXVII
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Cherry picked flubs. Biden is a good person and an adult. He won't tantrum for not getting his way. He actually knows stuff and reads versus watching TV and eating fast food.

Congrats on falling for the media propaganda. Pedo joe is not a good person.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
PanzerAggie06
AG
Yes, indeed.

You can take off your Trump blinders now. He's sitting on the beach in Florida.
Jaydoug
AG
zephyr88
AG
Quote:

and encourages candid feedback
LOL'd

The dude his in his basement for the past year. When did he "encourage feedback"? I watched an automotive worker in Detroit ask for feedback to which Hiden lectured him about AR-14's.

I'll be interested in his press conferences and the questions that are asked of him. He's in the limelight now. He can't hide behind "Dr." Jill anymore.

I wish him well. He's our dude now. Dont **** it up.
outofstateaggie
AG
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Astonishing. He's a KNOWN scum bag. A racist and rapist with a crack head, ***** chasing son that jets around peddling access to his father.

Hubert J. Farnsworth
aggieque said:

YouBet said:

aggieque said:

Ags77 said:

Good person? Really? The guy is nothing but a crooked, career politician.
kag00
AG
What are the adjectives being thrown around by the MSM? Without hearing the speech I am guessing it will all be glowing praise and a stark contrast to the assignment of "dark" to the speech by the predecessor.
zephyr88
AG
Quote:

The guy is nothing but a crooked, career politician.
amercer
AG
It's going to be a loooooong couple of years for some of you.

That was as standard and non-inflammatory as any speech I've seen. He said we should come together and work on our problems. What a monster...
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Yes, indeed.

You can take off your Trump blinders now. He's sitting on the beach in Florida.
Oh just stop. I hated Trump the man. Loved Trump the policies.
This has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with honestly and reality. And you're clearly separated from both if you watched that speech and weren't disgusted with the blatant disingenousness,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.