lost job due to no vax

31,364 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Reload8098
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dargscisyhp said:

PA24 said:

Psalms 90:10 was written by Moses, the author of the Pentateuch, first 5 books of the Bible.

It reads man will live to be 70, 80 if he is healthy.

Average age in America is 78 for man.

In the world is 76.

He nailed it.

And if he lives any longer we'll ensure conditions are such that he's taken out!
Not really, your days are numbered.
God is in control.
Star Wars Memes Only
PA24 said:

PacifistAg said:

PA24 said:

Psalms 90:10

Is this supposed to be your way of justifying a dismissive attitude about the deaths of those created in God's image?
Who doesn't like ice cream, chocolate ice cream mixed with some chocolate syrup and crushed nuts.
Yep, I understand the crave for things we shouldn't do and if we do, only in moderation.

So I started reading Sapiens yesterday, and apparently these cravings are at least partially rooted in our evolutionary history.
Star Wars Memes Only
PA24 said:

dargscisyhp said:

PA24 said:

Psalms 90:10 was written by Moses, the author of the Pentateuch, first 5 books of the Bible.

In the world is 76.

He nailed it.

And if he lives any longer we'll ensure conditions are such that he's taken out!
God is in control.

Yea, but like, you don't have to help him number your days though.
PA24
AG
dargscisyhp said:

PA24 said:

dargscisyhp said:

PA24 said:

In the world is 76.

He nailed it.

God is in control.

Days are set

Quality of life is the free will.

Think I will buy me a drumstick ice cream tomorrow at lunchtime.
Duncan Idaho
dargscisyhp said:

PA24 said:

dargscisyhp said:

PA24 said:

In the world is 76.

He nailed it.

God is in control.

Isn't there some story about some random minor character saying something about not testing God (ironically proof texting another minor character)
PacifistAg
AG
Again, this is a pretty anti-Christ justification to dismiss the tragedy of the death of those who bear God's divine image.
Catag94
AG
dermdoc said:

powerbelly said:

I would hope my church would take care of struggling members no matter how they ended up struggling.

Agree. But as a Christian and a doc I would encourage them to get the "vaccination".

As a Christian, I believe in trusting in Christ through faith and think seeking the vaccination is an expression of a lack of faith.

I hope the church supports the struggling family.

Edit to add quotes around the word vaccination seeing as how frequently those who have been inoculated with it comedown with and/or die from the virus.
Duncan Idaho
Catag94 said:

dermdoc said:

powerbelly said:

I would hope my church would take care of struggling members no matter how they ended up struggling.

Agree. But as a Christian and a doc I would encourage them to get the "vaccination".

As a Christian, I believe in trusting in Christ through faith and!
think seeking the vaccination is an expression of a lack of faith.

Edit to add quotes around the word vaccination seeing as how frequently those who have been inoculated with it comedown with and/or die from the virus.

Curious as to your thoughts on car seats and seat belts. Are those an expression of a lack of faith
Dilettante
Catag94 said:

As a Christian, I believe in trusting in Christ through faith and think seeking the vaccination is an expression of a lack of faith.
This is the kind of faith that gets people's kids taken away from them, and for good reason.
Catag94
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Catag94 said:

dermdoc said:

powerbelly said:

Curious as to your thoughts on car seats and seat belts. Are those an expression of a lack of faith

Not the same and I believe you know that.

God created me an immune system and a cellular structure that is designed by Him to fight viruses. I trust it to do the job and will not inject a man made mRNA substance as a substitute for that trust. When my time to be absent the body and present with Jesus does come, I welcome it without fear. And, it will come at the time appointed. None of us is able to add one moment to our lives.
Your seatbelt comparison is disingenuous.
RAB91
This board runs a close 2nd to F84 as far as the percentage of BCs that post.

To the original question, why would the church care how he lost his job? Do they already make a distinction between people laid off vs people who are fired?
Star Wars Memes Only
BCs?
RAB91
Branch Covidians
powerbelly
AG
Do you feel the same about all vaccines, or just this one?
Pro Sandy
AG
ramblin_ag02
AG
Apparently the evangelical movement has gone full Christian Science. What's the difference between mRNA, virus proteins, antibiotics, surgery, and plain old bleach? After all, God gave us immune systems to fight everything, right? When it's our time it's our time? At least the Christian Scientists are consistent with their faith. They don't refuse a vaccine and then show up in the ER expecting modern medicine to perform miracles when they get sick from a preventable illness.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
It's funny how many of the same people who scream "faith over fear" are many of the same that stockpile guns and ammo. I mean, how many times have I, as a pacifist, been fearmongered by someone about mythical roaming bands of thugs just looking to break into my home and murder all that I love in order to shame me for being a pacifist.

Yet now, it's "faith over fear" when it comes to getting a shot. Much brave.
ramblin_ag02
AG
And yes, people suffering are people suffering. Alcoholics and drug addicts need compassion and help A lot of people who get fired are fired for a good reason, but those people still need help. People make bad decisions all the time, and sometimes they end up suffering for those bad decisions. Those people still need help.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RAB91
ramblin_ag02 said:

Apparently the evangelical movement has gone full Christian Science. What's the difference between mRNA, virus proteins, antibiotics, surgery, and plain old bleach? After all, God gave us immune systems to fight everything, right? When it's our time it's our time? At least the Christian Scientists are consistent with their faith. They don't refuse a vaccine and then show up in the ER expecting modern medicine to perform miracles when they get sick from a preventable illness.
And apparently a huge chunk of the medical community has gone anti-science when they continue to support vaccine mandates while ignoring natural immunity.
ramblin_ag02
AG
The problem with natural immunity is that you have to get infected and risk a potentially serious and fatal infection. Encouraging natural immunity is the same thing as doing absolutely nothing until people get sick, sometimes really sick. That's unconscionable when we have cheap, safe, and effective prevention
RAB91
ramblin_ag02 said:

The problem with natural immunity is that you have to get infected and risk a potentially serious and fatal infection. Encouraging natural immunity is the same thing as doing absolutely nothing until people get sick, sometimes really sick. That's unconscionable when we have cheap, safe, and effective prevention
And millions of Americans have already had covid and recovered. To force them to take an unneeded vaccine is anti-science and immoral.
Catag94
AG
powerbelly said:

Do you feel the same about all vaccines, or just this one?

I appreciate this question. I've honestly been asking myself the same.

Conventional vaccines (killed or ML viruses for example) introduce the virus to your system safely to trigger a natural immune response the same way a full exposure would.
I definitely take issue with injecting a man made mRNA that actually, for lack of better terminology, programs the cells themselves. I especially take issue when there is just about as much science that indicates it's efficacy is fairly unreliable, as there is otherwise, and not enough science on the long term effects of its injection and presence in the body or what else it triggers.
I think it's one thing to allow or even trigger a response from our God designed immune system, and another to tamper with it. We have proven time and time again that much of what we think is some great pharmaceutical one day is yanked from production another and followed with a class-action lawsuit after we discover how flawed it is.
So, perhaps only this one is my answer.

Edit to add: I also never take the flu shot.
Dilettante
mRNA doesn't program cells.
Catag94
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

So we published hugest numbers of cases of infection and learned as a result that overall the survival rate is 99+%. We also have over 15 studies that indicate natural immunity is far superior. We also are steadily documenting case of infection in previously "vaxxed" patients daily ( and confirmed re-infections have been extremely rare). So, I think the risks are substantially lower than your argument would attempt to suggest. I think it's a bit early to confirm the safety of these "vaccines" and some would argue you're wrong in indicating the injection is "Safe". Further, its effectiveness is becoming more abs more doubtful daily.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Just clarify, mRNA is already in your body. The natural process is DNA -> mRNA -> protein. mRNA is incredibly fragile and lasts a very short time. Nearly all the engineering in the vaccines is getting the mRNA not to degrade in seconds.

Traditional vaccines are made with viral proteins. But viral proteins are very hard to make, and even more difficult to customize. So instead spending years and fortunes to make factories to specifically make each viral protein, we can just have your body do what it already does it make the protein itself. Your body then gets an immune response to the protein the exact same way it would with a traditional vaccine. The mRNA is broken down within hours and does not cause any immune response by itself.

It really is the same idea as prior vaccinations, just much easier. Proteins are the hardest things to manufacture. DNA and RNA are easy
Catag94
AG
Dilettante said:

I literally said "..for lack of better terminology.."
Do you understand how it works?
Catag94
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Just clarify, mRNA is already in your body. The natural process is DNA -> mRNA -> protein. mRNA is incredibly fragile and lasts a very short time. Nearly all the engineering in the vaccines is getting the mRNA not to degrade in seconds.

Traditional vaccines are made with viral proteins. But viral proteins are very hard to make, and even more difficult to customize. So instead spending years and fortunes to make factories to specifically make each viral protein, we can just have your body do what it already does it make the protein itself. Your body then gets an immune response to the protein the exact same way it would with a traditional vaccine. The mRNA is broken down within hours and does not cause any immune response by itself.

It really is the same idea as prior vaccinations, just much easier. Proteins are the hardest things to manufacture. DNA and RNA are easy

All the same, I prefer (for me) to let the virus do that.
Sapper Redux
Catag94 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Catag94 said:

dermdoc said:

powerbelly said:

Not the same and I believe you know that.

God created me an immune system and a cellular structure that is designed by Him to fight viruses. I trust it to do the job and will not inject a man made mRNA substance as a substitute for that trust. When my time to be absent the body and present with Jesus does come, I welcome it without fear. And, it will come at the time appointed. None of us is able to add one moment to our lives.
Your seatbelt comparison is disingenuous.

Do you take antibiotics when you get an infection?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Catag94 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

So we published hugest numbers of cases of infection and learned as a result that overall the survival rate is 99+%. We also have over 15 studies that indicate natural immunity is far superior. We also are steadily documenting case of infection in previously "vaxxed" patients daily ( and confirmed re-infections have been extremely rare). So, I think the risks are substantially lower than your argument would attempt to suggest. I think it's a bit early to confirm the safety of these "vaccines" and some would argue you're wrong in indicating the injection is "Safe". Further, its effectiveness is becoming more abs more doubtful daily.

I wasn't making an argument. Natural infection prevents zero deaths. Every person with natural immunity already caught covid and didn't die. None of the people that died of their COVID infection have natural immunity.
Dilettante
Catag94 said:

Dilettante said:

I literally said "..for lack of better terminology.."
Do you understand how it works?
Better terminology exists. Do I understand how mRNA works? Yes. I'm not sure if that's the question.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Catag94 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

All the same, I prefer (for me) to let the virus do that.

You should not be surprised that letting a potentially deadly virus run rampant is a terrible public health strategy
Catag94
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Catag94 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

I wasn't making an argument. Natural infection prevents zero deaths. Every person with natural immunity already caught covid and didn't die. None of the people that died of their COVID infection have natural immunity.

Agreed. My faith tells me death is not something to fear.
powerbelly
AG
Where do you stand on joint replacements, or organ transplants, or chemotherapy? All those are more unnatural than vaccines. Im just trying to get a better picture as to why this vaccine is treated so differently.
RAB91
Ramblin - Just to be clear....do you support mandates that force people with natural immunity to have to get the vaccine?
Sapper Redux
Catag94 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

No we don't. The best that can be said is that previous infection with the virus may leave you with antibodies that are equivalent to those from the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. And that's debatable. It may depend on the any number of individual factors. To get that, you have to get the virus. Which, to date, has killed at least 740,000 plus Americans alone (and that number is likely a strong undercount). These "99% survival" claims ignore a lot. If you don't survive, it's one of the worst ways I can imagine to die. You're literally drowning in your own fluids. The anxiety and fear in I've seen in people with advanced Covid-pneumonia is haunting. Even if you don't die, millions of people have long Covid, the implications of which we are still unpacking, but it's affected everyone up to professional athletes with conditions as dangerous as myocarditis. Oh, and no, reinfection with Covid is not rare and is likely to become more and more common as we move forward.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanmic/article/PIIS2666-5247(21)00219-6/fulltext

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.