Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,447,050 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GCP12 said:

ETA: Dammit Deats!

Story of my life.
GCP12
AG

Quote:

Just weeks earlier, Strzok texted about discussing an "insurance policy" in McCabe's office to seemingly prevent President Donald Trump from ever getting elected.

Weeks after that August text, it appears McCabe and Strzok put that policy to work.

Here is what happened, per FBI sources and source Intel.

On or about Oct. 12, FBI agents from the New York field office reported to Strzok and McCabe that they found damaging emails classified and possibly top secret warehoused on the laptop of Anthony Weiner. Those emails were to and from Hillary and top aide Huma Abedin, also the wife of Weiner.

The Wall Street Journal's reporting on the laptop case confirms the early October timeline divulged to True Pundit by FBI sources.
Quote:

The latest development began in early October when New York-based FBI officials notified Andrew McCabe, the bureau's second-in-command, that while investigating Mr. Weiner for possibly sending sexually charged messages to a teenage minor, they had recovered a laptop. Many of the 650,000 emails on the computer, they said, were from the accounts of Ms. Abedin, according to people familiar with the matter.
FBI agents in New York expected Strzok through McCabe and then-FBI Director James Comey would seek a warrant so that the evidence found by FBI agents in Manhattan could be reviewed to potentially re-opend the Clinton email probe.

But FBI agents in New York heard nothing for 15 days about any warrant which would have to be filed through the U.S. District Court in the southern district on New York because the FBI's Manhattan office had physical control of the Weiner laptop in evidence, which was used in Weiner's teen sexting case. The FBI had the laptop but Washington D.C. brass at FBI HQ had to file for a warrant to be able to legally use the emails of Hillary and Huma as evidence.

But again, nothing happened for 15 days after McCabe and Strzok were briefed by FBI agents in New York.
Well, almost nothing.

Hours after the FBI found classified Hillary Clinton emails on Weiner's laptop, the wife of the FBI agent running the high-profile probe was promoted to a powerful position in the Securities and Exchange Commission, FBI sources said.

Strzok's wife Melissa Hodgman was promoted to deputy director of SEC's Enforcement Division literally hours after Strzok and McCabe were briefed about the Clinton emails found on Weiner's computer.

Again, McCabe and Strzok were briefed about the emails on Oct. 12th. Hodgman was promoted at the SEC on Oct. 14th.

Then 13 days later, at a Comey-led staff meeting on Oct. 27, the issue was raised by FBI brass in New York asking why Comey or McCabe had not directed agents to file for a warrant to review 'new' Hillary email evidence, sources said.
Quote:

"To his credit, he (Comey) was pissed off and put things in motion" for the warrant, one FBI source said.

Another FBI source said Comey actually "panicked" after hearing about the new evidence.

"I thought McCabe was going to get fired after that move," one FBI veteran said. "Mueller (as FBI director) would have has his ass. He would have been gone."

What Comey did next adds context to the sentiment of these FBI sources.

The next day, Oct. 28, Comey worked the phone, according to sources and fired off a letter to lawmakers saying additional evidence had been found in the Hillary Clinton email investigation and the probe could be re-opened.

Comey did not tell lawmakers FBI officials concealed the email evidence for weeks.
Quote:

The large question here is: Did Comey panic and re-open the Hillary investigation because he was interested in justice, or simply because he wanted to cover himself if and when it was ever leaked that McCabe and Strzok withheld evidence in the high-profile case?

To protect himself for a time like now, when True Pundit broke the story.
Tailgate88
AG
Well hopefully McCabe gets asked about that in his closed door testimony today. Good timing on the release!
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

So it seems McCabe & Strzok were just going to sit on the discovery of Hillary's e-mail cache on Weiner's laptop until it was brought to Comey's attention 15 days later by the NY FBI. IMO the NY FBI threatened to go public with the discovery of Hillary's e-mails (+ other goodies on the laptop) unless Comey took action. Regardless, it definitely looks like McCabe & Strzok intended to cover it up until after the election...and that ties in with a payoff to Strzok's wife in the form of the promotion.
akm91
AG
So this begs the question how Strzok ended up on Mueller's team?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
JR69
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

But...but...Muller is a very biased Lib who hates Trump and is out to get him.
High schoolers know stuff
GCP12
AG
akm91 said:

I am really starting to buy into the giant sting operation theory... Even if Mueller wanted to take down Trump, he had to know the team he assembled would look extremely partisan.
akm91
AG
GCP12 said:

akm91 said:

I am really starting to buy into the giant sting operation theory... Even if Mueller wanted to take down Trump, he had to know the team he assembled would look extremely partisan.
Hollywood couldn't even dream up this stuff!

If Mueller is as thorough and detail oriented as everyone says he is, then the giant sting operation is a bit more plausible given. Even then I'm still doubtful that's what it is but at least there is more credence.
whatthehey78
AG
GCP12 said:

akm91 said:

I've been there (sting opr.) for some time and in my simple mind, it explains why Sessions (and Dir. Wray) has been so passive with respect to Mueller's team and recent revelations. I want to believe something extraordinary (from a historical aspect) is coming. For some reason, I suspect Comey, Mueller, etc. have concluded the IC as well as other govt. agencies have been used/abused by politicians for too long and intend to put an end to it. I hope they burst the dam and drain the swamp regardless of party caught in the flood.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

akm91 said:

Nah, Comey's antipathy towards Trump is real, not an act. As Mueller's bestie he would have told Mueller there was nothing to the Russia collusion after the FBI had thrown everything but the kitchen sink at their investigation for the previous year.

Had Mueller staffed his team with honest non-agenda driven attorneys, they would have immediately pointed that out. He needed politically biased partisans to continue to dig for anything they could get against a hated Republican, any Republican. Part of #The Resistance.
GCP12
AG
I don't think you're understanding the theory.

The theory is that Mueller picked all these people for the investigation to keep them busy and entrap them while the OIG did his investigation into all the people involved in the Hillary investigation.

You might be right, but that is exactly what Mueller would want it to look like.
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

The theory is that Mueller picked all these people for the investigation to keep them busy and entrap them while the OIG did his investigation into all the people involved in the Hillary investigation.

You might be right, but that is exactly what Mueller would want it to look like.
Oh I understand the theory. Just don't find it persuasive enough to be plausible.
drcrinum
GCP12
AG
aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

Oh I understand the theory. Just don't find it persuasive enough to be plausible.
Ah, ok. That is plenty fair.
Just an Ag
AG
I have a hard time buying into the giant sting operation, but I DO believe it's possible the OIG is a deliberate counter-investigation to the Mueller probe. Dueling investigations, so to speak.

The implication that Comey came forward in an attempt to do the right thing also comports to my default, naive and gullible belief, that most people of high positions are professionals and have integrity that want what is right for the country. (That belief has been shaken tremendously as I have aged, and with time I have tempered it with a healthy dose of cynicism.) I can be convinced that Comey was outraged at the acts of Strzok and McCabe and, in an effort to do the right thing, reopened the Clinton email investigation, and at the same time tried to cover the tracks of those under his supervision in a way to prevent public disgrace of the FBI. There are still loose ends to that thought, but the pieces could later fall in to place.

But, I am thinking that Strzok & McCabe and a few of their close confidants could've acted rogue and these are shameful creatures worthy of prosecution (if the suspicions are true). Unbeknownst to Comey, they were involved in the bogus dossier and they used it to get FISA warrants; they suppressed information related to the Clinton email investigation; they used their positions to continue their malicious intent on Trump by gaining access to Trump/Russia via assignment to Mueller's investigation.

Common sense tells me this is a small cabal of rogue actors being party to a far reaching plot (plot may be too strong of term, let just say a 'sequence of events'), fueled by nothing but partisan bias and hatred, against Trump. Yes, you can probably trace some actions back to the Clinton/DNC in an effort to get oppo data, and some back to the Obama White House on the FISA and unmasking. Those are rabbit trails to be explored later, after we get to the bottom of this mess.
akm91
AG
Just an Ag said:

I have a hard time buying into the giant sting operation, but I DO believe it's possible the OIG is a deliberate counter-investigation to the Mueller probe. Dueling investigations, so to speak.
The OIG investigation began in January, well before SC was on the radar.
Just an Ag
AG
akm91 said:

Just an Ag said:

The OIG investigation began in January, well before SC was on the radar.
True. However, the Trump Team suspected these actions had taken place, suspected their origin, and needed this investigation to flush out the details. The creation of the Mueller investigation is something they simply had to react to once it commenced.

So, I'll restate, "deliberate counter-investigation to the Mueller probe. suspected rogue actors."

The OIG investigation just so happens to have created the ability for the Trump Team to combat the Mueller investigation. I am not saying this is the sole reason for OIG investigation, but it is became an important sub-text to the overall importance to the drama before played out before us.
fasthorse05
Just an Ag said:

The implication that Comey came forward in an attempt to do the right thing also comports to my default, naive and gullible belief, that most people of high positions are professionals and have integrity that want what is right for the country. (That belief has been shaken tremendously as I have aged, and with time I have tempered it with a healthy dose of cynicism.) I can be convinced that Comey was outraged at the acts of Strzok and McCabe and, in an effort to do the right thing, reopened the Clinton email investigation, and at the same time tried to cover the tracks of those under his supervision in a way to prevent public disgrace of the FBI. There are still loose ends to that thought, but the pieces could later fall in to place.

But, I am thinking that Strzok & McCabe and a few of their close confidants could've acted rogue and these are shameful creatures worthy of prosecution (if the suspicions are true). Unbeknownst to Comey, they were involved in the bogus dossier and they used it to get FISA warrants; they suppressed information related to the Clinton email investigation; they used their positions to continue their malicious intent on Trump by gaining access to Trump/Russia via assignment to Mueller's investigation.

Common sense tells me this is a small cabal of rogue actors being party to a far reaching plot (plot may be too strong of term, let just say a 'sequence of events'), fueled by nothing but partisan bias and hatred, against Trump. Yes, you can probably trace some actions back to the Clinton/DNC in an effort to get oppo data, and some back to the Obama White House on the FISA and unmasking. Those are rabbit trails to be explored later, after we get to the bottom of this mess.F
First of all, let's hear it for "as I have aged"!

This is very similar to what I believe. I've always been of the opinion, taught by my Dad '54, that the culture of this country, it's citizens, plus the freedom and liberty we have, would always counteract bad actors like Priestap, Strzok, McCabe, and likely Rosenstein, It's been terribly disheartening to watch the left move further left, and not say a damned thing as red flag, after red flag, kept coming up! Even McGovern would have been depressed by the current Dem affairs.

However, the longer these various behaviors are allowed to persist, the more they'll happen. The fact that so much blind hatred for those with different views has blinded otherwise common sense individuals, is one of the most depressing issues we have. We don't have ALL of the proof, but we have a hell of a lot, and a hell of a lot more questions to answer.

Let's hope it gets cleared up------some frickin' day. OTOH, maybe Fisher will deliver before the left goes Hugo Chavez on us.
Ellis Wyatt
drcrinum said:

GCP12 said:

Regardless, it definitely looks like McCabe & Strzok intended to cover it up until after the election...and that ties in with a payoff to Strzok's wife in the form of the promotion.

And a large payoff to McCabe's wife in the form of campaign contributions. People need to be tried for treason.
akm91
AG
Well the timing does seem to be suspicious....

Quote:

News that Clinton was using a private email account in violation of federal record-keeping requirements, broke March 2, 2015.

McCabe announced her candidacy 10 days later on March 12, 2015.
Timing of McCabe's wife's run for office and Hillary email investigation
GCP12
AG
akm91
AG
When is McCabe testifying today?
GCP12
AG
It started at 1:00
GCP12
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
GCP12 said:

You forgot the all important...

TICK TOCK

DRIP DRIP DRIP
GCP12
AG
aggielostinETX
AG
Guess he didn't take the 5th.
Rockdoc
AG
Don't expect much. That dude is too slippery to cut his own throat.
aggiehawg
AG
Deats said:

Most likely, no he didn't. But it isn't unheard of to keep questing people after they have taken the 5th to exasperate them into saying something else. It's a dirty, yet effective tactic. (Not that I ever did that, practicing civil trial law. There were a few occasions when the person being deposed should have taken the 5th, however.)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

Deats said:

Most likely, no he didn't. But it isn't unheard of to keep questing people after they have taken the 5th to exasperate them into saying something else. It's a dirty, yet effective tactic. (Not that I ever did that, practicing civil trial law. There were a few occasions when the person being deposed should have taken the 5th, however.)
its also useful in a summary judgment context. You have to ask all of your questions so they can take the 5th and then you can use the inference against them later.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

its also useful in a summary judgment context. You have to ask all of your questions so they can take the 5th and then you can use the inference against them later.
LOL. Never had that situation present itself but can see the advantages in a sum judgment argument.

Closest I ever came was a case that involved classified information. Poor government contractor had to decline to answer for hours. I eventually was able to get the DOD to declassify the info and called him back to answer the questions. (Early 80s, they were conducting EMP tests on "borrowed" new cars, without telling the dealers what they were doing and then returning them to be sold.)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I wish I could fill in details but the case is incredibly well known. The situation makes sense but confidentiality orders mean I keep my mouth shut. If we ever meet in person I'll fill you in.
Proc92
In my younger days had a summary judgment hearing that required a separation agreement and release to be proved up. The other side denied it was their guy's signature on the release. Continued hearing to get the secretary (who notarized it) of my guy. She evaded contact and then had a lawyer call us to say she would not testify and would plead the fifth at any deposition or hearing. We fired the client. Fun hearing. Don't miss litigation or clients.
aggiehawg
AG
Proc92 said:

In my younger days had a summary judgment hearing that required a separation agreement and release to be proved up. The other side denied it was their guy's signature on the release. Continued hearing to get the secretary (who notarized it) of my guy. She evaded contact and then had a lawyer call us to say she would not testify and would plead the fifth at any deposition or hearing. We fired the client. Fun hearing. Don't miss litigation or clients.
Aahh, yes. When your client turns out to be Satan Incarnate and has repeatedly lied to you and you go into court without a clue. Fun times.
CrazyDayDuck
akm91 said:

If Mueller is as thorough and detail oriented as everyone says he is, then the giant sting operation is a bit more plausible given.

That's the problem. We were told (by people in the D.C. Establishment) that Mueller was the epitome of a professional and that he was the right man to clear up this Russia collision nonsense.

However, since then we have found out that:
1) Mueller was close friends with Comey
2) Mueller stacked his team with Pro-Hillary political hacks
3) Mueller instructed the FBI to have a no- knock early morning raid on Paul Manafort's house for money laundering that happened while Obama was President
4) Mueller improperly went to the GSA to get emails from President Trump's transition team, when he could have easily got a warrant.

I.E., whether Mueller is consumed with loyalty to Comey or hatred for President Trump, he has shown to be a reckless unprofessional political hack for The Swamp with regards to this investigation.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.