Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,447,463 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/941585613089857536.html

"...creating a 'fall guy'". Interesting thread -- click on the threadreader.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
GCP12 said:

aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Rockdoc said:

McCabe flipping to who? Mueller? I really can't see that unless there's a LOT more going on that we don't suspect.
Guess he's saving his hide since Strzok and Priestap connects back to him?
McCabe has not flipped. If he had he would have already been reassigned. The chance that he's just sitting in his office day after day with all of his phones and computers turned off to maintain some illusion that he hasn't is too unbelievable.
Interesting you mention that...

h/t captkirk
Can you explain the Ted Cruz comment at the end of the video?
aggiehawg
AG
From that thread:

Quote:

Yates said she and Bill Priestap traveled together, Jan 26th, to the White House to inform Don McGhan (WH Counsel) of Michael Flynn "misleading statements" (based on Pence media reports and Flynn prior ambush interview Jan 24th).
If those dates are correct, the interview on the 24th, then two days later brief the WH that Flynn had misled his questioners, they were trying to trap him. Remember, the contacts with Kislyak which are the basis of this were post election when Flynn was a part of the Trump transition team. Outreach to familiarize the incoming administration with their foreign counterparts is standard practice as it mitigates the disruption caused by the transition of power.

I have often criticized Flynn for not being the brightest bulb in the box but it appears other people at the highest levels of the FBI shared that opinion. Under the "weakest link in the chain" method of investigation he might have been targeted for just that reason. The assumption being that Trump would stand by Flynn, I presume, but Pence intervened and nipped that in the bud.

It should be noted that during this same time period (January 2017) Comey embarked on his own little "insurance policy" by manufacturing memos of his every contact with Trump. Partially to have some CYA material to holdover Trump's head in a move J. Edgar Hoover would approve but more importantly to manufacture obstruction and other potential charges against Trump as part of a multi-pronged offensive from the intelligence community.

One last thought: Anyone else remember stories about how Obama was going to re-emerge in a big way in November?? He didn't. What happened there?? Is the Deep State getting spooked by the focus shifting back to his administration?
GCP12
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

GCP12 said:

aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Rockdoc said:

McCabe flipping to who? Mueller? I really can't see that unless there's a LOT more going on that we don't suspect.
Guess he's saving his hide since Strzok and Priestap connects back to him?
McCabe has not flipped. If he had he would have already been reassigned. The chance that he's just sitting in his office day after day with all of his phones and computers turned off to maintain some illusion that he hasn't is too unbelievable.
Interesting you mention that...

h/t captkirk
Can you explain the Ted Cruz comment at the end of the video?
I'm not positive, but I think there was a text about Cruz being even worse than Trump?? In terms of being president
GCP12
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Okay thanks, I think I remember that too... but only read it once
FriscoKid
AG
GCP12 said:

Please
GCP12
AG
Don't expect a "OMG OBAMA'S GOING TO JAIL!!!!" bombshell. But, it will most likely be another link from Sara Carter/John Solomon.
FriscoKid
AG
GCP12 said:

Don't expect a "OMG OBAMA'S GOING TO JAIL!!!!" bombshell. But, it will most likely be another link from Sara Carter/John Solomon.

Oh I don't. I do hope it's some good dirt though. These people are dirty. And people that defend them are almost as bad.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/14/comey-edits-revealed-remarks-on-clinton-probe-were-watered-down-documents-show.html

Quote:

Newly released documents obtained by Fox News reveal that then-FBI Director James Comey's draft statement on the Hillary Clinton email probe was edited numerous times before his public announcement, in ways that seemed to water down the bureau's findings considerably.

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, sent a letter to the FBI on Thursday that shows the multiple edits to Comey's highly scrutinized statement.

In an early draft, Comey said it was "reasonably likely" that "hostile actors" gained access to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email account. That was changed later to say the scenario was merely "possible."
Quote:

Another edit showed language was changed to describe the actions of Clinton and her colleagues as "extremely careless" as opposed to "grossly negligent." This is a key legal distinction.

Johnson, writing about his concerns in a letter Thursday to FBI Director Christopher Wray, said the original "could be read as a finding of criminality in Secretary Clinton's handling of classified material."
Quote:

He added, "The edited statement deleted the reference to gross negligence a legal threshold for mishandling classified material and instead replaced it with an exculpatory sentence."

The edits also showed that references to specific potential violations of statutes on "gross negligence" regarding classified information and "misdemeanor handling" were removed.
Quote:

The final statement also removed a reference to the "sheer volume" of classified information discussed on email.

"While the precise dates of the edits and identities of the editors are not apparent from the documents, the edits appear to change the tone and substance of Director Comey's statement in at least three respects," Johnson wrote Thursday.

That includes, Johnson said, "repeated edits to reduce Secretary Clinton's culpability in mishandling classified information."

Quote:

"This effort, seen in light of the personal animus toward then-candidate Trump by senior FBI agents leading the Clinton investigation and their apparent desire to create an 'insurance policy' against Mr. Trump's election, raise profound questions about the FBI's role and possible interference in the 2016 presidential election and the role of the same agents in Special Counsel Mueller's investigation by President Trump," Johnson said.
Quote:

According to Johnson, Comey emailed a draft statement to top FBI officials clearing Clinton of criminal wrongdoing in May of 2016 -- two months before the FBI completed two dozen interviews, including with Clinton herself.

Comey delivered his statement on the Clinton case in July 2016, calling her actions "extremely careless" while recommending against criminal charges.

The Senate Homeland Security Committee is doing oversight of the Justice Department's Office of Special Counsel's investigation into whether Comey violated the Hatch Act with his statement. The Hatch Act limits the political activities of federal employees.
GCP12
AG
FriscoKid said:

GCP12 said:

Oh I don't. I do hope it's some good dirt though. These people are dirty. And people that defend them are almost as bad.
It is a slow drip right now. I think most of this is being strategically leaked from the OIG report. Building up to the reveal in January. Each piece is important. The problem with this method is in the end, people just say, "Yeah, we already knew all this" and downplay it.
Just an Ag
AG
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/941585613089857536.html

"...creating a 'fall guy'". Interesting thread -- click on the threadreader.

This is more required reading, and it fits well with the earlier Stealth Jeff thread. I am finally getting an organized picture in my brain of how the pieces fit together.

akm91
AG
FriscoKid said:

GCP12 said:

Please
Really tired of the "tick tock" shtick. Just get on with it why don't ya.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
GCP12
AG
Yeah, I get it. But, it is probably just part of his deal with Carter/Solomon. Carter is running her own site now and Solomon works for the hill. Hannity gives them the publicity they need in return for the scoops. Just part of the game. It does hurt the cause though, because people expect true bombshells. Instead of just pieces of the puzzle.
Tailgate88
AG
It will be interesting to see just how big of a bombshell it is today. Hannity certainly made it out to be a big one yesterday but who knows that could've just been hype. Tick-tock
Prosperdick
AG
I'm starting to feel like Thomas Ford, always expecting perp walks but always getting let down. I hope this isn't another let down but I won't be surprised.
GCP12
AG
Well, if you're expecting perp walks, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. The corruption is being exposed slowly but surely. Wait until the IG report comes out before even considering perp walks. That report could lead the DOJ to pressing charges.
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

Don't forget...Trump is giving a speech at the FBI to new graduates today. It's a good opportunity to rake the coals regarding the misdeeds of the FBI leadership over the past 2 years. I anticipate a fiery dialogue.
akm91
AG
GCP12 said:

Well, if you're expecting perp walks, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. The corruption is being exposed slowly but surely. Wait until the IG report comes out before even considering perp walks. That report could lead the DOJ to pressing charges.
Can be perp walks if and when DOJ press charges. That's not feasible (if it were to happen) until the IG report is published. It's a battle to sway public opinion by laying out all the different ways the SC investigation is corrupted and the corruption (by conflicts of interest by the same players) leads back to the Hillary email server investigation, Trump dossier and the FISA warrant.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
GCP12
AG
Oh, I'm watching.

GCP12
AG
GCP12 said:

Nothing to do with the FBI. Just posting so people don't flood the thread with, "Hannity is a hack!"

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365068-exclusive-prominent-lawyer-sought-donor-cash-for-two-trump-accusers
Quote:

A well-known women's rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trumpduring the final months of the 2016 election, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom's efforts included offering to sell alleged victims' stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser's mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women's accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

Bloom, who has assisted dozens of women in prominent harassment cases and also defended film executive Harvey Weinstein earlier this year, represented four women considering making accusations against Trump last year. Two went public, and two declined.

In a statement to The Hill, Bloom acknowledged she engaged in discussions to secure donations for women who made or considered making accusations against Trump before last year's election.

"Donors reached out to my firm directly to help some of the women I represented," said Bloom, whose clients have also included accusers of Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly.

Bloom said her goal in securing money was not to pressure the women to come forward, but rather to help them relocate or arrange security if they felt unsafe during the waning days of a vitriolic election. She declined to identify any of the donors.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

From that thread:

Quote:

Yates said she and Bill Priestap traveled together, Jan 26th, to the White House to inform Don McGhan (WH Counsel) of Michael Flynn "misleading statements" (based on Pence media reports and Flynn prior ambush interview Jan 24th).
If those dates are correct, the interview on the 24th, then two days later brief the WH that Flynn had misled his questioners, they were trying to trap him. Remember, the contacts with Kislyak which are the basis of this were post election when Flynn was a part of the Trump transition team. Outreach to familiarize the incoming administration with their foreign counterparts is standard practice as it mitigates the disruption caused by the transition of power.

I have often criticized Flynn for not being the brightest bulb in the box but it appears other people at the highest levels of the FBI shared that opinion. Under the "weakest link in the chain" method of investigation he might have been targeted for just that reason. The assumption being that Trump would stand by Flynn, I presume, but Pence intervened and nipped that in the bud.

Please don't underestimate Flynn. He is a master spook...one of the best; anything he says is carefully crafted beforehand. Dim watts don't become 3 stars...unless political appointees, and Flynn definitely didn't fall into that realm...he was a wave maker and earned his stars the traditional way.

Trump & Co. knew they were under surveillance following Trump's meeting with Admiral Rogers on November 17, 2016 -- they moved the Campaign HQ out of Trump Tower the following day. Also, when Flynn made his contacts with Kislyak, it was via an unsecure phone...he knew such calls were being monitored because of Kislyak's position as well as his reputation as a master spy...plus nothing he did was illegal (but see below).

What followed concerning Flynn's calls falls into the category of "spy vs spy".

Here is a good read about timelines as well as reasoning:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/12/02/president-trump-its-a-shame-michael-flynn-lied-there-was-nothing-to-hide/

The FBI/DOJ plot was a two pronged attack, not to trap Flynn, but to take down Trump. Flynn was at the point though. If either 1) Flynn admitted he contacted Kislyak and discussed what to do regarding Obama's sanctions, it would have been leaked to the press, providing a massive influx of fuel to the fire about Trump-Russia collusion which was overheating at the time...Logan Act...it could have constituted a supercharger effect and pushed the issue over the edge with the MSM...and really seriously damaged the incoming Prez (doesn't make any difference about legality, it's political, and the latter is basically what impeachment is all about...politics...we now know the Russian Collusion angle was bogus, but in January 2016 it most certainly was headlines.); or 2) Flynn lied about his discussions with Kislyak...which happened...then the plan was to trick Trump into obstructing the ongoing investigation of Flynn by interfering...first the Yates trips to the White House, followed closely by the infamous Trump-Comey meeting...'obstruction of justice', an impeachable offense...Special Prosecutor. Flynn knew what he was doing when he lied; it was intentional...some say it was setting a trap.

Did Flynn actually lie to Pence...or was it just a cover story? We don't really know, do we? All we know is that Pence made a fool of himself on a TV interview by saying that no one on the Campaign Staff ever spoke with or colluded with the Russians...he likely was unaware of Flynn's calls with Kislyak at the time.

So if Flynn hadn't lied, where would we be today?
whatthehey78
AG
GCP12 said:

GCP12 said:

Nothing to do with the FBI. Just posting so people don't flood the thread with, "Hannity is a hack!"

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365068-exclusive-prominent-lawyer-sought-donor-cash-for-two-trump-accusers
Quote:

A well-known women's rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trumpduring the final months of the 2016 election, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom's efforts included offering to sell alleged victims' stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser's mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women's accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

Bloom, who has assisted dozens of women in prominent harassment cases and also defended film executive Harvey Weinstein earlier this year, represented four women considering making accusations against Trump last year. Two went public, and two declined.

In a statement to The Hill, Bloom acknowledged she engaged in discussions to secure donations for women who made or considered making accusations against Trump before last year's election.

"Donors reached out to my firm directly to help some of the women I represented," said Bloom, whose clients have also included accusers of Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly.

Bloom said her goal in securing money was not to pressure the women to come forward, but rather to help them relocate or arrange security if they felt unsafe during the waning days of a vitriolic election. She declined to identify any of the donors.

Well if that's it...my definition of "BIG" and Hannity's are not compatible.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
GCP12
AG
Quote:

I disagree, but to each his own.
Rockdoc
AG
I'd say that was real big. And prob tip of iceberg
aggiehawg
AG
Agree that manufacturing obstruction of justice charges against Trump was one of the main goals of the plot. And that is evidenced by folding the narrative to include Comey's firing. Even going so far as to plant stories in the press that Trump said he fired Comey "because of the Russia thing," coupling that with nefarious intent instead of the real reason why.

Comey repeatedly lies to Trump that he is not under investigation, even lies by omission to the Gang of Eight for 10 months or so about the existence of the Russia investigation that started in late June, early July 2016. Ham-handedly handles the revelations about the dossier to the point he fears Trump thinks he (Comey) is black-mailing the President. Trump then asks about loyalty, which Comey then spins into another nefarious act.

It's incredible how whacked out Comey is.
whatthehey78
AG
GCP12 said:

Quote:

I disagree, but to each his own.
Not to argue, but I was hoping for another blockbuster pertaining to the SC, FBI, DOJ, fake dossier, FISA warrant, etc., instead of pre-election efforts to collect instances of defamation of character on PDJT. It was a let down IMHO. No offense to your thread intended.

Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
GCP12
AG
Oh, that is understandable. I wrongly assumed Hannity's tick tock would be about this. My bad
fasthorse05
Rockdoc said:

I'd say that was real big. And prob tip of iceberg
I saw a list of the number of boxes of information (electronic and paper) that Hillary, et al, were allowed to remove from their offices at State, and elsewhere, with the blessings of the Obama administration.

I'll be surprised if they can find birth dates for everyone involved. Like nearly all bosses at the top, I'll be shocked if they get her on anything.

Not to mention the fact that there are still signed "get out of jail free cards" out there signed by the FBI.
Rockdoc
AG
Oh I didn't mean they'd get Hillary. They'll never do that.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Not to mention the fact that there are still signed "get out of jail free cards" out there signed by the FBI.
Not so fast, my friend. Immunity deals require future cooperation for them to remain in effect. Nor do they affect post-deal illegal activities.

Also, there remains the question of just who at Justice approved those immunity deals and their involvement with Strzok or the other malefactors being outed recently. It is not too far of a stretch to make an obstruction of justice charge that includes those deals, making the recipients part of a criminal conspiracy.

(Okay, that is a stretch based on what we know now but my spidey senses are twitching.)
fasthorse05
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not so fast, my friend. Immunity deals require future cooperation for them to remain in effect. Nor do they affect post-deal illegal activities.

Also, there remains the question of just who at Justice approved those immunity deals and their involvement with Strzok or the other malefactors being outed recently. It is not too far of a stretch to make an obstruction of justice charge that includes those deals, making the recipients part of a criminal conspiracy.

(Okay, that is a stretch based on what we know now but my spidey senses are twitching.)
I was wondering about the "in perpetuity" issue with immunity deals.

It's kind of nice to know they aren't set in concrete.

I had put in a call to Omirosa to see if we could get you to replace Sessions at DOJ, but she never called back!
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

GCP12 said:

Quote:

It's mentioned in the article, but don't forget: Gloria Allwrong is Lisa Bloom's mother. The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
drcrinum

Perhaps this is the Tick-Tock...
aggiehawg
AG
Names from slush fund that paid settlements on behalf of House members and Senators??
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.