Squid Game?

23,488 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SJEAg
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

Forgot, but did they ever show the cop dead or just shot with water below him? May still be alive.
I guess that's possible assuming they're planning on a sequel. If this was a stand alone then it was just dump and a waste of time.
Premium
AG
Stive said:

Premium said:

Forgot, but did they ever show the cop dead or just shot with water below him? May still be alive.
I guess that's possible assuming they're planning on a sequel. If this was a stand alone then it was just dump and a waste of time.

It's # 1 Netflix show, and the guy was about to board a plane but called to play the Squid Game again. Guessing another season or two.
Stive
AG
Premium said:

Stive said:

Premium said:

It's # 1 Netflix show, and the guy was about to board a plane but called to play the Squid Game again. Guessing another season or two.
He didn't call to play the game again did he? He called...they answered...then he said something about wanting to know who they were...threatening them. Front man (or someone that sounded like him) gets on the phone and tells him to get on the plane and don't get any ideas.

So if there's a sequel, it seems like it would be him vs them; trying to unravel it, bring it down, destroy it.
Premium
AG
Stive said:

Premium said:

Stive said:

Premium said:

He didn't call to play the game again did he? He called...they answered...then he said something about wanting to know who they were...threatening them. Front man (or someone that sounded like him) gets on the phone and tells him to get on the plane and don't get any ideas.

So if there's a sequel, it seems like it would be him vs them; trying to unravel it, bring it down, destroy it.

I could be wrong, but I remembered it as him wanting to get back in the game -

Also interesting, he won 45.6 billion yuan, as player 456. Another suggestion is the old man may be 456's father:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/squid-game-episode-1-gi-hun-player-456-money/amp/
Duncan Idaho
How bad is the crime rate in Seoul if that many people can go missing over a week multiple times.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

How bad is the crime rate in Seoul if that many people can go missing over a week multiple times.

LOL. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it's not so different from NK after all with people that just go "missing"
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Premium said:

Stive said:

Premium said:

Stive said:

Premium said:

Also interesting, he won 45.6 billion yuan, as player 456. Another suggestion is the old man may be 456's father:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/squid-game-episode-1-gi-hun-player-456-money/amp/
yuan is Chinese, won is Korean...
Premium
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Premium said:

Stive said:

Premium said:

Stive said:

Premium said:

yuan is Chinese, won is Korean...

Username checks

ETA: And I was talking about the 'nagging' portion of the name
RigsTx
AG
I binged this in one night so forgive me if this question has been answered or if my numbers were off.

So there were 201 players after red light/green light.

Only 187 returned for the second round. So wouldn't that have reduced the payout by $14 million won?

Premium
AG
RigsTx said:

I binged this in one night so forgive me if this question has been answered or if my numbers were off.

Only 187 returned for the second round. So wouldn't that have reduced the payout by $14 million won?

Get out of here with that logic.

Wait, did this really happen? You would think it reduces the payout and player 442 should have won.

ETA: each person was 100 million won, so it would have been 1.4 Billion less
The D
AG
RigsTx said:

You watched it and that is what you came up with ?
BenFiasco14
AG
The D said:

RigsTx said:

You watched it and that is what you came up with ?

He must be an accountant
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
aggierogue
AG
Enjoyed it.
oragator
Lebron James didn't like the ending apparently.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32481188
OKC~Ag
Seriously, SNL Pete Davidson's country song of squid game is an excellent synopsis of 9 hours...

I don't which is better. real squid game or SNL parody

guess if it shows up in SNL, it achieved a certain level of notoriety.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BigAg95 said:

I watched Ep 1 last night. We watched the dubbed version (not sure if there is a subtitled option), and it was almost unwatchable until the game started. I thought they did a good job setting up multiple characters in a short amount of time so you have more players of interest than just the main guy.

I just can't do dubbed live action, so I haven't watched this yet, as much as I want to. Gives me a headache with the mismatched mouth movements and sound. I couldn't get through 5 minutes of Kung Fu Hustle dubbed, but I love the subtitled version.
Stive
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

I watched Ep 1 last night. We watched the dubbed version (not sure if there is a subtitled option), and it was almost unwatchable until the game started. I thought they did a good job setting up multiple characters in a short amount of time so you have more players of interest than just the main guy.

I just can't do dubbed live action, so I haven't watched this yet, as much as I want to. Gives me a headache with the mismatched mouth movements and sound. I couldn't get through 5 minutes of Kung Fu Hustle dubbed, but I love the subtitled version.

Then you're going to hate this. Not only is it dubbed but the voice dub doesn't match the subtitles dub at all. It's so far off it's disconcerting at times.
bluefire579
AG
OKC~Ag said:

Seriously, SNL Pete Davidson's country song of squid game is an excellent synopsis of 9 hours...

I don't which is better. real squid game or SNL parody

guess if it shows up in SNL, it achieved a certain level of notoriety.
111 million people watching will do that to a show
MBAR
AG
Finished it last week. Some great moments in the some episodes, but the ending was absolute hot garbage, IMO.
Scotts Tot
AG
Stive said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

Then you're going to hate this. Not only is it dubbed but the voice dub doesn't match the subtitles dub at all. It's so far off it's disconcerting at times.

Y'all know Netflix lets you choose Korean with English subtitles right?
Stive
AG
Scotts Tot said:

Stive said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

Actually I didn't. I'm a tech simpleton though so I'm probably the only person that wasn't aware of it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
War Department and I started this last night with the first 3 episodes so I've skipped over most of this here to miss spoilers. So far, after character development, we are digging it. Yes it's dark and has some holes in it, but overall it's been entertaining. Struck me last night that just like a kids game, when 456 figures out the drops of sweat help dissolve, he starts licking like a mad man and then others pick up on it...just like a kids game.

Also, 001 is a Korean Christopher Walken.
07ag
AG
Stive said:

Scotts Tot said:

Stive said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

Actually I didn't. I'm a tech simpleton though so I'm probably the only person that wasn't aware of it.
i also didn't know, but i don't like reading tvshows/movies,, prefer the dubs, as bad as they were
https://ts.la/eric59704
OKC~Ag
The business of entertainment is evolving right before our eyes..actually, it has been happening for a while now.

we will see more and more K-movie, Japanese other foreign-produced movies, and dramas on Netflix and amazon alike.

The squid game cost Netflix cost $27 million to produce and it may yield close to one billion$.

So, if you are Amazon or Netflix, do you spend $30 million on one hour of high-quality North American-produced programs like the expanse or get 9 hour series of K-movie?
CondensedFogAggie
OKC~Ag said:

The business of entertainment is evolving right before our eyes..actually, it has been happening for a while now.

we will see more and more K-movie, Japanese other foreign-produced movies, and dramas on Netflix and amazon alike.

The squid game cost Netflix cost $27 million to produce and it may yield close to one billion$.

So, if you are Amazon or Netflix, do you spend $30 million on one hour of high-quality North American-produced programs like the expanse or get 9 hour series of K-movie?

Honestly in my opinion, this is a pretty big outlier. "Adults playing deadly childrens games" sounds like some B grade movie plot. Even the director said it was going to either be a hit or a total disaster, and nobody could have predicted how easy something like this could go viral with all the simple games in the movie.

My guess is Netflix will keep funding some moonshot innovative series by proven directors, but the consistent breadwinners will usually be english language films and funding for those will continue.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Scotts Tot said:

Stive said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

I did not... I saw the autoplay previews that were dubbed and immediately passed, but I will have to check this out.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Scotts Tot said:

Stive said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

I did not... I saw the autoplay previews that were dubbed and immediately passed, but I will have to check this out.
After 3 episodes, we tried the dubbed version and turned it back to subtitles immediately. Very unnerving after getting into the plot and characters. Finished it off last night. Ending...OK, seemed kind of disjointed and odd.
TexasAggie_02
AG
They kill the doctor for having an unfair advantage, but number 456 gets to live bc the boss man liked him. I guess it's not what you know, not who you know....
MBAR
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

They kill the doctor for having an unfair advantage, but number 456 gets to live bc the boss man liked him. I guess it's not what you know, not who you know....
I mean the overarching theme is that the rich use regular peoples lives for entertainment so why would this shock you?
aznaggiegirl07
AG
DO NOT WATCH IT DUBBED!!!!

gigemags-99
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Voices suck, but it is a better translation dubbed vs. subtitles.
Scotts Tot
AG
Strongly disagree. Watching dubbed foreign films/shows totally ruins them. Reading subtitles is not that bad.
MookieBlaylock
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Too late the Sex scene was great
HollywoodBQ
AG
Stive said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

BigAg95 said:

It's so much different it provides additional insight at times and is downright hilarious at other times.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Scotts Tot said:

Strongly disagree. Watching dubbed foreign films/shows totally ruins them. Reading subtitles is not that bad.
The ones I find difficult to deal with are Bollywood shows where the characters slip in to English for a few sentences.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.