*** THE BATMAN UNIVERSE ***

32,884 Views | 298 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by TCTTS
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HBO has been the king of prestige TV for 20 years and the king of muddying its brand for 4.

Simplifying all show branding to HBO is a smart step back in the right direction

But they still have to change the name of Max back to HBO as well or folks will continue to be confused about what all of it means.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. "Max" is so terrible.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
TCTTS said:

Did Max make True Detective season 4 then double down and re-sign with the same hacks for season 5?
TCTTS
AG
Can we please not do this here?
The Porkchop Express
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

TCTTS said:

Did Max make True Detective season 4 then double down and re-sign with the same hacks for season 5?
Cross posting is illegal. Nobody has ever done it before. I'm embarassed for you.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Aggiecadet
Is it just me? I don't really like these superheroes series
Aggiecadet
AgfromHOU
AG
Excelsior said:

Is it just me? I don't really like these superheroes series

I would hardly count anything from The Batman's universe as superhero. The Penguin will basically be a mob/mafia/crime show with no superpowers, just non powered comic book characters
TCTTS
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
They even have an Iceberg Lounge. Really wish I was going this year.
TCTTS
AG
That's pretty cool.
AgfromHOU
AG
TCTTS
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C9xx7eVSVDt

FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

I like that news, because you gotta assume not a lot of time elapses during the course of The Penguin. Which in turn means Batman 2 shouldn't feature some sup'ed up new Batman with a bunch of new gadgets and new suit. He'll still be prototype Batman, just with a different attitude. Love it.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I think enough time will pass to clean up the flood, and that's probably it. Because half the city looks to be underwater at the end of the first movie, but then there are plenty of shots in The Penguin trailer where the water seems to be completely gone. So maybe a few months?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Really hoping there's some news for The Batman Part II at the panel tomorrow as well. Technically, it's a panel specifically for The Penguin, but Matt Reeves will be there and surely the topic will come up.
AgfromHOU
AG

Hangman!!
PatAg
AG
Didnt realize we had the conversation here, I think this show looks potentially amazing
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it looks fantastic. Can't wait.
TCTTS
AG
So it's airing on THURSDAYS, not Sundays, as previously assumed. That would make this HBO's first drama series not to air on a Sunday or a Monday night. Unless it releases on Max on Thursdays, but then airs on HBO three days later on HBO? No idea...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
MrPlow2010
AG
Can't wait for the Penguin show but I really wish Batman 2 was coming out sooner.
AgfromHOU
AG
Watching the trailer with subtitles, and Johnny Viti is in this. Between that and the Hangman reference with Sofia Falcone, Reeves is going all in with The Long Halloween/Dark Victory.

It'll be really cool if there's another series in between The Batman 2 and 3.

Meant thumbs up
TCTTS
AG
From the very end of Jeff Sneider's newsletter tonight, and when he frames things like this it usually means if it's not a done deal already, it's pretty damn close. In other words, I would bet on a Riddler return...

Quote:

Speaking of dreaming, I know Colin Farrell's Penguin will be back in The Batman Part II, but don't be surprised if Paul Dano's Riddler returns as well, as I feel like he has unfinished business in Matt Reeves' Gotham.
TCTTS
AG
With the continued rumors that Barry Keoghan will also be returning as the Joker, it's sounding more and more like Batman will certainly have his hands full this go around, considering there will almost assuredly be a new big bad as well. Clayface has always been the rumor, but either way it's sounding like [Mystery Villain X] at the center, then Penguin, Riddler, and Joker in the periphery to whatever degree.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, and then there were of course the rumors of Josh Hartnett and Joel Edgerton for Harvey Dent. No idea if either of those castings, or the character itself, will pan out, but just another potential character / (eventual) villain to add to the pile...
Sex Panther
AG
I thought it was all but confirmed it was Hush... was that just a rumor?
TCTTS
AG
It looks like you might be right, it's hard to keep track.

Clayface was rumored first, and for a longer period of time. Basically starting immediately after the release of the first movie up until last year.

But doing some quick research just now, the Hush rumors picked up steam toward the end of last year, and come from two sources I trust, who have proven themselves in the past.

That said, people then started saying Hush's story is too similar to Riddler's, and that's when the Clayface rumor came up again, so maybe that's where I got that.

Or maybe it's ultimately some combination of the two?

With filming set to begin early next year, surely we'll learn whoever it is relatively soon, seeing as they're going to have to cast him in the next two or three months, I imagine.
TCTTS
AG
Wes97
AG
TCTTS said:

Well damn. The same day as Rear Window is playing at Cinemark. Was already planning on going to that.
Sea Speed
AG
I wish I didn't have to pay for another streaming service to keep up with the movies

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.