***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

170,290 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I definitely think this season is a step down from season 1, but that was probably to be expected. Still enjoying it a lot.
Carlo4
AG
Average Joe said:

redline248 said:

Do not want the Keeley conflict.

100% Rupert said something to Nate about how he should be coaching

Or he's buying another club and wants him to come coach. Also makes sense with him giving up his shares
Conspiracy time

Rich man in episode 11 works for their old sponsor/old oil company and is out for revenge. Team in Africa is either a big lie or run by the oil company. He's also working with Rupert to take down Richmond so he can buy the team and make them sponsors again. Using Nate to fuel the fire, but Nate is an idiot swallowed by his own ego to notice.

redline248
AG
Carlo4 said:

Average Joe said:

redline248 said:

Or he's buying another club and wants him to come coach. Also makes sense with him giving up his shares
Conspiracy time

Rich man in episode 11 works for their old sponsor/old oil company and is out for revenge. Team in Africa is just a big lie. He's also working with Rupert to take down Richmond so he can buy the team and make them sponsors again. Using Nate to fuel the fire, but Nate is an idiot swallowed by his own ego to notice.

I told my wife similar in regards to going after Sam for revenge.
Average Joe
AG
Carlo4 said:

Average Joe said:

redline248 said:

Conspiracy time

Rich man in episode 11 works for their old sponsor/old oil company and is out for revenge. Team in Africa is either a big lie or run by the oil company. He's also working with Rupert to take down Richmond so he can buy the team and make them sponsors again. Using Nate to fuel the fire, but Nate is an idiot swallowed by his own ego to notice.

In the world of television I could see that happening. However, I would think he would be high profile enough (considering they knew who his father was) that they would know he owns certain companies.

I also hope that doesn't happen to Sam because he's such a great character. He's already hurt by his lack of relationship. No need to kick the dude while he's down.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Carlo4 said:

Average Joe said:

redline248 said:

Conspiracy time

A few things would go against this being very likely.

- It was Sams Dad that was onto the ties of the previous company and he knows about this deal Sam was talking to him by phone before and after meeting with the billionaire dude. I would expect his Dad to know who the guy is and the company.

- The billionaire dude specifically says ones of the reason he wants Sam is he wants the man who inspired millions back home with his previous stance against that company.

Given those things it seems unlikely but as someone above said int he world of TV plots sure - could be some nefarious behind the scenes twist or ruse at a higher level.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Im fully expecting season 2 to end lie season 1.....I hope Im wrong and we get mucho mucho joy.
Jamie Tartt winning and beaking our hearts with relegation in season one....
I fully expect Nate and Rupert to break our hearts and keep us down...cause problems

RebAg13
AG
I think it will be opposite or season 1, team wins and gets promoted but chaos caused by the Nate and Rupert
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
jeffk
AG
That's what I'm thinking too. Having to compete at a higher level in the PL while all the shenanigans are taking place behind the scene is good drama.
chiken
AG
IS IT FRIDAY YET!?!!? I can't wait for the episode.
LawHall88
AG
chiken said:

Just start from the beginning of the season and you can watch straight through...
FightinTexasAg15
AG
chiken said:

Torn between this and depression that there's no new episodes after this
spadilly
S
Unfollowing. Catch y'all later this weekend.
jrrhouston98
AG
My wife picked ours up today. Can't wait to indulge while watching. Thanks for this!
denied
I would say that pretty much went the way we all expected it. Now for bets on next season; I bet Richmond gets 6 points off of West Ham.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Amazing ending

Couldn't have been better
bthotugigem05
AG
The masculine melancholy Renaissance painting was freaking hilarious.
bthotugigem05
AG
Was waiting for Nate to spit on the camera at the end.
Lex
I loved this episode. What a season!
MooreTrucker
AG
chiken
AG
There were two ways Nate could have gone. I was aware of that. However, I didn't expect him to choose hate.

And they're over-doing the symbolism with the white hair.

And Roy and Jaime have made mountains of growth on their own journeys and it's so beautiful to watch. LOVE!
Complete Idiot
Setting up a unique "good vs evil" storyline in season 3, these writers are ballsy.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I'm not sure Akufo is as honorable as he suggests he is. He says he doesn't believe in billionaires but drops piles of $$$$ on a fancy helicopter entrance, buying out museums and filling them with actors, creating new restaurants out of thin air. Seems like he might not be completely up front with Sam

I was wrong, the man is nothing but poise and humility
DeangeloVickers
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Was waiting for Nate to spit on the camera at the end.
Awesome idea...missed opportunity
FightinTexasAg15
AG
What a great finale so many fantastic scenes. Nate really went too far ripping the sign. It's going to be tough to redeem him next season

Beard - "I'll headbutt you"

Trent Crimm, Independent. - I was cracking up

Dani seeing the tiny greyhound in the tiny helmet "Futbol is life"
bthotugigem05
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I'm not sure Akufo is as honorable as he suggests he is. He says he doesn't believe in billionaires but drops piles of $$$$ on a fancy helicopter entrance, buying out museums and filling them with actors, creating new restaurants out of thin air. Seems like he might not be completely up front with Sam

I was wrong, the man is nothing but poise and humility
His assistant's handshake was the second hardest I laughed in the episode, although that entire reaction scene was absolutely hysterical.

Beard sincerely saying "I'll headbutt you." was hilarious too.
LawHall88
AG
I won't post it because it contains spoilers, but there is tweet from Nick Mohammed with his take take on Nate's journey. I can't figure out how to post a link without the tweet appearing.

powerbelly
AG
Here is a link to the image.

The microaggression part is a bit much.
Complete Idiot
Definitely Roy not giving a crap about Nate kissing his wife is a big insult to Nate.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
powerbelly said:

Here is a link to the image.

The microaggression part is a bit much.

I think only bc we hear that word used ad nauseum IRL, in the media, on social, etc.

But ultimately, its true. the little things that seem innocuous, but are hammering at someone's psyche. Especially when they are coming from the people he thinks are in his corner. while messed up, its a feeling of betrayal. and i think the show did a great job of making you feel conflicted about it. you want nate to be on the receiving end of a roy kent headbutt, but you also really feel bad for the guy and want to give him a hug.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Beautiful gif lol

jeffk
AG
Wow. We all pretty much nailed the major storyline endings for the season. Although I guess I didn't anticipate Nate leaning that hard into the dark side. Love some of the setups we have for conflict in the third. **** West Ham.

Roy getting Diamond-dogged was incredible as was Beard and Ted reacting to it.

So many incredible pictures of friendship packed into this show, btw. Scrubs had several, but really every character has at least one close or blossoming friendship that serves to build them up. (Nate being the one obvious exception.)
jeffk
AG
Good explanation. What did Nate say about the picture he gave to Ted in the episode? I missed it.

Also, it's pretty interesting to think about Ted's struggles with mental health taking place alongside Nate's through the course of the season. Both had access to the exact same set of people/resources, but one was renewed and the other deteriorated.
Complete Idiot
He said he gave him a photo and he doesn't even bother to display it in his office.

(apparently he has it at home next to a photo of his son, but Nate doesn't know that)
jeffk
AG
Ah, yeah. Thanks.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
jeffk said:

Also, it's pretty interesting to think about Ted's struggles with mental health taking place alongside Nate's through the course of the season. Both had access to the exact same set of people/resources, but one was renewed and the other deteriorated.
on one hand, I think it shows it also takes how one views those resources and the role they take/are perceived to take in that persons life. in the case of nate, he clearly needed constant coddling and affirmation, which is in part due to his need to live up to his dad's approval. having the feeling of never being good enough, then to be given a taste of it, only to have the person most responsible for that affirmation then turn their back on him (again, all in his mind, right?), would leave one pretty ****ing lost, and chasing that affirmation high from elsewhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.