Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,949 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look above you
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Saw that.

What do you make of Strzok retaining his DAD powers as it relates to classified information while on Team Mueller? To me that screams, "FISA warrants."
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
That's a damn lousy court sketch artist.
RoscoePColtrane
Today in the DC Court

PSI Report (prepared by SrUSPO Kelly Kraemer-Soares) as to GEORGE PAPADOPOULOS. re 40 Final Presentence Investigation Report Entered into record under seal
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Saw that.

What do you make of Strzok retaining his DAD powers as it relates to classified information while on Team Mueller? To me that screams, "FISA warrants."
Sure points to that. This FISA investigation may turn out to be way more than we expected.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were more than 10 FISAs in place after the Data Mine buffet line was shut down by Rogers.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Saw that.

Sure points to that. This FISA investigation may turn out to be way more than we expected.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were more than 10 FISAs in place after the Data Mine buffet line was shut down by Rogers.
I haven't seen where Mueller set up a taint team and a prosecutorial team. Surely not all of the outside private attorneys Mueller hired have top secret security clearances to be privy to FISA warrant material, nor other counter-intel methods and sources. Particularly retaining the ability to declassify things.

In my view, that was the fundamental flaw in the Mueller appointment, the conflation of a counter-intel probe and a criminal one. Absent espionage or terrorism as the crime being investigated, that conflation leads to a trashing of USPers Constitutional rights.

ETA: The ability to issue National Security Letters (those don't go before a judge) in a criminal investigation is quite concerning as well. Outrageous, actually.
aggiehawg
AG
Doocy just said the FBI had a key to Manafort's home but refused to say how they got it? And they used the key to enter for search? WTH?
RoscoePColtrane
FBI used a key to enter the Manafort residence the morning of the raid, but refused to disclose where they got the key from.

Manafort's team have raised some objections and they have recessed while Ellis ponders the objections.

Mueller team may be in for a rough road, based on their shoddy work and laziness, trying to use wealth and lifestyle as evidence of a crime, their own witnesses painting a picture of Manafort being a hard worker and good at what he does as a political consultant.
Code 7 10-42
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Are you live tweeting from inside the courtroom or something?
RoscoePColtrane
blindey said:

Are you live tweeting from inside the courtroom or something?
No there are several people that are using runners to relay what's going on since there are no electronics or cameras allowed in the courtroom.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
I may have overlooked it but I don't have any recollection of a key being used by the FBI during the motions to suppress. Anybody remember that?
Patentmike
AG
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

YSaw that.

I haven't seen where Mueller set up a taint team and a prosecutorial team. Surely not all of the outside private attorneys Mueller hired have top secret security clearances to be privy to FISA warrant material, nor other counter-intel methods and sources. Particularly retaining the ability to declassify things.

In my view, that was the fundamental flaw in the Mueller appointment, the conflation of a counter-intel probe and a criminal one. Absent espionage or terrorism as the crime being investigated, that conflation leads to a trashing of USPers Constitutional rights.

ETA: The ability to issue National Security Letters (those don't go before a judge) in a criminal investigation is quite concerning as well. Outrageous, actually.
What I read yesterday said that Strzok's DAD powers included the power to declassify.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

VegasAg86
AG
Describing his lavish lifestyle in their opening statement, now calling the Russians oligarchs, do they think they need to bolster their case?
🤡 🤡 🤡
RoscoePColtrane
VegasAg86 said:

Describing his lavish lifestyle in their opening statement, now calling the Russians oligarchs, do they think they need to bolster their case?
Absolutely there were trying, Ellis was having none of it.

They are shooting for 300 years they are going to be lucky to end up with a few months and a big fine and back taxes at this rate.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Michael Barnhart said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

YSaw that.

What I read yesterday said that Strzok's DAD powers included the power to declassify.
Read the same thing, but as Dixie said, with that DAD power he's got the power to use FISA fairly easily as long as his senior SAS signs off on it. McCabe was more than willing to.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
If he's still DAD, it does. That's the issue here he was on TDY to a criminal investigation and not serving as a DAD. Some curtailment of his privileges under those circumstances would seem to be warranted in order not to taint the evidence being gathered.

Essentially what he is requesting (and received to some extent) is the ability to conduct warrantless searches in violation of the 4th Amendment and to unilaterally declassify anythimg he was privy to to those on Team Mueller that didn't have security clearances. That's damn close to fruit of the poisonous tree.

In the absence of espionage or terrorism, using counter-intel methods and sources to build a criminal case is a huge no-no, or should be.
RoscoePColtrane
Went back through the documents and see nothing mentioning a key or means of entry
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Michael Barnhart said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

YSaw that.

Read the same thing, but as Dixie said, with that DAD power he's got the power to use FISA fairly easily as long as his senior SAS signs off on it. McCabe was more than welcome to.
FISA at least has a process to it but NSL's much less process. As I said, if Mueller had a firewall between the counter-intel and the prosecutors, that would have been one thing. I don't think that happened here however. Strzok was the evidentiary goose that laid the golden egg with his top secret access and ability to trigger and have access to surveillance.

Remember when the Michael Cohen case first surfaced? And the FBI claimed they had been monitoring his various emails accounts and could say that he didn't have any law clients? Want to bet that started with a NSL from Strzok on Team Mueller?
VegasAg86
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

VegasAg86 said:

They are shooting for 300 years they are going to be lucky to end up with a few months and a big fine and back taxes at this rate.

I expect him to be convicted, but I have a feeling Team Mueller might not like Ellis' last word on this come sentencing time.
🤡 🤡 🤡
stetson
AG
Quote:

Strzok was the evidentiary goose that laid the golden egg with his top secret access and ability to trigger and have access to surveillance.
And you can bet the farm that Strzok was hand picked for the position based on little more than his politics.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Went back through the documents and see nothing mentioning a key or means of entry
Thanks for doing that. I didn't think that had ever been raised, as I know my first response would have been how in the hell did the FBI get a key to Manafort's house and when?
Synopsis
It appears to me, based on recent posts here, that Mueller's team is somewhat lazy and is relying on using Manafort's reputation as proof of "collusion."

I hope Judge Ellis slaps them more than a few times for this.
RoscoePColtrane
VegasAg86 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

VegasAg86 said:

I expect him to be convicted, but I have a feeling Team Mueller might not like Ellis' last word on this come sentencing time.
This will come back to haunt them

Quote:

"You don't really care about Mr. Manafort," Ellis told prosecutors at the hearing. "You really care about what information Mr. Manafort can give you to lead you to Mr. Trump and an impeachment, or whatever."
Code 7 10-42
Synopsis
I sure appreciate all of the (top notch) legal talent on here. It's a privelege.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Thanks for doing that. I didn't think that had ever been raised, as I know my first response would have been how in the hell did the FBI get a key to Manafort's house and when?
Code 7 10-42
FriscoKid
AG
Mueller has refused to give up sources and methods quite a bit. Is the manafort team going to force him to drop his pants and show his cards?
drcrinum

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/manafort-on-trial-a-scorched-earth-prosecutor-and-not-a-mention-of-trump/2018/07/31/848e831e-9508-11e8-810c-5fa705927d54_story.html?utm_term=.1b5ec931b749

Day one summary.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Synopsis said:

It appears to me, based on recent posts here, that Mueller's team is somewhat lazy and is relying on using Manafort's reputation as proof of "collusion."
I don't necessarily know that it is laziness. The more likely explanation is that their case is just a combination of weak and uninteresting to the jury. They need the "oligarch/rich playboy/he's rich so he has to be bad" narrative to keep the jury paying attention when they start having to actually put on evidence to prove up their case. Tax forms, bank statements, and government paperwork alone might as well be a live feed of paint drying on the side of a barn in Snook.

The problem here is that the judge believes that the narrative the prosecution is trying to set is obviously much too prejudicial, so he's shut them down.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Based on the read from the WSJ, it sounds like the jury is leaning toward the prosecution. Not that it matters. Juries are really fickle.
RoscoePColtrane
The Twitter bot feed on the Manafort Trial is in hyper loop.

New accounts with single digit following and single digit followers. All with some obscure word followed by 7 digits (i.e. @blue4385823 @resist8529837)

All tweeting the same things exactly like a copy and paste.
Code 7 10-42
techno-ag
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

The Twitter bot feed on the Manafort Trial is in hyper loop.

New accounts with single digit following and single digit followers. All with some obscure word followed by 7 digits (i.e. @blue4385823 @resist8529837)

All tweeting the same things exactly like a copy and paste.
Russians!
RoscoePColtrane
Email from Strzok

and the reply

Code 7 10-42
GarryowenAg
AG
The Ellis trial is Manafort's only hope for a win. The verdict in his DC trial is already know.
RoscoePColtrane
Side bar

It seems Warner is feeling the heat under his seat

He's shifted his narrative. Now the Russians weren't favoring Trump just wanting to disrupt. That a big change in narrative.

Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.