What happened to the dinosaurs?

11,030 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Woody2006
SapperAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Those literally look like something I would see if a five year old boy came up with a totally cool new animal.
Nothing new about them. That's what Paleontologists have uncovered in the last 20 years.
The drawings or those creatures encapsulated in ice?

Huh? Work in China in the late 90s began uncovering hundreds of fossils of theropod Dinosaurs with feather impressions. Since then they've taken more care while excavating fossils around the globe and have caught more and more such impressions.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
I think this would be a good place for MQB to start:

I have found it fascinating the amount of dinosaurs in children's literature and TV shows. Every kids TV show I watch has multiple episodes on dinosaurs. It's like the circus bearded lady of science.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Those literally look like something I would see if a five year old boy came up with a totally cool new animal.
Nothing new about them. That's what Paleontologists have uncovered in the last 20 years.
The drawings or those creatures encapsulated in ice?
Huh? Work in China in the late 90s began uncovering hundreds of fossils of theropod Dinosaurs with feather impressions. Since then they've taken more care while excavating fossils around the globe and have caught more and more such impressions.
And boom! Perfect renditions of what they should look like. How far science has come.
SapperAg
AG
Who said they were perfect? Coloration is subjective (though we know Microraptor had shiny black feathers), but the feather coverings are fairly well known (some conjecture on T. Rex).
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I have found it fascinating the amount of dinosaurs in children's literature and TV shows. Every kids TV show I watch has multiple episodes on dinosaurs. It's like the circus bearded lady of science.

Kids find them fascinating, understandably. They provide an excellent introduction to the life and earth sciences and are crucial for understanding the evolution of life on this planet.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kids find them fascinating, understandably. They provide an excellent introduction to the life and earth sciences and are crucial for understanding the evolution of life on this planet.
Kids find them fascinating like I find a bearded lady fascinating. In the vast field of knowledge, they should receive a minuscule amount of our attention (if any) while educating. Yet, every other children's episode on TV I sit through or book I read contains some story about them. Should we spend time teaching them about bearded ladies? For shock value, yes. For education, no.

The stories paleontologists tell us are so far fetched, it could hardly be called science anymore. I get that we have to replace the antiquated Bible stories with something, but come on.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kids find them fascinating like I find a bearded lady fascinating. In the vast field of knowledge, they should receive a minuscule amount of our attention (if any) while educating. Yet, every other children's episode on TV I sit through or book I read contains some story about them. Should we spend time teaching them about bearded ladies? For shock value, yes. For education, no.

Kids are fascinated by them at a far deeper and more fundamental level. You might grasp that if you took your head out of your ass. They offer excellent opportunities for teaching a wide range of subjects that kids would not be naturally inclined to grasp.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
The stories paleontologists tell us are so far fetched, it could hardly be called science anymore. I get that we have to replace the antiquated Bible stories with something, but come on.

I see. What training do you have and what reading have you done in the field that allows you to glibly dismiss their work?
Martin Q. Blank

quote:
Kids are fascinated by them at a far deeper and more fundamental level.
I'm sure you want to believe that. Your own little religion. They're toys to play with. Nothing more.
SapperAg
AG
quote:

quote:
I'm sure you want to believe that. Your own little religion. They're toys to play with. Nothing more.

Not from what I've seen. You should see how engaged kids get in a classroom and in a museum when Dinosaurs are brought up.
Citizen Reign
quote:

quote:
What's hilarious is people form opinions and stick to them based on idol thought. Like, nothing man does could possibly effect the earth. For some reason, they feel like because they put some thought into the subject, they're correct based on what seems logical to them. Their idol thought means more than thousands of trained scientist who have extensively researched hundreds of theories. Not to mention all of the overlapping proof from various specialized fields.

Some dinosaurs couldn't possibly be related to birds just because ... well, that doesn't sound right. Essentially, what they are saying is education is irrelevant. Let's all exist on gut feelings and ignore factual evidence. Let's completely ignore the accumulation of knowledge and believe everything an ancient book tells us. They're the same people that rationalize everyillogical verse in the bible.

Gut feelings can be useful but mean nothing in terms of complex subject matter. You still have to prove that your gut is correct.

My gut tells me the bible is a work of fiction written as a moral compass for a growing population. Yes, I believe there is a higher power. But, I freely admit that I'm far too ignorant to have even the slightest comprehension as to who or what is responsible for our existence. Anyone claiming they know for sure s 100% FOS, ignorant, and arrogant as hell to boot.
Thanks, I crossed out the relevant passages in your treatise then.
Makes since. You block out anything that you might not agree with.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:

quote:
Not from what I've seen. You should see how engaged kids get in a classroom and in a museum when Dinosaurs are brought up.
You should see how engaged kids get in a classroom when a TV is rolled in for "movie day." In the realm of knowledge, dinosaurs are literally toys to play with. How they get so much attention is not surprising.
Martin Q. Blank
ANYWAY, what happened to the dinosaurs? Did evolution get them, meteor, some other story that has yet to become "accepted science"?
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
You should see how engaged kids get in a classroom when a TV is rolled in for "movie day." In the realm of knowledge, dinosaurs are literally toys to play with. How they get so much attention is not surprising.

Lol. You have a narrowness of mind to challenge WinaGs. Congrats.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
ANYWAY, what happened to the dinosaurs? Did evolution get them, meteor, some other story that has yet to become "accepted science"?

Birds branched off from Theropod Dinosaurs and survive to this day. Nonavian Dinosaurs died out in the aftermath of a large meteor strike.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
Birds branched off from Theropod Dinosaurs and survive to this day. Nonavian Dinosaurs died out in the aftermath of a large meteor strike.
How sure are you of this?
schmendeler
AG
did martin forget his medicine today? or did he take an extra dose? dinosaurs are a religion?
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That birds are Dinosaurs? 100%. That an asteroid wiped out nonavian Dinosaurs? 99%.
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:

I see. What training do you have and what reading have you done in the field that allows you to glibly dismiss their work?
He doesn't believe in education based on physical evidence. It's all about ... "my gut provides more proof than an unearthed dinosaur". If he stood in front it and touched it, he'd launch into some idiotic ramblings about real proof.

His name Blank is a reference to his mind.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That birds are Dinosaurs? 100%. That an asteroid wiped out nonavian Dinosaurs? 99%.
Just to get a gauge of how sure you are of things given evidence...how sure are you
-OJ Simpson was guilty?
-JFK was shot by a lone assassin Lee Harvey Oswald?
-Neil Armstrong landed on the moon?

Duncan Idaho
quote:
He's sowed spewed nothing but venom at me, while not knowing anything about me. He's the least Christian Christian I know

I guess you werent around for notafraid
boboguitar
AG
Martin is nothing but an arrogant troll.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
talk to text again? I've noticed your "idol thoughts" and "makes since" so I figured it had to be that.
Polecat
MQB is nixter's sock.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Atheists get their dinosaur given feathers all rustled when someone questions their 100% for sure religion.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:
Atheists get their dinosaur given feathers all rustled when someone questions their 100% for sure religion.
Seems like you're the arrogant FOS poster on this thread.
Citizen Reign
quote:

quote:
You claimed to know for sure. You're 100% FOS, ignorant, and arrogant as hell to boot.
would love to know where you read that
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
You claimed to know for sure. You're 100% FOS, ignorant, and arrogant as hell to boot.
would love to know where you read that

I learned from another thread that if you actually ask him to give evidence to his attacks on posters he quickly disappears from the thread.
Rubicante
AG
I can understand why someone would want to discount evolution if they are determined to stay a YEC, but why would you be so against the fact that dinosaurs had feathers? Do you have a vintage Jurassic Park collection that won't mean as much to you if you were to accept that they were no longer biologically accurate?
Citizen Reign
quote:
talk to text again? I've noticed your "idol thoughts" and "makes since" so I figured it had to be that.
Excuse my spelling, it's not my strength. I type fast and don't often have the time or care to proof.

However, if calling that out helps you avoid any factual base arguments, I'm all for it. Many on here are already keen to your repeated avoidance on discussions that truly challenge your beliefs.

Let me know when you want to revisit the other thread where I question your blinding faith in the Catholic Church and their every growing list of homosexual and pedo priest. Because there is really no way for anyone to defend that, I'm sure I will continue to hear nothing but crickets.
John Maplethorpe
AG
quote:

I knew more about this in 3rd grade than you do. I feel sorry for you because i suspect it's not your fault. Only being indoctrinated at a young age to despise science and curiosity could get an adult to this point. You missed out on a lot of fascinating stuff.
Frok
AG
Nevermind. I realized this thread is actually serious. Thought everyone was being sarcastic.
John Maplethorpe
AG
We're all just trying to figure out what point is trying to be made. What do dinosaurs represent as a problem to science? The chicxulub crater has been found, it's100 miles across. There's an iridium layer at the KT boundary everywhere on earth. He's trying to spring a trap, but has no idea how to open the box it came in.
Rubicante
AG
quote:
Only being indoctrinated at a young age to despise science and curiosity could get an adult to this point.
Indoctrination isn't as bad as people make it out to be; there's lots of cool crafts and tasty snacks!

http://truthquest.net/vbs-truerassic-park.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.