February 23rd Creation movie

19,759 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
AggieRain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Catholic
vacating FL410
How can someone believe they are a Christian if they don't believe the Bible?
schmendeler
AG
aggiesuite said:

Pretty much every believer has something they have decided not to take literally in the bible. There's an explanation for everything that someone might find unpalatable.
vacating FL410
If someone doesn't believe the very first book of God's word it is a serious matter. I don't think God was out to write some interesting tales for bedtime stories. Some serious reflection needs to be done.
AggieRain
AG
Believing that something is allegorical as opposed to literal is not the same thing as "not believing."
vacating FL410
AggieRain said:

Believing that something is allegorical as opposed to literal is not the same thing as "not believing."
Interesting concept to believe oneself to be a Christian yet not believe the Bible. May not have a happy ending.
Martin Q. Blank
schmendeler said:

aggiesuite said:

Pretty much every believer has something they have decided not to take literally in the bible. There's an explanation for everything that someone might find unpalatable.
Not me.
schmendeler
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

aggiesuite said:

Not me.

You dine on the literal flesh and blood of Christ in communion? I didn't think you were Catholic.
Sapper Redux
aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

Interesting concept to believe oneself to be a Christian yet not believe the Bible. May not have a happy ending.

You might want to read up on the concept of allegory. History as we understand and write it was not the norm until very recently. Allegory had a great deal of power. And it means you don't have to deny the reality in front of you.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

aggiesuite said:

Not me.

So were there two of every kind on the ark or seven of every clean kind and two of every unclean kind? No one has ever answered that around here.
amercer
AG
I think it's pretty badass that god stopped the rotation of the earth to allow a slaughter to continue. That time when he had a bear kill a bunch of kids for making fun of a bald guy--also very metal of him...
PacifistAg
AG
aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

So it's your position that if you don't believe in a 6,000 year earth, then one is not a Christian?
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

So it's your position that if you don't believe in a 6,000 year earth, then one is not a Christian?
So, like, Jesus is really a vine and stuff... literally.
vacating FL410
RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

Do you/they believe Matthew? Mark? Luke? John? If you do, why? Which books are real? Which ones are made up?
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

And everyone knows that Satan is literally a giant red dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns.
PacifistAg
AG
aggiesuite said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

Do you/they believe Matthew? Mark? Luke? John? If you do, why? Which books are real? Which ones are made up?

You didn't answer my question. Is believing in a literal six 24-hr days creation 6,000 years ago a requirement in your opinion for salvation? You seem to have a hard time believing that a Christian could not embrace YEC, so I'm curious if that is what your actual position is.
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

And everyone knows that Satan is literally a giant red dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns.
Are you sure he isn't one of the members of GWAR?
Martin Q. Blank
schmendeler said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

aggiesuite said:

Not me.
You dine on the literal flesh and blood of Christ in communion? I didn't think you were Catholic.
I dine on the literal flesh and blood of Christ in communion. I don't need to make up something like transfiguration to believe that. Or the "resacrifice" of Christ or whatever they do at Mass.
Martin Q. Blank
amercer said:

I think it's pretty badass that god stopped the rotation of the earth to allow a slaughter to continue. That time when he had a bear kill a bunch of kids for making fun of a bald guy--also very metal of him...
The sun stopped, not the rotation of the earth. Had that happened, by my calculations everybody would have shot up into the sky.
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

Are you sure he isn't one of the members of GWAR?

jkag89
Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

aggiesuite said:

Not me.
I dine on the literal flesh and blood of Christ in communion. I don't need to make up something like transfiguration to believe that. Or the "resacrifice" of Christ or whatever they do at Mass.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

amercer said:

The sun stopped, not the rotation of the earth. Had that happened, by my calculations everybody would have shot up into the sky.

Are you a geocentrist?
PacifistAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

schmendeler said:

aggiesuite said:

Not me.

"What sort of man doesn't carry a trowel? Put it on your Christmas list." Brian Williams was great.
Woody2006
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

amercer said:

Are you a geocentrist?

It's a perfectly valid model of the motions of the planets...
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

amercer said:

Are you a geocentrist?
Yes, we've had several threads on it.
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

amercer said:

Are you a geocentrist?

Oh come on... tell me you're trolling.
schmendeler
AG
Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

amercer said:

Are you a geocentrist?

Oh come on... tell me you're trolling.
i don't think even he knows anymore.
Martin Q. Blank
My office faces east and I just saw the sun rise. Maybe I shouldn't trust my senses (or the Bible) and picture the earth rotating?
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

My office faces east and I just saw the sun rise. Maybe I shouldn't trust my senses (or the Bible) and picture the earth rotating?

You don't believe the Earth rotates?
Martin Q. Blank
If it did rotate and then all of a sudden stopped, the entire army of both sides would have flung up in the air, right?
Zobel
AG
Hook, line, and sinker.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

If it did rotate and then all of a sudden stopped, the entire army of both sides would have flung up in the air, right?
So God can make the sun stop, but He can't make the earth stop rotating and keep everyone one it?

BTW, geocentrism...really? You love this trolling stuff, don't you?
schmendeler
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

it's hilarious that you are using newton's laws to support the idea that the earth doesn't rotate because it would have made Joshua's army fly off the surface
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Not bad. Pretty legit troll job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.