Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,484,262 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Meaning, they're not done with Flynn yet. Team Mueller is proposing to do everything ahead so that when they are done with him, he can be sentenced.
What more could they possibly want with Flynn that they haven't already obtained? He hasn't even talked to Trump for a year and a half. Not sure that Flynn and Manafort had all that much to do with each other.
HTownAg98
Your guess is as good as mine. But like you said earlier,
Quote:

He liked to say some cases need to sit idle and age like a fine wine, results in a much more "mellow" result.
aggiehawg
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Quote:

He liked to say some cases need to sit idle and age like a fine wine, results in a much more "mellow" result.

Yeah but he was a defense attorney dealing with very busy prosecutors who could let a case slip between the cracks. Mueller doesn't exactly have a lot on his plate (that he didn't create for himself.) Manafort's cases and the Russian debacle case. SDNY is handling Cohen.
HTownAg98
So then the other question that should be asked then is what advantage does Flynn have in moving things along? All this delay does is give him an even better sentence in his favor. He can tell the judge, "I did everything I was supposed to, stuck to my plea agreement, didn't push the issue on anything, and I let the Team Mueller dog and pony show run its course. Hell your honor, if they sentenced me right away, I'd likely be walking out of prison very soon. How about I take some probation and we call this good?"
coyote68
aggiehawg said:

HTownAg98 said:

Quote:

Yeah but he was a defense attorney dealing with very busy prosecutors who could let a case slip between the cracks. Mueller doesn't exactly have a lot on his plate (that he didn't create for himself.) Manafort's cases and the Russian debacle case. SDNY is handling Cohen.

I defer to your legal wisdom. I'm guessing Mueller is between a rock and a hard place. He is probably waiting on Horowitz's next report or Huber's investigation just in case it shows Strozk or someone else doctored their reports to charge Flynn. My guess is Mueller and his fellow attorneys are worried about their shingles not being allowed in prison. Just a guess.
Rockdoc
AG
Yep. I'm thinking mueller has stepped in something. He's trying to scrape it off his shoes and maybe waiting for something to drop.
Wildcat
AG
Alternatively, he's stalling purely for political purposes. The investigation is about the only thing the anti-Trump establishment in DC has going for it with respect to opposing Trump's agenda.
drcrinum

Judge Sullivan is not buying the delay.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Judge Sullivan is not buying the delay.

RoscoePColtrane
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Well Buzzfeed claims to have the smoking gun that will bring the POTUS down. They claim to have obtained recreated documents from Michael Cohen's shredder from their secret FBI source. And they posted them in their article today.

I'm personally not seeing it but Glenn SImpson's Buzzfeed boys are trying

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4568861/Michael-Cohen-s-Reconstructed-Shredded-Documents.pdf

Code 7 10-42
tsuag10
AG
IF I was to have a career in politics, I would have a friend who lived in the country and burned his trash because he didn't have access to waste management services.
stetson
AG
Quite damning. I think I saw a reference to a Rainbow Roll sushi order.
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

Reply (answer) to @Techno_Fog's last question:

captkirk
AG
What is that supposed to show?
aggiehawg
AG
That Buzzfeed sucks at putting shredded documents back together?
GCP12
AG
RoscoePColtrane
GCP12 said:

He's seen the 2nd OIG report I'm guessing,

It was said a week ago that it was in it's final stages and would be making it's rounds for review and commenting by the associated parties. This are going to be coming to a head if I had to guess.
Code 7 10-42
Prosperdick
AG
aggiehawg said:

Buzzfeed...almost sounds like a shredding company. How ironic.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1013962336808456198.html

Thread on Team Mueller vs Concord Management latest transcript by attorney Techno_Fog. Interesting in that the defense is claiming that there has never been a case prosecuted in US history where the charges are: conspiracy to defraud the US/FEC for "electioneering communications". Also, the volume of evidence material crashed the Special Counsel's computer. Because of the classified material involved, a 'firewall counsel' will be required. Sadly, next court meeting will be September 28.
The legal beagles may find the thread interesting, although I don't have a link to the entire transcript.
marble rye
AG
aggiehawg said:

No kidding. Don't they employ some small children in Indonesia to do that?
RoscoePColtrane
Chris Gowen a former aide to Hillary Clinton is now serving as Imran Awan's attorney.

His hearing is today, July 3!

Imagine that
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1013962336808456198.html

How is it not a conflict of interest for a Clinton Attorney (Rhee) able to be a prosecutor of an investigation of interference in the 2016 election? Rhee represented the Clinton Foundation in 2015 against a racketeering lawsuit brought by conservative legal activist group Freedom Watch in 2015. Rhee also represented Hillary Clinton in a lawsuit seeking access to her private emails.
Code 7 10-42
HTownAg98
ABC is reporting that Cohen is going to remove himself from the joint defense agreement with Team Trump. His new attorney is either ready to make a deal or doesn't trust Team Trump.
RoscoePColtrane
If you didn't see it last night, this is an interview with a lot of info

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1013986425975463936.html

Short interesting thread on Cohen, but it also references a thread & youtube by @tracybeanz which give additional details. Cohen, Sater, Deripaska...very complex history & relationships. But what is likely important is that Sater spent years as a CIA/DIA/FBI asset, and here is an excellent, very detailed article about him if you ever want to learn the details (Osama Bin Laden, etc.):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/anthonycormier/felix-sater-trump-russia-undercover-us-spy?utm_term=.geljO70kYM#.oapogEld04
Tailgate88
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Chris Gowen a former aide to Hillary Clinton is now serving as Imran Awan's attorney.

Imagine that

Supposed to be happening right now. Can we find out what went down?
GCP12
AG
Uh, what?
MouthBQ98
AG
From their own copies of records. Data dumps from service providers as required by law. Problem is there was likely miscommunication about what must be provided and can't be accepted and the format required.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg said:

What are the ramifications of this?

Quote:

he National Security Agency is deleting more than 685 million call records the government obtained since 2015 from telecommunication companies in connection with investigations, raising questions about the viability of the program.

The NSA's bulk collection of call records was initially curtailed by Congress after former NSA contractor Edward Snowden leaked documents revealing extensive government surveillance. The law, enacted in June 2015, said that going forward, the data would be retained by telecommunications companies, not the NSA, but that the intelligence agency could query the massive database.

Now the NSA is deleting all the information it collected from the queries.

The agency released a statement late Thursday saying it started deleting the records in May after NSA analysts noted "technical irregularities in some data received from telecommunication service providers." It also said the irregularities resulted in the NSA obtaining some call details it was not authorized to receive.

That points to a failure of the program, according to David Kris, a former top national security official at the Justice Department.

"They said they have to purge three years' worth of data going back to 2015, and that the data they did collect during that time which they are now purging was not reliable and was infected with some kind of technical error," said Kris, founder of Culper Partners, a consulting firm in Seattle. "So whatever insights they were hoping to get over the past three years from this program of collection ... is all worthless. Because of that, they are throwing all the data away and basically starting over."

Christopher Augustine, an NSA spokesman, disagreed with the claim that the program had failed.
"This is a case in which NSA determined that there was a problem and proactively took all the right steps to fix it," he said.

Quote:

Under law, the government can request information, such as the type of details that might be printed on a phone bill: the date and time of a call or text, a telephone calling card number, the duration of a call and to what phone number it was made. The details provided to the government do not include the content of any communications, the name, address or financial information of a customer, cell site location or GPS information.

If government investigators have reasonable suspicion that a certain phone number is being used by a terrorist, who might be in the U.S. or overseas, the government asks the phone companies which other numbers have been in touch with the suspicious number something known as the "first hops" and then which numbers are in touch with those numbers, the "second hops."
Quote:

The NSA collected more than 534.4 million details of calls and text messages in 2017 from American telecom providers like AT&T and Version, according to the most recent government report covering NSA surveillance activities that year. That was more than three times the 151.2 million collected in 2016.

The call records were part of an intelligence collection effort aimed at 42 targets in 2016 and 40 targets in 2017, according to the report. It defines a target as an individual, group of individuals, organization or entity.

Annual reports to Congress from the intelligence community are now required under the 2015 surveillance reform legislation. The law also requires the government to seek a court order to collect call records to obtain intelligence. Requests for records of U.S. citizens must be based on an investigation being conducted to protect against terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities and the probe cannot be conducted solely on activities protected by the First Amendment.

However, despite the reforms, the NSA still received some data from the telecommunications companies that the agency was not authorized to see and some of that data was erroneous, Augustine said.
"We cannot go into greater detail because those details remain classified. However, at no point in time did NSA receive the content of any calls, the name, address or financial information of a subscriber or customer, nor cell site location information or global positioning system information," he said.
LINK
Reposted due to Trump tweet.
RoscoePColtrane
Tailgate88 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Imagine that

Supposed to be happening right now. Can we find out what went down?
Awan pleaded guilty to bank fraud in federal court, as part of plea agreement today, prosecutors have dropped charges against his wife and they will investigate his possible criminal behavior while working IT for Democrats in Congress under DWS, no sentence yet on the BF

Sentencing is August 22. Defense is asking for probation. Judge agreed to take away Awan's GPS monitoring device.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Not the way I read it. Awan was exonerated in the IT mess and they have already investigated it.

This is a pure cover-up, deliberately scheduled for the day before a holiday so it will be buried.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
The Plea deal

[img] [/img]

Code 7 10-42
akm91
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

That makes my blood boil reading that farce.
First Page Last Page
Page 509 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.