L0ST

13,070 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie_Boomin 21
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

But the producers were totally just throwing **** at the wall the last few seasons
You have to give them a little bit of credit, bc they were the first to ever just walk away and be able to wind that down with them.

In 2007, you weren't able to just shut down a hit network show with a 3 year plan.
GreasenUSA
AG
John's episode, Walkabout, S01E04, is where I was truly hooked.

The Porkchop Express
AG
GreasenUSA said:

John's episode, Walkabout, S01E04, is where I was truly hooked.

That's our next one to watch.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Yoda
AG
Loved John Locke

aTmLoKi
AG
Yoda said:

Loved John Locke

The John Locke from the early seasons was great.
The Porkchop Express
AG
aTmLoKi said:

Yoda said:

Loved John Locke

The John Locke from the early seasons was great.
I'm not looking forward to watching Ben Linus mentally destroy him over time.
Yoda
AG
I think you meant Henry Gale, who is merely a humble hot air balloon enthusiast who recently lost his beloved wife.

The Porkchop Express
AG
As my girls watched the first meeting with the smoke monster last night, I got these responses on what they thought it was.

A gator. Like a really big gator
A leopard
A tiger
A giant tarantula
redline248
AG
Keep us updated on their reaction when they realize it's just an angry little brother
bonfarr
AG
The Wire is tops
Thunderstruck xx
Ghost of Bisbee said:

L0ST is the best TV show of all time. No others come close.
Am I right or am I right?

Stream now on Netflix.

Who's your favorite cast member?

Jesus, no. Not even close.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Girls and I watched Walkabout a while ago. Still excellent. Neither one of them saw it coming about Locke, although it's remarkable how many hints they give. Question of the night was one of them saying, "Is there something in his shoe?" when they keep showing him looking at his toe.
Aggie Dad 26
Moral High Horse said:

I did a rewatch a few years back. It was very good to start off then I'm assuming the writers strike and laziness took hold. I did enjoy the finale but there was a noticeable decline.

+1
Moral High Horse
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
20ag07 said:

Remember when Redstone spoiled "We have to go back?" the day of the S3 finale?

I was fortunate to have missed that one.

17 years later, however, I still remember that jackass doing that.

Why the **** would he do this? I can't stand people deliberately not using spoiler tags
Redstone
AG
We should definitely use spoiler tags when discussing sensitive speculations - the decent thing to do, which is why I do.
Aggie Dad 26
Best TV show ever? No. It began to flail
Best pilot ever? It's up there

Kate was the hottest
Sawyer was my favorite

I did initially have Jack as my favorite but Sawyer became so likeable
20ag07
There was nothing decent about what you did.

Nor was it "speculation", because you'd never even seen a full episode of the show.
Frok
AG
It might be my favorite show of all time. Each week was like a sporting event for me, I would watch the new episode and then listen to morning radio the next day to hear it discussed.

I don't know if another show has matched the fanfare the show had.
AustinAg2K
I miss shows like Lost. It's probably the main reason why I don't love the binge watching model of streaming TV. I really enjoyed everyone talking about the same episode the next day. Nowadays, you have to be so careful about discussing a TV show because you never know if someone will spoil something for you, or if you'll spoil something for someone else. Even a show like House of the Dragon, which is released weekly, is difficult because there are so many people who spoil stuff because they know the source material. Lost definitely has its problems, but it is still my favorite "TV Experience."
Aggie Dad 26
I'm currently rewatching it and I'm on the 5th episode. Brings back some good memories. Lots of this I had forgotten
cav14
Coincidentally Ryan from Screencrush just released a video breaking down his thoughts on the show. Agree with everything he said especially how a lot of people hated the ending mainly because they misunderstood what the Flash sideways exactly was. But most importantly the characters and all of their amazing arcs throughout the entire series is what made the show so great in the end.

Carlo4
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I miss shows like Lost. It's probably the main reason why I don't love the binge watching model of streaming TV. I really enjoyed everyone talking about the same episode the next day. Nowadays, you have to be so careful about discussing a TV show because you never know if someone will spoil something for you, or if you'll spoil something for someone else. Even a show like House of the Dragon, which is released weekly, is difficult because there are so many people who spoil stuff because they know the source material. Lost definitely has its problems, but it is still my favorite "TV Experience."
Well said. I never watched the show until I binged watched post finale, and I never felt like I had anyone to talk to about theories or scenes as it was already over live. Definitely missed that, but was able to enjoy two seasons of GOT with it live.

Funny side note: ABC had a 1 hour recap prior to the 2 hour finale. I had several friends recommend that I watch the 1 hour recap and let me know when my "head exploded" trying to understand everything... I couldn't follow a damn thing, but my head exploded when the "island disappeared". They took bets on when I gave up on it.

GoAgs92
AG
Such a great show........for two seasons.
Jim01
AG
THIS.

I rewatched a few years back and still loved it. One of my all time favorites. Was it crazy at times and did it have some misses? Sure, but it was an amazing ride and overall great.

On original airing I was in from episode 1. I watched the finale live and didn't know what to make of it. After time time to process I rewatched the next day and was a crying mess.

What always drove me nuts was the crowd that would complain "they were dead the whole time"? because they didn't understand it. Or "none of the questions were answered", when almost all the major ones were. Sure there were abandoned story lines but things like "What was the island?", "What was the smoke monster?", "What were the numbers?" were all answered.
texas_ute
texas_ute
AG
I never watched Lost. And to this day, I don't know how it ends. I've avoided the spoilers!

Is it worth watching at this point? Since we are always needing a new family show (I feel like we've watched all the obvious ones), is it appropriate for a 12 and 14 year-old?
ElephantRider
AG
texas_ute said:

I never watched Lost. And to this day, I don't know how it ends. I've avoided the spoilers!

Is it worth watching at this point? Since we are always needing a new family show (I feel like we've watched all the obvious ones), is it appropriate for a 12 and 14 year-old?

Do it!
20ag07
It's a network drama from the 2000s, that followed standards and practices. One that aired at 7/8pm rather than the network more 9pm adult hour.

Cursing is light and rare.

Violence is heavy, given the nature of the show, but is never gruesome.

Sex is occasionally referred to but never shown.

There's nothing here at all that would concern me with a 12 year old.
agracer
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I don't think it was laziness as much as the writers didn't have a plan for what to do after the first season or two.

Might have been better as a British style 2 series and done.
Like every JJ Abrams project (cough, Star Wars, cough).....
TexasAggie_02
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C-HVF6muPEM
The Porkchop Express
AG
Kids and I finished Season 1 (their first time watching) on Saturday night and watched the Season 2 premiere yesterday. A few fun observations seeing it through their eyes for the first time.

Really interesting to see how connected they are to Walt (maybe 2 years older than him) and so scared for him getting taken.

Super paranoid that every character is about to die ever since Boone died.

Really good conversations about Sawyer, who is of course hilarious, but also an A-hole a lot of the time. Not a lot of characters like that in their wheelhouse of tween shows.

Both totally freaked out Rousseau was going to kill Claire's baby.

One exclaiming, 'CHARLIE YOU IDIOT" when they showed him with the heroin from the plane in his bag.

Both of them 100000% on edge as Jack explores the hatch with Michael Giachiano's incredibly tense score.
LMCane
this was the most popular social event for several years in the USA

there were literal blogs analyzing the philosophical underpinnings of the show since so many of the characters were named after philosophers

and yet now- a decade later almost none of the cast has made it as a star.

maybe the Korean guy is still around and the british gnome was in the LOTR movies.

Kate is a conservative pretty much just hanging out now and doing an occassional podcast

anyone seen sawyer in ten years?

and Jack was black balled from hollywood for beating his ex wife.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Kate was in quite a few MCU movies and she was in the Hobbit movies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.