Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

692,456 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just learned that Jussie was in the original movie The Mighty Ducks.
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.
Madman
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

If you believe being molested as a kid increases your chances of being gay (I do) then this is interesting. Kids in movies are common victims.
OleArmyBQ68
AG
Madman said:

BadMoonRisin said:

If you believe being molested as a kid increases your chances of being turning gay (I do) then this is interesting. Kids in movies are common victims.
FIFY to try and make a little more sense
drcrinum

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/21/judge-to-appoint-special-prosecutor-to-jussie-smollett-case-prosecutor-could-reinstate-charges/

Well, well...
agent-maroon
AG
Ha! HaHa! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
akm91
AG
/popcorn.gif
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
fooz
drcrinum said:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/21/judge-to-appoint-special-prosecutor-to-jussie-smollett-case-prosecutor-could-reinstate-charges/

Well, well...

AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Curious...have they caught the racist white culprits yet?
Gigem314
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Maybe he should have 'quacked' the teacher instead of fabricating a fake crime...
justcallmeharry
S

drcrinum

"...unprecedented irregularities..."
stetson
AG
Is Smollett entitled to a refund?
FJB
ABATTBQ11
AG
I would like to point out that going to the original source in that tweet is worth a few looks.
JCA1
AG
I'm torn on this one. While he clearly was given a sweetheart deal he should have never been given, the idea that an agreed-to deal can be set aside and prosecution reinstated long after the case was dismissed troubles me (even though this is admittedly a very unique circumstance). So, despite the joy I would get out of his deal being revoked, I'm not sure this is a good precedent to set. IMO, it is the prosecutor's office which should have to answer for this mess.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
This doesn't even remotely come close to anything like "double jeopardy"

Prosecute the **** out if it
combat wombat™
AG
I thought the charges were simply dismissed. I didn't realize he had actually agreed to a plea deal.
TexasAggie_02
AG
drcrinum said:

Well, well...

..well

Little Smollie's having trouble with his look
you little semi mini b-list demagogue
Ouch! what a terrible performance, throw the book
You can't cry your way out of this, man

Yet, you thought that you really could outsmart
everyone on the outside
but the special prosecutors' gonna tear you apart
You'll never win, you can't you're too

Whiny

aggiehawg
AG
combat wombat said:

I thought the charges were simply dismissed. I didn't realize he had actually agreed to a plea deal.
That's another thing that was hokey, the non-plea-deal-plea-deal. The indictment was nolle prossed, dismissed and there was no plea nor even nolo contendere. Very strange.
ABATTBQ11
AG
JCA1 said:

I'm torn on this one. While he clearly was given a sweetheart deal he should have never been given, the idea that an agreed-to deal can be set aside and prosecution reinstated long after the case was dismissed troubles me (even though this is admittedly a very unique circumstance). So, despite the joy I would get out of his deal being revoked, I'm not sure this is a good precedent to set. IMO, it is the prosecutor's office which should have to answer for this mess.

It's not like he was tried and acquitted, and you even admit he was given preferential treatment he should not have been given. Such deals SHOULD be set aside and prosecution reinstated because leaving them be does nothing to prevent them from happening again. You don't look at corruption in the legal system and say, "Well, shucks. What's done is done. Too late to do anything about it now." You carry through with justice and don't let corrupt deals stand. For that very reason this sets great precedent.

If the deal can't, or shouldn't be, made by one party, then the other party is not entitled to their end of it. The entire agreement is null and void. Smollett is getting no more and no less than what he deserves and is due. There is nothing wrong here.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Science Denier
AG

Seems there may be a robbery/murder incident where nothing is actually stolen in the near future. Either that, or a suicide by 4 shots to the back of the head.
Johnny2Fan
So what happens to the prosecutor and DA?
aggiehawg
AG
Johnny2Fan said:

Removed from office, disbarred possibly.
DallasAg 94
Johnny2Fan said:

Depends.

If a Dem wins President in 2020, it could be an Atty General appointment... possibly a SCOTUS nomination.
captkirk
AG
JCA1 said:

This explains it well...

Quote:

1. From where an elected official derives his power from is important, and it's what makes us a constitutional republic. When a state's attorney is appointed by a governor, the governor is elected by the people, and invested with the power to appoint states attorneys, so the states attorneys' power to prosecute derives from the people, albeit indirectly. In Illinois, states attorneys are elected directly, so their power derives directly from the people.

2. There is a specified procedure for recusal of states attorney and for appointing a special prosecutor for the cases the attorney has recused herself from. Kim Foxx attempted a fake, sham recusal, a non-recusal recusal, and did not follow this procedure. She tried to pretend she was recusing herself while just giving the case to her direct subordinate -- someone who cannot be said to be "independent" of her, as she's his boss. He knows her mind,and he knows what she wants him to do. And he's incentivized to please her.

3. So, when Kim Foxx executed this illegal, unconstitutional maneuver of appointing a fake special prosecutor who was really just her flunky carrying out her wishes, that fake special prosecutor did not have any actual authority deriving from the law or the people in an election.

4. Therefore, her deputy's decision to let Smollett off the hook without even an admission of guilt was done without any actual force of law. It was basically lawless, and can be, and should be, ignored.

Zemira
AG
I'm just shocked that a judge in Cook County ruled this way. With exception to the uproar from the CPD, the rest of legal system seemed to be bribed (with or without cash consideration). This case seemed to run the typical corrupt democrat machine way in Chicago that has been the standard the last 100+ years in that city.
aggiehawg
AG
Zemira said:

I'm just shocked that a judge in Cook County ruled this way. With exception to the uproar from the CPD, the rest of legal system seemed to be bribed (with or without cash consideration). This case seemed to run the typical corrupt democrat machine way in Chicago that has been the standard the last 100+ years in that city.
They know everything. So it isn't all that surprising to me. Live by the Chicago PD, lose your career by the Chicago PD.

Not much has changed since Capone's days, just that the bedfellows changed. Judges aren't openly bribed but they are reined in when needed.
Zemira
AG
Yeah I try to stay out of Chicago politics. From an outsider it just seems like they are all corrupt.
aggiehawg
AG
Zemira said:

Yeah I try to stay out of Chicago politics. From an outsider it just seems like they are all corrupt.
My best friend in law school was from Chicago and practiced law there for many years (retired to Florida a few years back). The tales she told were chilling and she was in commercial real estate, not criminal law. She did lunches and closings, not arraignments and jury trials but the same corrupt practices were there for her to hurdle as well.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Calling it now, this guy is going to attempt suicide or a drug OD to try and make people feel sorry for him in hopes of being sent to rehab instead of prison.
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.
agent-maroon
AG
If he does try the suicide gesture, then his track record with this sort of thing suggests that he'll screw it up and die unintentionally. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prosperdick
AG
agent-maroon said:

If he does try the suicide gesture, then his track record with this sort of thing suggests that he'll screw it up and die unintentionally. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Agreed...this narcissistic phony would never try to off himself, drug OD for sure.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't even care if he gets prosecuted at this point if they roast the corrupt people that tried to shove this farce through.
DallasAg 94
BadMoonRisin said:

Calling it now, this guy is going to attempt suicide or a drug OD to try and make people feel sorry for him in hopes of being sent to rehab instead of prison.

Nah... we'r bout to fine out he goin be a ******...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ranger #007 said:

I don't even care if he gets prosecuted at this point if they roast the corrupt people that tried to shove this farce through.

I'll bet good money that no one, including Jussie, is ever going to face any music for this.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.