Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,433,497 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by nortex97
fasthorse05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

The dummy email address in question was carterheavyindustries@gmail.com

Supposedly, this was a made up name that was created by Combetta. Does anyone believe that?

Quote:

So, all of these classified documents were going to this gmail account. Was any investigation done on who accessed this account?
When the DOJ OIG asked to interview Combetta about the account, he declined.

The DOJ OIG does not have the authority to compel non-agency individuals to provide testimony.

Sounds like this needs to go before a judge or a grand jury.
My cyniscism can give you a pretty good answer, although I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

Depending on Durham's throughness, we may find out, but you're quite correct. It DOES need to go before a grand jury.

And that article about the FBI's involvement in Clinton's shenanigans is absoutley breathtaking in it's comingling. Yes, we all had very strong suspicions based on 1 1/2 years of research, but it's wonderful to see decent proof.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Depending on Durham's throughness, we may find out, but you're quite correct. It DOES need to go before a grand jury.
I'm concerned the Statute of Limitations may be a bar to that.
fasthorse05
Bah Humbug
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
MouthBQ98
AG
Surely this can still be investigated from an administrative standpoint with regards to absolutely preventing this type of crap from happening again. There also should not even be statute of limitations benefits for utilizing administrative bureaucracy to possibly unlawfully obstruct the implementation of justice.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Surely this can still be investigated from an administrative standpoint with regards to absolutely preventing this type of crap from happening again. There also should not even be statute of limitations benefits for utilizing administrative bureaucracy to possibly unlawfully obstruct the implementation of justice.
An administrative investigation would be the IG. IG can only compel DOJ (or which agency within their purview) employees to cooperate, not private citizens. Also can't convene grand juries. So the IG over the State Department can investigate but they need cooperation. Hillary doesn't even need to cooperate with that.

The DOJ can only conduct criminal or counter-intel investigations.
drcrinum

https://www.usatoday.com/documents/6284231-Order-on-Motion-for-Summary-Judgment/
drcrinum

https://amgreatness.com/2019/08/16/russiagate-probe-empty-threats-broken-promises/

Empty promises...exactly how I feel.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

Dashed expectations for sure.

It's been 3 months since Trump's declassification EO. That said, Trump's declassification was mostly targeted at assisting Barr/Durham ... not necessarily public transparency. Since transparency is not in DOJ's nature ... this is on Trump ... and Graham for sitting on his hands the last 3 mo's not pushing.
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

It's been 3 months since Trump's declassification EO. That said, Trump's declassification was mostly targeted at assisting Barr/Durham ... not necessarily public transparency. Since transparency is not in DOJ's nature ... this is on Trump ... and Graham for sitting on his hands the last 3 mo's not pushing.
Unless...the reason nothing has been made public is because it is being presented to a grand jury.

Hope springs eternal.
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

benchmark said:

Unless...the reason nothing has been made public is because it is being presented to a grand jury.

Hope springs eternal.
...to infinity and beyond, or until those who share guilt in the attempted coup are justly punished.
DeWrecking Crew
aggiehawg said:

benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

Hope springs eternal.

Or, they're taking their time to align with election timeframe
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

aggiehawg said:

benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

Hope springs eternal.

Or, their taking their time to align with election timeframe
I always suspected maximum impact for 2020 was part of the calculus.
drcrinum

SPF250
AG
Well giddy up.
drcrinum

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/huge-mueller-team-lied-attorney-for-joseph-mifsud-confirms-he-is-western-intelligence-operative-and-not-a-russian-operative-video/

Starting at 1:50 in the video:
Quote:

Quote:

Maria Bartiromo: We know that there were informants thrown at certain Trump campaign people, like George Papadopoulos. George Papadopoulos was on this show and he told me directly on this show that Mifsud was the guy they wanted him to meet in Italy That is the individual who told him that Russia has emails on Hillary Clinton. Why is that important, John?
John Solomon: Well, I interviewed Mr. Mifsud's lawyer the other day, Stefan Rowe, and he told me and also provided me some deposition evidence to both Congress and myself that his client was being directed and long worked with Western intelligence. And he was being directed specifically, he was asked to connect George Papadopoulos to Russia, meaning it was an operation, some form of intelligence operation. That was the lawyer's own words for this. If that's the case that means the flash point the started the whole investigation was in fact manufactured from the beginning.

Then near the end of the video, Solomon says that Mifsud gave his lawyer an audio-deposition tape before he went into hiding -- this is the deposition that Durham & Congress have.

This means that Mueller is part of the cover-up too.
fasthorse05
I can't tell y'all how this kind of news brightens my hot, August day.

Here we are, 1 1/2 years after starting this thread, lots, and lots, of good old fashioni research, supposition based on actions, legal interpretations, and clandestine manuevers by the bad guys, and one by one, we get this kind of "update". Point being, it's just staggering.

First of all, it supports my own basic confirmation bias by hanging around with all of you knuckleheads (message board speaking), and it also supports my view of human nature. Secondly, it feels really good to see Mueller (see Weissman) getting ready to be put under the legal crosshairs.

Lastly, was Louis Freeh the last really decent American to run the FBI? I'm asking because of the morally challenged *******s who've run it for the last 20 years. Mueller and Comey apparently ran it over the cliff, since this kind of crap doesn't happen overnight.
This is backed by data.
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/huge-mueller-team-lied-attorney-for-joseph-mifsud-confirms-he-is-western-intelligence-operative-and-not-a-russian-operative-video/

Quote:

Quote:

Maria Bartiromo: We know that there were informants thrown at certain Trump campaign people, like George Papadopoulos. George Papadopoulos was on this show and he told me directly on this show that Mifsud was the guy they wanted him to meet in Italy That is the individual who told him that Russia has emails on Hillary Clinton. Why is that important, John?
John Solomon: Well, I interviewed Mr. Mifsud's lawyer the other day, Stefan Rowe, and he told me and also provided me some deposition evidence to both Congress and myself that his client was being directed and long worked with Western intelligence. And he was being directed specifically, he was asked to connect George Papadopoulos to Russia, meaning it was an operation, some form of intelligence operation. That was the lawyer's own words for this. If that's the case that means the flash point the started the whole investigation was in fact manufactured from the beginning.

Then near the end of the video, Solomon says that Mifsud gave his lawyer an audio-deposition tape before he went into hiding -- this is the deposition that Durham & Congress have.

Well, well, well. Another lie in the Mueller report as we predicted.

Feels like the whole thing will unravel soon
aggiehawg
AG
Obligatory:

Aaanndd Mifsud is still not a Russian agent.

Aaanndd, Mueller is still a POS.
drcrinum
It's certainly understandable why Mifsud went into hiding. Not only would he be a prime candidate for Arkancide coming from the US direction, but he would also be a target for certain Italian intel personnel because they had to be part of the plot.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm so jaded I just don't believe that we'll hear about this from the persons that can make a a difference. I hope I'm wrong.
will25u
captkirk
AG
This dude is a nut

will25u
Was the picture of Maxwell fake/photoshopped?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7367943/amp/The-tantalising-mystery-Ghislaine-Maxwells-burger-bar-makeover.html

And if she was dining alone, as is claimed, why are there two drinking cups on the table and two mobile phones?

The mystery deepened last night when an advertising agency claimed a poster on a bus shelter behind Ms Maxwell had been photoshopped in.

The socialite is seen in front of a poster for Good Boys, a film that opened in the US on Friday.

will25u
NM
richardag
aggiehawg said:

Obligatory:

Aaanndd Mifsud is still not a Russian agent.

Aaanndd, Mueller is still a POS.
I agree completely. However, Mueller, aka POS, and his team will claim they were given this false information by reliable intelligence sources (Brennan , Clapper). Wonder how Mueller & Weismann would appreciate a blunt force early morning raid by 40 armed tactical officers of their homes and offices.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
benchmark
AG

Quote:

JORDAN: [Mifsud] is the guy who starts it all, and when the FBI interviews him, he lies three times and yet you don't charge him with a crime. And I'm curious as to why.

MUELLER: Well, I can't get into it and it's obvious I think that we can't get into charging decisions.

JORDAN: . . . [W]hen the Special Counsel's Office interviewed Mifsud, did he lie to you guys too?

MUELLER: Can't get into that.

JORDAN: Did you interview Mifsud?

JORDAN: Is Mifsud Western intelligence or Russian intelligence?

JORDAN: A lot of things you can't get into. What's interesting, you can charge 13 Russians no one's ever heard of ... you can charge all kinds of people who are around the president with false statements but the guy who launches everything, the guy who puts this whole story in motion, you can't charge him. I think that's amazing.
Jordan nailed it.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Jordan nailed it.
And Mueller lied under oath, repeatedly.

I doubt Barr and Durham indict Mueller but they may indict a few on his team.
captkirk
AG
Interesting twitter thread

ccatag
AG
captkirk said:

drcrinum said:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, well, well. Another lie in the Mueller report as we predicted.

Feels like the whole thing will unravel soon.

Interesting information at the end of this interview.

"Who do you think is the mastermind of this? If you had to guess?"

Answer: "The CIA (Brennan), I think we are seeing some signs of it."
aggiehawg
AG
I started a thread some time ago about "Let's talk about Fusion, GPS." (Or something similar.) My spidey senses were on full alert that something didn't smell quite right.

Well lookie here:

Quote:

The chairwoman of the Federal Election Commission said Friday she supported investigating possible Russian funding for the National Rifle Association based solely on an anonymously-sourced McClatchy article.

McClatchy published the article January 18, 2018. Reporters Greg Gordon and Peter Stone reported the FBI was investigating whether Alexander Torshin, the former deputy governor of Russia's central bank, had funneled millions of dollars to the NRA in order to help the Trump campaign.

Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson made a similar allegation in a December 2016 meeting with Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, according to FBI documents released earlier this month.

In a statement released Friday, FEC Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub, a Democrat, took her Republican colleagues to task for voting to shut down an inquiry into whether Torshin sent millions to the NRA.

"This is an abandonment of the Commission's basic duty to investigate wrongdoing, and is contrary to law," said Weintraub.

On July 9, the FEC's four commissioners voted along party lines, 2-2, to dismiss a complaint against the NRA, Torshin, and his associate Maria Butina.

In her letter, Weintraub said her support for the investigation rested solely on the McClatchy article.

The American Democracy Legal Fund, a liberal watchdog group, filed a complaint with the FEC on Jan. 31, 2018 citing the article.

The NRA responded to the complaint, denying Torshin or Butina funneled money to the group. Torshin and Butina did establish contacts with NRA officials, and Torshin paid $1,000 in 2012 for the title of NRA lifetime member. Butina purchased a $520 necklace at an NRA event, the group's attorneys said.

NRA officials also acknowledged Butina pleaded guilty to acting as an unregistered foreign agent. The 30-year-old Russian national admitted to trying to make inroads to conservative groups, and to reporting back to Torshin. But the NRA denied the two Russians, or any others, gave it large sums of money, or that they had any influence on the NRA's political activities.
That SOB was peddling false info all over DC and the idiot press just accepted anything the guy claimed like it was gospel. With nothing else backing it up.
Quote:

Weintraub did not acknowledge that the same McClatchy reporters have published other stories pushing forward the now-debunked theory that the Trump campaign conspired with Russia. She also did not acknowledge that Fusion GPS peddled the Torshin-NRA conspiracy theory during the 2016 presidential campaign.

On April 14, 2018 and Dec. 27, 2018, Gordon and Stone reported the special counsel's office had evidence Michael Cohen's cell phone pinged off a tower near Prague during the 2016 campaign. The reports, if accurate, would bolster the Steele dossier's most direct allegation of collusion. Christopher Steele, the former British spy who wrote the dossier, claimed Cohen visited Prague to meet with Russian operatives to discuss paying off hackers.

Quote:

Glenn Simpson, who hired Steele and investigated the Trump campaign on behalf of the DNC and Clinton campaign, is the first person known to have floated the claim that Torshin funneled millions to the NRA.

On Dec. 10, 2016, Simpson told Bruce Ohr, a Justice Department official whose wife worked as a contractor for Fusion GPS, that Torshin "may have funneled Russian money to the National Rifle Association (NRA) to use in support of Trump."

"An NRA lawyer, [redacted] found out about the money pipeline and was very upset, but the election was over by the time she learned of it. Simpson stated there are pictures or [sic] Torshin and Trump," read FBI notes from an interview with Ohr.
Quote:

On March 15, 2018, Gordon and Stone reported conservative lawyer Cleta Mitchell had learned after the election that Torshin funneled money to the NRA. The story originally said that Mitchell was an NRA lawyer.

But Mitchell shot back, adamantly denying that she ever had any concerns about Russian help for the NRA. She also noted she was not a lawyer for the NRA, and had not been affiliated with the group since 2012. She has told The Daily Caller News Foundation she believed Fusion GPS was involved in planting the story about her with McClatchy.
Glenn Simpson is an enemy of the people and should be treated as such. Guy really needs to be red flagged as a dangerous human being and all of his computers and phones capable of texting should be as well.

Quote:

McClatchy and Fusion GPS have not commented on whether they worked together on any of the stories. Weintraub also did not respond to a request for comment.
Multiple POS here.

LINK
fasthorse05
As usual, the first thing I thought of was civil liability, but I'm not sure who the best person (company) to go after. I know Butina has a suit against Halper (yeah), but certainly Fusion GPS appears to be liable in some form.

Of course, I'd love to nail Mcclatchy, if for no other reason than to destroy the reporters professional repuation.
This is backed by data.
benchmark
AG
ccatag said:

Interesting information at the end of this interview.

"Who do you think is the mastermind of this? If you had to guess?"

Answer: "The CIA (Brennan), I think we are seeing some signs of it."
Brennan has been my #1 suspect for a long time. However, building a case on Brennan will require cooperative foreign intelligence services. Can Durham do it?
Secolobo
AG
Watch the comments for confirmation.

Can I go to sleep Looch?
EKUAg
AG

I believe this is already in the thread 18 months ago. It was considered fake. Steele's name is wrong as his first name is Christopher.
benchmark
AG
EKUAg said:

I believe this is already in the thread 18 months ago. It was considered fake. Steele's name is wrong as his first name is Christopher.
Came out June 2017 ... about 3 months after Napolitano's infamous 2 week suspension for claiming the same.
First Page Last Page
Page 892 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.