Shooting in Las Vegas

883,905 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
VaultingChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On Aug. 14, 2017, DHS gave a seminar on active shooter preparedness on Paradise Road in Las Vegas:

https://www.govevents.com/details/24243/dhs-active-shooter-preparedness-workshop--las-vegas-nv/

Nevada has an Amber Alert system and UNLV has an active shooter system.

Why didn't police use Amber Alert system to notify everyone of the shooter in MB?
Coppell97
AG
Fox in Las Vegas tries to set up Campos interview, gets blocked by FBI?
TAMUallen
AG
At this point, the truth will emerge. There's too much weird crap going on to keep this from unraveling. Now it looks to be priority #1 to avoid letting additional conflicting, uncontrolled, information from emerging (regardless of whether the fox employee is legit or not)
Bobcat06
AG
ShaggyAggie01 said:

Charpie said:

This thread has gone full infowars
It has been for a while. I'm enjoying the show.
Just a couple bumps from the "reasonable posters" on page 86 mocking "conspiracy theorists" who questioned the FBI claims that Paddock arrived on 9/28
Bobcat06
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

This thread is worse than CNN chasing after Russian collusion...
Another bump from a "reasonable poster"
Brock Landers
AG
Coppell97 said:

Will you guys believe anything put out there by an anonymous person on 4 chan, so long as it makes the the federal government look sinister?
TAMUallen
AG
Brock Landers said:

Coppell97 said:

Will you guys believe anything put out there by an anonymous person on 4 chan, so long as it makes the the federal government look sinister?

Nope. But answer me this, how many interviews has mr. hero Campos given?
Bobcat06
AG
Brock Landers said:

Coppell97 said:

Why should we trust anonymous people on the internet over the FBI?

Because the FBI has be knowingly feeding the public misinformation (note that at the time of this tweet, the official line was that Paddock checked in on 9/28. that didn't change until a reporter pressed the matter at a press conference on Monday)

GCP12
AG
Brock Landers said:

Coppell97 said:

No. But if this were confirmed, you'd just say it because they want to keep people from talking until they finish the investigation, anyway.
Brock Landers
AG
TAMUallen said:

Brock Landers said:

Coppell97 said:

Nope. But answer me this, how many interviews has mr. hero Campos given?

Zero. But that doesn't mean the FBI is calling TV stations and intimidating them into not interviewing him. A line agent would lose their job for speaking to the media without permission, and SACs and ASACs are straight FBI protocol types, and wouldn't risk their career by doing something like that. If they don't want Campos interviewed, the pressure would be put on him, not by trying strong arm the media. It's not even a sensible move - they know the TV station would burn them down in a second on that.
Brock Landers
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Brock Landers said:

Coppell97 said:

Because the FBI has be knowingly feeding the public misinformation (note that at the time of this tweet, the official line was that Paddock checked in on 9/28. that didn't change until a reporter pressed the matter at a press conference on Monday)

For every one random internet post that gets it right, how many are way off the mark? A hundred? A thousand? If you trust a random, anonymous 4 chan poster, be my guest.
Just an Ag
AG
Fwiw, from where I sit, the 4chan post is very suspect.
TAMUallen
AG
You're assuming rational, normal, actions from the FBI. We have clear lies and misinformation from the FBI who castigated the public for theorizing anything and not acting on verified fact like themselves. Ha

Ill admit it seems an unlikely action to attempt to silence a local media outlet. This is a crazy event though, coupled with complete failure thus far by the FBI. As a result, ears are open for even the non conspiracy types
Bobcat06
AG
Brock Landers said:

Bobcat06 said:

Brock Landers said:

Coppell97 said:

For every one random internet post that gets it right, how many are way off the mark? A hundred? A thousand? If you trust a random, anonymous 4 chan poster, be my guest.
This wasn't just a random poster who happened to guess lucky.

This was someone who posted that the LEOs weren't just withholding information, but they are intentionally reporting misinformation.

Then several days later, the LEOs were forced to admit their misinformation was incorrect.

At this point, anyone who takes the LEOs at face value is more gullible than the "conspiracy theorists" who are rightfully skeptical.
Tabasco
AG
VaultingChemist said:

On Aug. 14, 2017, DHS gave a seminar on active shooter preparedness on Paradise Road in Las Vegas:

https://www.govevents.com/details/24243/dhs-active-shooter-preparedness-workshop--las-vegas-nv/

Why didn't police use Amber Alert system to notify everyone of the shooter in MB?
This seems to have gotten glossed over, but pretty dark in retrospect
Cage_Stage
AG
VaultingChemist said:

There are fairly narrow guidelines for issuing an Amber Alert, including that there has to be a confirmed abduction of a child. You can debate whether the guidelines should be changed to allow the system to be used for other types of emergencies, perhaps especially post-9/11, but those who originally championed the system in the 90s wanted its use to be strictly limited so that alerts wouldn't become so commonplace that they're ignored.
VaultingChemist
AG
The Amber Alert originated to save the life of an abducted child. Alerting parents of an active shooter capable of killing their child should be just as important.
drcrinum
I have seen several blog comments this evening that Sean Hannity will have an exclusive interview with Jesus Campos on his Fox TV show tomorrow night. Don't know if it is taped or live. I just might have to watch it.
GCP12
AG
Trump did him a favor and made the fbi allow it
Johnny2Fan
sharpdressedman
Johnny2Fan said:

That is a frightened look on the LVPD cop's face and a menacing glare on the FBI handler's face. Just sayin'.
backintexas2013
AG
Is Campos going on Hannity?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
TAMUallen said:

Gota De Limon said:

Brock Landers said:

Aggiebrewer said:

It's amazing how in the end, all the "facts" will make the whole thing fit whatever the FBI tells us happened once they get their story straight.

Wait, so if the facts fit the story, that's some sort of evidence of a coverup? Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Welcome to the mind of the conspiracy theorist. Nothing is believable and if you're able to explain it to them, you're either in on it or just another one of the "sheeple".

That's rude and inaccurate. People are being labelled as conspiracy theory nuts for being critical of false statements and proposing theoretical explanations
Inaccurate? The poster flat our stated that when the final report is made, it's going to be bunk. I'm not making that up, look at the first level of quotes. This person has already made their mind up that whatever is found over the course of the investigation and provided to the American public is going to be a lie. That is the very definition of a conspiracy theorist. So if that makes what I wrote "rude", so be it. Because that's utterly asinine.

It's one thing to speculate, we are ALL doing that at this point, some just a little more on the reservation than others. It's quite another to make declarative statements that everything we're being told is tied into some grand cover up.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Dengus said:

Except they are changing "facts" as time goes on lol. Don't act like it's impossible for something weird to be going on. How in the world do you first come out and say that Campos interrupted the shooting spree, then a week later change it to he was shot 6 minutes before the shooting even started?? That is so unbelievably hard to screw up. I'm not saying there's some huge cover up, but someone screwed up.
This investigation is a week and a half old. Nothing is final. Things are going to change as more information becomes clear to the investigators. That's how it works. Perhaps they knew the correct timeline but chose to report it differently at first as a tool to aid the investigation? To flush someone/something out? The point is, we don't know yet because this is all ongoing and while I want to know why/how this happened as much as the next guy, I realize that I'm not owed anything until the investigation is complete and I'm not going to throw a tantrum demanding answers and call people liars because I'm not getting the answers I want on the timeline that I expect them.

Oh, and yes, people screw up. It happens. In this case, they corrected their screw up by clarifying a timeline and rather than looking at it logically, the Alex Jones brigade on here turned it into chum in the water.

Let's let this play out see what they find. This is an unprecedented event in our country's history regarding both the act and the actor. It's not an episode of CSI. This is going to take time to unravel. And there's absolutely nothing about that that's conspiratorial.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
VaultingChemist said:

The Amber Alert originated to save the life of an abducted child. Alerting parents of an active shooter capable of killing their child should be just as important.

Part of the purpose is also to alert people to things they might otherwise be completely unaware of - child abductions are not widely reported and not immediately reported when time is often critical. Same with the elderly.

I don't think you could turn on any tv or radio station and not be aware of this situation. And breaking news alerts on phones and social media posts were nearly immediate as well. I saw them within minutes. If you didn't know about it....you were asleep and an amber alert wasn't going to matter because you would not see it.

Bald Messiah
AG
Gota De Limon said:

Dengus said:

Except they are changing "facts" as time goes on lol. Don't act like it's impossible for something weird to be going on. How in the world do you first come out and say that Campos interrupted the shooting spree, then a week later change it to he was shot 6 minutes before the shooting even started?? That is so unbelievably hard to screw up. I'm not saying there's some huge cover up, but someone screwed up.
This investigation is a week and a half old. Nothing is final. Things are going to change as more information becomes clear to the investigators. That's how it works. Perhaps they knew the correct timeline but chose to report it differently at first as a tool to aid the investigation? To flush someone/something out? The point is, we don't know yet because this is all ongoing and while I want to know why/how this happened as much as the next guy, I realize that I'm not owed anything until the investigation is complete and I'm not going to throw a tantrum demanding answers and call people liars because I'm not getting the answers I want on the timeline that I expect them.

Oh, and yes, people screw up. It happens. In this case, they corrected their screw up by clarifying a timeline and rather than looking at it logically, the Alex Jones brigade on here turned it into chum in the water.

Let's let this play out see what they find. This is an unprecedented event in our country's history regarding both the act and the actor. It's not an episode of CSI. This is going to take time to unravel. And there's absolutely nothing about that that's conspiratorial.
So, if a lone wolf madman snapped and killed everyone, what is there to unravel? The guy rented a suite, took his weapons to the room, waited until the concert, and opened fire. Case closed, right?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Bald Messiah said:

Gota De Limon said:

Dengus said:

So, if a lone wolf madman snapped and killed everyone, what is there to unravel? The guy rented a suite, took his weapons to the room, waited until the concert, and opened fire. Case closed, right?
That may end up being the final verdict. The point is the investigation is ongoing to determine if that was indeed the case or not. How is this hard for you to grasp?
Dengus
AG
Bald Messiah said:

Gota De Limon said:

Dengus said:

Exactly. Why lie about small details that are very easy to figure out? You have two guys on the same floor as the shooter - they would know if they were there before the shooting started or if they interrupted the shooting. How is saying someone stopped the shooting, then a week later changing it to "oh he was shot 6 minutes before the shooting even happened" going to be used as a tool to the investigation. I'm sure the families of the victims love hearing the Feds and sheriff flat out lie to everyone and change the story a week after the fact. Once we are lied to, why should we believe anything they say?
VaultingChemist
AG
BernArnold said:

VaultingChemist said:

Part of the purpose is also to alert people to things they might otherwise be completely unaware of - child abductions are not widely reported and not immediately reported when time is often critical. Same with the elderly.

I don't think you could turn on any tv or radio station and not be aware of this situation. And breaking news alerts on phones and social media posts were nearly immediate as well. I saw them within minutes. If you didn't know about it....you were asleep and an amber alert wasn't going to matter because you would not see it.

It is plausible that many lives could have been saved if an Alert had been issued just 3 minutes prior to Paddock shooting at the music festival crowd. At least the people would have known that they were actual gunshots and where they might be coming from.
Bald Messiah
AG
Gota De Limon said:

Bald Messiah said:

Gota De Limon said:

Dengus said:

That may end up being the final verdict. The point is the investigation is ongoing to determine if that was indeed the case or not. How is this hard for you to grasp?
Because the obscene number of inconsistencies gives me significant doubts. How is that hard for YOU to grasp?
backintexas2013
AG
So what makes one a conspiracy theorist? I don't think this is a huge government setup but I do believe there is a lot more to the story and find the stuff that is happening hard to believe. So is the poster who originally said MB drug it's feet calling the police and was altering the timeline a conspiracy theorist? What's the fine line?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Bald Messiah said:

Gota De Limon said:

Bald Messiah said:

Gota De Limon said:

Dengus said:

Because the obscene number of inconsistencies gives me significant doubts. How is that hard for YOU to grasp?
Inconsistencies is what? An ongoing investigation? You understand that's how it works right? The picture changes as more pieces of the puzzle are uncovered. Read what you're writing.
At this point you're nothing more than Veruca Salt demanding answers "NOW!!"
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
backintexas2013 said:

So what makes one a conspiracy theorist? I don't think this is a huge government setup but I do believe there is a lot more to the story and find the stuff that is happening hard to believe. So is the poster who originally said MB drug it's feet calling the police and was altering the timeline a conspiracy theorist? What's the fine line?
I don't disagree with anything you just said. And that's all going to come out in the wash. There's a vast difference between that and chalking it up to a cover up....and that's exactly what a handful of posters are doing.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.