SpaceX and other space news updates

1,218,868 Views | 14187 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by PJYoung
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will25u said:

It's on, it looks like!

Hope so, but it would be good to hear from the FAA about that
Fight! Fight! Fight!
will25u
Kceovaisnt-
AG
The weather next week may be a bigger factor that could postpone the launch window to the end of the week or potentially into the next week.

A surface low looks to be moving into that area Monday morning and will sit just offshore for most of the week. This would sit right in the launch corridor. A cold front will also be moving in over that next weekend which will bring storms but should clear out the air by Monday with cooler dry air which would make for great visibility and less wind shear which is a consideration for launches.

Watch the models.
PJYoung
AG
Yeah Tuesday and after looks good.
PJYoung
AG
tk for tu juan
That is a nice Liebherr crawler crane
will25u
TAMUallen
AG
I love starlink but gosh the performance is bad compared to how it started. This was supposed to be different
Breggy Popup
AG
TAMUallen said:

I love starlink but gosh the performance is bad compared to how it started. This was supposed to be different

How so? Not doubting, just curious.
TAMUallen
AG
Bregxit said:

TAMUallen said:

How so? Not doubting, just curious.

I can barely stream now at peak hours. It's really bad, pixelated and I have zero obstructions

I get that it's a business but I never thought I'd be back to cable internet when everybody came home from school
will25u
will25u
carl spacklers hat
Kceovaisnt- said:

The weather next week may be a bigger factor that could postpone the launch window to the end of the week or potentially into the next week.

A surface low looks to be moving into that area Monday morning and will sit just offshore for most of the week. This would sit right in the launch corridor. A cold front will also be moving in over that next weekend which will bring storms but should clear out the air by Monday with cooler dry air which would make for great visibility and less wind shear which is a consideration for launches.

Watch the models.
I think they want to schedule this launch when the wind is out of the north, based on the results from the previous launch that left dust and debris scattered around Port Isabel and the southern half of SPI. Better to let that stuff settle over Playa Baghdad and Matamoros.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
aggie2812-2
AG
I haven't had this problem but I also only use on the weekend.
TexAgs91
AG
will25u said:

Not if the FAA hasn't granted the launch license. I take it to mean then, that has happened?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
bthotugigem05
AG
At this point they are having at least one, if not two, meetings per day with the FAA about the test launch. They have not received the license yet but they are likely receiving information leading them to believe it is coming soon.
will25u
TexAgs91
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

At this point they are having at least one, if not two, meetings per day with the FAA about the test launch. They have not received the license yet but they are likely receiving information leading them to believe it is coming soon.
This is different than when they thought they were launching in September?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
fullback44
AG
So launch maybe next week now? This is such amazing stuff .. when they get that giant rocket to do what they want
nortex97
AG
I'd say next week is a probability now unless this is false (weather permitting):

Kceovaisnt-
AG
That's a damn good point. The winds will definitely be out of the north come the 20th.
normaleagle05
AG
Ha! I have one of those ammo cans. Now I don't know whether to sell it or start on next year's Halloween costume.
Demosthenes81
AG
And somewhere there is a robot watching a screen thinking, "I'm glad that's not my job"
PJYoung
AG
will25u
nortex97
AG
I wouldn't worry about what some random receptionist might have said. They wouldn't load up the fts system for practice.
TexAgs91
AG
nortex97 said:

I'd say next week is a probability now unless this is false (weather permitting):

Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Fight! Fight! Fight!
bthotugigem05
AG
That's fantastic
will25u
Yay!

Kenneth_2003
AG
00:00:00. Excitement guaranteed.

I love it!
flakrat
AG
Good launch
The Kraken
AG
And another Apollo astronaut has passed on. Frank Borman, 95. Commander of Apollo 8. A true badass.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
jkag89
Kenneth_2003
First Page Last Page
Page 301 of 406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.