Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,532 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
who is that? Catch me up
aggielostinETX
AG
reb, said:

who is that? Catch me up

Former FBI, President at Crowdstrike, AntiTrump
drcrinum
Deats said:

reb, said:

who is that? Catch me up

Also a 'National Security Analyst for NBC News'...rather peculiar IMO.
whatthehey78
AG
drcrinum said:

Deats said:

reb, said:

who is that? Catch me up

My apologies, but which post (i.e., who is that) are ya'll referring to?
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
drcrinum
whatthehey78 said:

drcrinum said:

Deats said:

reb, said:

who is that? Catch me up

My apologies, but which post (i.e., who is that) are ya'll referring to?
On the previous page, the tweet stating that Shawn Henry, the President of CrowdStrike, was former FBI. He spent 24 years in the FBI and was Executive Assistant Director at the time he departed. CrowdStrike sits at the apex in the investigation of the DNC server 'hack', and a number of cybertech experts have criticized CrowdStrike's report that the Russians were responsible for hacking the DNC server.
RoscoePColtrane

fasthorse05
RoscoePColtrane said:

Certainly don't know everyone on the list (not gonna reserch it), but there are at least four folks there who are most certainly, and thoroughly, corrupt. At least their actions suggest complete corruption,

Of course, we rightys wouldn't continue to say these things if the Ohr's, Preistaps, and Simpson's of the world would just answer questions, provide proof of their answers, and have their agency deliver information when asked, or by supoena.

But they won't frickin's do that!
drcrinum
https://spectator.org/a-remote-start-up-from-13-billion-miles-away/

Quote:

Apparently, Christopher Steele -- the former SIS (MI6) officer and author (in part) of the salacious dossier on Donald Trump -- is in hiding somewhere. The only people who know where that is are Britain's SIS (MI6) and Security Service (MI5), the FBI and CIA, the FSB (former KGB) and the managers of his secret Swiss bank account and the Swiss federal finance police...

Neutral observers are trying to decipher the meaning of Chris Steele's admission in a court filing that the Trump dossier was unverified. (Washington Times, 4/25/17). This statement was in defense of a defamation suit in a London court brought by one Aleksej Gubarev, the CEO of XBT Holdings. How did he get into the act you may ask? The quick answer is that Mr. Gubarev was identified as a "rogue hacker" in Steele's 35-page dossier. Obviously, Aleksej Gubarev believed he was "defamed," for he insisted he was neither a "rogue" nor a "hacker".

In a rather weak defense, the supposedly clever "spy" Steele stated he was a "victim" of Fusion GPS, the firm that hired him with money from a "Clinton backer." At least that's what the press report covering the defamation proceedings stated. Chris appears to believe that Fusion GPS was under the obligation not to disclose "confidential information" provided by Steele and his firm, Orbis. MI6 training must be severely lacking if they never instructed dear, innocent Christopher not to trust bad American partisan political operatives!

The next step in this intriguing story is a voluntary effort by Steele to provide an FBI special agent he knows in Rome with the collection of exciting if prurient information on Donald Trump's sexual adventures in Russia. This juicy stuff is so valuable that the FBI supposedly decides to send over a three-man team to debrief Steele on his "hot" info on Trump. According to Luke Harding, the author of a recently published book on Chris Steele, the FBI guys were "shocked and appalled" at what they learned. Wait a minute. Since when do FBI agents become "shocked and appalled" over rich guy politicians' sexual adventures? That's right, never! And why are three FBI guys needed for this little confab? Right it never happens.

Somewhere down the line, someone is going to have to figure out how a chap with only one stint of two and a half years under diplomatic cover in the British Embassy in Moscow, and a bit less than that in the British Embassy in Paris, acquired the exceptional skills required to be head of an MI6 principal Russian section. Seems a bit odd. Oh yes, he spent several months later on in Afghanistan purportedly bringing his outstanding operational experience to the "undertrained" British and U.S. special forces. One wonders what these hard cases thought of the lessons learned from a London "desk wallah," as the British Army would call him.

It seems inescapable that Christopher Steele had what New York City cops call a "rabbi" who helped his career. The real question is for which country was Steele playing all these years?

Not much is ever reported about Chris Steele. I thought these were some interesting details.
RoscoePColtrane
Eagle2020
AG
It's easy to see why the Dems want Trump impeached so bad. It's not that they don't like his policies. It's because this corruption by the Dems is big and they know Trump will use it to the fullest extent possible. Some of the other sissy Repubs might say it is in the country's best interest to not make a big deal out of it. I can see Little Marco or Low Energy Jeb or Weak Kasich down playing it or making a back door deal for their benefit. Trump won't do this. He knows how to get someone down and then step on their neck and cut their throat. I can see Trump using this bigly in 2018 and 2020. It seems like the establishment Repubs are starting to see the potential here. I wish I could see the closed door anxiety and desperation the Dems are having right now. I can't wait to see Trump step on their neck and pull out his knife.
Rockdoc
AG
It's kinda humorous that our reslibs have virtually run away from this thread.
Prosperdick
AG
They will say it's either fabricated or a necessary evil in order to #resist mean ol' Trump. Seriously, those are the two rationalizations over and over again.
57 STATES!
Not really too much new stuff. Mueller continues to investigate and has reportedly moved onto the RNC's data operation involving Kushner. Trump has started to aggressively distance himself from Flynn as it appears Flynn is taking a deal.

Republicans and conservative media seem to be coordinating attacks on Mueller in an attempt to discredit him.

These investigation take a long time, so we'll see what happens.
RoscoePColtrane
The time is ticking on this IG report to be released in a month. Horowitz investigation is the key to where everything goes from there. He cannot do anything to anyone outside of administrative punishment, but his report will empower those who can pursue legal ramifications something firm to stand on or not.
benchmark
AG
that_one_guy said:

Not really too much new stuff..... Republicans and conservative media seem to be coordinating attacks on Mueller in an attempt to discredit him. ....
I hope January is another "no new stuff" month. Here's a partial list of 'no new stuff' revelations from December alone:
  • FBI releases documents on Clinton-Lynch tarmac meeting.
  • Clinton campaign $84 million money laundering scheme.
  • Top Mueller investigator Strzok texting transcript released.
  • Top Mueller investigator Weismann under intense scrutiny.
  • FBI Preistap under intense scrutiny.
  • FBI general counsel Baker 'reassigned'.
  • Fusion GPS admits DOJ Bruce Ohr's wife Nellie Ohr employment during election.
  • DOJ Bruce Ohr demoted.
  • FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe racing the clock to retire.
  • Sessions reconsidering opening Uranium One investigation

What else did I forget from December?

57 STATES!
The Clinton stuff is bad but not really related to this investigation. The other stuff really isn't much.
FBI getting rid of impartial agents which further maintains Mueller's credibility. Sessions
Sessions considers investigating Iranium One. Okay... do it then.
The conservative media scrutinizing attacks on the god emperor? How surprising.
ProgN
RoscoePColtrane
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/945744673867517954.html
AgFan2015
Podcast with creators of 4Chan and 8Chan - Q / "Calm Before the Storm" threads.

They start at the 37 min mark. Interesting behind the scenes talk about how this got rolling, how Q verifies himself, etc.

RoscoePColtrane
Weiner laptop document dump tomorrow
RoscoePColtrane
House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes has issued a subpoena to David Kramer, a former State Department official who, in late November 2016, traveled to London to receive a briefing and a copy of the Trump dossier from its author, former British spy Christopher Steele. Kramer then returned to the U.S. to give the document to Sen. John McCain.
Kramer is a senior fellow at the McCain Institute for International Leadership at Arizona State University.

McCain later took a copy of the dossier to the FBI's then-director, James Comey. But the FBI already had the document; Steele himself gave the dossier to the bureau in installments, reportedly beginning in early July 2016.
3 Toed Pete
AG
that_one_guy said:

The Clinton stuff is bad but not really related to this investigation. The other stuff really isn't much.
FBI getting rid of impartial agents which further maintains Mueller's credibility. Sessions
Sessions considers investigating Iranium One. Okay... do it then.
The conservative media scrutinizing attacks on the god emperor? How surprising.
So you would have no problem with the DOJ using a politically motivated and paid for document - that was pretty outlandish, at that - to obtain a FISA warrant? That wouldn't be a big deal? Because it seems to me there is far more evidence that happened than any Trump collusion.
benchmark
AG
that_one_guy said:

FBI getting rid of impartial agents which further maintains Mueller's credibility.
Impartial agents?

Good grief, man... these guys were the top leadership echelon of our country's FBI and DOJ. Deputy Directors, Associate Attorney Generals, etc, etc. McCabe was the frigging Acting Director of the FBI. Let that sink in ... the TOP leadership of our country's justice and law enforcement departments.
whatthehey78
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Weiner laptop document dump tomorrow
Link? Could be interesting IF true.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
scoop12
AG
benchmark
AG
scoop12 said:

@StateDept will publish releasable portions of 2800 government docs that @FBI found on Anthony Weiner laptop tomorrow (Dec. 29th).
Heavily redacted nothingbuger?
scoop12
AG
Probably so
drcrinum

Peter P Strzok = Peter J Blitchington??? (Comments to this tweet are interesting)
Is Strzok a spook (CIA)?
Who is Peter P Strzok?
GCP12
AG
Who's this roscoe guy? Did I miss a perma?
reb,
AG
Not a question relevant to the thread....but...

Whats an FBI agent doing in Rome? Did the existential CIA/FBI turf battle suddenly disappear?
drcrinum
reb, said:

Not a question relevant to the thread....but...

Whats an FBI agent doing in Rome? Did the existential CIA/FBI turf battle suddenly disappear?
The FBI had opened a formal investigation into Trump-Russia collusion the end of July, 2016, and one of their principal sources was Steele and his initial installments of the dossier, so a meeting with Steele was a 'reasonable' thing to do. I assume Rome was chosen to take the location off the radar.
drcrinum

Looks like the House Intel Comm has finally figured out that the Trump Jr -- Manafort -- Kushner Tower meeting with the Russian attorney was a setup.
backintexas2013
AG
Releasable portions? So I guess there was classified emails on the computer.

Of course Anthony probably didn't read them. Just ask Comey.
reb,
AG
that makes sense.

funny to think about how many spooks from so many countries hovering around such a meeting.
reb,
AG
drcrinum said:

Looks like the House Intel Comm has finally figured out that the Trump Jr -- Manafort -- Kushner Tower meeting with the Russian attorney was a setup.

So basically, they got the FISA warrant on Trump with two items: A fake, manufactured dossier alleging Russian collusion, and a set-up meeting under false pretenses to place Don Jr. in the room with a Russian agent. Two frauds, but that is for sure enough to get a FISA warrant on the 2nd attempt.

Not lookin good, Obama. Not. Looking. Good.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.