Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse

29,417 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I think this presumes to know a lot about his character and his intentions. Like swimmer said, what he does next is important. Will he use his spotlight to heal or divide. Or will he disappear. Into sure that I would blame him if it's the latter, I suppose.
We know plenty about his character and intentions. He was recorded cleaning graffiti and helping people prior. The dude is clearly a good kid

And what do you mean by "heal or divide"? Do you consider it "dividing" if he sues the media outlets who have defamed for a year straight and continue to defame him now?

So I guess smacking around a girl and sayin g he wanted to "put a few rounds" in a guy walking out of a CVS makes him a great kid, huh? Wow.
The girl that attacked them first? And saying "kill all the lawyers" is much different then actually killing a lawyer. Shakespeare wasn't a murderer either. Are you guys capable of telling the truth?
lol. So you teach your son it's okay to hit a girl? Who is them? He was in not risk in that situation.

Give me a break... you have blinders on this deal.

This implies patriarchy. You are intolerant and biased against women who are no less deserving than men of your respect without imposing your gender prejudice on them. Time to lock you up.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
aTmAg
AG
Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I think this presumes to know a lot about his character and his intentions. Like swimmer said, what he does next is important. Will he use his spotlight to heal or divide. Or will he disappear. Into sure that I would blame him if it's the latter, I suppose.
We know plenty about his character and intentions. He was recorded cleaning graffiti and helping people prior. The dude is clearly a good kid

And what do you mean by "heal or divide"? Do you consider it "dividing" if he sues the media outlets who have defamed for a year straight and continue to defame him now?

So I guess smacking around a girl and sayin g he wanted to "put a few rounds" in a guy walking out of a CVS makes him a great kid, huh? Wow.
The girl that attacked them first? And saying "kill all the lawyers" is much different then actually killing a lawyer. Shakespeare wasn't a murderer either. Are you guys capable of telling the truth?
lol. So you teach your son it's okay to hit a girl? Who is them? He was in not risk in that situation.
I don't teach my son to hit anybody. But if 2 girls are both attacking a friend of his, I wouldn't expect him to just sit there and watch it happen. I sure as hell wouldn't teach him to post on TexAgs that somebody punched a girl in the back of the head to imply that she was just sitting there and got attacked for no reason. I don't want him to be a liar.
Macarthur
aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I don't teach my son to hit anybody. But if 2 girls are both attacking a friend of his, I wouldn't expect him to just sit there and watch it happen. I sure as hell wouldn't teach him to post on TexAgs that somebody punched a girl in the back of the head to imply that she was just sitting there and got attacked for no reason. I don't want him to be a liar.

No one here is lying. This thread was a really reasonable conversation until you came in and started this crap.
aTmAg
AG
Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Why are people on this board adamant that Rittenhouse was not a hero? He selflessly put his well being and life on the line to protect the property of others. It wasn't dumb, it was brave. If a bunch of violent and armed rioters were descending on your neighborhood, would you not be thankful if people from all around (even if across state lines) came to help protect your homes? Would you not call their willingness to put themselves in danger for you heroic? Obviously, it's nowhere near Audie Murphy level heroism or anything, but it's heroic all the same. I wish more 17 year old were like him rather than be rioters/protestors.

Now about him being armed and shooting people. He didn't arm himself with the intent of killing anybody. Otherwise, he would have behaved completely differently (conceal his face, shoot from far away, etc.). He was armed for self protection so that he could protect the property of others. It's clear as day from the evidence that he didn't shoot until HE was attacked. Why should he not allowed to defend himself? There are many examples of people getting killed or seriously hurt during BLM "protests". It's sad that those people were unable to properly protect themselves.

Rittenhouse deserves nothing but praise. I wish him the best. The fact that he was indicted at all was a travesty of justice. I'm glad the jury was smart and honest enough to exonerate him.

Yeah, the right hasn't made this kid out to be a hero. Lol
We call a spade a spade. How in the world is putting yourself at risk to protect the property if others not brave and heroic?

Let me guess, you think the rioters were heroic?
Once again, if you really read this thread with clear eyes, you would see that no one on here has said rioting and property damage is acceptable. You need to really step back and clear your head on this.
Ironic coming from you. A jury just acquitted him of ALL charges. Many liberals are admitting that they were wrong about Rittenhouse after watching the trial for themselves. You guys have been stating blatant lies (brought the gun across state lines, etc.) and you were telling ME to take a step back and clear my head?

Hilarious.
aTmAg
AG
Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

No one here is lying. This thread was a really reasonable conversation until you came in and started this crap.
Saying he brought the gun across state lines is a LIE. That was written in this thread. (Among others)
Dilettante
aTmAg said:

The girl that attacked them first?
What evidence is there for this?
aTmAg
AG
I'm about to drive for 4 hours, so I'm not going to edit a frame by frame video. But it seemed obvious to me from when I saw it last. One thing is for damn sure, there is no evidence of vice-versa. If he wanted to just clock the woman for no reason he would have done it earlier.
kurt vonnegut
AG
aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I hope he is a good kid. But I don't know him. Just as the left is guilty of wanting him to be a monster, the right is guilty of wanting him to be a saint. He cleaned some graffiti, give the kid a medal!
He risked his life to protect the property of people he never met. That is WAY more impressive than what 99% if the population did. He's a damn good kid. The facts speak for themselves.

I question the motives of a person showing up to a protest with an assault rifle. I think a reasonably intelligent person would understand that doing so is simply gasoline to the fire. Most of the militia groups that go to these things are there to intimidate - pure and simple. They don't make anything safer, they inevitably result in an escalation. Because he's young, I'm willing to give him some benefit of doubt and assume he may be just a kid making a decision that maybe wasn't fully thought through.

Was he there to protect lives or there because 'screw those rioters, I'm going to show them what a badass I am with my assault rifle.'? I don't know the answer to that. I think the majority of those that show up ready for war fall into the latter category, and I'm willing to give Kyle some benefit of doubt.

And is this really what the right believes is a good idea? Get some 17 year old kids with no weapons training, no negotiation training, no de-escalation training, give them military grade weaponry and put them into a situation that they probably don't have the maturity to understand? This is a good idea? This is what the police want? What could possibly go wrong?

I'm not victim blaming against Kyle, and I'll repeat that I think the right verdict was reached. Kid should not have been there in the first place though.
Dilettante
From the video it looks like Kyle is friends with tiny girl, and tiny girl wants to fight big girl. Tiny girl goes up to big girl and starts a fight, and then Kyle starts punching big girl for no reason other than that she's fighting tiny girl.

I hadn't actually watched the video to this point, but Kyle looks far worse in it than I expected from your comments. I think it's very clear that he was an aggressor who started punching a woman who was no threat to him.

Here's the video for anyone who wants to see it:
Dilettante
In fact, that just looks like assault by Kyle. But I'm not a lawyer.

Either way, punching a lady in the head who's not a threat to you disqualifies you from hero-hood to me.
OLD MAN, INTERRUPTED
Dilettante said:

In fact, that just looks like assault by Kyle. But I'm not a lawyer.

Either way, punching a lady in the head who's not a threat to you disqualifies you from hero-hood to me.

I fail to understand you making a big deal that it was a "lady" he hit. Why is this more significant than if it was a man...liberal!?

Kyle looks like he's got a violent streak when aroused by a sense of justice, he carried a loaded weapon to a riot after all.

At least he waits until violence begins before he intervenes with force. In many cases that is justified force vis a vis self defense or protection of another under violence.

Looks like Kyle took this incident a bit too far.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23
747Ag
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Funny you pray for him and not his victims.
Victims is plural... this means we also need to pray for the dead. Checkmate, protestants.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I hope he is a good kid. But I don't know him. Just as the left is guilty of wanting him to be a monster, the right is guilty of wanting him to be a saint. He cleaned some graffiti, give the kid a medal!
He risked his life to protect the property of people he never met. That is WAY more impressive than what 99% if the population did. He's a damn good kid. The facts speak for themselves.

I think David French says it well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/kyle-rittenhouse-right-self-defense-role-model/620715/
FTAggies
What I will say is to your point about police, I lay the blame of every bit of property destruction and loss of life to those who were at these protests in bad faith and the law enforcement that should have been there, like the national guard, who, correct me if I'm wrong, were not there for what seemed like political reasons.
Gig'em
GQaggie
AG
I think it nonsense to declare this guy a hero or a villain. We don't know him, nor do we have great insight into his motivations for being in Kenosha. There is evidence of him doing some good things: cleaning the graffiti and rendering aid, but there is evidence of him acting evilly: wishing he could shoot looters and beating up a girl.

I think it an unquestionably bad decision for him to take an AR into an active protest environment. I would exercise every power at my disposal to prevent my 17 yo from doing that. It was foolish and reckless. Despite that, he has the right to defend himself, and I believe the verdict was likely correct.

It is beyond sad that this case has been mostly filtered through a political lens. It is ridiculous to assert that this misguided and foolish teenager is worthy of either extreme contempt or honor. This has been a near perfect case study of how divided we have become along political and ideological lines.
Martin Cash
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

I question the motives of a person showing up to a protest with an assault rifle. I think a reasonably intelligent person would understand that doing so is simply gasoline to the fire. Most of the militia groups that go to these things are there to intimidate - pure and simple. They don't make anything safer, they inevitably result in an escalation. Because he's young, I'm willing to give him some benefit of doubt and assume he may be just a kid making a decision that maybe wasn't fully thought through.

Was he there to protect lives or there because 'screw those rioters, I'm going to show them what a badass I am with my assault rifle.'? I don't know the answer to that. I think the majority of those that show up ready for war fall into the latter category, and I'm willing to give Kyle some benefit of doubt.

And is this really what the right believes is a good idea? Get some 17 year old kids with no weapons training, no negotiation training, no de-escalation training, give them military grade weaponry and put them into a situation that they probably don't have the maturity to understand? This is a good idea? This is what the police want? What could possibly go wrong?

I'm not victim blaming against Kyle, and I'll repeat that I think the right verdict was reached. Kid should not have been there in the first place though.
Neither should the criminals who attacked him. And I seriously doubt you know what an 'assault rifle' is.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Spyderman
AG
68 million American children have been murdered in their mother's wombs since 1973..
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
aTmAg
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

WRONG. You come overarmed to REDUCE the possibility of violence, not increase it. 19 people died in BLM riots across the nation and countless other were beaten to a pulp businesses burned to the ground etc. In places where the police were told to stand down and be passive, there was MORE violence and destruction, not less. In fact, the reason Kyle was probably targeted by the lowlife rioters was that he looked young and weak. If Kyle didn't shoot 3 people in Kenosha causing people to scatter, then violence may have been far worse. As it is, we are lucky that the only casualties were low life scum.
Quote:

The fact you think the latter shows either naivete or self delusion. There were cases all over the nation where people deterred violence by standing guard over neighborhoods with rifles. I think the primary reason it was different with Kyle is that he looks like he is 12 and was vulnerable. If he was 230 pounds with a beard and a war on terror tattoo, then they wouldn't have come close to him. And it's documented that he and they were medically helping people. If they were "badasses" then why in the hell would they do that?

Quote:

There is video of police literally telling them prior that they appreciate what they are doing. So, yeah. It WAS what the police wanted. And the notion that shooting an AR takes a lot of training is hilarious. If a 9 year old illiterate kids in Burma can handle them fine, then so can Kyle. They aren't rocket science. In fact, notice how well Kyle performed. He acted quickly and accurately. He shot those who were a threat to him and nobody else. He didn't shoot "warning shots" in the air (which would have been a violation of law). He performed quite well. That is why he literally was cleared of 100% of charges. He performed PERFECTLY.

Quote:

To the contrary, there should have been 500 Kyles there. If that had been the case, then no violence would have occured at all. Many cities tried your way. They are the ones with entire city blocks burned to the ground and plenty of bodies.
Macarthur
Wow. You mentioned Kurt being delusional.
aTmAg
AG
Dilettante said:

From the video it looks like Kyle is friends with tiny girl, and tiny girl wants to fight big girl. Tiny girl goes up to big girl and starts a fight, and then Kyle starts punching big girl for no reason other than that she's fighting tiny girl.

I hadn't actually watched the video to this point, but Kyle looks far worse in it than I expected from your comments. I think it's very clear that he was an aggressor who started punching a woman who was no threat to him.

Here's the video for anyone who wants to see it:

I watched it a long time ago and concluded that it was nothing like the left claimed at the time. From their description, Kyle walked up to a girl from behind and just clocked her in the side of the head for no reason. Clearly that was a blatant lie.

Yesterday, I re-watched on my phone, and thought tall girl was a dude. Now that I'm re watching it in 4K on my computer, I see it differently, but I still disagree with your assessment. The tall girl looks to be the instigator. Early on, she is in the face of 3 people pointing at them and they are clearly pissed at her. Little girl even holds back the 2 dudes. Then everybody (including Kyle) is walking away from tall girl and she says something which causes little girl to come back. Little girl gets into tall girls face, and tall girl either punched her or pushed her in her face which started the fight. One dude is pulling little girl away, and tall girl is still swinging. What Kyle should have done was pull tall girl away too. But he swings at her instead.

Does that make him a "bad dude"? It depends. Did Kyle bully an autistic girl in a wheelchair, and this tall girl is there to defend that autistic kid? If so, then yes. That would make Kyle a bad dude. Was this tall girl bullying an autistic girl in a wheelchair, and Kyle (and friends) are defending her? Then that makes his actions far more understandable.

Based on what we know about him otherwise, I'm inclined to think he's a good kid. There is no reason for him to clean graffiti, offer first aid to strangers who are hurt (including Antifa idiots), bring a fire extinguisher and put out fires, etc. And he put himself in danger to protect others. Most other kids his age were either rioting or sitting at home watching it on TV. It is admirable for him to do what he could to protect others.
aTmAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/kyle-rittenhouse-right-self-defense-role-model/620715/
LOL, he went from a "murderer who cross state lines with a gun" to merely "foolish". You are clearly losing this fight. Sorry your compares got shot.

Before I address you further, were you lying when you said Kyle crossed state lines with a weapon?
aTmAg
AG
Macarthur said:

Wow. You mentioned Kurt being delusional.
And I was correct.
Macarthur
aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

LOL, he went from a "murderer who cross state lines with a gun" to merely "foolish". You are clearly losing this fight. Sorry your compares got shot.

Before I address you further, were you lying when you said Kyle crossed state lines with a weapon?
No one is 'losing this fight'. You are strawmanning incredibly hard and looking through this with very colored glasses.
aTmAg
AG
Macarthur said:

aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

No one is 'losing this fight'. You are strawmanning incredibly hard and looking through this with very colored glasses.
I guess you didn't watch the MSM, or responses from the left after the verdict. Clearly they think they "lost" bigtime. They wanted an innocent man in jail for the rest of his life.

And recognizing that "rioters are bad and self defense is justified" is not "rose colored". It's as clear as it can get. Those should be axioms. Unfortunately it's not for some leftists.
Macarthur
In light of Kurt's comment about it not being the best of ideas for young kids to be running around policing riots, I thought this was an interesting article.

If this type of thing becomes a pattern, it's not hard to imagine a scenario where things don't get ugly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/firing-gun-brain-chemistry-neuroscience-2017-10
Macarthur
And that's why you're strawmanning this thing. No one on here has said self defense is a bad thing and rioting and looting is good.
aTmAg
AG
Macarthur said:

And that's why you're strawmanning this thing. No one on here has said self defense is a bad thing and rioting and looting is good.
Sapper flat out called it "murder" despite the video clearly showed it to be self defense (and got 9 stars for it).
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

As it is, we are lucky that the only casualties were low life scum.

And this is why I'm not team Red. Even the death of "low life scum" is tragic. God loved them and grieves them as much as He would any of us, probably more so. Rosenbaum and Huber were clearly troubled people. Not my place to judge, but I doubt Rosenbaum died with a heart for Christ. If he had lived, maybe that would have changed
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I was mistaken. I didn't realize that wasn't the case when I wrote it. And I didn't say French was speaking for me. I broadly agree with his take. He is still a murderer in my opinion.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

Macarthur said:

Sapper flat out called it "murder" despite the video clearly showed it to be self defense (and got 9 stars for it).

"Self defense." He was at property he wasn't invited to, armed and clearly looking for confrontation. He legally met the definition of self defense once the confrontation began, but the whole picture is far less complementary to Rittenhouse.
aTmAg
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

And this is why I'm not team Red. Even the death of "low life scum" is tragic. God loved them and grieves them as much as He would any of us, probably more so. Rosenbaum and Huber were clearly troubled people. Not my place to judge, but I doubt Rosenbaum died with a heart for Christ. If he had lived, maybe that would have changed
Rosenbaum was charged with 11 counts of child molestation of boys between the ages of 9-11 including anal rape.
ramblin_ag02
AG
And? Even an evil man is made in the image of God. No one is too far gone to repent and become good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aTmAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

I was mistaken. I didn't realize that wasn't the case when I wrote it. And I didn't say French was speaking for me. I broadly agree with his take. He is still a murderer in my opinion.
Yet it was pointed to you how wrong you were on many points including this one. And you merely responded "fine". No correction, or admission of defamation. I do not consider you an honest participant in this discussion.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

aTmAg said:

kurt vonnegut said:

Yet it was pointed to you how wrong you were on many points including this one. And you merely responded "fine". No correction, or admission of defamation. I do not consider you an honest participant in this discussion.

Lol. I'm not here to appease you. Run along.
Macarthur
aTmAg said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

Rosenbaum was charged with 11 counts of child molestation of boys between the ages of 9-11 including anal rape.
And Rosenbaum was molested as a kid. That doesn't excuse what he did, but far too often the abused becomes the abuser. The guy was very troubled. It's not your job to decide who gets to live and who gets to die.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.