Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,489,989 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by aggiehawg
RoscoePColtrane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brer Rabbit....

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
End Of Message
AG
Then wake up. Several posters have presented well reasoned arguments founded in facts, not ideology.

The Democratic Party (and hopefully large swaths of the rhinos) are implicated in this fiasco.

On a side note, had a dinner, including several Baker Hostetler attorneys, last night...the "red pills" have reached the legal market.
ArcticPenguin
No kidding! Argh I am just getting pissed all over again. This puts me a horrible position come the mid-terms. I will vote my conscience. With the POTUS election it was easy. They both sucked equally. Depending on what comes out, I don't know how I will vote. We just moved to PA, so it actually will matter and I am so damned mad at being put in this position.

Ok, I am going to drink Scotch and watch Drunk History with my wife.
End Of Message
AG
Vote logically, not emotionally. You're not stupid.
aggiehawg
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Then wake up. Several posters have presented well reasoned arguments founded in facts, not ideology.

The Democratic Party (and hopefully large swaths of the rhinos) are implicated in this fiasco.

On a side note, had a dinner, including several Baker Hostetler attorneys, last night...the "red pills" have reached the legal market.
Baker, Hostetler? Are they in the Fusion, GPS/Magnitsky Act/Veselnitskaya chain/web??
End Of Message
AG
No, but they do have a DC office.
aggiehawg
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

No, but they do have a DC office.
And they are involved somehow. Know it, just can't remember at the moment. I'll back track and sleuth it down.

ETA: Didn't take long. Counsel for Prevezon along with Natalia Veselnitskaya and working with Fusion.

ETA again: LINK damnit
End Of Message
aggiehawg
AG
Okay. I'm good.
drcrinum

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/04/20/anatomy-of-a-political-smear-confirmed-james-comey-january-briefing-was-scripted-by-clapper-and-brennan-to-create-media-narrative/

Worth a read. More sleuthing into the infamous January 6, 2017 meeting between Comey & Trump wherein Comey briefed him about the golden showers. Conclusive evidence that Clapper & Brennan were the leakers to CNN. It was a plot.
Hogties
AG
Yes it was a plot at the highest levels and carried out by willing accomplices in the deep state who truly think Trump is Hitler and they are righteous.

It is incredibly dangerous for the Republic if those responsible are not held accountable with some jail time for egregious offenders. The light of day on this fiasco that only a court of law can bring to light is needed to send a warning shot to career DC types that they will not be protected.
drcrinum

Interesting tweet from Trump. Multiple people have remarked about discovery per the DNC legal suit and opening the can of worms related to the 'hacking' of the DNC server, but...Trump's tweet implies a direct link between the DNC server and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's servers = Awans and the Clinton emails. Trump's tweets always have meanings/implications. This could become really interesting.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Interesting tweet from Trump. Multiple people have remarked about discovery per the DNC legal suit and opening the can of worms related to the 'hacking' of the DNC server, but...Trump's tweet implies a direct link between the DNC server and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's servers = Awans and the Clinton emails. Trump's tweets always have meanings/implications. This could become really interesting.

Well, his son and his SIL have been sued in that dumb suit, sounds like he will fight back through them.
mrad85
AG
aggiehawg said:

mrad85 said:

I think we need to recruit more crack lawyers to add to our Texags legal team. The volume of info is growing exponentially every dang day.

Sorry. I'm doing my best.

Please! No need to be sorry in the least. We are forever in the debt of you and the good folks of this thread.
Bulldog73
AG
aggiehawg said:

LOL. Missed this little gem from two days ago. Ben Wittes, a stalwart Comey fan, writes in the extremely liberal blog, lawfare about the coming revelations about Loretta Lynch and Sally Yates in the OIG report.

Quote:

The first time I had lunch with James Comey at the FBI, it was still early in his tenure as director. We walked from his office to the bureau's cafeteria one floor up to get a sandwich for him and a salad for me. The director walking into the cafeteria was a big deal. Conversations stopped. Heads turned. In a comic irony to me that was, I'm sure, mortifying to her, the only person who did not seem to notice that Comey had entered the room was the young woman in front of him in the sandwich line. Watching from my vantage point at the salad bar, I saw this woman turn, realize who was behind her and become intensely flustered. Then I saw Comey refuse to cut the line and engage her in conversation while they waited. By the time they reached the front and ordered their sandwiches, she was chatting comfortably. I don't know who this woman was (she did some kind of counterterrorism analysis, I believe I overheard her say), but I'm certain she remembers that day too.
Aaahh, isn't that sweet?

Quote:

As we walked back to his office, Comey explained that while he thought the world of his predecessor, Robert Mueller, he wanted to change the vertically integrated paramilitary culture of the FBI. Comey wanted to break down the cult of the director. He wanted people to speak more freely. It was important, he said, for him to be seen in the cafeteria, where Mueller almost never set foot. As part of this campaign of humanization, he told me, he was also mixing up shirt color; Mueller famously wore a white shirt every day and expected other men to do the same.

Baby steps, I thought.
Put the reader into the scene. Looks like Comey and Wittes have the same editor, or maybe Wittes was the editor?

On to Ol' Loretty

Quote:

In October, when Comey decided to inform Congress of new investigative steps, both women contented themselves with staff-level messages objecting. And Lynch responded after the letter in a fashion that suggests she was only too happy to have Comey fall on this particular grenade. Comey writes about a private exchange with Lynch following a wider staff meeting. After the others had been dismissed, she offered him an awkward hug and asked a surprising question: "Would they feel better if it leaked on November 4?" After commiserating privately for a few minutes, she held the door open for him and told him, "Try to look beat up."

Comey told me this story shortly after it happened, and for a lot of reasons, it has bothered me ever since. Partly because of it, I very much look forward to how the forthcoming inspector general's report on the Clinton email investigation treats the attorney general, a matter Jack Goldsmith and I discussed at some length at the time Comey acted. (Lynch's statement issued the other day addresses substantially none of the questions a reasonable person might have about her own handling of the Clinton email matter.)

Quote:

For present purposes, however, my point is simply that if you believe that the Justice Department's Clinton email investigation was a train wreck that cost Hillary Clinton the election, the problem lies not only in what Comey did but also in what others did not do. It is easy to focus on Comey's various actions. The full picture, however, involves decisions by othersparticularly Lynchnot to take responsibility for things.
Quote:

At the end of the day, I don't know what I think of how Comey handled the Clinton email investigation. I go back and forth about whether the best of bad options worked out badly or whether this was a string of bad moves and unforced errors. My concern is that an inability to see whatever errors Comey made as the good-faith failings of a decent man trying his best under extraordinary circumstances affects the ability to process his interactions with Trump. Inevitably, your view of the Comey-Clinton story affects your ability to focus on the Comey-Trump story. It's hard to focus on the Comey-Trump story if you believe the Comey-Clinton story is one ofat the extremepartisan intervention by the FBI on Trump's behalf. It's hard if you believe it was a story of ego-driven showboating and moral vanity on the part of a man who loves the spotlight. It's hard if you convince yourself that Comey's action affected the outcome of the election. It's really hard if you've persuaded yourself to ignore the many other factors that contributed to Clinton's loss and Trump's winand all the other factors that contributed to the Justice Department's handling of this particular case. It's also really hard if you're not open to grappling with the Kierkegaardian reality that Comey faced.
That's some world class navel gazing there, Ben.

Quote:

Shortly after the election, I had lunch with Comey in his office. After we went to the cafeteria to get food, I asked how he was doing and, in a prelude to his "mildly nauseous" testimony, he said that he felt sick every time he thought that the FBI, or he personally, might have played a role in influencing the election's outcome.

<snip>

I asked if he intended to stay on under Trump, and Comey said that he did. He wasn't going to offer his resignation, and if Trump asked for it, he said, he would not oblige. "If he wants to get rid of me, he's going to have to fire me," I recall him saying. This was before the Trump Tower meeting, before the loyalty-oath dinner. But Comey was steeling himself. There were investigations to supervise, to conduct and to protect. And there were all those people in the cafeteria, in the halls, in the file rooms and in the field offices who would need a firm layer of insulation from what was coming.
Comey didn't say any of that. He didn't need to.
So Comey has his buddy leak crap based on his in person visits to the FBI under Comey's tenure. If you are diabetic, best not to read the rest. The sugary schmaltz is overwhelming. LINK
Does anyone else get the feeling that for someone who so obviously believes in message shaping and image posturing, Comey is unbelievably tone deaf and BAD at this?
drcrinum

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-new-revelations-shed-light-on-comey-trump-and-that-loyalty-demand

The Comey Memos now provide a context to the "Trump-Comey loyalty request" that differs markedly from the narrative pushed by Comey & the MSM during the tumultuous period following Comey's firing last year.** Trump had every reason to question Comey's loyalty following the January 6, 2016 briefing about the golden showers and it's subsequent leak to CNN. Interesting read from Byron York.

**If you don't recall this issue, then read the following article from June 7, 2017:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/i-expect-loyalty-trump-told-comey-according-to-written-testimony/2017/06/07/46413298-4bab-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6862b3f7bf90
Quote:

'I expect loyalty,' Trump told Comey, according to written testimony
drcrinum

Two of the memos Comey leaked to his buddy/friend contained classified info, and this matter has been referred to the OIG for review. There is a paywalled story in the WSJ at:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-department-watchdog-probes-comey-memos-over-classified-information-1524243505

drcrinum

https://apnews.com/2f8115e70dae434080bc1b153512c4e3/Senate-panel-talks-to-Russian-lawyer-who-met-with-Trump-Jr

Quote:

A Russian lawyer who discussed sanctions with Donald Trump Jr. at a Trump Tower meeting during the 2016 campaign recently met U.S. Senate investigators in Berlin, a person familiar with the interview told The Associated Press.

Senate intelligence committee investigators looking into Russian interference in the campaign interviewed Natalia Veselnitskaya at a Berlin hotel, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the details of the interview are confidential.

The interview lasted about three hours and was focused on information contained in a collection of memos compiled by a former British spy, whose worked was funded by the Democratic National Committee and the campaign of Hillary Clinton. The dossier contains numerous allegations of Russian ties to Donald Trump, his associates and the Trump campaign.

The person familiar with the conversation, who spoke to Veselnitskaya, said the dossier was discussed more than her involvement in the Trump Tower meeting....

No specific details of the meeting were leaked, & the ranking members of the Senate Intel Committee declined to comment. (Remember, this is not a Trump friendly committee; the ranking Dem is Warner, a snake we have previously discussed.)

Frisco
AG
Maybe someone can answer me on this one. Didn't we call comey leaking these as classified in the very beginning? Why is that just now becoming an issue? Or has it always been one and it's just now getting told to the public?
Agnzona
Almost everything speculated here has come true. Its pretty obvious.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Brer Rabbit....

Well... Bye

Sessions has been extremely weak and afraid to stick his head out from his shell.

My only hope was he was doing something behind rather scenes that would come out and be huge but every day that passes I realize he is a blow hard and not a leader.

I had high hopes for him after all his hearing performances during the Obama years but now I realize why his hearings were all fire and smoke with no substance. His just there for political theater and to advance himself.

Would love for him to prove me wrong but I don't see it happening.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
drcrinum
Frisco said:

Maybe someone can answer me on this one. Didn't we call comey leaking these as classified in the very beginning? Why is that just now becoming an issue? Or has it always been one and it's just now getting told to the public?
Earlier we only knew that 4 of the 7 Memos were classified, and since Comey had leaked 4 memos, at least 1 had to be classified. Now we know that 2 of the leaked memos were classified.
drcrinum

https://truepundit.com/co-owners-of-alfa-bank-sue-ex-spy-steele-for-phony-trump-dossier/

Quote:

Co-owners of the Russian Alfa Bank Mikhail Fridman, Petr Aven and German Khan filed a lawsuit against the author of a "dossier on Donald Trump", a former British intelligence officer, Christopher Steele, in the US District of Columbia court.

In the statement of claim, which the correspondent of TASS read on Friday, Steele and his London-based company Orbis Business Intelligence are accused of libel. "This is a claim for protection of honor, dignity, business reputation and compensation for moral damage," the document stresses. "The business reputation of these three businessmen was defamed by materials prepared for political opponents of [Republican presidential candidate] Donald Trump during the 2016 election campaign of the year".

"In one of the materials of this file, the plaintiffs and Alfa Bank are falsely accused of criminal behavior and alleged cooperation with the Kremlin to influence the presidential election in the US in 2016. However, neither the plaintiffs, nor Alfa- bank "did not commit any actions that are so recklessly attributed to them," the text says. The lawyers of the plaintiffs demanded that the defendants be tried and compensation paid "in the amount that the court will establish."

Alfa Bank owners have previously filed suits against Fusion GPS and Buzzfeed.
GCP12
AG
Cepe
AG
Looks like a lot of people are about to go broke in lawsuits if they were anywhere near that dossier
Frisco
AG
So this a wheels of Justice moves slow thing? I know I'm a bit naive and all but something like that that made waves should have been caught at the upper echelon level and pounced on by the other side unless we're going for the long game
Garrelli 5000
AG
I've tried to follow this all but it all bleeds together (not in a good for memory way).

I believe that the accusation that he leaked classified memos, of his own writing, has been stated here and elsewhere since near the beginning of this topic. He admitted from the beginning in his congressional testimony that he leaked the info. He tried to hide behind saying they were basically his "dear diary" notes and nothing official - the problem being he can't have a diary about his work while working and it not be official.

The majority of the info on this topic, therefore this forum, is from non-MSM outlets.

The info that 'justifies' saying Comey leaked classified info is just now starting to get published in the MSM, but it is info that has been available for a while.

His book tour is just now shining a light, that he probably shouldn't have encouraged, on what others have been saying for a long time.

Don't turn on the lights if you aren't willing to see the rats in the corner. In this case, the rats just might be all of the nefarious things the non-MSM media has discussed from page 5 or so.
Hogties
AG
I watch so little MSM news that I'm not sure how much of the masses have been Red Pilled with the information that has been deduced in this forum from publicly available information. My guess is not much.

It's dawn in America with the masses just starting to wake up to the corrupt cabal of the Democrats, MSM, and the Deep State. I'm glad I'm ahead of the curve thanks to this forum.
sam callahan
Your guess is spot on.

NPR's line this morning was that the House Republicans have to be regretting pushing for the release of the Comey memos because all they did was support Comey.
RoscoePColtrane
sam callahan said:

Your guess is spot on.

NPR's line this morning was that the House Republicans have to be regretting pushing for the release of the Comey memos because all they did was support Comey.
National
Propaganda
Radio
Code 7 10-42
sam callahan
I agree.

But the popular narrative is firmly in control of the state and most just see it as gospel.
Agnzona
NPR might actually be worse than CNN. They express the exact same view and take on every story as CNN only with their smug superior tone.
Cepe
AG
I think Comey's "memos" were actually a product of someone telling him to make notes so he could write a book one day.

That's why they have a lot of scene setting and such silliness.

He knew he was going to get to cash out with his behind the scenes story.

Problem is he jumped the gun by leaking them spitefully for being fired and building them up as something more than they were.

I guess it did get Mueller rolling but they all look like fools at this point IMO.
RoscoePColtrane
The DOJ used leaks in four key turning points to bootstrap all these investigations, to try and give them legitimacy in the public, when in fact the are actively trying to take down the POTUS.
Code 7 10-42
Secolobo
AG
Cepe said:

I think Comey's "memos" were actually a product of someone telling him to make notes so he could write a book one day.

That's why they have a lot of scene setting and such silliness.

He knew he was going to get to cash out with his behind the scenes story.

Problem is he jumped the gun by leaking them spitefully for being fired and building them up as something more than they were.

I guess it did get Mueller rolling but they all look like fools at this point IMO.
Apr 19 2018 20:11:51 (EST) Q !xowAT4Z3VQID: eb1842 1107913
>>1107523
Memos are FAKE.
Guided by LL/+3 CLAS.
Think SC.
All written same time.
Q

FWIW
Can I go to sleep Looch?
First Page Last Page
Page 285 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.