February 23rd Creation movie

19,557 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From one of the links he shared: http://www.fixedearth.com/

Quote:

The Levitating Globe, shown on the left, has an electromagnet and computerized sensor hidden in its display stand which causes the Earth to levitate motionless in the air. Could God have engineered something like that for the real Earth? The Bible and all real evidence confirm that this is precisely what he did, and indeed:

The Earth is not rotating...nor is it going around the sun.

Today's cosmology fulfills an anti-Bible religious plan disguised as "science". The whole scheme from Copernicanism to Big Bangism is a factless lie. Those lies have planted the Truth-killing virus of evolutionism in every aspect of man's "knowledge" about the Universe, the Earth, and Himself. Take your time. Check it all out. Decide for yourself.

Post removed:
by user
747Ag
AG
Martin... epic troll

oldarmy1
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

"Flat-earther" was created by evolutionists to discredit creationists. Nobody has believed that theory in 2000 years except for morons.
The Bible doesn't contain any statement of a flat earth so no idea when or why that became an attempt to "speak down" to creationist. There are clear passages with imagery "4 corners of the earth", although one might say North/South/East/West might be attached to that, it certainly wasn't claiming a 4 corner flat earth. Then you have dreams such as "And I climbed a tree that was tall that I could see the entire earth". Etc. etc. all of those passages have unmistakable context in either imagery, poetry or a dream. There are some pretty disingenuous people who throw those in a Christians face with the same ignorance as those who used those (both Christian and non-Christian) in the past.

Then you have specific versus which allude to descriptions of the creation such as Isaiah 40:22 "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth" or like Job 26:7 "He stretches out the north over empty space; he hangs the earth on nothing".

What might be the most interesting thing to consider is how none of the myths that were prevalent during the writers days made their way into the Bible. Nothing about Atlas holding up the earth or the earth riding on the back of a giant turtle.
Line up and wait 18L
Quite a thread.

Great movie, go see it.
Martin Q. Blank
oldarmy1 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

"Flat-earther" was created by evolutionists to discredit creationists. Nobody has believed that theory in 2000 years except for morons.
The Bible doesn't contain any statement of a flat earth so no idea when or why that became an attempt to "speak down" to creationist.
"Historians" trying to rewrite history. Kind of like Dr. Watson here.
Quote:

Historian Jeffrey Burton Russell says the flat-Earth error flourished most between 1870 and 1920, and had to do with the ideological setting created by struggles over biological evolution. Russell claims "with extraordinary few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the Earth was flat", and ascribes popularization of the flat-Earth myth to histories by John William Draper, Andrew *****on White, and Washington Irving.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
Quote:

But it gained currency in the 19th century, thanks to inaccurate histories such as John William Draper's History of the Conflict Between Religion and Science (1874) and Andrew *****on White's A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom (1896). Atheists and agnostics championed the conflict thesis for their own purposes, but historical research gradually demonstrated that Draper and White had propagated more fantasy than fact in their efforts to prove that science and religion are locked in eternal conflict.
Sound familiar?
Woody2006
AG
Sure, mock flat-Earthers as you state you don't believe in the Earth's rotation.

If you aren't going to address questions posed to you, why are you still commenting on this thread?
Martin Q. Blank
I'm actually mocking atheists making up stories about the past. Verifiable, written history. #sad

And what has AstroAg17 told you about "believing" in reference frames? There are many reasons for a Christian to prefer geocentrism. Why is the sun so great to be the center again?
Woody2006
AG
The unanswered question is referring to the fact we can demonstrate the Earth's rotation.

Choosing the Earth as the center of the universe is whatever. It adds unnecessary complexity, but that's different than saying you don't believe the Earth rotates.
Martin Q. Blank
I don't work for NASA. I have no use for heliocentrism. I look outside and see the sun, moon, and stars circling the earth and the earth fixed. The Bible says the earth is fixed and the heavens move around it.
"Sun, stand still at Gibeon,
and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon."
And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
until the nation took vengeance on their enemies.

Its rising is from the end of the heavens,
and its circuit to the end of them,
and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty;
the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt.
Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
and hastens to the place where it rises.

There are other reasons to reject heliocentrism. It binds someone to the mediocrity principle which you have already brought up in this thread. I reject that principle as a Christian.
Woody2006
AG
Nothing you wrote addresses the problem of Earth's rotation.
Martin Q. Blank
What problem?
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

What problem?

The Earth rotates as we can easily demonstrate.
Martin Q. Blank
If the earth rotates, geocentrism is wrong. The earth rotates, therefore geocentrism is wrong. Bible abandoned.
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

If the earth rotates, geocentrism is wrong. The earth rotates, therefore geocentrism is wrong. Bible abandoned.
I don't understand why you can't consider the Earth the center of the universe while acknowledging the Earth rotates.

I mean, if the Earth rotating about its axis is enough to make you abandon the Bible, you really should have abandoned it a long time ago.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

No, the earth rotating does not mean the Bible is abandoned. Goodness.

PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

I mean, if the Earth rotating about its axis is enough to make you abandon the Bible, you really should have abandoned it a long time ago.
This was my first thought. Just seems like a very fragile faith if that can cause one to abandon it.
schmendeler
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

well that was easy.
Martin Q. Blank
Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

I don't understand why you can't consider the Earth the center of the universe while acknowledging the Earth rotates.

You're probably right.
Martin Q. Blank
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Hey, do you still think geocentrism has been debunked?
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

If you think geocentrism requires that the Earth doesn't rotate, then yes it has long since been debunked.
PacifistAg
AG
Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

If you think geocentrism requires that the Earth doesn't rotate, then yes it has long since been debunked.
And he again shows why there's a stereotype of Christians being anti-science. Just unreal, especially given that his faith apparently hinges on the earth not rotating. What a shallow faith that is.
Martin Q. Blank
Hey RetiredAg, do you still think geocentrism has been debunked?
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

As Woody said, if you believe geocentrism requires the earth not rotate, then yes, it has long been debunked. So, will abandoning your faith result in a real change in your life? Or will it be business as usual?
Martin Q. Blank
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

As Woody said, if you believe geocentrism requires the earth not rotate, then yes, it has long been debunked. So, will abandoning your faith result in a real change in your life? Or will it be business as usual?
Not all geocentrists think the earth does not rotate. Do you still think geocentrism has been debunked?
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

Can you post the debunking?
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Not all geocentrists think the earth does not rotate. Do you still think geocentrism has been debunked?
But you do, right? Since it seems vital to you, I assume you are going to abandon your faith now.

LOL at the earth not rotating. Thank you for this thread. It's been a riot.
Martin Q. Blank
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

But you do, right? Since it seems vital to you, I assume you are going to abandon your faith now.

Can't get yourself to say the words can you?

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Why are you quoting the Bible? You've abandoned it, right? I doubt it will change your life much, if your behavior here is any indicator.
Martin Q. Blank
I quote the Bible because I believe it gives life and it's words are truth. From the sun rising and setting to pride going before destruction. I understand if you're too proud to admit that I was right about geocentrism. Woody, an atheist, did and I commend him for it.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

But, if you wish, here's what I'll say. I'm not an astronomer or astrophysicist. What I have read, however, shows that geocentrism has been superseded and shown to be an inferior model of the universe. I posted a link earlier that I'm sure you didn't read, so I'll post again. I hope you check it out. It's interesting: http://www.geocentrismdebunked.org/

The really laughable thing for me, however, is that you seem to hinge your entire faith on whether or not the earth is rotating. You are a great example of why so many Christians get labeled "anti-science". There's absolutely nothing unbiblical about heliocentrism and certainly nothing unbiblical about the fact that the earth is rotating on its axis. But to make it a salvational issue as you and the other flat-earthers...I mean geocentrists do is idiotic and in no way consistent with Scripture.
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

Can you post the debunking?
I've already shown you one way we can demonstrate the Earth rotates. Would you like to consider others?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111222103114.htm

We can even measure the wobble of Earth's axis as it rotates.

http://www.tkt.cs.tut.fi/research/nappo_files/Symposium_Gyro_Technology_2010_web.pdf

We can measure the rotation of the earth using gyroscopes.

Not to mention the fact that we have GPS satellites that can measure the rotation extremely accurately.
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I quote the Bible because I believe it gives life and it's words are truth. From the sun rising and setting to pride going before destruction. I understand if you're too proud to admit that I was right about geocentrism. Woody, an atheist, did and I commend him for it.
Again, if you think geocentrism requires a belief that the Earth doesn't rotate, then as I've shown it's trivially easy to debunk.

If geocentrism just means the Earth is the center of the universe, then whatever. It's still silly based on what we know of general relativity, but you can make the math work using damn near any reference point.
Martin Q. Blank
Those all use the heliocentric frame of reference. It's begging the question. The technologies could also be employed to measure the rotation of the celestial bodies around the earth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.