Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,416,418 Views | 49257 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by VegasAg86
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Senate Republicans giving Mule Head more ammo.

Quote:

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said Thursday that the Senate Intelligence Committee has made "quite a few referrals" to special counsel Robert Mueller of cases where witnesses questioned in the panel's Russia probe were suspected of lying, adding he expects there will be more.

"We've made quite a few referrals," Burr, who chairs the Senate panel, told The Hill on Thursday afternoon. "I won't get into the numbers, but where we have found criminality, we have made those referrals, and I'm sure that they're not the last."

The Senate GOP chairman first revealed in November that the committee had referred cases of suspected lying to Mueller as the panel investigates Russian interference in the 2016 election and whether members of the Trump campaign coordinated with Moscow.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/421318-intel-panel-plans-to-refer-more-cases-of-suspected-lying-to-muelle
Mueller will give them all immunity or bury everything*. Why make the referral solely to Mueller? Do a joint referral to DOJ and cc Mueller. Sessions is gone now. Recusal is no longer salient.

*How many indictments or information induced "guilty" pleas has Mueller produced of people like Glenn Simpson? Christopher Steele? Bruce Ohr? Nellie Ohr?
MouthBQ98
AG
I bet this doesn't make the network news...
MouthBQ98
AG
Does that list include people seated behind the dias?
RoscoePColtrane
If you have not read the Report on McCabe from Office of Professional Responsibility Investigation you should.

https://vault.fbi.gov/deputy-director-mccabe-office-of-professional-responsibility-investigation/Deputy%20Director%20McCabe%20Office%20of%20Professional%20Responsibility%20Investigation%20Part%2001%20of%2002/view
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

From the Clinton Foundation hearing today.
Tom Fitton & Judicial Watch know more about Hillary's email server than Congress. Meadows looks like he's hearing something for the first time.
Seriously .... the only thing that shocks me about the abject corruption of the Clinton Foundation, fraudulent speaking fees, etc, etc... it's now 2019 and not one person has even been indicted.

Vomit-level disgusting.
RoscoePColtrane
benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

From the Clinton Foundation hearing today.
Tom Fitton & Judicial Watch know more about Hillary's email server than Congress. Meadows looks like he's hearing something for the first time.
Seriously .... the only thing that shocks me about the abject corruption of the Clinton Foundation, fraudulent speaking fees, etc, etc... it's now 2019 and not one person has even been indicted.

Vomit-level disgusting.
In the hearing today they submitted that Bill Clinton earned $49 million dollars in speaking fees in the 4 years HRC was SoS. The Clinton Foundation took in $4 Billion in the same timeframe. The testimony is fascinating and the numbers are bigger than I expected.

It was confirmed in the testimony there is an ongoing criminal investigation going on out of the Little Rock field office. The picture we all saw a while back of the FBI and IRS CID loading up files in Little Rock was referenced today in the hearing when they were talking about the ongoing FBI investigation.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Those that don't want to sit through the hearing here's cliff notes from Trancy Diaz

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It was confirmed in the testimony there is an ongoing criminal investigation going on out of the Little Rock field office. The picture we all saw a while back of the FBI and IRS CID loading up files in Little Rock was referenced today in the hearing when they were talking about the ongoing FBI investigation.
Spidey senses tells me there's a problem there.
drcrinum

From Hannity. Solomon claims there is a classified document held at the DIA with exculpatory info regarding Flynn, & they refuse to release it. Apparently Trump is not aware of it.
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

For whom? Clinton Foundation or the investigators???? In what regard?
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Synopsis
drcrinum said:

From Hannity. Solomon claims there is a classified document held at the DIA with exculpatory info regarding Flynn, & they refuse to release it. Apparently Trump is not aware of it.

I hope he does now.
aggiehawg
AG
whatthehey78 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

For whom? Clinton Foundation or the investigators????
Investigators will find nothing because the Clintons still have too much power in that state. And if the investigators have witnesses, they will disappear before testifying.

Hubs had been talking with a few friends in the area. No one will talk because they are scared and being cautious. The threats are are being communicated in indirect ways.
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

whatthehey78 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Investigators will find nothing because the Clintons still have too much power in that state. And if the investigators have witnesses, they will disappear before testifying.

Hubs had been talking with a few friends in the area. No one will talk because they are scared and being cautious. The threats are are being communicated in indirect ways.
Thanks for the reply. I'm amazed they continue to wield that much clout. Personally, I would gladly testify against them if I knew ANYTHING detrimental to them...and if I believed I was subsequently in harms way, I'd lock my front door, sit in my living room with shotgun in my lap and loaded handgun under my butt. But then, I'm just a stupid old man...too old and too stupid to worry but stupid enough to wistfully hope one/both would personally "come a knocking".
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

Notice that Solomon says the document surfaced in May 2017. What else happened in May 2017?

1. Comey fired
2. Mueller appointed

I may be wrong and it's just a coincidence but I believe these events are related.

ETA: This I agree with

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

whatthehey78 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

What I heard today was a lot more compelling to me than what I was expecting. A 6000 page probable cause submission given the detail of the forensics these guys undertook makes me a little more optimistic.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

Notice that Solomon says the document surfaced in May 2017. What else happened in May 2017?

1. Comey fired
2. Mueller appointed

I may be wrong and it's just a coincidence but I believe these events are related.

Here's the threadreader to go with that tweet from The Last Refuge.
Read it and you will quickly understand why the secret Flynn document will never see the light of day.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1073428178771812352.html
MouthBQ98
AG
The Dems claim to be worried about Russian oligarchs and yet they came extremely close to electing a corrupt crime boss as President in 2016...
oysterbayAG
AG
The Joke of all this, is that whatever the Democrats and their ilk are accusing Trump of, they and their ilk have done and in many cases, much worse. When Mule Head issues his report. Trump's attorneys should deny everything, plus show after each allegation, a case where Democrats committed the wrongdoing ! It should be easy to show this because the Swamp is far, wide and deep ! A real TREASURE TROVE !
mrad85
AG
This is a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

If the government just drops the charges against Flynn, does that release them from having to produce the documents?

I could see them pulling some kind of maneuver to protect things.
oysterbayAG
AG
Plus, I would think Flynn could SUE the DOJ and Mueller and his prosecutors on the case personally for civil damages and file a complaint to get them disbarred etc.
FJB
AG
The corruption within our government is disgusting. We are freaking Mexico.
Who is John Galt?

aggiehawg
AG
oysterbayAG said:

Plus, I would think Flynn could SUE the DOJ and Mueller and his prosecutors on the case personally for civil damages and file a complaint to get them disbarred etc.
Also, this is Judge Sullivan, who is no fan of prosecutorial misconduct, put in his own Brady Order almost a year ago. His Brady Orders include the possibility of Team Mueller lawyers being held in criminal contempt for failing to abide by his order.

Not saying he would actually throw them in jail but he could.

To once again do my best impression of a broken record, absent terrorism or espionage, using FISA materials (including unmasking under 702) for criminal prosecutions runs afoul of the 4th Amendment. Mueller took over a counter-intelligence operation and weaponized it using what would be inadmissible evidence had trials been conducted. Even the indictment of the Russian GRU agents (which he announced with fanfare just before Trump was to meet with Putin in Helsinki) will never see the inside of a courtroom and not because the agents aren't in in the US but because trying to prosecute them would reveal sources and methods of our intelligence community.

drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
mrad85 said:

If the government just drops the charges against Flynn, does that release them from having to produce the documents?

Yes and no. Some judges would allow that. Sullivan? Not so much, in my view. Such a maneuver like you suggest would be almost an admission of prosecutorial misconduct that they are trying to hide from the judge. That would piss him off even more.

Frankly, I don't expect Team Mueller to actually produce much of anything, even if it is under seal. It is a little late in the game for Team Mueller to come clean now. They have their phony baloney reputations and law licenses to protect. I would wager that Mueller was not pleased with Comey for saying that yeah, sure I set Flynn up because I could. (paraphrasing)
mrad85
AG
aggiehawg said:

mrad85 said:

Yes and no. Some judges would allow that. Sullivan? Not so much, in my view. Such a maneuver like you suggest would be almost an admission of prosecutorial misconduct that they are trying to hide from the judge. That would piss him off even more.

Frankly, I don't expect Team Mueller to actually produce much of anything, even if it is under seal. It is a little late in the game for Team Mueller to come clean now. They have their phony baloney reputations and law licenses to protect. I would wager that Mueller was not pleased with Comey for saying that yeah, sure I set Flynn up because I could. (paraphrasing)
Thank you, but you have me head scratching even more now.

So basically, the ONLY way the documents see the light of day is if Sullivan forces them produce them, even if the case is dropped, some other maneuver etc. i.e. it's all in Sullivan's hands now IYO

Does Sullivan have that ability/authority?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Does Sullivan have that ability/authority?
You betcha! Team Mueller came into his court. If they were defrauding his court in the process, he can punish them even if they try to withdraw and dismiss the case.
drcrinum

@MattApuzzo = Matt Apuzzo = New York Times
@DevlinBarrett = Delvin Barrett = Washington Post
@AdamEntous = Adam Entous = former Washington Post
@Nakashimae = Ellen Nakashima = Washington Post
@AllMattNYT = Matthew Rosenberg = New York Times

(I don't know the court filing Page is referencing; I suspect it is one of his civil suits.)
aggiehawg
AG
Hhhmm.

So, the meeting with Pecker was in 2015? The month after Trump declared his candidacy? So, if McDougal hadn't approached the Enquirer in June 2016 (once Trump had clinched the nomination, they would have not acted upon this agreement.

Doesn't really change anything but thought it was interesting.
VegasAg86
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hhhmm.

So, the meeting with Pecker was in 2015? The month after Trump declared his candidacy? So, if McDougal hadn't approached the Enquirer in June 2016 (once Trump had clinched the nomination, they would have not acted upon this agreement.

Doesn't really change anything but thought it was interesting.
If they are reimbursed for the payment, is it still a campaign contribution? Sure doesn't seem like it should be.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

1. Comey fired
2. Mueller appointed

Here's the threadreader to go with that tweet from The Last Refuge.
Read it and you will quickly understand why the secret Flynn document will never see the light of day.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1073428178771812352.html

Grassley was chasing this as well. Judge Sullivan will likely have to review these documents in-camera, like the Rosenstein expanded scope document that few have seen without redactions.

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
You mean the Enquirer? Well, Mueller gave them immunity anyway. Many years ago, I saw a situation where an individual made a campaign contribution and then wrote herself a corporate check for reimbursement that was a then corporate campaign finance violation.

Irrespective of the motivation, this a business deal transferring exclusive rights to a story supported by consideration. Hard to call that a "contribution" in my view. The Enquirer wasn't a vendor supplying a service directly to the campaign, which ironically would require strictly the use of campaign funds but Trump was largely funding his own campaign anyway.

It is his self-funding that complicates the attempted application of campaign finance laws to him.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Quote:

...it appears the public release of this information would not pose any ongoing risk to national security...

Doesn't sound like Grassley is referring to the same document, does it?
drcrinum

https://saraacarter.com/fbi-violated-policy-in-flynns-case-judge-demands-all-exculpatory-evidence/

Good read.

BTW, Judge Sullivan's deadline is almost here.
VegasAg86
AG
aggiehawg said:

You mean the Enquirer? Well, Mueller gave them immunity anyway. Many years ago, I saw a situation where an individual made a campaign contribution and then wrote herself a corporate check for reimbursement that was a then corporate campaign finance violation.

Irrespective of the motivation, this a business deal transferring exclusive rights to a story supported by consideration. Hard to call that a "contribution" in my view. The Enquirer wasn't a vendor supplying a service directly to the campaign, which ironically would require strictly the use of campaign funds but Trump was largely funding his own campaign anyway.

It is his self-funding that complicates the attempted application of campaign finance laws to him.
Yes, the Enquirer. The document says in several places they expected to be reimbursed for their purchase of the rights to the stories.

First Page Last Page
Page 680 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.