Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

693,299 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the Empire set today he implored his cast and crew to believe him stating "I swear to God I did not do this."

So we can add blasphemy to his list because he definitely did do this.
HTownAg98
He's another one that is ignoring the advice of his attorney to keep his mouth shut.
Post removed:
by user
AggieTFA06
AG
HTownAg98 said:

He's another one that is ignoring the advice of his attorney to keep his mouth shut.
Agreed. He does have the right to remain silent.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
oldarmy1
AG
A. Solzhenitsyn
johnnyblaze36 said:

Rob Schneider from off the top rope!

Who would have ever guessed that Rob Schneider would end up being one of the sane voices in Hollywood
4stringAg
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

And the moment we've all been waiting for...CNN right on time with the article blaming Trump for the rise of hate crimes despite Jussie's hoax. They are the biggest trash organization on the planet.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/us/hate-crimes-rising-jussie-smollett/index.html?utm_content=2019-02-21T23%3A43%3A02&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=image&utm_medium=social

Quote:

Hate crimes are rising, regardless of Jussie Smollett's case. Here's why

Why hate crimes are rising

Experts told CNN in December that there's not a single factor that accounts for the disturbing trend, but part of the issue is the "increasing mainstream acceptance of hate speech and online hate," Greenblatt said. He added, "Words have consequences."

While hate is not new to America, experts say the divisive political climate and the rise of hate speech, among other factors, are emboldening people to act on hateful impulses.
The Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017 was a byproduct of that emboldened hate, said Nadia Aziz of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

Several experts also credited the rise in hate crimes to President Donald Trump's divisive rhetoric directed at immigrants and people of color, in addition to policies that threaten those groups' rights.

"The President of the United States, both from his social media presence and his remarks during formal White House events, is regularly referring to fear as a motive for policy," said Maya Berry, the executive director of the Arab American Institute.

"We're seeing the presidential bully pulpit being used to divide and spread fear, and without question that has consequences in real peoples' lives."

Notice that it's all Trump and hate crimes from the right. There is never any balance, and the overwhelming majority of hate out there since Trump was elected has been on the left. I knew Charlottesville would be brought back up. That's one incident vs the hundreds of acts of violence and hatred done by those in the left who the media sees as righteous.

And they right in that article talk about "words having consequences " so why isn't CNN and others in the media and Hollywood and on the held accountable for their part in sowing hate? In fact Trumps own so called divisive rhetoric pales in comparison to those on the left calling his supporters Nazis, white supremacists, misogynists, MAGA hats are the new klan hood etc. do they think that kind of rhetoric is contributing to the hate and divisiveness?
Prosperdick
AG
A. Solzhenitsyn said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Who would have ever guessed that Rob Schneider would end up being one of the sane voices in Hollywood

Juss...the jusster, the jussameister....making copies.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Cuterebra
AG
The dems missed a chance to capture the middle on this one.

All they had to do is say that this episode proves that a small number of hate crimes happen, and sometimes it is black on white. Publicly state that it was wrong of Smollett to denigrate whites and Trump supporters in this manner, we need to move past it, American society is good and decent as a whole, etc.

If only one of them took this approach, they might at least gain political momentum in the middle. Instead they double down on their tired old ideology and push left. Let's see how that works out for them.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
aggiehawg
AG
Cuterebra said:

The dems missed a chance to capture the middle on this one.

All they had to do is say that this episode proves that a small number of hate crimes happen, and sometimes it is black on white. Publicly state that it was wrong of Smollett to denigrate whites and Trump supporters in this manner, we need to move past it, American society is good and decent as a whole, etc.

If only one of them took this approach, they might at least gain political momentum in the middle. Instead they double down on their tired old ideology and push left. Let's see how that works out for them.
That's how far they have gone. This was chance for a Sister Soulja moment.
BadMoonRisin
AG
This is beautiful.

Trump is pitching the booming economy to America...

And Kamala is pitching hate crime numbers after being publicly denounced by her own father and humiliated for falling for this completely ridiculous garbage story.

Talk about a bad week.
Danny Vermin
C@LAg said:

he has nothing to lose.

he is basically a z level celebrity at this point.

Maybe so but is best friends with A lister Adam Sandler so he will always have jobs.
rynning
AG
rynning said:

If they "rehearsed" the attack, that means they wanted it on video. Did they just get unlucky, or will we find out the video exists after all?

So they just got very unlucky, or did they get lucky? The video of all of them "acting" would have been a goldmine.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Prosperdick
AG
C@LAg said:

supposedly they thought they were being filmed, but the camera was pointing away from the area.

From what I understand they staged the attack under a camera but it was under a glass dome and the camera was pointing the wrong way...which in retrospect is fantastic as this story would have exploded had they captured the "violence" on camera but I do think the CPD would have caught Jussie regardless because there would have been even more pressure on them to make an arrest.

That being said the viral video easily could have stoked enough hate for many violent incidents to break out all over the country with anyone wearing MAGA gear truly victimized.
Cuterebra
AG
I just like the thought that the little twerp took a punch for the first time in his life, and didn't even have to. I wish I could see his face when he learned his one act play wasn't even recorded.

I bet the brothers wish they could have a few more swings at him now that he left them blowing in the wind.
Cassius
BallerStaf2003 said:

I'm surprised some of you thought trump wouldn't tweet about Jussie.

On a day where a coast guard diver got caught planning an attack on liberal Politicians, of course he's going to deflect to this sociopath.

That guy said he wanted to kill just about everyone. That includes conservatives.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Prosperdick said:

On the Empire set today he implored his cast and crew to believe him stating "I swear to God I did not do this."

So we can add blasphemy to his list because he definitely did do this.

Oh well if he swore to God, then.....
NE PA Ag
johnnyblaze36 said:

Now Kamala has put out her statement. And what does she do? Talk about the rise of hate crimes. What a stupid *****.

Statistics. As usual citing a number like a 17% increase is meaningless without some context. All my numbers are from https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/hate-crime-statistics

There were a reported 8,493 victims of hate crimes in 2017 in 7,175 incidents reported. That equates to a little over .0025% of the population. The number of known perpetrators of these incidents was 6,370 and there were a total of 7,175 incidents, so somewhere north of 800 offenders were not known (multiple offenders and victims are possible for an incident). Of the 6,370 known perpetrators, a little over 50% were white, while 21% were black. Around 9% of known offenders were reported as Hispanic, but 65% reported no additional ethnicity information.

A couple of other things to point out with these numbers are that the overall population of the country also increased, while the number of law enforcement agencies reporting crime statistics into the national database increased almost 6%, from 15,254 in 2016 to 16,149 in 2017. So a significant portion of any increase would be related to these two items.

In summary, the number of victims of so called hate crimes is miniscule to begin with. Yes, there was an increase, but a good portion of it is related to more reporting by law enforcement agencies and an overall population increase. I'm not sure where the fakes fit into all this, but I assume they must be included in the statistics since it is a database of crimes reported, not what the outcomes of those reported crimes were. The narrative that the Trump neo-Nazi white supremacists are driving a huge increase in hate crimes is bogus since only somewhere in the vicinity of 45% of the perpetrators are white non-Hispanics.

So basically touting this awful increase and either directly stating or strongly implying Trump and his supporters are the cause is a big steaming pile of bs.
Whens lunch
AG
Prosperdick said:

A. Solzhenitsyn said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Juss...the jusster, the jussameister....making copies license plates.
FIFY
Not when I'm done with it.
FrioAg 00
AG
If that statistic is accurate, then white people are less likely to commit a hate crime than black people.

When are we going to talk about the ride in black hates crimes?

agent-maroon
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

They'll do anything to avoid the real elephant in the room of black on black crime.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NE PA Ag
FrioAg 00 said:

If that statistic is accurate, then white people are less likely to commit a hate crime than black people.

These DOJ stats are surely where the senator is getting her numbers, so it's right there and your interpretation is accurate.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
SIAP

FrioAg 00
AG
Or the root causes in popular black culture.

Things like 3 of every 4 children being born to unwed mothers. Or despite admission criteria being lowered SIGNIFICANTLY for black students as well as lucrative advantages in financial aid - they're 50% less likely to earn a college degree than white or Asian students.

No, no one wants to talk about who is really causing the wealth gap and oppressing black prople.
EMY92
AG
When I was young, all the little kids wanted to be the hero. Being heroic and doing the right thing were promoted as something to strive for.

Now, you gain status not by doing what is right or helping others. You gain status by being a victim. In this case, you have someone that is living a life that many dream of. He's very well paid for relatively easy work. Plenty of time off to pursue other things to make him happy. He's a regular on a prime time TV show. 10-20 or more years ago, that was the point where you had "made it".

Now, it's not enough, to make it, you must be a victim. He paid much more than the average person earns in a week to try to achieve victim status.

I do not know why being the victim has become chic, I don't know if it's due to the mob mentality of social media or if the country has changed to the point where working to become something is so undesirable to the masses, that victimhood is now the pinnacle of our aspirations.
rough_stock
agent-maroon said:

FrioAg 00 said:

They'll do anything to avoid the real elephant in the room of black on black crime.

And black on white crime. Who are the true haters?
Prosperdick
AG

Wow...this details the meeting Jussie had with the brothers in his car which is corroborated through cams and cell towers. The fact that they have this level of detail and he's STILL swearing to God he's innocent is simply stunning.

I love how he asks them if he can trust them...who would answer that question "no." Such a dumb question but we are talking about an individual who thought it was a good idea to use a personal check.

I hope he maintains his innocence to the point where NO plea deal is offered. If I'm the DA with this level of evidence I can't wait to go to trial.
End Of Message
AG
It reads like a 1L crim law hypo.

Secolobo
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Or the root causes in popular black culture.

Things like 3 of every 4 children being born to unwed mothers. Or despite admission criteria being lowered SIGNIFICANTLY for black students as well as lucrative advantages in financial aid - they're 50% less likely to earn a college degree than white or Asian students.

No, no one wants to talk about who is really causing the wealth gap and oppressing black prople.
They also just push them through the system with full ride "grants" and encourage masters degrees. I see it all the time when undergrad interns just talk about getting their masters and not even working in the real world. Something is going on with these counselors....don't know if they have to meet a quota, department receives grant money or what but most of these kids have no business advancing much less getting a bachelors...
Can I go to sleep Looch?
CoppellAg93
AG
A little Friday humor ....

First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.