Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,707 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

And what sort of spot does that put Wray in? What does he do?
Fire people or reassign them pending termination??

The more interesting question is what does DOJ do? Take some matters before a grand jury?
reb,
AG
I'm presuming that the whole point of the 302's being changed was so that the testimony they "represent" could be fudged to provide compelling evidence for the FISA court.

That, plus the bogus dossier. Warrant granted.

Right?
RoscoePColtrane
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
benchmark
AG
jjeffers1 said:

My 2 centavos ... Wray is trying to manage a meltdown within his dept. If he sides with Nunes - he has a mutiny. If he sides with the FBI - he has their loyalty in the post nuclear time zone. So he does the Texas 2-step and appears to side with both.
akm91
AG
benchmark said:

jjeffers1 said:

My 2 centavos ... Wray is trying to manage a meltdown within his dept. If he sides with Nunes - he has a mutiny. If he sides with the FBI - he has their loyalty in the post nuclear time zone. So he does the Texas 2-step and appears to side with both.
Unfortunately, that leaves him to get run over by both buses.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
RoscoePColtrane
jjeffers1 said:

Wray has to be in survival mode to an extent, because a lot of questionable stuff has gone on even after he was sworn in. First week or two he gets a pass, getting up to speed, but he has to have been aware of the storm building around this or he's incredibly dense. And when he was questioned in his last hearing and all of this mess was being thrown at him, Jim Jordan being direct as you can as to why these people are still employed at the FBI and all his answer is He's waiting on the IG report?

This Memo blows the lid off of the maybes because he knows there is hard evidense in the underlying documents, and to date other than fire McCabe he's done nothing. So he's buying time to get caught up is my guess. WHen Kelly summoned him and Rosenstein to the WH, I'm sure he let it be know the memo is coming and you better be on the right side of the law. Kelly is no swamp creature and trying to tarnish his integrity would be suicide. Wray has painted himself in the corner so to speak.
Code 7 10-42
BearJew13
AG
So where does that put Sessions in all of this?
Rockdoc
AG
I don't see Kelly backing down or pulling punches
aggiehawg
AG
reb, said:

I'm presuming that the whole point of the 302's being changed was so that the testimony they "represent" could be fudged to provide compelling evidence for the FISA court.

That, plus the bogus dossier. Warrant granted.

Right?
Uhhmm, my take was that 302 were altered before they went to Congressional oversight.

But altering a 302 before submitting it as an Exhibit to a FISA request? That's jail time, disbarment.
hbtheduce
AG
benchmark said:

jjeffers1 said:

Very possible. There has also been ideas floating about splitting up the FBI and incorporating them into the other alphabet agencies. Wray can't like that idea, even if he is for fighting the corruption.

Congress oversight doesn't exist to exonerate the executive branch. If Wray/FBI want to survive, then need to start playing ball LAST WEEK.
RoscoePColtrane
BearJew13 said:

So where does that put Sessions in all of this?
Sessions has the recusal shelter to hide in. It's been puzzling that his recusal originally was anything related to the campaign, but by appearances he's recused himself from a much broader spanse of the AG workplace. It's a hard read, because that may be what he wants people to believe, while he works in the shadows.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

There was warning from Schumer to Trump about getting on the bad side of the IC.

Quote:

New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is "being really dumb" by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia's cyber activities.

"Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you," Schumer told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow.

"So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he's being really dumb to do this."

LINK.
ntxVol
That sounds like a threat. They sound like they have forgotten who they work for...the American people.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

jjeffers1 said:

Wray has to be in survival mode to an extent, because a lot of questionable stuff has gone on even after he was sworn in. First week or two he gets a pass, getting up to speed, but he has to have been aware of the storm building around this or he's incredibly dense. And when he was questioned in his last hearing and all of this mess was being thrown at him, Jim Jordan being direct as you can as to why these people are still employed at the FBI and all his answer is He's waiting on the IG report?

This Memo blows the lid off of the maybes because he knows there is hard evidense in the underlying documents, and to date other than fire McCabe he's done nothing. So he's buying time to get caught up is my guess. WHen Kelly summoned him and Rosenstein to the WH, I'm sure he let it be know the memo is coming and you better be on the right side of the law. Kelly is no swamp creature and trying to tarnish his integrity would be suicide. Wray has painted himself in the corner so to speak.
I think he's just buying time (taking the company line) to take action until "something" comes out that is irrefutable.

The Memo is jumping the gun on the OIG report. So likely a few heads will roll after memo drops - he won't have a choice.

And then even more will roll once OIG report is finalized.

He will still have the loyalty of the line workers because he waited until there was no other choice.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
aggiehawg
AG
ntxVOL said:

That sounds like a threat. They sound like they have forgotten who they work for...the American people.
They have. They are mostly Colonel Jessup(s).

Truth is, they can't handle it.
Bird Poo
AG
Col Jessup is a very appropriate analogy to the shameful attitudes being displayed by congress and the FBI.
DeWrecking Crew
The problem is, most of them think they are doing good by the country by undermining a POTUS they don't politically agree with, a serious culture change needs to happen and they need to harshly clamp down on any semblance of politica motives. McCabe's wife running for political office should have been disallowed...let me rephrase, she can run for office, McCabe shouldn't have been allowed to keep his position in that scenario. It's the same reason family members of those that work for the lottery can't play the lottery.
aggiehawg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Hmm.

Brock Landers is Navy Jack??

Winky face, please note.
drcrinum

I heard this on Fox Business while driving home tonight. This is strange. Watch the video.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

The problem is, most of them think they are doing good by the country by undermining a POTUS they don't politically agree with, a serious culture change needs to happen and they need to harshly clamp down on any semblance of politica motives. McCabe's wife running for political office should have been disallowed...let me rephrase, she can run for office, McCabe shouldn't have been allowed to keep his position in that scenario. It's the same reason family members of those that work for the lottery can't play the lottery.
Here is what I don't buy: I'm expected to believe that Dems are playing the role of noble protector. The Dems I know are self-serving, Machiavellian pols. If this memo were so erroneous, they'd be begging for it to be released so they could throw shade at GOP.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
President of Judicial Watch

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Juducial Watch person below calling out FBI offices too: El Paso in particular

SpreadsheetAg
AG
bmks270
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

The sources look questionable. I doubt this happened.
aggiehawg
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

You make an excellent point. One I have struggled with. In the old days, it wasn't a problem because wives stayed at home and didn't work. Now the DC power couples are universal. And they all work in government or politics and sell their "access" in a Benjamins changing hands kind of way.

Frankly, I'm at a loss about what to do about that. It's unworkable to say if the husband or wife is in an elected position the spouse can't work as a lobbyist, lawyer, think tank contributor, etc.

Real sticky wicket.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bmks270 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

The sources look questionable. I doubt this happened.
Lou Dobbs: Our chief correspondent at the White House, John Roberts, telling us that the new version of the memorandum has been altered in some ways by the White House review. Five professional members of the FBI were at the White House to meet with the Chief of Staff John Kelly to got through that.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/breaking-five-fbi-members-went-white-house-revised-house-intel-fisa-memo-video/
Rockdoc
AG
You're telling me that Kelly let the 5 agents alter the actual memo document? I don't believe that.
DeWrecking Crew
You can follow Strzok's texts and come to your own conclusion...it's an "end justifies the means" mentality on both sides, in one of the few organizations in the entire world where that can't be the mentality. They need to clean house of anyone and everyone that has any inkling of politics to them and reset the culture
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.