Squid Game?

23,403 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SJEAg
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure why I had to finish this series. I pledged to pull the plug on stuff that doesn't capture me. Well, after finishing this, all I can think is there were tons of asian folks fighting and no martial arts. Wtf is up with that. Guess Carl Douglas was wrong all this time.
Sea Speed
AG
PatAg said:

When in doubt, cast good actors.

Take it to the malignant thread.
Tanya 93
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was a great show. I see some negative posts, and I gotta say, if you watched it dubbed, you may as well not watch.

The acting was superb, and the dub robs the show of all that emotion. The final 3 characters were all amazing.

Spoilers below;

First of all, the cliffhanger in the middle of the tug of war was genius, but also maddening. I actually yelled at my tv.

Marbles episode was just 30 minutes of devastation. What a great episode and gut-wrenching final scene.

And then the curveball that totally negates that scene. At first I was kinda pissed that they manipulated viewers like that, but then I realized how genius it was. I had a feeling there'd be a big reveal about 001 early in the show, but I figured I was wrong when he was killed. It was like a double red-herring. They got me.

Hope there's a season 2. My guess is the cop survived.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Spoiler tags on a thread that is two months old, and from a fully-released Netflix show, always makes me laugh. What is the point of that?!
Sea Speed
AG
Staff probably thought spoiler tags would bring this board together but instead they are the most argued about thing on here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I generally avoid these kinda videos, but have to give props when it's due. This was pretty neat.

Fairview
AG
Mr Beast does cool stuff. 117M views in 5 days is pretty crazy. People will say the sponsor spending 3.5 million on the set is a lot but the amount of eyes they got on this makes it a pretty good investment. Also both my teenagers had watched it within the first few hours. I'd imagine netflix gets a boost of people watching because of this video.
schmendeler
AG
I thought it was mostly entertaining but don't really get what made it such a sensation.
Satellite of Love
The VIPs add nothing for me. It's got a whole level down with their introduction.
HollywoodBQ
AG
schmendeler said:

I thought it was mostly entertaining but don't really get what made it such a sensation.
Because it was simple and very primal. Everybody can relate.

Don't you secretly wish that some of the playground games you played as a kid had higher stakes?
  • What if my snowball fights in Alaska had real consequences?
  • What if our snow forts were for real?
  • What if dodgeball was life or death?
Basically, there's a way to get back at the people you could never get to.
And of course there's the gambling angle.
Somebody has to win it all. What if it was you?
The Lost
Just finished Alice in borderland as suggested on the thread. Definitely watch if you enjoyed squid game. I thought it was much better.
Proposition Joe
Finally got around to watching it.

Kept me entertained enough to finish it in a week, but for the most part it was well-acted (the game players, not any of the supporting roles), derivative schlock.

Just too much filler and not enough actual games. It came off as a poor combination of Battle Royale and The Long Walk.
oragator
Was pretty much a given, but season 2 is officially a go.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/squid-game-renewed-season-2-greenlighted-netflix-1235043538/
oragator
https://deadline.com/2022/09/leonardo-dicaprio-squid-game-director-hwang-dong-hyuk-hollywood-1235120470/
The Lost
Alice in border land season two comes out 12/22 fyi
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this related to Squid Game? Spinoff?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I miss Squid Game. Any other show since then (granted it's only been a year) have the same water cooler effect? Stranger Things S4? I know Wednesday is doing numbers, but I don't know any adult that's really watched it, much less discuss it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think for people over 30 only Stranger Things and maybe HotD.

Dahmer did pretty well too.
SJEAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this related to Squid Game? Spinoff?

Not related, but very similar. Definitely check it out if you like Squid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.