*** Only Murders In The Building - Season 2 ***

8,348 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by aggiephoenix02
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I gave up after episode 1.

It was the typical "Season 2" issues. Writers felt like they had to "jumbo size" everything that worked in Season 1 and end up losing all the subtle things that made the first season work.

Schumer has never been funny and didn't start being funny on that show.
torrid
AG
I was thrilled with the first season, but yeah the second season has been a major disappointment.
Humorous Username
AG
Wife and I have been talking about getting Hulu primarily to watch this show.

Is season 1 great enough to warrant getting Hulu? Or is season 2 so bad that we should wait to see if season 3 is better than season 2 and the show isn't a one season wonder?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Started the second season last night and watched the first 3 episodes, I generally have the same complaints as everyone else after liking season 1.

Incredible the writers are this out of touch… Adding Schumer and Rappaport instantly made the show less likable, and the last thing it needed after season one was giving Selena Gomez more centrally focused screen time.
walton91
I'm still enjoying this show, mostly due to the interaction of Steve Martin and Martin Short. Certainly not as good as the first season but still a fun watch.
torrid
AG
It just suddenly got much, much better.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They alleviated the main issue I had.
c-jags
Definitely Not A Cop said:

They alleviated the main issue I had.
Selena Gomez in very baggy clothes? i think her reaction to medicine from earlier in the season settled down. not judging, just noticeable difference in her appearance last night.

my current hypothesis is that Kreps and Cinda planted evidence in OK to be the podcast to solve the murder. Cinda found out Becky was still alive and blackmailed her to come work on her. Cinda got butthurt about Only Murders upstaging her and either looked to kill Mabel and blame Charles and Oliver, but got Bunny instead or picked up on their dislike for her and killed her to frame the three
AgTrip
Diggity said:

I gave up after episode 1.

It was the typical "Season 2" issues. Writers felt like they had to "jumbo size" everything that worked in Season 1 and end up losing all the subtle things that made the first season work.

Schumer has never been funny and didn't start being funny on that show.
Bingo...I saw Schumer and haven't watched it since. I was on the fence to begin with but that just pushed me over. First season was fun though.
Quinn
AG
I totally forgot that Amy Schumer was in this season until seeing this post. Don't think she's been in it since episode 1 or 2.

I've enjoyed this season again, though I feel like it's been a little messier story wise than last year. Still fun to hangout with the cast for 30 min each week.
AgGrad99
AG
Im still really liking this show. It's fluff/fun, and I enjoy the banter between the characters.

I dont think its that different than season 1, and liked how they basically extended the first story line instead of inserting an unrelated story.

And yeah, Schumer was barely in the show.
c-jags
AgGrad99 said:

Im still really liking this show. It's fluff/fun, and I enjoy the banter between the characters.

I dont think its that different than season 1, and liked how they basically extended the first story line instead of inserting an unrelated story.

And yeah, Schumer was barely in the show.

Yeah Schumer (while terrible and not the least bit funny) was just in it for a hot second and gone.

I have enjoyed this season towards the end and agree about it being an extension of season 1…. that being said, Big little Lies season 2 did the same thing and was an awful but well acted product.

The problem was that it took away from how good season one was. Don't see that here, but it's still on the radar.
Iowaggie
AG
LawHall88 said:

This seems odd they announce this before season 2 is over. It's as if to apologize for this season and promise to do better, but it is still considered a highly rated show on RT.
Gigem314
AG
walton91 said:

I'm still enjoying this show, mostly due to the interaction of Steve Martin and Martin Short. Certainly not as good as the first season but still a fun watch.
My wife is more into it than I am, but my whole reason for sticking with it is Steven Martin and Martin Short. I could watch them banter in anything, regardless of the plot. Hopefully this isn't the last time we see them teaming up.
jeffk
AG
I did greatly appreciate the Mohicans quote.
Stupe
S
FL_Ag1998 said:

double aught said:

What does it mean when a mystery is shaggier?

It means the critic is trying to sound smarter than he really is.
Trying not to sound as dumb as they are would be more accurate.
Rick Dalton
AG
I never realized Selena Gomez had such large breasticles.
C1NRB
AG
I was looking forward to tonight's season finale and it didn't terribly disappoint.
I figured there would be some sort of twist and they did the best they could.
Looking forward to Season 3 when it comes out, for Paul Rudd if nothing else.
Quinn
AG
I was kind of bummed out. Definitely some funny physical comedy from Steve Martin, but maybe the weakest episode of the series. Not terrible or anything like that, but kind of meh in my book. Still looking forward to Season 3, though.
birdman
I thought it was terrific. Great finale.
frenchtoast
I've enjoyed the whole series, but I'd love Martin & Short in anything.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I enjoyed it.

But I definitely felt it was a fake knife and I thought the art friend was a misdirection as well.

Still pretty well played out. Still could have been one of three people but I was not surprised at who it was.

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Not as good as season one, but anybody who bailed because Amy Schumer was on the screen for five minutes (that's the extent of her involvement for the whole season) missed out on a pretty entertaining season. Definitely looking forward to season 3.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yep, I knew it was too good to expect Eyebrows to just go away like that in the last episode.

Hopefully she won't return in Season 3, but regardless I still enjoyed this season and I'm looking forward to the next one.
AgGrad99
AG
Martin Short: 'Don't blame the playa, blame the game...bruh'

Selena: 'No, don't ever do that'
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I loved this. I may not have it exactly right but...

Howard "And I only actually fainted once, the other times were acting."

made me lol
AustinAg2K
Early prediction for season 3... Paul Rudd isn't dead. It's all part of the play. It would be a murder outside the building, so they wouldn't podcast about it. Someone else will die in episode 1.
LMCane
CrottyKid said:

It was only a matter of time until it got gayer.
SO MUCH THIS
LMCane
Rick Dalton said:

I never realized Selena Gomez had such large breasticles.
this may be the most shocking revelation on the entire Ags site
AgGrad99
AG
I also really like how the show pokes fun of itself, within the dialogue.

For example, when the fans of the podcast were talking about how they need to move the story along, etc. Those little throw-away moments make me chuckle.

Looking forward to Paul Rudd next season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I also really like how the show pokes fun of itself, within the dialogue.

For example, when the fans of the podcast were talking about how they need to move the story along, etc. Those little throw-away moments make me chuckle.

Looking forward to Paul Rudd next season.

Or at the beginning when Martin Short deadpanned "Well this does not feel like a final episode yet" referring to the podcast.

The inside jokes like that and their comedic timing is just perfection.

Martin short should get an Emmy for his facial reactions and muttering grunts alone.
AgGrad99
AG
I love Martin Short....and his dip obsession.
GoAgs92
AG
Seems like they just ripped off Knives Out

You did this vs 14 Savage

Fake knife vs fake knife

Hot Latina in a murder mystery

Still overall an entertaining season
Big Al 1992
AG
First few episodes were a beating. Talked into finishing it. Final 3 episodes got better. I'll watch the next season.
jeffk
AG
birdman said:

I thought it was terrific. Great finale.

Loved the finale. Was putting the pieces together as the episode played out which was a lot of fun.

Also enjoyed the Father of the Bride callback (party pooper).
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.