***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

894,749 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Pizza
Agvet12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Trump gonna let his emotions make him do something stupid like allow evidence and witnesses at the trial.

Maybe your dems should have let evidence be presented in the house, instead of denying any and all bipartisanship from the get go - now your minority leader in the senate wants a do over rather proceed with the 2nd hand evidence and opinions D's voted impeachment on.
Tom Hagen
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Trump gonna let his emotions make him do something stupid like allow evidence and witnesses at the trial.

Nothing is stopping Graham from calling Ciaramella and the Deep State gang before his committee. The only thing that a trial would add is the ability to question Schiff and his staff in the Senate.
backintexas2013
AG
He wants it sent to the senate because he knows it will be dismissed. Hell Tulsi called the house on their bs. If Nancy is too chicken**** to push it up and doesn't want questions on it what does that tell you? Sorry you believed in a naked picture chasing pervert and ugly Nancy.
BusterAg
AG
Gary Johnson said:

hbtheduce said:

I'll continue to argue Trump has not been impeached until congress actually finishes their constitutional duty.

I'm confused.

Are you saying that the Dems voting for impeachment without actually impeaching the president is a moral victory?

I guess, maybe, you could call it that.
evan_aggie
AG
Ag with kids said:

Gary Johnson said:

Lindsey Graham surprisingly comes out in favor of having a fair trial with witnesses.

You do realize a witness means someone with FIRST HAND knowledge, right? Not hearsay.

So, that leaves the Dems with ZERO witnesses of Trump doing ANYTHING...

I got into a discussion with my wife thinking the same thing and she asked if I had looked it up or read multiple news outlets. There were two witnesses that supposedly listened in on the call. To be clear: I don't think he should be impeached, but what else is first hand knowledge?

" The two witnesses in Tuesday morning's hearing each listened to the July 25 phone call in which Trump prodded his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate Democrat Joe Biden.

Jennifer Williams, an adviser to Pence, said she considered the call "unusual" since it "involved discussion of what appeared to be a domestic political matter."

Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who arrived for the hearing in military uniform adorned with medals, went even further. He considered it "improper," and, acting out of "duty," reported his alarm to a lawyer for the National Security Council."
BusterAg
AG
What Pelosi is likely to do is hold these articles in her back pocket until RBG dies.

When she does, she will transmit them to the Senate, and try to block the confirmation.

If that happens, I see two potential courses of action for the senate:

1) Make a very public statement that the timing of the filing proves that this sham impeachment inquiry is nothing more than a political football, and move to dismiss it outright.

2) Table impeachment until after the confirmation hearings are done.

I think that #1 is more likely. It will just look aweful if the Dems sit on this thing until a politically helpful time, and war turtle is not scared to take the democrats to task for that.
evan_aggie
AG
JB!98 said:

MetoliusAg said:

From a current Military Times poll:

Woah, slam on the breaks. What are you trying to insinuate with this? It may be a poll that has no consequence and is not statistically correct, but why post it?

I think I know, but where are you headed? Is this just more of your typical poop throwing or are you going somewhere more nefarious?

did they realize this chart implies military trump approval/support is at 70%? 42% + 28%.
Patentmike
AG
evan_aggie said:

Ag with kids said:

Gary Johnson said:

Lindsey Graham surprisingly comes out in favor of having a fair trial with witnesses.

You do realize a witness means someone with FIRST HAND knowledge, right? Not hearsay.

I got into a discussion with my wife thinking the same thing and she asked if I had looked it up or read multiple news outlets. There were two witnesses that supposedly listened in on the call. To be clear: I don't think he should be impeached, but what else is first hand knowledge?

" The two witnesses in Tuesday morning's hearing each listened to the July 25 phone call in which Trump prodded his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate Democrat Joe Biden.

Jennifer Williams, an adviser to Pence, said she considered the call "unusual" since it "involved discussion of what appeared to be a domestic political matter."

Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who arrived for the hearing in military uniform adorned with medals, went even further. He considered it "improper," and, acting out of "duty," reported his alarm to a lawyer for the National Security Council."

The difference is fact as opposed to opinion. Both of these individuals are making assumptions based on partial information. Complete information would include privileged material from the Obama administration. The House Dems' procedural shenanigans, coupled with Executive Privilege, precluded the introduction of those Obama materials.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

EKUAg
AG
evan_aggie said:

JB!98 said:

MetoliusAg said:

From a current Military Times poll:

Woah, slam on the breaks. What are you trying to insinuate with this? It may be a poll that has no consequence and is not statistically correct, but why post it?

I think I know, but where are you headed? Is this just more of your typical poop throwing or are you going somewhere more nefarious?

did they realize this chart implies military trump approval/support is at 70%? 42% + 28%.

Met is cherry picking again.

Shows Trump's approval at 41.6%
The compared it to Obama when he left office. His was 36.4%.
evan_aggie
AG
Huh? It was a simple fact, no?

Two people testified that were listening to the call and said that trump asked for Biden to be investigated. Nothing about going back to Obama days or the direction of the wind.
Patentmike
AG
evan_aggie said:

Huh? It was a simple fact, no?

Two people testified that were listening to the call and said that trump asked for Biden to be investigated. Nothing about going back to Obama days or the direction of the wind.

Trump's motive is an issue...read Impeachment Article 1 "for personal and political gain". If there is evidence supporting concerns about Biden's behavior, that would tend to support a legitimate purpose, as opposed to the allegedly corrupt purpose asserted against Trump, in investigating Biden.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

evan_aggie
AG
I'm not debating justification. I don't think what he did is any different than withholding $1b from Ukraine before firing an official.

I'm just pointing out that myself, and many others keep hearing the statement (from where I'm not sure) "no first hand witnesses" and all is hearsay, but that is not true.

There were people who said they overheard a conversation, but then you had two people who listened to the phone call report what was said.

That's my only point. It's not hearsay, or an opinion.
tsuag10
AG
Can someone refer me to the page # where I can find Trump's request for Pres Z to investigate the Bidens?

Here's the transcript: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

TIA
backintexas2013
AG
Now you have done it. Time for a five page discussion how this isn't a transcript.
titan
S
BusterAg said:

What Pelosi is likely to do is hold these articles in her back pocket until RBG dies.

When she does, she will transmit them to the Senate, and try to block the confirmation.

If that happens, I see two potential courses of action for the senate:

1) Make a very public statement that the timing of the filing proves that this sham impeachment inquiry is nothing more than a political football, and move to dismiss it outright.

2) Table impeachment until after the confirmation hearings are done.

I think that #1 is more likely. It will just look aweful if the Dems sit on this thing until a politically helpful time, and war turtle is not scared to take the democrats to task for that.
This is so damned ghoulish about RBG whatever you think of her as a judge. It would be a fitting cosmic joke on everyone if she lived well past 2021 in the manner of all the predictions McCain would "die in office" if he became President in 2008.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

There were people who said they overheard a conversation, but then you had two people who listened to the phone call report what was said.

Actually, it is their opinion of intent. When Zelensky repeatedly denies that he felt any pressure to do anything and wasn't even aware there was a hold of any type* it is his view that prevails over eavesdroppers, for lack of a better term.

*How did the Ukrainians learn about the hold? And when? If it was because of the publication of the Politico article as it appears, the question then becomes who leaked that info to the reporters? The quid pro quo narrative doesn't work unless Zelensky knows about the hold as he's not expecting the aid until the end of September. So during the month of August when Schiff's office is working with Ciaramella and his lawyer, Mark Zaid on the complaint and then the IC IG Atkinson and then ODNI Maguire, they are still missing a piece of the narrative. Schiff even dispatched a staffer to Ukraine, Thomas Eager, to meet with Bill Taylor. Immediately after that meeting, Taylor starts texting about the hold on aid as a quid pro quo to Sondland. Assuming the Ukrainians keep our people under surveillance like we do foreign ambassadors on our soil, that's one way to make sure the Ukrainians know about the hold.

Now how about letting the American public know? Leak to reporters from Politico. Voila! How to manufacture an impeachment case in a few easy steps.
hbtheduce
AG
They are first hand witnesses to non-material events. The call has no evidence of Trump making aid conditional on investigations.

The critical events all supposedly happened in the unofficial channel. Did any people called to congress witness this supposed exchange? No the speculated internally or based their opinion on media reports.

That's what many mean by "no first hand witnesses". And the closes dems got was Sonland who Trump specifically told he wanted nothing in return. Because of the timing it's not strong evidence that was always his intent, but it's the only actual first hand evidence dems uncovered.
aggiehawg
AG
BTW, it is unclear whether Trump has officially been impeached yet.
captkirk
AG
evan_aggie said:

Ag with kids said:

Gary Johnson said:

We are all witnesses to the call now, as the transcript has been released. Their opinions and feelings are mute
BenFiasco14
AG
aggiehawg said:

BTW, it is unclear whether Trump has officially been impeached yet.

Tell that to the treasonous liberal press
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BourbonAg
AG
Quote:

Hearing a conversation and then testifying in a hearing to what someone said outside of the hearing is literally the definition of hearsay.
chevy con queso
AG
Prognightmare said:

chevy con queso said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rapier108 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't wait to never have to hear about Trump again.
Trump is still your President.

Stick to the Entertainment Board because you suck at politics.

For now.

No, I'm quite positive that you will always suck at politics.

That got me a 24 hour ban.

That, in a thread full of blatant (and not funny) ad hominems, blatant trolling, and the guy who made the comment before me didn't even have his post removed.

Some posters really do seem to have a license to troll around here.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand. -Milton Friedman

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such. -BenFiasco14
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Some posters really do seem to have a license to troll around here.
Avoid them like the plague.
ProgN
RGLAG85
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Actually, it is their opinion of intent. When Zelensky repeatedly denies that he felt any pressure to do anything and wasn't even aware there was a hold of any type* it is his view that prevails over eavesdroppers, for lack of a better term.

*How did the Ukrainians learn about the hold? And when? If it was because of the publication of the Politico article as it appears, the question then becomes who leaked that info to the reporters? The quid pro quo narrative doesn't work unless Zelensky knows about the hold as he's not expecting the aid until the end of September. So during the month of August when Schiff's office is working with Ciaramella and his lawyer, Mark Zaid on the complaint and then the IC IG Atkinson and then ODNI Maguire, they are still missing a piece of the narrative. Schiff even dispatched a staffer to Ukraine, Thomas Eager, to meet with Bill Taylor. Immediately after that meeting, Taylor starts texting about the hold on aid as a quid pro quo to Sondland. Assuming the Ukrainians keep our people under surveillance like we do foreign ambassadors on our soil, that's one way to make sure the Ukrainians know about the hold.

Now how about letting the American public know? Leak to reporters from Politico. Voila! How to manufacture an impeachment case in a few easy steps.
Very well summarized Madame Hawg!

More people need to understand this and the circumstances of Biden suddenly entering the race.
BenFiasco14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rapier108 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

For now.

Whooooaaaaa.... livinnnn on a prayyyyerrr... oops, I mean, livinnnn on a utterance to a unspecified higher power or, if that's not okay, livin on illogical hope in a world of complete chance
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
aginlakeway
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rapier108 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

For now.
Still waiting on an answer to my very simple question ...

How long do you think Trump will be POTUS?
richardag
Prognightmare said:

The dems have been so impartial.

Her stance just proved to me that despite her education, degrees and the fact that she is a lawyer she is as dumb as a box of rocks. No wonder she has continually tried to subvert the Constitution by judicial activism, she lacks any understanding of the concepts outlined in the Constitution.

Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

More people need to understand this and the circumstances of Biden suddenly entering the race.
Zelensky wins Presidential election in Ukraine on April 22, 2019. This was not that surprising as the polls had been favoring him. But everyone thought that about Hillary, too. And in Ukraine, the corruption of the oligarchs and kleptocrats could easily steal an election as they had before.

Biden announces his candidacy on April 25, 2019.
aggiehawg
AG
richardag said:

Prognightmare said:

Her stance just proved to me that despite her education, degrees and the fact that she is a lawyer she is as dumb as a box of rocks. No wonder she has continually tried to subvert the Constitution by judicial activism, she lacks any understanding of the concepts outlined in the Constitution.

The Supreme Court has no role in impeachment. Her personal opinion has no bearing.
chevy con queso
AG
richardag said:

Prognightmare said:

The hypocrisy of it all is weapons grade. This is the justice that in the last 3 years took political jabs at a presidential candidate. Partisan politics is the last thing I ever want to see from the SCOTUS.

Ruth is as partial as they come.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand. -Milton Friedman

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such. -BenFiasco14
4stringAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Zelensky wins Presidential election in Ukraine on April 22, 2019. This was not that surprising as the polls had been favoring him. But everyone thought that about Hillary, too. And in Ukraine, the corruption of the oligarchs and kleptocrats could easily steal an election as they had before.

Biden announces his candidacy on April 25, 2019.
So is the implication here, Biden entered the race to help set the trap for Trump? I don't doubt it but just wanting to clarify. When did the video of him openly making the quid pro quo start making the rounds? Seems like that was in the early summer sometime?
Predmid
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So is the implication here, Biden entered the race to help set the trap for Trump? I don't doubt it but just wanting to clarify. When did the video of him openly making the quid pro quo start making the rounds? Seems like that was in the early summer sometime?
No. That is not the calculus here or in Ukraine. As long as the Ukrainian government was under the control of oligarchs and kleptocrats, everyone is getting paid and the skeletons remain in the closet. Ukraine is big piggy bank for a lot of people.

Zelensky is not firmly under control to keep the status quo. He's like Trump in that respect, a outside who can upset the apple carts, including Biden's. But if he's a Presidential candidate, Zelensky is more likely to remain mum as he doesn't want to get drawn into an American Presidential election. And finally, on April 24, 2019, Trump recalls Marie Yovanovitch, the American Ambassador who could have worked to tamp things down by telling Zelensky to not interfere.

The Ukrainian flank is now fully exposed.
hbtheduce
AG
Impeachment has yet to officially happen.
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.