Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,434,146 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by nortex97
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WOW!
Attention! Gina Haspel! Pick up a white courtesy phone please!
will25u
drcrinum said:

drcrinum said:

More phones?

Just for review, Mifsud may be a primary UK intel agent rather than an Italian one:

https://disobedientmedia.com/2018/04/all-russiagate-roads-lead-to-london-as-evidence-emerges-of-joseph-mifsuds-links-to-uk-intelligence/

(Note: The above article contains a photo of Mifsud standing next to an important British intel figure that Devin Nunes recently was inquiring about on Twitter.)

Edit: I have assumed the phones requested by Powell were US government issued phones to Mifsud. It may well be that they were UK government issued phones since they have SIM cards. I sent an inquiry to Occhionero to clarify this point.

Yeah I just thought about this. To use the phones over there, most likely they would have to have UK sims. But the phones could still be US Gov.
fullback44
AG
Everyone knows what went on here, are they going to drag this out slowly so that we the people can see over time what actually happened and who all the players were? or is it just that this entire investigation is still ongoing to make sure they get it right? Its probably a little early to unravel some of this, might as well wait closer to next years election so our media doesn't "forget" about it
oysterbayAG
AG
The MSM has a very selective memory !
drcrinum

whatthehey78
AG
fullback44 said:

Everyone knows what went on here, are they going to drag this out slowly so that we the people can see over time what actually happened and who all the players were? or is it just that this entire investigation is still ongoing to make sure they get it right? Its probably a little early to unravel some of this, might as well wait closer to next years election so our media doesn't "forget" about it
I may be too impatient for yall, but my logic says ignore "timing" issues and or relevance. It's taking the "white hats" longer than Mueller's henchmen took. Me thinks...indict and convict the guilty ASAP. The guilty will still be guilty come November and hopefully behind bars for all to see.

"Hang em high and hang em now!"

Problem with the above is...I'm coming to the conclusion "black hats" are pervasive. Behind every door and in every closet no matter which side of the aisle they claim to reside. Any "one" conviction will become a DC virus and there ain't no vaccine or condom to save the rest. US Govt., DOJ, IC, etc....sad state of affairs.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rockdoc
AG
Indicting is one thing. Convicting is another in that swamp. I have my doubts.
FTAG 2000
AG
They're basically investigating and building a RICO case. You don't take down people here and there in a RICO case, you document everyone and everything and roll them up in one shot.

This is the biggest political scandal and the biggest investigation with the highest stakes in US history. With the other side basically sworn combatants with no shortage of lawyers ready to fight.

They've got to dot every i, cross every t, and have an airtight case for this.
aggiehawg
AG
AG 2000' said:

They're basically investigating and building a RICO case. You don't take down people here and there in a RICO case, you document everyone and everything and roll them up in one shot.

This is the biggest political scandal and the biggest investigation with the highest stakes in US history. With the other side basically sworn combatants with no shortage of lawyers ready to fight.

WHOA! I'm probably the biggest pit bull regarding the use of RICO but hadn't considered that as an avenue that Durham was heading down.
drcrinum
It's curious as to why Mifsud had 2 blackberries. One is a newer model than the other, 2011 vs 2014 release dates, but one would think that if a newer model was given out, then the older model would be returned to the originator for safekeeping/disposal. We don't know the call numbers on each phone though; perhaps one was a number for Link Campus in Rome & the other for the London Academy of Diplomacy.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

It's curious as to why Mifsud had 2 blackberries. One is a newer model than the other, 2011 vs 2014 release dates, but one would think that if a newer model was given out, then the older model would be returned to the originator for safekeeping/disposal. We don't know the call numbers on each phone though; perhaps one was a number for Link Campus in Rome & the other for the London Academy of Diplomacy.
Depends on which contacts had which numbers,too, I'd suppose.
stetson
AG
aggiehawg said:

AG 2000' said:

WHOA! I'm probably the biggest pit bull regarding the use of RICO but hadn't considered that as an avenue that Durham was heading down.
It absolutely is. Substitute Democrat Party for Mafia and that is where we are today.
FJB
drcrinum

https://www.adnkronos.com/fatti/esteri/2019/10/17/russiagate-fonti-intelligence-non-abbiamo-dato-noi-cellulari-mifsud-usa_yVoR8Q6LwIsjztVFDXGkGI.html?refresh_ce

Google translation:
Quote:

The two mobile phones of Joseph Mifsud in the possession of the US Department of Justice were not acquired through the Italian secret services. Qualified sources of our intelligence, questioned by the Adnkronos, decisively deny the Italian involvement in the very last chapter of the Russiagate. Or rather, of the counter-investigation that the attorney general (Justice Minister) William Barr is conducting together with the prosecutor John Durham to overturn the narrative about the scandal that is haunting the Trump Presidency since his inauguration. A counter-inquiry that brought Barr and Durham twice to Rome, in August and September, where they met with the heads of our services to ask for news on Mifsud, who disappeared for months in nothing.....

Hmmm....so that leaves only two possibilities: the FBI or the UK. (Both?)
Rapier108
Quote:

Hmmm....so that leaves only two possibilities: the FBI or the UK. (Both?)
I always figured he was working for the FBI and/or CIA, but it would not be a surprise if he was also working with MI6 at the same time.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
fullback44
AG
So what are the ramifications of getting convicted in a RICO case?

Is this some slap on the wrist? Or is it serious crimes w harsh punishment?

I would think that if they all get convicted they will all serve less than 2-6 months in jail! ... white collar crimes where they spend time at the Hilton on the weekends ?

Seems like treasonous acts are more serious penalty's ?
pagerman @ work
AG
fullback44 said:

So what are the ramifications of getting convicted in a RICO case?

Is this some slap on the wrist? Or is it serious crimes w harsh punishment?

I would think that if they all get convicted they will all serve less than 2-6 months in jail! ... white collar crimes where they spend time at the Hilton on the weekends ?

Seems like treasonous acts are more serious penalty's ?
RICO is a nuclear bomb.

It's basically a license for the government to take everything you have.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

RICO is a nuclear bomb.

This. Why I have always advocated going RICO on the Clinton Foundation and Hill and Bill. Bust them back down to where they were when they left the White House.
pagerman @ work
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

RICO is a nuclear bomb.

This. Why I have always advocated going RICO on the Clinton Foundation and Hill and Bill. Bust them back down to where they were when they left the White House.
This is not news, but I like the way you think!
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

RICO is a nuclear bomb.

...but including all of their secret stashes and Swiss bank accounts.
Secolobo
AG
Interesting...

https://artvoice.com/2019/05/16/usa-john-durham-may-i-make-a-suggestion-rico/
Can I go to sleep Looch?
VegasAg86
AG
captkirk said:

drcrinum said:

Sidney Powell responds.

Why did a Russian Agent (Per the Mueller Report) have US government provided phones?
lol, Mueller didn't know who Fusion GPS was. This is hardly surprising.
Post removed:
by user
fullback44
AG
pagerman @ work said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

RICO is a nuclear bomb.

This is not news, but I like the way you think!
Excellent ... thanks for the information

Send them to jail for a while then back to being regular peasants again
drcrinum

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/17/john-durham-ag-barrs-special-russia-investigator-o/

Quote:

...Sidney Powell, attorney for retired Army Lt. General Michael Flynn, filed a court motion on Monday disclosing the phones' existence while tying them to Western intelligence.

She told The Washington Times on Thursday that she has confirmed that it was Mr. Durham's office who obtained them.

William Barr assigned Mr. Durham, the U.S. attorney for Connecticut, the mission of finding out the origins of the FBI's counter-intelligence investigation known as Crossfire Hurricane. She told the Times that a "source," whom she declined to identify, told her about the BlackBerrys.....

Drip, drip.

benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

As to RICO, unlikely it comes into play here because there was not a true criminal enterprise as motive for the acts done. Better addressed under conspiracy statutes, IMO.
My theory has always been 'Conspiracy to Defraud the Gov' ... but if RICO is an easier legal route for Durham, go for it. Either way, everyone gets rolled up.
will25u

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/466362-judge-rules-doj-improperly-redacted-court-filing-related-to-mueller?amp&__twitter_impression=true
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

As to RICO, unlikely it comes into play here because there was not a true criminal enterprise as motive for the acts done. Better addressed under conspiracy statutes, IMO.
My theory has always been 'Conspiracy to Defraud the Gov' ... but if RICO is an easier legal route for Durham, go for it. Either way, everyone gets rolled up.
Well there is a certain schadenfreude quality to using Mueller's extremely amorphous 'conspiracy to defraud the US government' as payback but I dislike ambiguous criminal laws that can be transmogrified into "crimes" by creative writing and speaking indictments.

And RICO has never been an easier route, at all. Because the consequences are so draconian (losing all or most of one's assets) those cases get increased court scrutiny and frequently tossed. Hard cases to make and survive the first RICO hearing on whether RICO even applies.

Nevertheless, when it comes to the Clinton Foundation, the roadmap to making a RICO case has been out there in books detailing the pay-for-play scam. Follow the money and build the case.
drcrinum

http://www.atlanticoquotidiano.it/rubriche/i-blackberry-inglesi-di-mifsud-ottenuti-da-durham-ma-che-fine-hanno-fatto-i-telefoni-con-sim-italiana/

Google translation:
Quote:

.....Why did the US Department of Justice not even get the phones with Italian SIM that, living and working in Rome, Mifsud probably had to have and from which it could reconstruct its "network" of contacts in our country? The lawyer Roh would have had no interest in delivering only the English ones ... Who has those with Italian Sim?

Special prosecutor Mueller did not arrest or indict Mifsud, although he lied to the FBI. Why didn't he even try to get his phones?

The task of the Copasir, now that a few days ago it has chosen its new president, the League's Raffaele Volpi, is to see clearly, not only and not so much about the legitimacy of the meetings between Barr and Durham and the leaders of our secret services, authorized by Conte, or on the correctness of the conduct of the premier, but also on the events that took place in Rome, in March 2016, at the Link Campus, and on the months later during which Mifsud hid, still in Rome, while the special prosecutor Mueller was under investigation.

Better SpyGate coverage continues in Italy vs the US MSM. The right questions are being asked.

Italian authorities continue to deny they know anything, but if that were true, they would also be expressing grave concerns that the US (or the UK) had potentially violated international agreements on foreign intel services, the latter of which they obviously have not.

4stringAg
AG
will25u said:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/466362-judge-rules-doj-improperly-redacted-court-filing-related-to-mueller?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Wonder who the two names are?
aggiehawg
AG
House Intell and Financial Srevices Committees appear to strike out from getting Trump's tax returns from Deutsche Bank.

Quote:

The Democratic-led House Intelligence and Financial Services committees issued subpoenas earlier this year to Deutsche Bank for financial records, including tax returns, of Trump, his three oldest children and his businesses. Trump subsequently filed a lawsuit challenging the subpoenas, and the case is now before the U.S. Appeals Court for the 2nd Circuit.

Deutsche Bank said in a court filing in August that it has tax returns relating to the subpoenas, but the public version of the filing redacted the identities of the taxpayers.

The group of news organizations then filed a motion to unseal the names of the individuals. Deutsche Bank said it opposed the motion and revealed at that time that it had tax returns of two individuals, and none for businesses, named in the subpoenas. Trump's lawyers also opposed releasing the identities of the taxpayers.

In its ruling Thursday, the appeals court said the unredacted version of Deutsche Bank's August letter "reports that the only tax returns it has for individuals or entities named in the subpoenas are not those of the President."

Since Deutsche Bank doesn't have Trump's tax returns, the identity of the individuals whose tax returns the bank has is not relevant for any issue the appeals court needs to decide in Trump's pending appeal of the case, the court said Thursday.

Quote:

Legal experts had said that if Deutsche Bank possessed Trump's tax returns, Democrats would have likely obtained them faster from the bank than they would through the IRS because the lawsuit over the Deutsche Bank subpoenas is further along.
LINK

On the grand jury materials front, Judge Howell has found that two names redacted from the DOJ public Mueller Report were improperly redacted since neither of those persons actually testified before a grand jury.

Quote:

Judge Beryl Howell of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia said in her opinion that the department erroneously redacted a portion of a document after invoking grand jury secrecy protections, even though the two names that were concealed belonged to individuals who did not testify before a grand jury during the Mueller probe.

"DOJ's assertion that identifying individuals who did not testify before the grand jury as part of the Mueller investigation would reveal 'a matter occurring before the grand jury' is without merit and rejected," Howell wrote.
That's a proper ruling, in my view. assuming neither of those witnesses were subpoenaed for documents by a grand jury. Providing documents to a grand jury pursuant to a subpoena still qualifies as "grand jury materials."

Quote:

According to the judge, who was appointed by former President Obama, both of the people whose names were redacted "figured in key events examined in the Mueller Report."
Howell said that it does not appear that the same redaction error was made in the report that former Special Counsel Robert Mueller gave to Congress earlier this year.

The redactions in question came in an affidavit submitted to the court by Associate Deputy Attorney General Bradley Weinsheimer, who reviewed Mueller's report for classified information before it was transmitted to Congress.
LINK

Stay tuned.
will25u
Leaving work. Didn't read so if it is old news, sorry.

akm91
AG
Did it include the 300K emails found on Weiner's laptop?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
McInnis
AG
Weren't we told the IG report on FISA abuse would be released today? Anyone here surprised we haven't heard anything?
Ellis Wyatt
Safe at Home said:

Weren't we told the IG report on FISA abuse would be released today? Anyone here surprised we haven't heard anything?
We were told ~10 days ago that it most likely would not be released today.
McInnis
AG
I missed that. Did they say when? Is it always going to be next month?
First Page Last Page
Page 934 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.