SpaceX and other space news updates

1,216,843 Views | 14183 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Red Fishing Ag93
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was an amazing mission. We had one manned test flight of Apollo in LEO, and then Frank Borman leads the next mission around the moon. Sad seeing these guys go.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
If SpaceX indeed has a launch license for Starship, does a possible government shutdown Nov 17th have any affect?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
fullback44
AG
Funny SpaceX story.. so I'm in Lowes today getting some new blinds cut for my moms house.. the guy cutting them is prob mid 30s.. he starts talking about NASA and then Elons starship trial next week. Then he proceeds to tell me that he would never go to Mars even if Elon let him go there for free. So asked him why.. He looks at me, and says brotha, there ain't no way I'm going to Mars, there is not enough women (p) there for me and I'm not going to be the odd man out either because it's going to be lopsided men to women …. I Just started laughing and almost fell on the floor …. I guess he's all about Elons Starship but he ain't about going to Mars
will25u
Beautiful!

Ag_of_08
AG
An argument could be made that 8 was as big or bigger of a risk than 11. 11 is a towering achievement, but 10 had already tested the abort, 9 flew the lem in LEO and it was known to be functional.... 8 didn't really get a test flight, they just went for it. 8 should get talked about far more often than it is.

will25u
TXAG 05
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

An argument could be made that 8 was as big or bigger of a risk than 11. 11 is a towering achievement, but 10 had already tested the abort, 9 flew the lem in LEO and it was known to be functional.... 8 didn't really get a test flight, they just went for it. 8 should get talked about far more often than it is.

I believe Apollo 8 was the last crew where everyone was still alive.
nortex97
AG
Dammit, a single tile fell off.

NBD, but I mainly wanted an excuse to make a post for this awesomeness:

will25u
NET Nov 17.

TexAgs91
AG
will25u said:

NET Nov 17.

Ah, it makes sense now. Government closure on November 17th in three... two... one...
Fight! Fight! Fight!
tk for tu juan
TexAgs91
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Couple that with the FAA and Fishing & Wildlife Services preparing for Second Flight Test
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Elon Musk said:

We're launching out of Vandenberg in California. They were worried about seal procreation - whether the seals would be dismayed by the sonic booms. There have been a lot of rockets launched out of Vandenberg and the seal population has steadily increased. If anything, rocket booms are an aphrodisiac.

We were forced to kidnap a seal, strap it to a board, put headphone on the seal, and play sonic boom sounds to it to see if it would be distressed.

This is an actual thing that happened. I have pictures.

Elon Musk said:

The amazing part is how calm the seal was. If I were the seal, I would be like, this is the end.

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Jock 07
AG
Yea, quite a few elephant seals show up at the boathouse this time of the year out there.
nortex97
AG
Damn hippies. They stink too.
The Kraken
AG

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
TexAgs91
AG

Credit to 6969@RGV discord
TexAgs91
AG
will25u
Looks like they are really trying for Friday!

PJYoung
AG
We had all the same closures for Wednesday before they were cancelled. Waiting on the Feds.
will25u
hph6203
AG
Good news. The turtles have been saved!

TexAgs91
AG
jt2hunt
AG
Yes!
tk for tu juan
double aught
AG
Finally. First launch was six months ago. If this one goes well, hopefully the turn around is quicker next time.
double aught
AG
This is a nerdy deep dive into what happened when lightning struck Apollo 12 shortly after launch, but I found it interesting.

TexAgs91
AG
Apparently this launch tower is the GOAT

aezmvp
GOAT X!
PJYoung
AG
double aught said:

Finally. First launch was six months ago. If this one goes well, hopefully the turn around is quicker next time.

If it goes well the only thing stopping the next launch will be spaceX. I would expect something like a 2 month turnaround at most
Premium
AG
PJYoung said:

double aught said:

If it goes well the only thing stopping the next launch will be spaceX. I would expect something like a 2 month turnaround at most

Why, don't they already have the next gen iterations already built?
Breggy Popup
AG
Premium said:

PJYoung said:

double aught said:

At most. But you never know what they may learn. There could be something that causes them to skip right over the next gens to implement new things discovered during this coming test flight.
PJYoung
AG
Premium said:

PJYoung said:

double aught said:

Absolutely. I think it will take some time to process what they learned during the 2nd launch.
Kceovaisnt-
AG
https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_0924.html

Temporary Flight Restrictions in place for Friday.

See you folks on the beach!
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.