February 23rd Creation movie

19,556 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

If it did rotate and then all of a sudden stopped, the entire army of both sides would have flung up in the air, right?
So God can make the sun stop, but He can't make the earth stop rotating and keep everyone one it?
He could, is that what the text says happened?
PacifistAg
AG
Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

If it did rotate and then all of a sudden stopped, the entire army of both sides would have flung up in the air, right?

Not bad
It's like when you slam on the brakes in your car and everyone lurches forward. Same principle.
Martin Q. Blank
schmendeler said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

it's hilarious that you are using newton's laws to support the idea that the earth doesn't rotate because it would have made Joshua's army fly off the surface
Which law are you referring?
PacifistAg
AG
Oh man, this has been a hilarious year so far. I didn't realize that flat-earthers still exist until Kyrie Irving started talking about it. Now I find out there are still geocentrists around. This has all the makings for a hilarious year.
Martin Q. Blank
"Flat-earther" was created by evolutionists to discredit creationists. Nobody has believed that theory in 2000 years except for morons.
vacating FL410
RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

Believing that something is allegorical as opposed to literal is not the same thing as "not believing."
Interesting concept to believe oneself to be a Christian yet not believe the Bible. May not have a happy ending.

So it's your position that if you don't believe in a 6,000 year earth, then one is not a Christian?
Do you/they believe Matthew? Mark? Luke? John? If you do, why? Which books are real? Which ones are made up?

You didn't answer my question. Is believing in a literal six 24-hr days creation 6,000 years ago a requirement in your opinion for salvation? You seem to have a hard time believing that a Christian could not embrace YEC, so I'm curious if that is what your actual position is.
Do you believe Jesus walked on water? Did He turn water into wine? Did he heal the sick? If you do believe that why would it be difficult to believe Genesis? If you don't believe Christ performed miracles how could you possibly believe you are a Christian? Could you list all the things in the Bible that are false and which ones are true so I can skip those parts? TIA!
PacifistAg
AG
aggiesuite said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

RetiredAg said:

aggiesuite said:

AggieRain said:

Believing that something is allegorical as opposed to literal is not the same thing as "not believing."
Interesting concept to believe oneself to be a Christian yet not believe the Bible. May not have a happy ending.

So it's your position that if you don't believe in a 6,000 year earth, then one is not a Christian?
Do you/they believe Matthew? Mark? Luke? John? If you do, why? Which books are real? Which ones are made up?

You didn't answer my question. Is believing in a literal six 24-hr days creation 6,000 years ago a requirement in your opinion for salvation? You seem to have a hard time believing that a Christian could not embrace YEC, so I'm curious if that is what your actual position is.
Do you believe Jesus walked on water? Did He turn water into wine? Did he heal the sick? If you do believe that why would it be difficult to believe Genesis? If you don't believe Christ performed miracles how could you possibly believe you are a Christian? Could you list all the things in the Bible that are false and which ones are true so I can skip those parts? TIA!
Again, you didn't answer my question. See, typically in a conversation, when one person asks a question, the other will answer and then ask questions of their own. HTH.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

Could you list all the things in the Bible that are false and which ones are true so I can skip those parts?
This is an unfair question and doesn't get to the heart of their beliefs. A better would be, can you explain the method of determining an allegorical passage? i.e. what literary markers are present in particular stories to identify it as an allegory?
PacifistAg
AG
LOL people blue-starring posts defending geocentrism. 2017 is hilarious.
Martin Q. Blank
Sad that you're jealous of blue stars. I gave you one to make you feel better.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Sad that you're jealous of blue stars. I gave you one to make you feel better.
LOL sad that you think it's jealousy. No, I'm laughing because supposedly educated people are embracing a theory that's long been debunked. People like you are why Christians are often labeled as "anti-science". Fortunately, this lunacy is something only embraced by a fringe minority. Unfortunately, it's the fringe minority that often screams the loudest, which plays into the "anti-science" stereotype.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

"Flat-earther" was created by evolutionists to discredit creationists. Nobody has believed that theory in 2000 years except for morons.

Creationism? More like 200 years.
Martin Q. Blank
1. Geocentrism has not been debunked.
2. Geocentrism is not anti-science.
3. It is "embraced" by a minority, but that is only because heliocentrism is taught in public schools (due to ease of calculations). Any astrophysicist will tell you that geocentrism is a valid model.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

3. It is "embraced" by a minority, but that is only because heliocentrism is taught in public schools (due to ease of calculations). Any astrophysicist will tell you that geocentrism is a valid model.

Is that it? Easier math in public schools? Who knew!
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

Oh man, this has been a hilarious year so far. I didn't realize that flat-earthers still exist until Kyrie Irving started talking about it. Now I find out there are still geocentrists around. This has all the makings for a hilarious year.
http://www.galileowaswrong.com/
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Is that it? Easier math in public schools? Who knew!
Is there something you disagree with? Make it known.
Aggrad08
AG
I think Martin is trolling, but creationist arguments are actually too stupid to pin down between troll and sincerity.
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

http://www.galileowaswrong.com/

Man, this is greatness. I thought today would be a typical, boring hum-drum kind of day.
PacifistAg
AG
Aggrad08 said:

I think Martin is trolling, but creationist arguments are actually too stupid to pin down between troll and sincerity.
While 99% of his schtick is trolling, sadly I don't think this is one of those times.
Martin Q. Blank
I'm waiting on the debunking and pro-science arguments. Especially from Dr. Watson who I assume is frantically googling right now.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I'm waiting on the debunking and pro-science arguments. Especially from Dr. Watson who I assume is frantically googling right now.
Here you go. This seems to have a lot of sciency jargon: http://www.geocentrismdebunked.org/
Martin Q. Blank
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Here you go. This seems to have a lot of sciency jargon: http://www.geocentrismdebunked.org/

I see your website and raise you two more.
http://geocentrism.com/
http://www.fixedearth.com/
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

I see your website and raise you two more.
http://geocentrism.com/
http://www.fixedearth.com/
I don't really see much science in there, although that first link looks like it was created using geocities. They seem to be focused on their fundamentalist reading of Scripture, and cherry picking points while saying anything that doesn't agree with it is a fraud and anti-Christ.

Heck, even Answers in Genesis thinks Marshall Hall's book on the subject (your second link) is "gobbledegook".
Martin Q. Blank
I didn't read the websites I posted. But they seemed to have a lot of sciency jargon. I'm going to take a break until Watson shows back up.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I didn't read the websites I posted. But they seemed to have a lot of sciency jargon. I'm going to take a break until Watson shows back up.
But they really didn't have much "sciency jargon". I know you love copying my statements to try to turn them around, but you've actually not presented a shred of scientific support for geocentrism. All you've basically said is "well, the Bible said the sun stopped, and if the earth stopped, everyone would have gone flying off of it" and "I walk outside and see the stars move across the sky". As I said, you are a great example of why many consider Christians to be anti-science.

Then again, you could just be trolling, as per your usual form.
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I believe you're trolling as you often do, but do you believe in general relativity? What force is it that you believe drives the motion of the planets?
P.C. Principal
Martin Q. Blank said:

It's because believing in a 6000 year old universe is about equal to believing in a flat earth, in terms of ridiculousness.

Yes, really.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Not really. Your trolling can occasionally be fun. This is just tedious.
747Ag
AG
Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

I believe you're trolling as you often do, but do you believe in general relativity? What force is it that you believe drives the motion of the planets?
TRAPPISTS
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

mmm...your googling showed that geocentrism is valid. sad.
Martin Q. Blank
Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes, I took PHYS 222. I actually got an A on all three exams so I didn't have to take the final.
Martin Q. Blank
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

But they really didn't have much "sciency jargon". I know you love copying my statements to try to turn them around, but you've actually not presented a shred of scientific support for geocentrism. All you've basically said is "well, the Bible said the sun stopped, and if the earth stopped, everyone would have gone flying off of it" and "I walk outside and see the stars move across the sky". As I said, you are a great example of why many consider Christians to be anti-science.

Then again, you could just be trolling, as per your usual form.
1. The Bible said the sun stopped. True.
2. If the earth stopped, everyone would have gone flying off of it. True. https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/q1168.html
3. I walk outside and see the stars move across the sky. True.

How is that anti-science? Observation and everything.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

mmm...your googling showed that geocentrism is valid. sad.

You forgot the hashtag.
Woody2006
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Woody2006 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes, I took PHYS 222. I actually got an A on all three exams so I didn't have to take the final.
You believe in general relativity, so you do believe that it is the curvature created in spacetime due to the mass of objects that drive the motions of said objects?

Just want to make sure we are on the same page.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

1. The Bible said the sun stopped. True.
2. If the earth stopped, everyone would have gone flying off of it. True. https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/q1168.html
3. I walk outside and see the stars move across the sky. True.
1) Perhaps it's the appearance that the sun stopped, which would be created if the earth stopped spinning. The Scriptures also talk about stars falling from the sky and the moon no longer "give its light". Well, the moon doesn't actually give light. It simply reflects it. Do you think the stars are literally going to "fall" as well. If the earth stopped spinning, it would certainly appear that the sun stopped to those on the ground.
2) Not if God didn't want them to. Why do you limit the power of God so much?
3) I walk outside and the horizon looks flat, therefore the earth is flat, right?

Well, darn. Looks like I got sucked in by his trolling again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.