What happened to the dinosaurs?

11,017 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Woody2006
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why did everything else make it?
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Other species haven't gone extinct?
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
Everything went extinct?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
quote:

They gone. Sumlin lost control of them.
schmendeler
AG
quote:

You mean everything that didn't go extinct? Why didn't it go extinct? Because it survived. What an odd question.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Everything went extinct?
Nope, and that's not what my question implies. Your question implies that nothing other than dinosaurs has gone extinct.

But, as usual, this is clearly not intended to be a serious discussion, so have at it.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
Magic
srx
AG
They fell off the ark.

Idiots.
SapperAg
AG
quote:

Dinosaurs are still with us. You see them every single day. We just call them birds.

And "everything else," didn't make it. Roughly half of all mammalian species died during the K-T event along with dozens of marine species and all of the Pterosaurs. Approximately 70% of terrestrial life died in that event. And that wasn't even the worst mass extinction. The End-Permian extinction wiped out over 90% of all life. The vast majority of species that have ever existed on this planet are extinct.
747Ag
AG
quote:
Magic
Show me more!
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

You mean everything that didn't go extinct? Why didn't it go extinct? Because it survived. What an odd question.

It is almost like the changing environment over time selected which ones would survive and which ones wouldn't. Someone should explore this idea further it could turn out to be a big deal.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
Q: What happened to the dinosaurs in which they went extinct and everything else survived?
A: Because they went extinct and everything else survived.

Brilliant!
schmendeler
AG
Can we skip the part where you pretend like you really want to know more about it and jump to the part with your gotcha or whatever nonsense you're planning to post?
Win At Life
AG
Dinosaurs still exist. Here's a photo of one.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
can we really say they went extinct when it is well documented that they had a resurgence (albeit brief) in the 90s?

schmendeler
AG
quote:

Pretty sure crocodiles coexisted with dinosaurs
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Can we skip the part where you pretend like you really want to know more about it and jump to the part with your gotcha or whatever nonsense you're planning to post?
I'm guessing science hasn't written this chapter in their bible. Otherwise we'd hear about what happened, the "obvious evidence", and any denier is a fairy believing science hater.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm guessing science hasn't written this chapter in their bible. Otherwise we'd hear about what happened, the "obvious evidence", and any denier is a fairy believing science hater.

are you familiar with these things called "books"? They contain information. Often found in university libraries. In fact, there are even books written about geology, a subset of which contain information about dinosaurs and other prehistoric lifeforms, including when and why certain ones went extinct.
PacifistAg
AG
But your question is based on a false premise that everything else survived whatever killed the dinosaurs. Or are you just ignoring Sapper's post?

quote:
And "everything else," didn't make it. Roughly half of all mammalian species died during the K-T event along with dozens of marine species and all of the Pterosaurs. Approximately 70% of terrestrial life died in that event. And that wasn't even the worst mass extinction. The End-Permian extinction wiped out over 90% of all life. The vast majority of species that have ever existed on this planet are extinct.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
quote:
But your question is based on a false premise that everything else survived whatever killed the dinosaurs. Or are you just ignoring Sapper's post?

quote:

Don't make the mistake of attempting to have an honest conversation. It's a fool's errand. No one is actually trying to learn anything in here.
Martin Q. Blank
I typically don't read Sapper's posts past the first sentence. He just regurgitates wikipedia in common man English trying to look smart.

"K-T event". Is this what happened to the dinosaurs?
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Don't make the mistake of attempting to have an honest conversation. It's a fool's errand. No one is actually trying to learn anything in here.
You're right. MQB being MQB.
SapperAg
AG
quote:

Someone failed biology.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
I typically don't read Sapper's posts past the first sentence. He just regurgitates wikipedia in common man English trying to look smart.

You're so witty. But seriously, you should start with Dinosaur Train. A three year old has a better sense of Dinosaur evolution.
Martin Q. Blank
Good talk folks. Something happened, they went extinct, other stuff didn't. Don't ask more questions.

In the name of evolution, science, and big bang, to them be the glory, amen.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
Good talk folks. Something happened, they went extinct, other stuff didn't. Don't ask more questions.

They didn't go extinct. Birds still exist.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
quote:

Jim Hogg is angry
AG
quote:

Cal State fired a scientist for finding soft tissue on triceratop bones a few years back.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:

Who said don't ask questions? My issue is with your initial premise that only dinosaurs went extinct. The other stuff, I don't really care about.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Cal State fired a scientist for finding soft tissue on triceratop bones a few years back.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
schmendeler
AG
What did it taste like?
PA24
AG
"Dinosaurs are still with us. You see them every single day. We just call them birds."

Global warming did them in and they turned into birds, a hummingbird used to be a T-Rex

Some folks will believe anything
PacifistAg
AG
I remember when I went to a fundamentalist school, Ken Hamm came and visited and talked about sightings of large, dinosaur-like, creatures deep in the jungles of Africa. He said the descriptions fit those of dinosaurs perfectly.

In hindsight, I believe it was Hamm that said that. Could have been one of my teachers though.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
"Dinosaurs are still with us. You see them every single day. We just call them birds."

Global warming did them in and they turned into birds, a hummingbird used to be a T-Rex

Some folks will believe anything

Evolution seems to be a real problem for you to get a handle on. T. Rex is more of a cousin.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
quote:
I remember when I went to a fundamentalist school, Ken Hamm came and visited and talked about sightings of large, dinosaur-like, creatures deep in the jungles of Africa. He said the descriptions fit those of dinosaurs perfectly.

In hindsight, I believe it was Hamm that said that. Could have been one of my teachers though.
Which school?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.