Donald Trump Town Hall on ABC at 8PM

30,080 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Get Off My Lawn
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was surprised to see this is happening tonight, I had no clue. It'll be moderated by George Stephanopoulos and aimed at undecided voters with questions about COVID, climate change, and economy.

Rapier108
In other words, it will be nothing but trap questions and George fishing for soundbites.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tailgate88
AG
Not like the media is going to promote an event that could potentially change voter's mind to vote for Trump.
GCP12
AG
Dan Scott said:

climate change
Oh, wonderful

RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Trump:
"Sure I'll have a townhall and continue to answer your stupid gotcha questions. Y'all have been horrible for 3.8 years, so let's get this started"

Biden's campaign:
"We have agreed to written debates and will provide our responses once we get the polling data back to see where our positions need to be. Questions? Sorry, out of time. No questions"
YouBet
AG
Climate change. Lol. Is there a more irrelevant topic right now?

NO ONE CARES.
Saltwater Assassin
AG
The only thing more contrived than masks saving our civilization is climate change science.
maroonblood
AG
So why does Trump do it? He knows it will be unfair but he truly believes he can reach a new audience to convince millions that the MSM's portrayal of him is incorrect. We'll see if it works ...
Artorias
AG
maroonblood said:

So why does Trump do it? He knows it will be unfair but he truly believes he can reach a new audience to convince millions that the MSM's portrayal of him is incorrect. We'll see if it works ...
If Trump has one fatal flaw, it is his insistence that he can win people over if he can just talk to them. He doesn't understand some people are too far gone, and literally NOTHING he says will change their minds about anything.
UrbanDecay
AG
There are disaffected democrats. You don't reach them if you don't try.
monarch
S
Don't be arrogant Mr. President. Be kinder and a little more sympathetic than your normal self.
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
Oh yeah: NO NAME CALLING!
Peace for Ukraine!
aggiedata
AG
Not watching Stephy. Give us updates.

ABATTBQ87
AG
monarch said:

Don't be arrogant Mr. President. Be kinder and a little more sympathetic than your normal self.
Screw that! Be yourself and if they punch you, punch back. Don't listen to limp wristed pacifists
AgResearch
AG
mazzag
AG
I forgot to set my dvr
The D
AG
Right out of the gate
wbt5845
AG
An alleged Trump voter who wants to know why he's thrown him under the bus. Nice.
AgResearch
AG
1 question as a townhall and now ABC hit job question.
AnScAggie
AG
In the car can't find it on XM. Appreciate any play by play of significance.
Barnyard96
AG
maroonblood said:

He is going to run hard and fast and make Joe try and keep up.
JB99
AG
1st question. Why did you take your foot off the gas in May and throw vulnerable people like me me under the bus. Guy has diabetes. Looks like a poon
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
This is hard to watch. Why are these people wearing masks when they're nowhere near each other?
AgResearch
AG
JB99
AG
2nd question asking why there is no national mask mandate and why don't you wear one more often.
Comanche_Ag
AG
So far it's not a town hall or interview...straight up attack.
The D
AG
It's all going to be about masks
AgResearch
AG
Dan Scott
AG
Trump blew that question about why you don't support national mask mandate?
aggiehawg
AG
This is a huge mistake. He's not doing well.
JB99
AG
3rd question. Why would you downplay pandemic that disproportionately effects low income minorities
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Yup and a question from a Hillary voter and an "undecided" who is interrupting the President with a dishonest question.

Why do liberals have such a hard on for masks and blanket mandates?
deddog
AG
JB99 said:

1st question. Why did you take your foot off the gas in May and throw vulnerable people like me me under the bus. Guy has diabetes. Looks like a poon
Valid question.
Joe Biden will cure diabetes and take blame for everyone's bad choices and health problems
Barnyard96
AG
"If you are a great leader, then Why would you downplay a pandemic that targets minorities?"
aggie93
AG
monarch said:

The thing about Trump, he is rough on people in the media. He is rough on journalists. He is rough on famous people. He is rough on criminals. He does not disparage voters. He doesn't call them deplorable. He doesn't curse at them. He knows there is a difference.

He's a LOT smarter and in control than most people think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.