***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,183 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
chiken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was a little frustrating that Ted didn't defend himself and interrupt to correct Nate, but I get why he didn't. Because: TV
jeffk
AG
Oh, Roy's joke about England getting zero points in Euro made me LOL.
Sports-Ag
AG
Good episode. Everyone pretty much nailed it with how Nate would end up with Rupert. I like how beard was giving Nate subtle jabs.

Sam Richardson was good. His blow up in the end was great. Sets it up for an exciting season 3. Screw you Nate.

As Roy said;
Scram! Whistle! Whistle!
Quad Dog
AG
Sudeikis left up the season 3 plot board behind him while on Seth Myers.

Spoiler free, they are jokes.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Yes, it's just a show with small plot holes, but an inherited billionaire will have MULTIPLE revenue streams that would make Sam soil his shorts if he is so diligent in his thought process while driving his product placement Tesla. Maybe that's what keeps him around for the run up with Richmond next season. He sniffs it out and realizes this is not a true good guy.

Well, sorta right.
jeffk
AG
That's incredible.
jeffk
AG
Ag-in-a-Box said:

Love the title of the season 2 finale, inverting the pyramid. Any other soccer dorks on this thread read that book? It's a lovely history of soccer formations and tactics.

Beard was back to reading this again.
Producers_96
AG
Ag-in-a-Box said:

Love the title of the season 2 finale, inverting the pyramid. Any other soccer dorks on this thread read that book? It's a lovely history of soccer formations and tactics.

*raises hand*

It's been 2-3 moves since I read it. Makes me want to dig it out. There's also a tie-in with the plot as the book ends with Chelsea's intro of a zero forward formation (if I remember it correctly).

It is a fascinating look at the evolution of the game, for those of you interested in such things.
Rule Number 32
AG
What a fantastic end to the season. That was an awesome episode with so many great scenes
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
jeffk said:

Ag-in-a-Box said:

Beard was back to reading this again.

Loved all of his color coded bookmark stickies. The book definitely looked a little more worn after his second season referring to it.
YNWA_AG
AG
Still funny he's based off of Jose mourinho
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Still funny he's based off of Jose mourinho

That hurts.

COYS
bigjag19
AG
Beard is the zodiac killer.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Quote:

Horticulture, baby!
Brock Sampson
AG
Like a Renaissance painting portraying masculine melancholy
Pro Ag
AG
Great finale. These writers do a good job showing all sides of the characters.

My criticism is that I don't believe Rupert would make Nate a head coach. It is a leap to think Rupert would buy another team and then make the kit guy from his old club the head coach. I realize here it is for the story, just seems out of character for him.

And I just don't buy Nate as a heel. He's weak and petty. The petty part can make a villain but Nate is just a weak punk.
jeffk
AG
There's been inklings of Nate's cruelty since season one. I agree making him a HC seems like a big plot shortcut, but I think Rupert seems him as a vehicle for more personal revenge on Rebecca and Ted.

I thought this thread was an interesting read.

MROD92
I have the EXACT same pyramid of success framed in my office. Addressed to me, "Best wishes, John Wooden"

When my wife saw it on the show she almost screamed
CowtownAg06
AG
I thought the speech about how he's earned it was sloppy. Kit guy to HC of a premier league club in 2 years isn't earning it.
Quad Dog
AG
A bit of a nitpick, but in the span of two seasons we are to expect that Rupert got divorced and probably lost a ton of money doing it, raised enough money to buy West Ham(currently worth $500 million), then had enough left over to buy out Nate's contact who was a kit man a season and a half ago?

I'd expect Nate's tenure as head coach to not go well and end quickly. Hell be back at Richmond before too long. TV shows don't work when you separate characters. Jamie, Roy, and Keeley (she's about to leave for a second time, she'll be back) have all left Richmond and returned within a few episodes.

My wife didn't know this, so I expect some here wouldn't. Sam was offered the number 10 for Casablanca. This would have been a huge deal for him. In the history of soccer the numbers corresponded to positions. Number 10 was the attacking center midfielder who was usually the play maker and the best player on the team. Some of the best players ever have worn the number 10 like Pele, Maradona, and Messi. It's a big deal.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, they play fast and loose with the soccer and financial sides of the plot lines.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
jeffk said:

There's been inklings of Nate's cruelty since season one. I agree making him a HC seems like a big plot shortcut, but I think Rupert sees him as a vehicle for more personal revenge on Rebecca and Ted.

100%. Thinking back on his roast of the team and how he seemingly started to take joy out of it. His ridicule of Rebecca when he thought he had been sacked, etc.

And I think your latter point will be what starts his turn back to the good side. His thinking that he's earned this only for him to be told/realize he was a pawn to get back at Rebecca and Ted. But if he's this supposed "wonder kid" portrayed in the media, it's not out of the realm of possibility a cellar dweller fast tracks a kid like that to the head gig. Happens in sport all the time.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I thought the speech about how he's earned it was sloppy. Kit guy to HC of a premier league club in 2 years isn't earning it.

That's definitely his delusion talking and another example of how his perception of people/facts/ events is skewed in his mind
rynning
AG
"And it…hurt…my……feeling."

And great bit of acting by Nick Mohammed expressing pure hatred for Ted.
85aggie777
AG
What was with Nate graying so quickly over the season?
powerbelly
AG
85aggie777 said:

Symbolism
bthotugigem05
AG
I took it to mean that he had been dying his hair to maintain the facade he was younger, then the whole wonder kid thing happened, then he wanted to distance himself from it because of that one Twitter note that was critical of him so he stopped dying and embraced the gray.
LawHall88
AG
85aggie777 said:

Quote:

AVC: We have to talk about Nate's gray hair. The internal stress shows up externally. Is that what's happening? How did you make it happen so quickly?

NM: That was really fun. The hair graying quickly was decided really early on. We thought it'd be cool, Jason immediately liked the sound of it. I've got black hair naturally, with a few gray hairs. I had them in season one and they used to paint out the gray to keep me looking youthful. We thought it'd be fun to almost foreshadow Nate's arc, so we would add gray everyday. The final shot matches the opening shot of the season; that was a wig. Everything before that was added in. Mostly for episodes 10 and 11, it would take an hour and a half to paint my hair, they would do it for every strand. A big shoutout to Lex [Alexis Dorman], who did that, and the makeup and hair team.
https://www.avclub.com/ted-lasso-s-nick-mohammed-on-his-controversial-heel-tur-1847812996
XpressAg09
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Politics are making their subtle ways back in and are unnecessary.

How so? Because of Akufo?

As someone pointed out above, I can't decide if he's a real billionaire character that we should take seriously for future use, or if he's a contradiction and a billionaire who "doesn't want to be one" but buys out museums with actors.

If he's the latter, I think Sam stays at Richmond and that character goes away.

I was partially right about him going away…just didn't expect the "buy your childhood home and poop in every room" but. Which was awesome.
jeffk
AG
Good read, thanks! I bet we get a lot of pull the curtain back reveals in S3 for things we saw happen in S2. For instance, I'm sure Rupert was working Nate a lot more than the one little conversation we saw at the funeral.
85aggie777
AG
LawHall88 said:

85aggie777 said:

Quote:

AVC: We have to talk about Nate's gray hair. The internal stress shows up externally. Is that what's happening? How did you make it happen so quickly?

NM: That was really fun. The hair graying quickly was decided really early on. We thought it'd be cool, Jason immediately liked the sound of it. I've got black hair naturally, with a few gray hairs. I had them in season one and they used to paint out the gray to keep me looking youthful. We thought it'd be fun to almost foreshadow Nate's arc, so we would add gray everyday. The final shot matches the opening shot of the season; that was a wig. Everything before that was added in. Mostly for episodes 10 and 11, it would take an hour and a half to paint my hair, they would do it for every strand. A big shoutout to Lex [Alexis Dorman], who did that, and the makeup and hair team.
https://www.avclub.com/ted-lasso-s-nick-mohammed-on-his-controversial-heel-tur-1847812996
Thanks!
fig96
AG
Quad Dog said:

A bit of a nitpick, but in the span of two seasons we are to expect that Rupert got divorced and probably lost a ton of money doing it, raised enough money to buy West Ham(currently worth $500 million), then had enough left over to buy out Nate's contact who was a kit man a season and a half ago?
Don't feel like the contract is an issue, as Nate was an assistant he wouldn't have any kind of significant buyout. The idea that he'd get a job as manager of a Premier League club (assuming he's in charge) with his experience is the more unrealistic part for me.

And while I get where you're coming from on the club purchase, Rupert was a billionaire so he
a) likely had lots of other financial interests he could have liquidated
b) surely has lots of associates willing to finance his endeavors
XpressAg09
AG
Not sure if anyone noticed it yet, but I went back and watched S02 Ep1 and Ted and Rebecca are talking about the guy Rebecca is dating. At the end, Ted says, (paraphrasing)

"So wait, sometimes in girl talk you just talk a lot and nothing gets solved and nothing changes? I love it."

Literally the exact same revelation as Roy and the Diamond Dogs in the finale.

AgfromHOU
AG
Explained the #10 thing to my wife as well. It's why Sam's face lit up so much.

10 is the playmaker, 9 is the best striker, and 1 is the best goalkeeper.

They've gotten looser with that in recent years but this is the traditional way of numbering.
AgTrip
Something jumped out at me. Ted brought his biscuits and they were made salty. He said he mixed up the sugar probably. Did he just let Rebecca know he was the one cooking those biscuits??? I figured she thought they were from a secret bakery she had yet to find out about.

Did I miss when he confessed they were homemade?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.