February 23rd Creation movie

19,529 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You misrepresented what I said. I can see how you are confused.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

No, I really haven't. What you've said is just nonsensical, so I can see how you are confused. I mean, you said the sun is a giant rock.
Martin Q. Blank
The sun and moon BOTH give light. God is the source of light. IF a person (such as yourself) were to say that the moon cannot properly be said to "give" light because it merely reflects it, then the sun cannot properly be said to "give" light because it merely emits it. I don't believe either. Both give light.

Sun is not a rock. My mistake.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Okay, so you don't persist with this charge, let's break down my previous comment and I'll quote your exact statement.

"he says the sun doesn't give light"

Quote:

the sun equally does not "give off" light

"but the moon does"

Quote:

The moon gives light too.

"He says that the sun is a giant rock"

Quote:

If there is no God, then the sun has nothing to emit. It's just a giant rock.

"and that "emit" doesn't mean "give"."

Quote:

Ok, the sun equally does not "give off" light because it simply emits it

Now, the last one is really addressing how you cling to "emit" while ignoring the definition of "emit" that states "give off".

PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

The sun and moon BOTH give light
No, the sun gives light. The moon reflects it. Using your logic, my dad's bald head gives light, which is of course silly.

Quote:

God is the source of light.
God is the source of everything, seeing that He created everything. He even created the sun to give light to the earth. But, you cling to a literalist interpretation and ignore the fact that the Genesis account said He created two great lights, but the moon is not a light.

Quote:

IF a person (such as yourself) were to say that the moon cannot properly be said to "give" light because it merely reflects it, then the sun cannot properly be said to "give" light because it merely emits it. I don't believe either. Both give light.
Once again, please reference the definition of "emit". It means to "give off". The sun emitting light is the same as the sun giving light. The moon, however, does not emit light. It reflects it. My dad's bald head doesn't "give" light. It's not a light. It does, however, reflect light. If you shine a flashlight into a mirror, the mirror is not "giving" light. It's reflecting it. The source of that light, though, is the flashlight. Just as the source of the light that the moon reflects is the sun. It's reflecting the sun light.
Quote:

Sun is not a rock. My mistake.
Yeah, pretty significant mistake and immediately undermines whatever credibility you may have had on this discussion, which I believe would be zero to start with.
Martin Q. Blank
There is no word "emit" in the verse you used so I don't know why you keep defining it. Both the sun and moon give off light. Light comes from them. No sun, no light during the day. No moon, no light during the night.

Does a lighthouse "give" light to a ship? Yes. Even though the series of mirrors and glass reflect and refract the light emitted from the center. No, I don't know how a lighthouse works. Don't quote me on the mirror and glass sentence.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

There is no word "emit" in the verse you used so I don't know why you keep defining it. Both the sun and moon give off light. Light comes from them. No sun, no light during the day. No moon, no light during the night.

Does a lighthouse "give" light to a ship? Yes. Even though the series of mirrors and glass reflect and refract the light emitted from the center. No, I don't know how a lighthouse works. Don't quote me on the mirror and glass sentence.
You are the one who introduced the word "emit", as though it means something different than to "give" or "give off". You are saying the sun "emits" light, but it doesn't "give" light. That's nonsensical as the definition of "emit" is to "give off".

Goodness, seriously, you have to be trolling. I mean, the fact that you called the sun a "giant rock" should have made it clear. Once again, I got sucked in by your expert trollmanship. Well played.
PacifistAg
AG
Okay, I've tired of this. MQB, once again, well played. This may be your best effort yet. Have a fantastic remainder of your day though.
Martin Q. Blank
You're not a very nice person despite your smiley face and calls to pacifism. I've tried to give a reasoned account to believe the Bible's cosmology despite the barrage of "troll" comments. I get that you're frustrated that you failed to "debunk" geocentrism. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

You're not a very nice person despite your smiley face and calls to pacifism. I've tried to give a reasoned account to believe the Bible's cosmology despite the barrage of "troll" comments. I get that you're frustrated that you failed to "debunk" geocentrism. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.
You're right. I have been rude on this thread. But let's not play the victim here. Much of my rudeness comes from the relentlessly obsessive trolling you do directed at me. Surely, given your history, you could understand why people would think you're trolling on this thread. It's what you do all the time here, especially towards me. That, combined with this attitude that to not believe in YEC or geocentrism is to call into question one's faith or belief in the Scriptures, hit a nerve.

So, I will admit I was rude and unnecessarily harsh, and apologize. I am sorry.
Martin Q. Blank
And that geocentrism has not been debunked.
oldarmy1
AG
Hey, I love all you guys. We're Ags (most of us) and crossing swords in an iron sharpens iron exchange. Hope thats how all walk away at the end of each day with that realization.

We're a passionate bunch and I personally believe thats why many of us became Ags. It should be no surprise that this transcends multiple topics.

I'd do anything to ensure as many people seriously consider God. Even if it means being set in believing it is non-sensical to have the appearance of age askewed in your thinking. Have that conversation with Jesus, God or Noah when time is up.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Martin Q. Blank
DVD out for sale for those who missed the movie in theaters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.