Texas Shutdown Tomorrow [Thread started 7/5/20]

31,875 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riverrataggie
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why is the valley hit so hard? Is it infected illegals immigrating to Texas hospitals for treatment?
Tabasco
AG
Maybe we should do whatever China is doing.

China has had almost 20K less cases of Corona cases than Qatar. Amazing for a country that was the epicenter of the virus, and I would think their total population is sizable greater than Qatar.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
China is lying. They are laughably at 83K cases. Such a joke.
Rapier108
Tabasco said:

China has had almost 20K less cases of Corona cases than Qatar. Amazing for a country that was the epicenter of the virus, and I would think their total population is sizable greater than Qatar.
If anyone think's China is telling the truth about the number of cases, then I have an island in NYC for sale, dirt cheap I promise.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
WestAustinAg said:

Why is the valley hit so hard? Is it infected illegals immigrating to Texas hospitals for treatment?
That could easily be part of it and I would say it is.

It could also be the culture. When cases started going up big time in Brazos County, it was nearly all in the Hispanic community. They pretty much had an attitude of "F-it" and didn't even try to take basic precautions. It was so bad that the Brazos County Health District had to do an entire press conference in Spanish, plus bring in numerous leaders in the Hispanic community including several Catholic priests. It didn't help and the numbers still kept going up. The zip code in Brazos County which is predominantly Hispanic still has the most number of cases by a wide margin, and often has the most daily cases, or second most.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
riverrataggie
AG
Rapier108 said:

WestAustinAg said:

That could easily be part of it and I would say is.

It could also be the culture. When cases started going up big time in Brazos County, it was nearly all in the Hispanic community. They pretty much had an attitude of "F-it" and didn't even try to take basic precautions. It was so bad that the Brazos County Health District had to do an entire press conference in Spanish, plus bring in numerous leaders in the Hispanic community including several Catholic priests. It didn't help and the numbers still kept going up. The zip code in Brazos County which is predominantly Hispanic still has the most number of cases by a wide margin, and often has the most daily cases, or second most.

Hispanic is 2/3 of population in Dallas county as well
halfastros81
AG
Ya gotta be kidding... right? Quoting Chinese statistics.
aggielostinETX
AG
riverrataggie said:

Rapier108 said:

WestAustinAg said:

That could easily be part of it and I would say is.

Hispanic is 2/3 of population in Dallas county as well

I don't know what you're trying to say here but Dallas is 39% Hispanic
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Tabasco
AG
halfastros81 said:

Ya gotta be kidding... right? Quoting Chinese statistics.
Turn on your sarcasm meter brah
TxTarpon

Quote:

Commies gonna commie.
They lie, people die.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
rgag12
AG
Tabasco said:

Yes we should. They decided a long time ago that they just weren't going to report cases, creating the perception that China is doing great and their economy can go full bore.

Perception is reality and guess what? Most of the world, and most of the population in China, thinks everything is great and everything is back to normal now!

Once you start treating this virus like it's not a big deal then it's easy to get over it. If you treat the virus like it's Ebola 2.0 then you will never get over it. Once the US made a commitment to start counting cases and ramp up testing it was over. We are slaves to a virus that will never go away and kills very few people.
riverrataggie
AG
Well it's tomorrow again. Maybe it'll be the day after tomorrow?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.