Texas Shutdown Tomorrow [Thread started 7/5/20]

31,906 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riverrataggie
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love Gun said:

Rapier108 said:

Mr. White said:

Adler is saying all of Austin's hospitals will be overwhelmed in "two weeks."

What the hell is it with them always going to "two weeks".

Gap
AG
Dazed and Confused said:

Gap said:

jopatura said:

I expect most people think something will happen this week.
I know no one who is remotely thinking this. Why are they thinking this?

We are three weeks into the feared covid spike and the deaths didn't happen. We are basically flat in the category that removes any estimates regarding how much your are sampling with testing and how deadly or not the virus is.

What do you want me to take from this? On a population adjusted basis, the rolling average of daily deaths in New York at peak was 25 plus times worse anything Texas has seen. The two are incomparable. You are presenting a flat daily death chart without a substantial breakout being used to justify substantial harm to a great number of citizens from young to old.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Adler wants Austin to do a 35 day shutdown. He can't do it without Abbott's approval though.
padreislandagfan
Are Houston strip clubs closed??
Asking for a friend?

Screw abbot and the shutdown.
atmtws
AG
I'm shocked Turner and Hidalgo havent rebuilt the temporary hospital at NRG, with cases being so "bad."

They either know its a lie, or are failing their citizens and need to be voted out.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Shanked Punt said:

So we're approaching the peak deaths from May and still heading upwards....
Seriously how is this idiot not perma'd by now.

nortex97
AG
All I see is continued good news, with ever decreasing mortality rates (Elderly/at risk still isolating themselves, and better treatments), and a flat death rate, assuming the riots/protests don't resume.

https://covidusa.net/?autorefresh=1&state=Texas

Cromagnum
AG
Gap said:

Dazed and Confused said:

Gap said:

jopatura said:

We are three weeks into the feared covid spike and the deaths didn't happen. We are basically flat in the category that removes any estimates regarding how much your are sampling with testing and how deadly or not the virus is.

What do you want me to take from this? On a population adjusted basis, the rolling average of daily deaths in New York at peak was 25 plus times worse anything Texas has seen. The two are incomparable. You are presenting a flat daily death chart without a substantial breakout being used to justify substantial harm to a great number of citizens from young to old.

Username checks out.
Shanked Punt
fightingfarmer09
Looking into my crystal ball:

They all attended a protest, but that won't be reported?

I swear protesting is more dangerous than Covid at this point.
austinAG90
AG
CNN - didn't click.
texagbeliever
L.i.a.r.

They dont even try to make the lies seem remotely believable.
Flexbone
Bull***** How do you not see right through that? Holy crap.
P.U.T.U
AG
Seems like the overwhelming majority of new cases are hispanics, forum 84 showed around 80% of new cases in Dallas country were hispanic and they only count for 38% of the population. The RGV has a much larger majority of hispanics and they are getting hit harder. Trying to figure out if it is environmental or something medical related (obesity or something else).
dBoy99
AG
A Texas-sized misunderstanding about hospital capacity in Houston - LINK

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
RyanAg08
AG
Shanked Punt said:

This hospital is overwhelmed and people are dying! Let's go distract them with a news crew!
nortex97
AG
San Antonio (like other major cities) health care systems have been cutting costs/pay/workers for months now.

https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/San-Antonio-hospitals-cut-hours-furlough-workers-15178436.php

Without elective procedures, a lot of very good/talented healthcare workers will be out of work soon, possibly for good.
Flexbone
nortex97 said:

San Antonio (like other major cities) health care systems have been cutting costs/pay/workers for months now.

https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/San-Antonio-hospitals-cut-hours-furlough-workers-15178436.php

Without elective procedures, a lot of very good/talented healthcare workers will be out of work soon, possibly for good.

Doesn't matter. We need to ensure safety! Safety like keeping my 50 year old aunt and uncle protected who just got it while traveling and spent...2 days dealing with it!
TxTarpon
Mr. T with WOAI 1200AM was full bore libdawg on that this morning.
That tool has no clue how hospitals are not full during this period.
ICUs have people, but without elective surgeries many hospitals and surgery centers are empty.

Nurse I know has had her hours cut, but people show up with tacos for "Healthcare Heroes".
It boggles her mind.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Most hospitals are running around 90%+ capacity WHICH IS NORMAL

Most hospitals only have about 20% or less of that as COVID patients

STOP THE LIBERAL FEAR MONGERING
Rapier108
Maroon Dawn said:

Most hospitals are running around 90%+ capacity WHICH IS NORMAL

Most hospitals only have about 20% or less of that as COVID patients

STOP THE LIBERAL FEAR MONGERING
Average across Texas is 12% for China virus patients.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
rgag12
AG
Do yourself a favor and listen to 550 in the mornings, unless you aren't a big Trey Ware fan.
B-1 83
AG
Shanked Punt said:

So we're approaching the peak deaths from May and still heading upwards....
Upwards from next to nothing (relatively speaking) is still next to nothing.

Shanked another one.
chris1515
AG
Rapier108 said:

rgag12 said:

aggiebman said:

Texas Tribune is a liberal and environmental rag that uses scare tactics and lies to print stories.

Delt with them in industry, and unbelievably dishonest. Big surprise them being "journalist"

I thought Texas Monthly was bad, Texas Tribune is much much worse
Texas Tribune is partly funded by Soros.

Looks like his foundation has donated $150K to the Texas Tribune.

That's less than 1/6th what Charles Butt has donated...less than 1/10th what the Perots have given.

https://www.texastribune.org/support-us/donors-and-members/
austinAG90
AG
2 days dealing with it ? Not to be a d*ck but that doesn't sound too bad. I was sick for 3 weeks.
Dazed and Confused
AG
Gap said:

Dazed and Confused said:

Gap said:

jopatura said:

I dont see this as a flat chart and to me the relevant part is the trend. I did not make any comparisons to the NY daily death rate, you did. Not sure why someone would state "We are three weeks into the feared covid spike and the deaths didn't happen", as clearly deaths did happen and are rising. Or why someone looking at the graph would say they are basically flat. Nor did I make any comments at all, just provided data. Not sure where you get "being used to justify substantial harm to a great number of citizens from young to old.", from a simple data chart, that is not my interpretations, maybe yours or others. We should all be glad that currently this is at a low rate.
Living the dream
Dazed and Confused said:

Gap said:

Dazed and Confused said:

Gap said:

jopatura said:

I dont see this as a flat chart and to me the relevant part is the trend. I did not make any comparisons to the NY daily death rate, you did. Not sure why someone would state "We are three weeks into the feared covid spike and the deaths didn't happen", as clearly deaths did happen and are rising. Or why someone looking at the graph would say they are basically flat. Nor did I make any comments at all, just provided data. Not sure where you get "being used to justify substantial harm to a great number of citizens from young to old.", from a simple data chart, that is not my interpretations, maybe yours or others. We should all be glad that currently this is at a low rate.

It might not look like a flat chart, but with the numbers being so miniscule -- it's a flat chart. Look, guys, we are bouncing between one and three!!! It's not flat. I am being facetious in the example, but it's accurate.
jpb1999
AG
So to the OP, are there any announcements scheduled by Abbott today? Any further info on the shut down rumors?
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Nope, and I hope it was just a rumor.
Science Denier
AG
So, is the State going to remain open?
What about this football season?
LOL OLD
lunchbox
Miami just shut down restaurants and businesses again. Sadly, I think it is only a matter of time before other locations do the same. Maybe it will just be localized and not all of TX.
annie88
AG
redass89 said:

Abbott will get a giant middle finger
Abbott needs to **** off. Someone must have some pictures or dirt on him because he has gone so far coward it's not even funny.
agsalaska
AG
Science Denier said:

So, is the State going to remain open?
What about this football season?
I have zero expectations of a football season. Hopefully the high schools play, but I will be pretty surprised if A&M plays at this point. Could be wrong though.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

annie88
AG
TxTarpon

Quote:

Do yourself a favor and listen to 550 in the mornings, unless you aren't a big Trey Ware fan.
Trey is too plastic banana for me.
Charlie Parker is more entertaining and less black helicopter.
I do feel for Trey with all of the personal tragedy in his life.
I hope he finds peace, seems like he has.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.