Shooting in Las Vegas

883,259 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just looking on google earth, its about 390 yards from the hotel to the stage. Close to 600 yards to the back of the venue (that's not even counting the elevation change).
munch96
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but automatics are legal but have tight limits on how they can be bought and sold. They are not illegal to possess entirely.
Correct; the process to purchase one is expensive (not counting the cost of the gun itself which will be very high), time consuming, and extensive.

To add, any automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 are already banned.
Cy_Tolliver
Mandalay does not require key cards for the elevator, or at least it didn't when I was there last year

Venetian does require key cards.
oneeyedag
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

Automatics are illegal, but they wont care.
Fully legal if you're willing to pay for them, go through the extremely extensive background check, and then pay the required fees and taxes. A fully automatic weapon can cost into the tens of thousands of dollars with historical types (Thompson, BAR, Stg44, etc.) going for six figures if they're in pristine condition. Also, the gun must have been made before 1986 to be legal.

But people willing to go through all of that are highly unlikely to commit crimes with the weapons.

Very likely his gun was either purchased illegally, or he modified it illegally.

My neighbor has a class III license; he has all the good toys.

I BBQ; invite him and friends over and we shoot all day.
Chickenhawk
TexasAggie_02 said:

just looking on google earth, its about 390 yards from the hotel to the stage. Close to 600 yards to the back of the venue (that's not even counting the elevation change).

600 meters is inside effective range for everything from 5.56 and bigger.
Swan Song
AG
Didn't see this posted, statement from his brother...

Eric Paddock, the gunman's brother, told the Daily Mail that the family is "dumbfounded" and said there was "absolutely no indication he could do something like this" and he had no political or religious affiliation. Eric Paddock said "he was just a guy. Something happened, he snapped or something."

Eric Paddock, who lives in Central Florida along with many members of the shooter's family, told the Daily Mail, "He's my brother, we don't have a very close relationship but we talk occasionally. There's no rhyme or reason here, it makes no sense. He has no political affiliation, no religious affiliation, as far as we know. This wasn't a terror attack."
Agnzona
You don't have to aim when shooting into a croud like that.
MelvinUdall
Wow, now a guest on MSNBC has a guest in which that these automatic weapons are readily available, what a false narrative. They should at least comment on how difficult they are to obtain LEGALLY. How embarrassing.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Facts are never important to liberals

Only THE NARRATIVE
Rapier108
nhayden said:

Wow, now a guest on MSNBC has a guest in which that these automatic weapons are readily available, what a false narrative. They should at least comment on how difficult they are to obtain LEGALLY. How embarrassing.
The media loves to trot out that false narrative. They think any gun other than a revolver or shotgun is a "fully automatic" weapon.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TxTarpon

Quote:

Save yourself, stop watching PMSNBC.
Pron is more honest than that network.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
cone
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

In all seriousness, one has to consider the target chosen.

My guess is either he chose the target simply because it was a large, soft target, and dude just wanted to go bsc.

Or, a crazy antifa type, looking to exterminate "deplorables" for the cause.

If I were betting, I'd say the latter. But I'm horrible at gambling, so there is that. We will see, though.
i'm leaning to the former

no discernible motive, especially no political motive

and we the living will try to manufacture one for him

hbtheduce
AG
It could have been a bit of psychopathic behavior and the desire to be remembered.

He is a loser either way.
Presley OBannons Sword
Quote:

My neighbor has a class III license; he has all the good toys.

I BBQ; invite him and friends over and we shoot all day.

bought a sks rifle and a couple full cases of that steel core ammo with the berdan primers from some east bloc nation that no longer needs em
notex
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Definitely the sound of an AK.
MelvinUdall
They need to let their audience know the facts of obtaining a FULLY AUTOMATIC GUN LEGALLY, which this one was, just give the facts and let your audience decide.
Owlagdad
cone said:

this level of premeditation

it's gonna be hard to screen someone like that out of mental illness

this dude was high-functioning
Yes, which debunks hs brother commenting : "he must have snapped" . this took lots of planning.
Chickenhawk
Just watched video that was posted on pg1, and that "crack" definitely sounds familiar, and similar to an ak.
Presley OBannons Sword
well his brother who "talks to him occasionally" is hardly an authority
amercer
AG
Owlagdad said:

cone said:

this level of premeditation

it's gonna be hard to screen someone like that out of mental illness

this dude was high-functioning
Yes, which debunks hs brother commenting : "he must have snapped" . this took lots of planning.

Maybe a brain tumor
Sapper Redux
Maroon Dawn said:

Only THE NARRATIVE

Really? Just liberals? Did you miss the first couple of pages here?
Rapier108
Quote:

Snapped could mean anything. Not everyone who "snaps" just suddenly goes crazy on the spot.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TacosaurusRex
GeorgiaAg85 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

This POS was behind the stage and elevated... these poor people had no idea where the shots were coming from.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Maroon Dawn
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Only THE NARRATIVE

Did you miss your propaganda outlet saying it's super easy to get a fully automatic weapon?

Tell us Sapper, just how easy is it get a fully automatic weapon?

NAP Violator

They deleted it.

Looks like Antifa is celebrating the shooting.
TxTarpon

Quote:

He killed himself as soon as police breached his door. Coward.
Sherriff said SWAT killed him.
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

Sapper Redux
GeorgiaAg85 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

800 meters for an area target. You wouldn't need to aim at a concert like that.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Only THE NARRATIVE

It's different when conservatives jump to conclusions. Only liberals shape the narrative to fit their agenda. You sound TRIGGERED!
Rapier108
Many of those Antifa pages/accounts aren't legit.
cone
AG
kinda sorta

he could have snapped a while back but in such a way that lead to such meticulous premeditation

that's why i was wondering if he was ex-military. this level of planning requires discipline.
TxTarpon
Those (censored) needs an a$$ whooping....like bad....like send them to Honduras with anti-MS13 face ink for a 3rd world beat down need...

-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon
How do you know?

-BarronVonAwesome

Busdriver99
AG
Exactly - no false narratives.

Sick people go on killing sprees.

No blaming religion or race.

NAP Violator
Rapier108 said:

Many of those Antifa pages/accounts aren't legit.
I know Boston Antifa isn't legit, but I have no idea about the others.
Rapier108
I'm wondering if some, or maybe even the majority, of the causalities are the result of the stampede as people tried to get away.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.