Texas Shutdown Tomorrow [Thread started 7/5/20]

31,907 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riverrataggie
Anti-taxxer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lunchbox said:

agsalaska said:

lunchbox said:

This is all I can find on twitter or Facebook. Not enough.

I do not believe that. If the communications person at Hobby Lobby knows and is telling staff, then it woult be all over the news.

Agreed - my wife is (sadly) a member of a hobby lobby craft Facebook group and I just checked and there is no mention. During the initial shutdown there were hobby lobby workers posting on there all the time about what the plans were.

Who is "Steve"?
lunchbox
No idea and it looks like he doesn't even live in TX. It was just all I found.
Shanked Punt
Anti-taxxer said:

lunchbox said:

agsalaska said:

lunchbox said:

I do not believe that. If the communications person at Hobby Lobby knows and is telling staff, then it woult be all over the news.

Agreed - my wife is (sadly) a member of a hobby lobby craft Facebook group and I just checked and there is no mention. During the initial shutdown there were hobby lobby workers posting on there all the time about what the plans were.

Who is "Steve"?
A guy that reads / posts on Texags, found this thread, and posted a tweet about it.
lunchbox
Shanked Punt said:

Anti-taxxer said:

lunchbox said:

agsalaska said:

lunchbox said:

Who is "Steve"?
A guy that reads / posts on Texags, found this thread, and posted a tweet about it.

Thought the same thing but he posted it before the thread.
agdoc2001
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

lunchbox said:

agsalaska said:

lunchbox said:

Who is "Steve"?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Love Gun
Rapier108 said:

Mr. White said:

Adler is saying all of Austin's hospitals will be overwhelmed in "two weeks."

What the hell is it with them always going to "two weeks".

Pantera
AG
Life hack in 2020: Just wear a BLM shirt and you're good!
Charpie
AG
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/05/texas-coronavirus-hospitals-houston-san-antonio-austin/
IDaggie06
AG
rgag12 said:

I don't think it's true. Hospitals and deaths are not out of control.

In fact, shutting down in the first place is why we are seeing a spike in cases. If you shut down again you are kicking the can down the road, AGAIN

Wrong, we are seeing so many more cases because of the dramatic increase in testing.
jopatura
AG
I have a restaurant owner friend who cut down on their order of food this week in preparation for a shutdown. He basically ordered the absolute minimum he could do get through the week just in case. I expect most people think something will happen this week.
Rexter
thirdcoast
AG
When hospital managers come forward and ask for shutdown, let me know.
Post removed:
by user
LostInLA07
AG
That completely contradicts the daily reporting put out by the Texas Medical Center.
Gap
AG
jopatura said:

I expect most people think something will happen this week.
I know no one who is remotely thinking this. Why are they thinking this?

We are three weeks into the feared covid spike and the deaths didn't happen. We are basically flat in the category that removes any estimates regarding how much your are sampling with testing and how deadly or not the virus is.
TAMU1990
AG
Rapier108 said:

Mr. White said:

Adler is saying all of Austin's hospitals will be overwhelmed in "two weeks."

What the hell is it with them always going to "two weeks".
Adler's on the clock. Remind him daily if he's wrong.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I have real doubts about this 30 day claim. I think, if the Governor was the shut down the state, it would be announced as a shorter period like 15 days, and then they may try to extend it. Just don't think, given the backlash it would cause, he would announce a 30 day shut down.
Rapier108
Gap said:

jopatura said:

We are three weeks into the feared covid spike and the deaths didn't happen. We are basically flat in the category that removes any estimates regarding how much your are sampling with testing and how deadly or not the virus is.
The problem is, no one is looking at the number of deaths.

They are looking only at the number of cases. The media and Democrat politicians do it to scare the sheeple.

Abbott does it because either he is being used, or he has hideous advisors.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
jopatura
AG
Gap said:

jopatura said:

At least with my friend he said he's heard stuff from the health department that makes him think it's coming in some form and he didn't want to get stuck with excess. I'm also in Austin area so that plays a factor too.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Texas Tribune is a liberal and environmental rag that uses scare tactics and lies to print stories.

Delt with them in industry, and unbelievably dishonest. Big surprise them being "journalist"
LostInLA07
AG
I don't think Abbott will shut down the entire state. I do unfortunately think it's possible he allows local officials to implement more restrictions in their jurisdiction for some limited period of time.
rgag12
AG
aggiebman said:

Texas Tribune is a liberal and environmental rag that uses scare tactics and lies to print stories.

Delt with them in industry, and unbelievably dishonest. Big surprise them being "journalist"

I thought Texas Monthly was bad, Texas Tribune is much much worse
fullback44
AG
Cromagnum said:

No. The people need to have a say because they have had enough of the BS already.

It really may be time for the people to come to the capitol steps and have a talk w Abott ..

He's basically a moron for not looking Into and explaining the positive cases vs the death rate .. cases going up but death rates taking a nose dive .. yet he mentions none of this
Rapier108
rgag12 said:

aggiebman said:

Texas Tribune is partly funded by Soros.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TyHolden
AG
Rapier108 said:

rgag12 said:

aggiebman said:

yep - austin mayor worked for them as well - anything to dump trump. this will go on until december.

Quote:

It is interesting to see liberal outlets like CNN singing the praises of nonprofit news outlets like ProPublica and Texas Tribune, particularly because these entities happen to have been funded almost exclusively by some of the biggest liberal organizations, including organizations from George Soros' Open Society Network
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2019/10/18/brian-stelter-touts-liberal-funded-nonprofit-news-orgs
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
I originally read this on the Open Texas forum on Facebook.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Wouldn't this be an admission masks are ineffective? We've been under a mask order in Dallas for over two weeks now, so why shut down here if masks work?
Jett01
AG
I'm tired of being held hostage by our government. If there was a valid concern with numbers to back it up - sure. But they see what they want to see to further their agenda.

We can only pray that the local law enforcement agrees that this is unnecessary and they find important things to spend their time on
richardag
Rapier108 said:

rgag12 said:

aggiebman said:

ITexas Tribune is a liberal and environmental rag that uses scare tactics and lies to print stories.

I wouldn't doubt it, but do you have a link?

ETA: never mind found one

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2019/10/18/brian-stelter-touts-liberal-funded-nonprofit-news-orgs

Sorrows is a disgusting vile excuse of humanity.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
murphyag
AG
Shanked Punt said:

AGHouston11 said:

Is there a scheduled press conference?
Abbott seems to be ducking press conferences when "bad" news gets released as of late. I don't recall one for shutting bars down again or the mask mandate.

Not sure about official press conferences, but Abbott has been doing a lot of interviews with news reporters on the local stations in DFW. I've seen him talking about both bar shutdowns and wearing masks on different occasions. And I rarely sit down and watch the local news.
Dazed and Confused
AG
Gap said:

jopatura said:

Shanked Punt
So we're approaching the peak deaths from May and still heading upwards....
RafterAg223
AG
Shanked Punt said:

So we're approaching the peak deaths from May and still heading upwards....

Yet we still have one of the lowest death rates per million of population in the entire country in a state of 30mm people.
Aggie12B
AG
With another shutdown looming, I just want to say I'm personally not worried about covid. Hell, we all have to die of something. The main reason I'm NOT worried about the covid is I drank water straight from the tap in Baghdad on my 1st deployment. If that didn't kill me, covid is S*** out of luck.

Captain Pablo
AG
I've been asking for weeks

But no answer

Y'all are smart, so cmon

From where does Abbott (or a County Judge, or mayor) draw his legal authority to mandate mask wearing, order entire industries shut down, restrict movement and association of people, close school districts, and prohibit medical service and procedures?

How is all of this legal?

Does our state constitution and statute LITERALLY grant the governor dictatorial powers in the event of emergency declaration

And I mean it when I say "literally".

Absolute, complete, and in perpetuity is what Abbott is exercising

I don't understand how this is legal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.