*** The Boys - Season 3 ***

40,101 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Serious Lee
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn when A-Train got told off (and you realize Ashley's right but you still kinda feel for him) and then he apologized to Hughie. That was good stuff. Also how she ripped out more of her hair, she's not sympathetic or anything but man, you're totally glued to the screen. All these actors really.

I love this damn show.
CC09LawAg
This was such a great way to illustrate how power changes people. You don't need laser vision, super strength, or super speed to get drunk off power; all she needed was the big chair in the big office.
MGS
IronRed13 said:

Odds that's Homelander is a Soldier Boy spawn after the talk of screwing folks during the inaugural Herogasm? SB then won't want to kill him.
I don't think that's likely, but I got a kick out of him mentioning that he attended with Liberty.
Duncan Idaho
And people say liberty isn't easy
Decay
AG
Oh and I totally forgot from a couple episodes back until I watched a recap video, but Hughie describing himself as "like Dom Toretto because I'm quick and I'm all about family" was so damn funny
The Dirty Sock
Cosby did make some strong drinks.
AgLiving06
This show is crazy...fun twist to end tonights episode.
IronRed13
PatAg
AG
Oh *****
BowSowy
AG
I really liked this episode. The cartoon discussion Noir was having in his head. The nightmare that Butcher was having to relive, and the fact that he didn't listen. Just so good. I'm really excited to see how Noir factors in. Knowing this show, he's going to show up and get immediately wiped.

Also, A-Train getting Blue Hawk's heart is just an extra F you to his character. And Ashley being there to tell him was great.
AgLiving06
Don't forget The Deep and his new love.
BowSowy
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Don't forget The Deep and his new love.
I actually find the Deep's scenes annoying at this point. Aside from the scene where he had to eat the octopus.
The Dirty Sock
I fast forward all Deep scenes. Haven't missed a beat so far on this show.
Drake aTm
AG
Anyone know how many episodes left this season? The twist at the end of the new episode was insane
ExpressAg11
AG
Just one I think
MEEN Ag 05
AG
"Okay, first off, I don't have shell shock - **** you."
NukeAg10
AG
I love the scenes with Frenchie and miko.
NukeAg10
AG
Great show. So much fun.
Decay
AG
I'm enjoying the debate between "good and bad" people and whether or not being a supe is part of that equation. Most of the supes are totally ****ed up but Annie and Kimiko show that it's not absolute. And Hughie and Butcher aren't bad just because they take the temp-V... but it does seem that it's pushing them to violate their ethics. And MM and Frenchie are "good" but they're out there doing messed up things too.

It's not a clean cut and that feels proper for this show and life in general. Very excited to see where they go with the finale.
ExpressAg11
AG
Agreed, this show has may more depth than you would think. It tackles "do the ends justify the means" quite frequently and in a subtle way.
ausag
AG
IronRed13 said:

Odds that's Homelander is a Soldier Boy spawn after the talk of screwing folks during the inaugural Herogasm? SB then won't want to kill him.

Nailed it!!
The D
AG
This is my favorite show I have seen since it has started. It's so good
Max Power
AG
This show is insane, I love it. I really enjoy how well they balance the good vs evil in the context of intent. There's so many characters and story lines but they work in harmony, so many other shows struggle with that, this one seems to have it just right. I thought the explanation that Kimiko gave about going back on V was beautiful, especially when juxtaposed with Butcher while both being on the same side. As much as he wanted to protect Hughie from Soldier Boy, he didn't want to risk losing him as an asset against Homelander, there's no altruism there, he's too consumed by vengeance.
Mathguy64
AG
For the first time I thought they overplayed their hand. The scenes with The Deep having to eat Timothy and then getting the Deep Throat in Herogasm were perfectly over the top and shocking but in line with all the other shock and awe in the show. Doing the three way with the octopus a second time overplayed the gag.
CC09LawAg
I don't know, I laughed pretty hard when that octopus slapped its tentacle on her leg. "She said she wants to taste you"
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I am a huge Jensen fan and this episode was so extra. Loved it and yikes. I prefer when Annie and Hughie are split up because Hughie and Butcher have way better chemistry. Can't waut to see how they wrap up this season.
Brock Sampson
AG
She's a mollusk and she has feelings
jeffk
AG
"To be American means *knowing* you're the hero."
jeffk
AG
I have to admit I was hoping A-train died. What's that like the second time they've sort of teased a redemption arc for him?

Anyone think Souja Boy is still setting up Homelander and now wants him dead more than he did before the revelation?
jeffk
AG
There was a post-credits scene this episode. Anyone have any guesses as to its meaning?
JCRiley09
AG
There's a lot of back and forth about whether shows are better just dumped Netflix style or released week by week like Boys. I'm always a fan of week by week releases, but none as much as this show. Two episodes in a row would be rough. If you can binge this show, you need Jesus.
Thisguy1
jeffk said:

There was a post-credits scene this episode. Anyone have any guesses as to its meaning?

Are you talking about the cartoon characters bowing?
jeffk
AG
Yep.

And it may very well not have any deeper meaning other than them taking a bow.
boboguitar
AG
JCRiley09 said:

There's a lot of back and forth about whether shows are better just dumped Netflix style or released week by week like Boys. I'm always a fan of week by week releases, but none as much as this show. Two episodes in a row would be rough. If you can binge this show, you need Jesus.

I think it depends on the type of person you are. If you have an avenue to discuss the show, then I think week by week is the best way to go. If you just binge and move on, then the season dump is probably preferred.
jograki
AG
Totally agree that week by week is easier for this one. Plus it makes the discussion thread more fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.