*** The Boys - Season 3 ***

42,026 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MooreTrucker
TexAg2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have never seen or heard that Pepsi commercial, but figured A Train's commercial was a knock on something in real life. This show does such a good job of making fun of all sides
ABATTBQ11
AG
Zeke1995 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Zeke1995 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I was halfway expecting the Deep to get a seafood salad. Just to reinforce the point.

This show does a great job of bashing all sides of the social and political spectrum. It's great satire.

They are also doing a great job of making everyone bad in a way that's ironic. Butcher getting Homelander powers and now Hughie getting A Train speed. They become those they most hate.

I thought Hughie teleported, which is why his jump suit got left behind and he had to stand around naked for a bit.

Teleportation = Infinite speed
Teleportation would be moving from point A to point B while not occupying any point between A and B at any point during the journey. Running real fast (but sub-infinite speed, like A-Train) means moving from point A to point B while still occupying each point between A and B however briefly during the journey.

Clothes and underwear remaining behind (yet untorn and not shredded) at point A and hanging in mid-air for a second before falling to the floor while you arrive at point B completely nude = something other than running real fast.

Running vs teleporting has nothing to do with it.

Speed = d/t
Speed = (A-B) / (t(A)-t(B))
Where t(A) = t(B), (A-B)/(t(A)-t(B)) = (A-B)/0 = infinity
Where delta t is 0, speed is infinite.

As to the, "Teleportation would be moving from point A to point B while not occupying any point between A and B at any point during the journey," if you were to move from A to B in 0 t, you would actually occupy every point between A and B at t(n), with n being the instant of your move. Don't forget, you are moving through spacetime, which has 4 dimensions. In this hypothetical case, you are moving through the (x,y,z) dimensions and not the (t) dimension.. Think of it like drawing a line in 3D space that is perpendicular to the z axis. Your line is in an (x,y) plane but occupying a single z for all of its points. If you tried to find a location on your line where z=n, all points would satisfy the condition and your line would occupy all (x,y) points between A and B at z=n. In that same vein, if you move through (x,y,z,t) space for a single t, you occupy all (x,y,z) points between A and B for all t(n). Thus, if you were to teleport, you don't occupy 0 points between A and B, you occupy ALL points between A and B.
Zeke1995
AG
Your fancy equations and such don't explain why the guy ended up at point B nekkid. And if you say that the jumpsuit was not the same as A-Train's high-performance fabric and therefore could not tolerate the stresses of the journey, then the jumpsuit would have been torn to shreds during the journey instead of left in mid-air at point A.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Zeke1995 said:

Your fancy equations and such don't explain why the guy ended up at point B nekkid. And if you say that the jumpsuit was not the same as A-Train's high-performance fabric and therefore could not tolerate the stresses of the journey, then the jumpsuit would have been torn to shreds during the journey instead of left in mid-air at point A.

Because he can only move himself.

F=MA
F=Mass * (delta V / delta t)
F=Mass * (V1 -V2 / 0)
F=0

If delta t = 0 then Hughie can't exert a force on his clothes or anything else as he moves to move it with him.

ETA
A-Train's suit moves with him because he maintains a delta t and exerts a force on it the same as if he were walking. At A-Train's small delta t he exerts great forces and as t approaches 0, F approaches infinity, but F=0 for t=0.
Zeke1995
AG
no
ABATTBQ11
AG
I believe you mean

jeffk
AG
I'm about to pop some heads in here.
javajaws
AG
Where's the hamster when you need him.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
MGS
Just watch the latest episode - Hughie says he teleported.
Teddy Perkins
AG
And did so with a butt-cheek-clinching.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Just got done and had some thoughts:

1. Love how they are showcasing Hughies journey with addiction. When butcher pops open the trunk the tempV and Hughie has a perfect reaction of somebody struggling with addiction and not even knowing it yet.

2. Frankly, I think it was stupid to show soldier boy going to the airport and implying he flew home. He's a super hero; show him swimming across the Atlantic at near supersonic speeds. Or show him cape fear'ing his way home holding on to the Boys plane. That's more believable than him flying commercial out of Russia to the US.

3. There's a season 4 and the way homelander drives this series while growing (more unhinged) as a character, I can't imagine him dying. He's really leaning into the business side of things, so maybe he kills soldier boy but loses his power and turns into a Stan Edgar figure. Or maybe he just takes TempV everyday to maintain his powers. Have no idea but it seems a little odd that they're showing him caring so much about the business side even mentioning the EBITDA to starlight when it caused him to lose his **** earlier in the show. Maybe he took Stan's words to heart about what true power is.

4. Maeve's alive, right? Was that Black Noir that bagged her?

5. Seth Rogens cameo and screen name lol.
Mathguy64
AG
Senator Graham is a gooch licker.

I cannot believe they actually said that. I literally died laughing.
AtlAg05
AG
Huey was able to open the jar, does TempV have some lasting effects? I'm guessing that will come back to play later on.

It was Black Noir that grabbed Maeve.
Duncan Idaho
They are getting too on the nose with the trump/Homelander analogy. The taco salad was great because it was subtle and fit the scene. The "I'm joking" and "locker room talk" bits were a little heavy handed but fine.
the boardroom/cabinet meeting and the deep/ratcliffe bits were way too on the nose
Duncan Idaho
The musical was a surprising change and not terrible.

Butcher is a braver man than I am. No way I'd bang a sup without being on temp-v. Don't want to end up in a support group.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Could have done without the black lives matter/all lives matter Trenton policing argument trope, but otherwise the episode was nails. I just can't with A-Train's storyline.

I get that they are lampooning horrible messaging and apology tours but again too on the nose.

Had a hard time explaining how hilarious Jamie the hamster was at Petco this morning to the kids.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Oh, my wild guess is the Soldier Boy takes Homelander's powers and the end of season 3 is the Boys killing SB somehow. season 4 is Homelander getting his powers back or what was previously said about being CEO. Maybe Ashley becines a supe or gets killed this season.
ExpressAg11
AG
Butcher and Maeve was not a pairing I saw coming. They've really turned Maeve into a background character this season. Surprising, especially after she took out Black Noir last season.
Brock Sampson
AG
BLM BLT and the 2A rally
boboguitar
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Could have done without the black lives matter/all lives matter Trenton policing argument trope, but otherwise the episode was nails. I just can't with A-Train's storyline.

The scene was exaggerated sure but it did a perfect job of satirizing every police press conference after shooting an unarmed black person.

What made it even funnier to me was literally every phrase he said right before the brawl is said constantly on f16. Even funnier is that the news caption of the even blamed it on antifa, which is straight out of that boards playbook. If I had never read the F16 board that scene wouldn't have been near as funny to me.
MGS
AtlAg05 said:

Huey was able to open the jar, does TempV have some lasting effects? I'm guessing that will come back to play later on.

It was Black Noir that grabbed Maeve.
I thought that him opening the jar for himself was showing that he's decided to stop being a little wimp that relies on his girlfriend to take care of him.
jeffk
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

They are getting too on the nose with the trump/Homelander analogy. The taco salad was great because it was subtle and fit the scene. The "I'm joking" and "locker room talk" bits were a little heavy handed but fine.
the boardroom/cabinet meeting and the deep/ratcliffe bits were way too on the nose

Eh, I disagree. Those tropes existed before Trump and apply more broadly.
Gaius Rufus
Duncan Idaho said:

I dunno, I kind of agree with the poster who said this:

Quote:

I love this show and how over the top it is. The swipes at Disney, marvel, cable news, the military industrial complex just all great

But I'm gonna sit over here and wait for the posts complaining about the "this show is libtard anti-maga crap" posts.

The entire point of the satire on this show is to be "on the nose". They literally remade a Kendall Jenner/Pepsi cartoon and effectively mocked it. They are trying to show (in my opinion) that all of the outrage that folks feel is essentially controlled messaging by corporate interests. You ID as liberal, there is a commercial product available for that. You ID as conservative, there is a commercial product available for that. The corporate suits don't care about your beliefs, they just care about making money.

But sure, its the Trump stuff that is too on the nose.
Gaius Rufus
Emotional Support Cobra said:

I get that they are lampooning horrible messaging and apology tours but again too on the nose.
Why could you have done without the police part? Did you feel the same way about the lampooned Pepsi commercial? What about the lampooning of the LGBT issues last season?
Duncan Idaho
The second guy you qouted was an idiot. No where near as smart as the first guy.
jeffk
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

The second guy you qouted was an idiot. No where near as smart as the first guy.

Haha! Ouch!

Also I just started reading Dune the other day for the first time and oddly enough yesterday saw your TexAgs username in print.
Duncan Idaho
Psst.i was referring to the two quotes of mine in his post...not you
javajaws
AG
Herogasm?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
ExpressAg11
AG
Wonder if it will live up to the hype. Between the comic version and all the promotion of it by the actors and Amazon this week, should be pretty wild.
Mr.Bond
AG
Holy *****.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

RichardSplet
Well that episode lived up to the hype!
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
That was ****ing awesome!

This is the kind of episode that I feel pushes a show from great to an all-timer. The Boys has been popular, but it has never really gained much traction in overall pop culture like the way a show like Stranger Things or GoT has. I still meet people all the time that have never heard of it. Some of that might be Amazon Prime Video not being as popular as HBO or Netflix, but I think this episode is what pushes it into becoming the most talked about show at the water cooler.

Hell of an episode.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
MGS said:

Just watch the latest episode - Hughie says he teleported.

Which is irrelevant given the original context and point

Zeke1995 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I was halfway expecting the Deep to get a seafood salad. Just to reinforce the point.

This show does a great job of bashing all sides of the social and political spectrum. It's great satire.

They are also doing a great job of making everyone bad in a way that's ironic. Butcher getting Homelander powers and now Hughie getting A Train speed. They become those they most hate.

I thought Hughie teleported, which is why his jump suit got left behind and he had to stand around naked for a bit.

Quote:

Teleportation = Infinite speed

Hughie teleporting vs A-Train running is really just going from point A to point B in time T. They're both traveling. Hughie just does it in T=0 (a time A-Train could only dream of) hence the comment that teleportation is just infinite speed since speed = d/(t2-t1) and speed = infinity when t=0. To the original point, Hughie gets powers that make him a version of what he hates most, A-Train, by making him infinitely fast. You can say he teleported, but you can also say he traveled infinitely fast because he travelled instantaneously. They're one and the same.
Thisguy1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.