Unpopular opinion: We (Catholics) need to be more like the taliban

13,916 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Joe Boudain
Joe Boudain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have nothing but respect, grudging admiration, and disgust at the taliban. They have kept their eye on the prize and haven't been deterred from their goal of an Islamic Caliphate in Afghanistan.

There will be no abortions nor pride parades in Kabul. No rainbow flags flown over embassies. Their relationship to Allah informs their actions and influences every facet of society.

We need to be more like them, intolerance not tolerance is a Christian virtue. Jesus Christ is priest, Prophet, king of the World, and any society that does not claim him as such is doomed to failure.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

I have nothing but respect, grudging admiration, and disgust at the taliban. They have kept their eye on the prize and haven't been deterred from their goal of an Islamic Caliphate in Afghanistan.

There will be no abortions nor pride parades in Kabul. No rainbow flags flown over embassies. Their relationship to Allah informs their actions and influences every facet of society.

We need to be more like them, intolerance not tolerance is a Christian virtue. Jesus Christ is priest, Prophet, king of the World, and any society that does not claim him as such is doomed to failure.
I hope you are a troll.

If not, how can you know Christ and even remotely think like that?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Duncan Idaho
Just one question.
Do you prefer Vanilla ISIS or Y'all Qaeda or Bubba Haram?
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

Joe Boudain said:

I hope you are a troll.

If not, how can you know Christ and even remotely think like that?

Explain. Your question is too open ended for me to address.
dermdoc
AG
Who was Christ intolerant of? The adulteress? The tax collector? Prostitutes?

Where did Christ advocate killing anyone?

If what you say is true, why did Christ not do that when He was here? He could have, correct?

Christians are not in "control", Christ is. And thank God for it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Serotonin
AG
What is the prize or goal that you have in mind here?

Some kind of theocratic government based on Catholic principles?
Duncan Idaho
this used to be just a meme

Beer Baron
AG
Well one of them is clearly right and the other is clearly misguided but admirable. That's the difference.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

Who was Christ intolerant of? The adulteress? The tax collector? Prostitutes?

Where did Christ advocate killing anyone?

If what you say is true, why did Christ not do that when He was here? He could have, correct?

Christians are not in "control", Christ is. And thank God for it.
Christ was intolerance of sin, while having mercy towards the sinner. True repentance is not possible without desire for conversion. Christ himself said "It were better for him, that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should scandalize one of these little ones." Saying that killing someone is actually better than allowing someone to pervert children, for both the person and the children.

Matthew 10:34 speaks to the warlike nature of our Lord, who is just in demanding that every knee shall bow to Him. Christ is absolutely in control, and in his absence delegated control to his shepherds who guide the flock in his earthly absence; the shpeherds being the Catholic episcopate.

Joe Boudain
Serotonin said:

What is the prize or goal that you have in mind here?

Some kind of theocratic government based on Catholic principles?
Yes, just as Christ himself was both fully man and fully God, we need a society both fully civil and fully religious. No man can serve two masters, and we need to serve God at all times, both in and outside of Mass.
craigernaught
AG
This is unbelievably gross.
dermdoc
AG
So you want Sharia law? Or something similar?

And would not many of the actions you advocate in the name of Christ be a sin?
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

So you want Sharia law? Or something similar?

And would not many of the actions you advocate in the name of Christ be a sin?
Some form of integrated religious and civil law? Yes. One where women can't drive? No.
dermdoc
AG
And I repeat the question, if what you want was Christ's goal, why did He not do it?

Do you know better than Christ?
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Christ was intolerance of sin, while having mercy towards the sinner. True repentance is not possible without desire for conversion. Christ himself said "It were better for him, that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should scandalize one of these little ones." Saying that killing someone is actually better than allowing someone to pervert children, for both the person and the children.
This is exactly what I'm referring to when I say Christianity has all the same tools in its toolbox to form a theocracy every bit as bloodthirsty as the Taliban, if only more of its followers were willing to pick them up. Luckily, in this country we've got a very, very small minority of people who are willing to, but the ones who are cannot wait to start throwing sinners from rooftops. Pretty chilling to think that when they're not posting stuff like this, they're just going to little league games in the burbs and watching the Ags play on Saturdays.
Joe Boudain
dermdoc said:

And I repeat the question, if what you want was Christ's goal, why did He not do it?

God longed for all of his children to be in heaven with him, yet he allowed Eve to engineer the fall of Man; why did he do that if he wanted all of his to be with him?

Christ's earthly mission was to heal the rift between God and Mankind through his sacrifice and establish the Kingdom of God on Earth; he accomplished the first, and delegated the remainder to his chosen Shepherds during the Great Commissioning. The faith grew under persecution and became mainstream due to the actions of the Great Kings of Christendom, who went to war to ensure the faith flourished.

You'd be speaking Arabic and bowing towards Mecca right now if it weren't for Charles Martell.
Joe Boudain
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

This is exactly what I'm referring to when I say Christianity has all the same tools in its toolbox to form a theocracy every bit as bloodthirsty as the Taliban, if only more of its followers were willing to pick them up. Luckily, in this country we've got a very, very small minority of people who are willing to, but the ones who are cannot wait to start throwing sinners from rooftops. Pretty chilling to think that when they're not posting stuff like this, they're just going to little league games in the burbs and watching the Ags play on Saturdays.
There are a hell of a lot more of us than you think. Pilots, HR representatives, Business owners, volunteer sports coaches, bar owners, etc etc.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

There are a hell of a lot more of us than you think. Pilots, HR representatives, Business owners, volunteer sports coaches, bar owners, etc etc.
What about haberdashers? Please, don't tell me you've infiltrated the haberdashery too!
Quad Dog
AG
Why don't you stop tapdancing around what you want, let's get down to brass tacks. If you were Pope of a Catholic theocracy in America, what would be the policy and punishment you want for:
Abortions
Homosexuality and gay marriage
Divorce
Science in school
Women's roles in authority, Do you want any decline in women's right from where they are now?
Contraceptives
Practicing any part of Protestantism/Judiasm/Islam/Hinduism, etc.
Secular Schools not teaching Catholic religion
Duncan Idaho
Joe Boudain said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

So in your ideal Catholic caliphate enablers and profiteers of drunkenness and random hook ups would be acceptable?
Joe Boudain
Quad Dog said:

Why don't you stop tapdancing around what you want, let's get down to brass tacks. If you were Pope of a Catholic theocracy in America, what would be the policy and punishment you want for:
Abortions
Homosexuality and gay marriage
Divorce
Science in school
Women's roles in authority, Do you want any decline in women's right from where they are now?
Contraceptives
Practicing any part of Protestantism/Judiasm/Islam/Hinduism, etc.
Secular Schools not teaching Catholic religion
Abortions-Life in prison
Homosexuality and gay marriage- gay marriage wouldn't be possible but homosexuality would be criminalized like it was in the theocracy that was the USA until recently
Divorce- not allowed
Science in School- What?
Women's role in authority- Not able to vote or hold office, encouraged through tax breaks to stay home with children
Practicing any non-catholic religions- not publicly allowed
Secular Schools would not exist.
schmendeler
AG
i humbly submit that there are other countries with much higher % of catholic citizens where these great ideas can be tested.
Martin Q. Blank
schmendeler said:

i humbly submit that there are other countries with much higher % of catholic citizens where these great ideas can be tested.
They're being tested right now in Vatican City. They seem to be doing pretty well.
Joe Boudain
schmendeler said:

I do not want to argue with you as I appreciate your watch discourse too much.
Rocag
AG
Poe's Law is hitting me hard on this thread. Not sure i I should take this seriously or not...
schmendeler
AG
much like a tourbillion, the practicality of the catholic church governing a modern society has passed its prime.
Duncan Idaho
schmendeler said:

I used to think that the anti-Catholic campaigns against president Kennedy were a reflection of an archaic time that America had matured past.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/about-jfk/jfk-in-history/john-f-kennedy-and-religion

Thanks to the OP, I find myself questioning that view. Maybe these people were on to something.

Quad Dog
AG
Wow, that's scary. Thanks for being honest at least.
I wonder what would happen to the US population after that. Go from 328 million to ~35 million (70 million registered Catholics in US, I figure half would be willing to go this far)? That would be crippling to all industry and economy. The former US would instantly become the largest third world nation in the world?
I guess I'd emigrate to Canada? Maybe England.
Or would we not be able to leave before you implemented your plan?
Joe Boudain
Quad Dog said:

I wonder what would happen to the US population after that. Go from 328 million to ~35 million (70 million registered Catholics in US, I figure half would be willing to go this far)? That would be crippling to all industry and economy. The former US would instantly become the largest third world nation in the world?
The US population would likely boom as we wouldn't go about killing 290 million people, also we catholics have large families so I'd expect the fertility rate to boom.

Hungary has done something more or less in line with what I've suggested and has seen home ownership and fertility rates skyrocket and divorce rates plummet.
Quad Dog
AG
Joe Boudain said:

Quad Dog said:

The US population would likely boom as we wouldn't go about killing 290 million people, also we catholics have large families so I'd expect the fertility rate to boom.

Hungary has done something more or less in line with what I've suggested and has seen home ownership and fertility rates skyrocket and divorce rates plummet.
I don't think that the Catholics willing to follow your coup are the ones guilty of killing 290 million people via abortion. All of those people getting abortions would leave when you took power, assuming you let them. I doubt the Catholics that remain could keep the lights on.
Also assuming that your assumption to power is peaceful and people just leave the US. I think most Americans would fight you.
craigernaught
AG
Move to Hungary.
Joe Boudain
craigernaught said:

Move to Hungary.
I'm sure it's that easy for you, but I'd prefer to make a change for the positive here than that bug out.
Duncan Idaho
Joe Boudain said:

craigernaught said:

Move to Hungary.
I'm sure it's that easy for you, but I'd prefer to make a change for the positive here than that bug out.

Conveniently, you can do both by moving to Hungary.
Joe Boudain
Duncan Idaho said:

Joe Boudain said:

craigernaught said:

Move to Hungary.

Conveniently, you can do both by moving to Hungary.
that was actually pretty good.
dermdoc
AG
Joe Boudain said:

dermdoc said:

God longed for all of his children to be in heaven with him, yet he allowed Eve to engineer the fall of Man; why did he do that if he wanted all of his to be with him?

Christ's earthly mission was to heal the rift between God and Mankind through his sacrifice and establish the Kingdom of God on Earth; he accomplished the first, and delegated the remainder to his chosen Shepherds during the Great Commissioning. The faith grew under persecution and became mainstream due to the actions of the Great Kings of Christendom, who went to war to ensure the faith flourished.

You'd be speaking Arabic and bowing towards Mecca right now if it weren't for Charles Martell.
And I would never bow towards Mecca.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.