Donald Trump Town Hall on ABC at 8PM

29,833 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Get Off My Lawn
2004FIGHTINTXAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, missed Clinton. So, one in 28 years and seven terms.
jwag
AG
Yup, long ago
hairloom
jwag said:

Yup, long ago
So according to you Trump is a member in club of non-apologetic presidents, all of whom are members except Bill Clinton? And we should be upset about that? Seek help brother
jwag
AG
Upset about incorrect reaction to covid? But economy? Pathetic.
hairloom
jwag said:

you can be upset all day long + 4 more years for whatever reasons you can dream up. Drown in your own tears. Nobody GAS
jwag
AG
I'm not friend. Waterworks.
hairloom
BoydCrowder13 said:

hairloom said:

As opposed to Biden who looks like a weak chickensheet hiding until election?

We'll see if it pays off for him. Biden was never going to try to get in front of cameras in his campaign. He knows it will only hurt him.

His whole strategy is make a lot of noise behind the scenes with media proxies and hope that Trump self immolates due to anger and arrogance.

When Trump does events and interviews and doesn't adequately prep for hard questions, he plays right into the Democratic strategy.
so Biden's strategy is
1) don't get in front of cameras case he's too stupid to properly read a teleprompter
2) have media do the work for him even though media has been hammered for distrust.

That my friend is one bold ass plan.
drewser95
AG
Gigem314 said:

What a joke the media is.

Biden would never have the guts to go on Hannity.
He won't even go on ABC, where are all conditions would be in his favor:

"ABC News offered to host a similar town hall with Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden, but ABC News and the campaign were not able to find a mutually agreeable date."

Riiiiight...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-questions-uncommitted-voters-abc-news-town-hall/story?id=73005086
Get Off My Lawn
Hey buddy: how much of the event did you watch (actual source material, not YT tweeted clips), and what was Trump's BEST answer? You seem to have dropped from the rafters alongside the talking points and long after the final question.
Gigem314
AG
drewser95 said:

Gigem314 said:

What a joke the media is.

Biden would never have the guts to go on Hannity.
He won't even go on ABC, where are all conditions would be in his favor:

"ABC News offered to host a similar town hall with Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden, but ABC News and the campaign were not able to find a mutually agreeable date."

Riiiiight...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-questions-uncommitted-voters-abc-news-town-hall/story?id=73005086

Wow. Joe Hiden' indeed.

The sad thing is, ABC with George Stepho-partisan is probably right of center in the eyes of the Dems.
ttu_85
AgResearch said:

JFC. These people are just Dem operatives. Pathetic.
Trump should have known this was a setup. Never should have agreed to it. Anybody could see this coming.

Hey Donald these guys are NEVER going to give you a fair shake so just hit them in the mouth at the onset.
E.KingTrill
So many years later and still "but but Obama"

Trumpers are just sad at this point.

Even more sad that our President can't converse with the public on direct questions, and y'all go on blaming the media and that it was a set up.

How do you see this man as a strong leader when he's been a perpetual victim for his entire term?
oldcrow91
AG
Concerned moderates are out in force.
Barnyard96
AG
E.KingTrill said:

Even more sad that our President can't converse with the public on direct questions, and y'all go on blaming the media and that it was a set up.

How do you see this man as a strong leader when he's been a perpetual victim for his entire term?
Can't converse in public on direct questions? Biden says hold my colostomy bag.

aginlakeway
AG
E.KingTrill said:

Because I agree with his positions more than Biden's positions. It's really that simple.

Wouldn't you vote for the candidate who more closely matches your position on issues? Like taxes, immigration, borders, gun control, abortion, etc.
AustinCountyAg
jwag said:

What exactly do you and all your dem friends think Trump could've done/should've done different with Covid?

FWIW I think Trump handled it pretty well last night. Anyone with a brain (which are few) would've noticed in the first thirty minute all the "gotcha" attempts. It was pathetic on the part of ABC. However, on the two or three normal questions, he handled them very well imo.

Like one of the posters said earlier though I do wish he would hammer home the fact that AA are more likely to commit crimes, etc in relation to the fact that they are gettting shot more in regards to %. But like others have said I am sure he's saving that for the debates.

With all that said Biden is in for a world of hurt if he does participate in the debates. Trump may not always say the right things, but it is clear as ****ing day that he puts America first and has the country as a whole in his best wishes and decisions. Not the .5% of whatever minority is *****ing about (looking at you dems).
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Its cute yall think the debates are going to happen
- I can't really think of what to put for a signature either...
AustinCountyAg
ttu_85 said:

AgResearch said:

JFC. These people are just Dem operatives. Pathetic.
Trump should have known this was a setup. Never should have agreed to it. Anybody could see this coming.

Hey Donald these guys are NEVER going to give you a fair shake so just hit them in the mouth at the onset.
he knows that....pretty sure he does these things to show that he's transparent and not a p u s s y.

agcraigb
AG
E.KingTrill said:

He's been the first president in my lifetime that has been a true champion of the American people. Where his one goal is to take care of America first rather than satisfy a political party agenda or satisfy his personal ambitions. You cannot deny the attacks on him personally one right after the other since the day he's taken office. I can't imagine the toll this takes on a person over time and I think he's handled it better than anyone else could. I don't care if he doesn't act presidential. The man is working and getting it done even while facing opposition from his own party and democrats. Mostly for me, he has fought for the lives of a generation of unborn that can't yet speak to say they want a chance at life instead of being executed in the womb. There is a war on life like we haven't seen since the Holocaust and I'll stand with anyone else who is taking a stand.
Barnyard96
AG
texagbeliever said:

jwag said:

It's rather simple. He didn't because he's a businessman and didn't expect any contradictory opinions.

Just to be clear who is more likely to live in an echo chamber: a life long politician or a businessman.
I will add that at least half of the people who voted for Trump in 2016 did so with a degree of apprehension and doubt.

He has earned most of those people's support today. Me included.

AustinCountyAg
agcraigb said:

E.KingTrill said:

He's been the first president in my lifetime that has been a true champion of the American people. Where his one goal is to take care of America first rather than satisfy a political party agenda or satisfy his personal ambitions. You cannot deny the attacks on him personally one right after the other since the day he's taken office. I can't imagine the toll this takes on a person over time and I think he's handled it better than anyone else could. I don't care if he doesn't act presidential. The man is working and getting it done even while facing opposition from his own party and democrats. Mostly for me, he has fought for the lives of a generation of unborn that can't yet speak to say they want a chance at life instead of being executed in the womb. There is a war on life like we haven't seen since the Holocaust and I'll stand with anyone else who is taking a stand.
aggiehawg
AG
barnyard1996 said:

texagbeliever said:

jwag said:

It's rather simple. He didn't because he's a businessman and didn't expect any contradictory opinions.

Just to be clear who is more likely to live in an echo chamber: a life long politician or a businessman.
I will add that at least half of the people who voted for Trump in 2016 did so with a degree of apprehension and doubt.

Ditto. I wasn't completely sold and frankly didn't think he had a good chance of actually winning. No such problem this time.
wbt5845
AG
As I've said elsewhere, I thought Trump was a big and didnt vote for him in 2016. I sure as hell will this time.
HeadGames
AG
He kept his cool for the most part with all these bull**** questions. Not sure I would have.
Cassius
agcraigb said:

E.KingTrill said:

Ag with kids
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

jwag said:

This president has never acknowledged ANY failure or poor judgment on his watch. Tremendous, vast, the best, greatest blah is rhetoric and just that.

Here we go again. Please name a president that has ever acknowledged his failure or poor judgment while in office. I wish you would apply this standard to past and future presidents and not just Trump.
Well...Reagan did...

aggiehawg
AG

Today's.
deddog
AG
jwag said:

Now do Obama.

And you clearly do not know any good businessmen. And Trump is an exceptionally good businessman.
sleepybeagle
AG
I thought trump owned little stephy and did very well with the questions!

I lived when Trump said "George... I know you're a democrat" That was excellence.
deddog
AG
barnyard1996 said:

texagbeliever said:

jwag said:

I can't imagine anyone who voted for Trump last time who won't this time.
He's vastly exceeded my expectations, especially with respect to how he's abided by the constitution in dealing with the pandemic and the democrat looting and burning.
JR Ewing
AG
Trump is just practicing debating the moderators. He will have insight on every talking point they want to bring up prior to the debate against Biden (if it happens). In addition, he gets free advertisement (good or bad) on the networks, where he can make points which may sway a few voters, who have never really been shown what he believes, or how he thinks. Everything is bad orange man. He will be able to come across as human to people who have been told he is evil by every liberal news outlet. I don't think he loses anything. He might change some opinions, but he is certainly not losing any votes he had already from doing this on ABC.
deddog
AG
JR Ewing said:

Trump is just practicing debating the moderators. He will have insight on every talking point they want to bring up prior to the debate against Biden (if it happens). In addition, he gets free advertisement (good or bad) on the networks, where he can make points which may sway a few voters, who have never really been shown what he believes, or how he thinks. Everything is bad orange man. He will be able to come across as human to people who have been told he is evil by every liberal news outlet. I don't think he loses anything. He might change some opinions, but he is certainly not losing any votes he had already from doing this on ABC.
No one who is voting for Trump is going to be turned off by this. They have been bombarded by a biased media for 24/7 for 3 1/2 years. He only has upside.

I fully expect the media to concoct some bad polls saying that he bombed the TownHall and Republicans are leaving in droves.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
JR Ewing said:

he gets free advertisement (good or bad) on the networks
The one thing the media -- in their constant, endless breathless, pearl clutching reporting on Trump -- has forgotten about the man is that Trump is the pig, attention is the mud, and they're constantly dumping attention on him.
wbt5845
AG
The much bigger story here that the MSM is ignoring - and Democrats should be terrified about...

Where the hell is Joe Biden's Town Hall meeting? ABC offered and HOUR of free time on national TV to get your message out and Biden said.... what? Couldn't work out an agreed time?

Are you ****ting me? Every candidate ever to run for President would crawl through broken glass to get an hour of free air time on national TV. But Joe was already scheduled to speak to the Crosstimbers Middle School PTA? Give me a ****in break!

There is something serious going on that would make the Democratic nominee for president walk right by a free hour on national TV and say "nah I'm good."
aggiehawg
AG
wbt5845 said:

The much bigger story here that the MSM is ignoring - and Democrats should be terrified about...

Where the hell is Joe Biden's Town Hall meeting? ABC offered and HOUR of free time on national TV to get your message out and Biden said.... what? Couldn't work out an agreed time?

Are you ****ting me? Every candidate ever to run for President would crawl through broken glass to get an hour of free air time on national TV. But Joe was already scheduled to speak to the Crosstimbers Middle School PTA? Give me a ****in break!

There is something serious going on that would make the Democratic nominee for president walk right by a free hour on national TV and say "nah I'm good."
Especially since he's not booked for many other campaign appearances.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.