Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

692,873 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charpie said:

Like what?

What good does letting him off do to Kamela or Michelle? This is where I'm stuck.
It doesn't have to be a cover-up. It's likely just a powerful person exerting their influence with the DA to help a friend and fellow traveler.
Clob94
End Of Message
AG
JCA1 said:

Charpie said:

Like what?

What good does letting him off do to Kamela or Michelle? This is where I'm stuck.
It doesn't have to be a cover-up. It's likely just a powerful person exerting their influence with the DA to help a friend and fellow traveler.
I would usually agree with this sentiment, but the "attack" involved a noose. Seems totally unnecessary, when a few racial/homophobic slurs could have done the trick.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Maybe Jussie is Barack's Chicago side piece!
ABATTBQ11
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Help me out here. What could this B actor have on anyone in the DA's office to warrant such favorable treatment?
I don't think the DA views it as doing Smollett a favor. This case has obvious racial/political overtones that are not helpful to liberals and Smollett is friendly with power players. The DA making this go away helps the left and has the bonus of giving an F U to Trump supporters.

I don't think this helps the left at all. I think, if anything, it's going to piss off a lot of their supporters. A lot of lgb advocates and minorities came out and expressed a lot of disappointment and anger with smollet for making a mockery of hate crime laws and real incidents, and they wanted him punished for setting them back and giving a lot of credence to the claim that claims of racist attacks and whateverist attacks are usually just hoaxes and shouldn't be taken at face value. Now, they see a miscarriage of justice and those on the right with more ammunition than ever to back up ideas like minority privilege. It's hard to argue that minorities face any kind of persecution in the justice system or society at large when a gay black man has 16 felonies swept under the rug in full view of the public, with no admission of guilt or wrongdoing even after being inducted by a grand jury with mountains of evidence and witness testimony.
aggiehawg
AG
Bond proffer

4 page summary of the case against Smollett. Yeah, nothing there at all.
Old_Ag_91
AG
That about made me spit my drink out.
will25u
aggiehawg said:

Bond proffer

I mean damn... that sounds like an EASY case to prosecute. Two-tiered FTW.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

I don't think this helps the left at all. I think, if anything, it's going to piss off a lot of their supporters. A lot of lgb advocates and minorities came out and expressed a lot of disappointment and anger with smollet for making a mockery of hate crime laws and real incidents, and they wanted him punished for setting them back and giving a lot of credence to the claim that claims of racist attacks and whateverist attacks are usually just hoaxes and shouldn't be taken at face value. Now, they see a miscarriage of justice and those on the right with more ammunition than ever to back up ideas like minority privilege. It's hard to argue that minorities face any kind of persecution in the justice system or society at large when a gay black man has 16 felonies swept under the rug in full view of the public, with no admission of guilt or wrongdoing even after being inducted by a grand jury with mountains of evidence and witness testimony.
Fair point. But dropping charges will take Smollett out of the headlines within a few days. A trial would have lasted weeks/months and brought all of the lies and manipulations back to center stage. We would have almost daily reminders of the hate crime hoax. I would argue this would be much more damaging to the "white supremacist" narrative than dropping charges.
Ellis Wyatt
IrishTxAggie said:

Maybe Jussie is Barack's Chicago side piece!
Larry Sinclair would agree with you. Allegedly.
tsuag10
AG
Charges weren't dropped. They basically said, "He did community service and forfeited his bond, so he's good to go."

The prosecutor specifically says they believe he is guilty of the crime he was charged with.

Isn't that different from "dropping the charges"? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: I stand corrected. He did say the charges were dismissed.

20 min interview with the prosecutor: https://www.facebook.com/ABC7/videos/2047370325332330/
Old_Ag_91
AG
will25u said:

aggiehawg said:

Bond proffer

Was thinking same thing... curious to know what our lawyer types (BMX, AggieHawg, etc..) think about it.. seems like they had this guy dead to rights but Im no lawyer... so.
4stringAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Good grief!

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/03/27/jussie-smollett-lawyer-were-weighing-our-options-on-suing-chicago-police/

Just shut the hell up and go away!!
If they are so interested in clearing Jussie's "good name", an effort to at least say "we want the CPD to throw the book at the Osudairo brothers who perpetrated this beat down and Jussie's injuries, they took advantage of their friendship with Jussie to commit violence against him"

The fact that they are not screaming to the moon to arrest the two brothers speaks volumes about Jussie's own guilt in setting this up. He can't go after the two brothers because they have the goods on him.
ABATTBQ11
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Fair point. But dropping charges will take Smollett out of the headlines within a few days. A trial would have lasted weeks/months and brought all of the lies and manipulations back to center stage. We would have almost daily reminders of the hate crime hoax. I would argue this would be much more damaging to the "white supremacist" narrative than dropping charges.

I don't think so. They could have just taken the happy medium of a guilty plea, bigger fines, and probation. As it is, he's off scott free with a perfectly clean and sealed record. They just created the news they would have been trying to bury. The protections mow might be even worse than a trial that could have easily been overshadowed by other news.
End Of Message
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

will25u said:

aggiehawg said:

Bond proffer

Was thinking same thing... curious to know what our lawyer types (BMX, AggieHawg, etc..) think about it.. seems like they had this guy dead to rights but Im no lawyer... so.
It really is a strange case: 16 felony indictments, but no motions filed with the court prior to "dropping the charges." WTH?

No formal disposition of the case, it literally just vanished into thin air.
JCA1
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

JCA1 said:

Charpie said:

Like what?

I would usually agree with this sentiment, but the "attack" involved a noose. Seems totally unnecessary, when a few racial/homophobic slurs could have done the trick.

These things seem to always involve a noose. In their fevered minds, that's how a racist planning a crime would do it. I'm not surprised at all by this. And it also has the benefit of being tangible evidence of the "crime."
4stringAg
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

will25u said:

aggiehawg said:

Bond proffer

It really is a strange case: 16 felony indictments, but no motions filed with the court prior to "dropping the charges." WTH?

To me, that's the smoking gun of some big power involvement to get this thing shut down.
End Of Message
AG
JCA1 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

JCA1 said:

Charpie said:

Like what?

These things seem to always involve a noose. In their fevered minds, that's how a racist planning a crime would do it. I'm not surprised at all by this. And it also has the benefit of being tangible evidence of the "crime."
I figured the self-inflicted microdermabrasion would have sufficed for evidence.
aggiehawg
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

will25u said:

aggiehawg said:

Bond proffer

They did.
Old_Ag_91
AG
This is effing frustrating. Is there nothing anyone can do to say override them in the state government or in the DOJ (say Barr)? It seems so blatantly obvious that justice is being perverted here and you would think someone with higher up authority could stop it. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

I don't think so. They could have just taken the happy medium of a guilty plea, bigger fines, and probation. As it is, he's off scott free with a perfectly clean and sealed record. They just created the news they would have been trying to bury. The protections mow might be even worse than a trial that could have easily been overshadowed by other news.
Good point. We'll see how long this lingers in the public eye.
aggiehawg
AG
Old_Ag_91 said:

This is effing frustrating. Is there nothing anyone can do to say override them in the state government or in the DOJ (say Barr)? It seems so blatantly obvious that justice is being perverted here and you would think someone with higher up authority could stop it. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.
The feds could possibly wrap those facts into a federal case against Smollett, I guess. Since it was tied to the same conspiracy along with the letter. Don't really have handle on where they are with the threatening letters to be able to say one way or another.

I suspect there are some federal investigators are looking into it. Particularly with the highly unusual way the State Attorney's office handled the dismissal.
aggiehawg
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

will25u said:

aggiehawg said:

Bond proffer

Let's come back to this. The Cook County Clerk's office is the custodian of the records, meaning they are the only ones who are authorized to add or remove filings. If the Clerk doesn't know how that happened (as reported) that's a big problem. Was it a hack? Who did it and how?

Puzzling.
lunchbox
Listening to Kim Foxx talk about this now. She is saying the process to unseal the court docs is ongoing. The clerk sealed more than she was supposed to. She is all for releasing the docs.

She says that Smollett chose the "alternate" process which involves the max $10K restitution (giving up the bond) and community service, etc. She said that since this was a level 4 felony, it was 1 step above misdemeanor.
aggiehawg
AG

Wildmen03
AG
aggiehawg said:

sketchy as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
tsuag10
AG
Ellis Wyatt
lunchbox said:

Listening to Kim Foxx talk about this now. She is saying the process to unseal the court docs is ongoing. The clerk sealed more than she was supposed to. She is all for releasing the docs.

She says that Smollett chose the "alternate" process which involves the max $10K restitution (giving up the bond) and community service, etc. She said that since this was a level 4 felony, it was 1 step above misdemeanor.
She's lying. They're giving us the middle finger. We'll see nothing else.

And the feds won't get to see the evidence, either. See: sanctuary cities.
Agsrback12
Pinche Abogado said:

Charpie said:

Like what?

Jussie's phone records prior to the "attack" is the tell-all. I suspect that the "attack" was orchestrated to provide public support for the anti-lynching bill that was contemporaneously before congress.

Michelle and/or Kamala will do anything to prevent those records from being discovered.

Also makes you wonder how many times something else similar to this has been pulled off.
drcrinum

Wildmen03
AG

Squadron7
AG
I think what they must mean by "Previous Community Service" is that his completely made up, fake, hoax, fraud, bullsh*** story of being attacked...Started A Conversation (TM).
aggiehawg
AG
Squadron7 said:

I think what they must mean by "Previous Community Service" is that his completely made up, fake, hoax, fraud, bullsh*** story of being attacked...Started A Conversation (TM).
My understanding is that he showed up at some Jesse Jackson Rainbow Push office for a few hours this weekend. They thought he was volunteering and not doing community service.

A deal was struck last week, apparently. But even Smollett's attorneys were not advised.

Which makes it even worse that the CPD was not informed, nor consulted.

And Kim Foxx is being disingenuous is saying it was one felony. That's what the police charged him with pending the results of the grand jury. The grand jury returned 16 felony counts. Even using the State Attorneys math as a "just disposition" that would be over a hundred hours of community service and a minimum $160,000 fine.
Kozmozag
I figured he would only get a slap on the wrist, but i didnt think they would let him off and low him to lie and say he didn't do it...lol
Prosperdick
AG
drcrinum said:

Either Kamala Harris or Michelle Obama...or both.
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.