***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

170,301 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Theres more than that described by the commentators' call. I liked it, I get that you didn't though and that's fine.
bthotugigem05
AG
The "apologies for the fruity sign language" line by the announcers was a nice throwback to last season when they were singing the Roy Kent song.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
jeffk said:

Theres more than that described by the commentators' call. I liked it, I get that you didn't though and that's fine.
They also mention that it's Barnett that slips and lets the team score the winning goal. Barnett was the one that Jamie got in his head earlier.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

jeffk said:

They also mention that it's Barnett that slips and lets the team score the winning goal. Barnett was the one that Jamie got in his head earlier.

And that they were sitting back and on counter attack. And that Jamie Tartt scored again reinforcing Roy's influence on him. Although we already saw that I was kinda hoping it was Isaac the captain thats scored.

htxag09
AG
Speaking of the jacket on the locker room floor, who's was it? Ted was wearing his still when he was in docs office.
htxag09
AG
I think the scene had multiple effects. It also showed that Rebecca cares more about Ted's well being than she did the game. All that was going on around her and she didn't care. She wanted to find and make sure Ted was ok.
La Fours
AG
Yeah I noticed that when I watched the episode for a second time. My guess is that was just a continuity oops.
powerbelly
AG
htxag09 said:

Speaking of the jacket on the locker room floor, who's was it? Ted was wearing his still when he was in docs office.

He was wearing two jackets during the game.
AgfromHOU
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

The "apologies for the fruity sign language" line by the announcers was a nice throwback to last season when they were singing the Roy Kent song.

I love the Roy Kent song. "He's here, he's there, he's every ****ing where! Roy Kent! Roooy Keeeeent!"
Quad Dog
AG
I went to a Chelsea home game in London. It was an absolutely amazing sporting event that rivaled Kyle Field at is best. I highly recommend you go if you get a chance.
All of their favorite players had individual songs and most of them contained some cuss word. It was great trying to learn them and watching men and women of all ages singing along at full volume.
spadilly
S
Somewhat off topic, but this is pretty great:

AgfromHOU
AG
I would love to go to a Chelsea game, as they are my favorite EPL team.

I love the chants and songs involved with English soccer fans. Then you have You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield.

The passion involved is unrivaled.
Rudyjax
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I would love to go to a Chelsea game, as they are my favorite EPL team.

I love the chants and songs involved with English soccer fans. Then you have You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield.

The passion involved is unrivaled.

Dortmund has an amazing environment if you like that. A&M is the closest you'll find to EPL and Bundesliga.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I went to USA vs Mexico in Vegas and the Mexico fans were unlike anything I've ever seen.
Easily more rowdy than an EPl and Champions League matches I've been to.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
"I'm being super mature, you big, dumb, hairy, baby ****!"

"Poor little cake! Soggy bottom! Poor little cake! Soggy bottom!"

Can't get enough of this show
fig96
AG
This was actually a really interesting read, other than the fact that it gives any credence to the idea that the show releasing episodically is something they shouldn't do.

One key point they hit that I very much agree with is that we had a pretty good feel for a lot of the events coming in this season (Jamie coming back, Roy joining the coaching staff, etc.) and that doesn't make for bad storytelling. It's how they get there and how the relationships between the character evolve.

Ted Lasso has lots to say about mental health, if the discourse calms down enough for us to hear it
jeffk
AG
Good read! Is the author alluding to people complaining about predictable storylines this season or just being generally underwhelmed? A pet peeve of mine is assuming that your audience knows what the hell you're talking about (or in this case refusing to talk about).

He did bring up a lack of consequence for Sam and the team's protest. I do wish they would have directly pointed out that they lost their kit sponsor. The jerseys now say "bantr" but I bet that's missed by a ton of viewers.

Lawrence and the other writers aren't afraid of taking on some deep issues, so I'm definitely giving them a chance to explain a lot of what we're seeing with Ted and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets worse before it gets better maybe even ending on a negative note before improving in season three.
Rudyjax
AG
Serialization is an Apple issue and all their shows have it. Keeping people for doing a month after it drops.
fig96
AG
My guess is they're referring to people complaining how much worse this season is before we necessarily know what it's all about (after 4 eps then a Christmas episode before last week).

And agreed, I also feel like the repercussions of that should've at least been mentioned as that's a big deal for a club (especially one in the Championship dealing with more financial limitations than a Premier League club.

This ep definitely took a more serious turn right alongside the excitement of the cup win (which I thought was really well done) so I'm really intrigued how the story develops.
fig96
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

Serialization is an Apple issue and all their shows have it. Keeping people for doing a month after it drops.
HBO, Disney+, and others are doing it too and it makes perfect sense.

It keeps your show as weekly topic of conversation week after week rather than just being a big deal for just a short time, plus it makes it easier to acquire new viewers along the way and let them catch up.
AgfromHOU
AG
Love Dortmund as well. My college roommate was a huge Bayern fan, but I loved BvB.
Law-5L
AG
They need to give a statuette to Phil Dunster for "Best Comedic Accent." I've never heard anyone garble the language quite the way he does. Is he doing an actual English dialect or just making good lines great?

I wanted to write his "I'm an ugly, ugly boy" phonetically as an example but there's no way.
La Fours
AG
Oog-glay oog-glay bouy
jeffk
AG
Ugly almost became a three syllable word. It was awe inspiring.
MooreTrucker
AG
Law-5L said:

They need to give a statuette to Phil Dunster for "Best Comedic Accent." I've never heard anyone garble the language quite the way he does. Is he doing an actual English dialect or just making good lines great?

I wanted to write his "I'm an ugly, ugly boy" phonetically as an example but there's no way.

The way he drops the "y" on words makes me nuts. Keel-eh, Jam-eh, ugl-eh.

It's just weird. What dialect is that?
redline248
AG
My guess is it's got some heavy Scottish in there.
redline248
AG
Holy friggin derail, batman!
rynning
AG
Are we still talking about Ted Lasso?
Azariah
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Law-5L said:

The way he drops the "y" on words makes me nuts. Keel-eh, Jam-eh, ugl-eh.

It's just weird. What dialect is that?
There's a thread on /r/tedlasso about it. It's a take on a Machester accent. I love it.

"When I was just a sexeh, li'l babeh."
jeffk
AG
rynning said:

Yes, obviously.
bthotugigem05
AG
jeffk said:

rynning said:

Yes, obviouslyeh.
FIFY
gigemJTH12
AG
t - cam said:

redline248 said:

Y'all into gilfs or just olds yourself? She does nothing for me

How old are you?
im 31 and I love her.

however, I thought she was much older than she is. she is only 47.
gigemJTH12
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Always do brit shows with subtitles. Even half Brit.
I had to do The Wire with subtitles
I dont watch any TV without subtitles now.
TXAG 05
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

t - cam said:

redline248 said:

How old are you?
im 31 and I love her.

Thought she was a lot older too. I think she is hot.
Thunder18
AG
TXAG 05 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

t - cam said:

redline248 said:

How old are you?
im 31 and I love her.

Thought she was a lot older too. I think she is hot.

I'm 35 and think she's a smoke show

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.