***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,023 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
Yoda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thunder18 said:

zip90 said:

Wife and I watched again to see how many references to Rom Coms we could get:

Bantr Handles - Bossgirl and LDN152 - You got mail
I am just a coach standing in - Notting Hill
You complete the team - Jerry Maguire
As you wish - Princess Bride
*When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life coaching - When Harry met sally
I have to go - Sleepless in Seattle
Couples interview at game - When Harry met Sally
Higgins meeting his wife at the game- Love Actually (Airport screen)
You had me at Coach - Jerry Maguire

As fast as they were flying,I am sure we missed a few.

Ted also said "I'll have what he's having" at the kebab place
Roy running the city streets, and eventually hopping in a rickshaw cab because of his bad knee, seemed like an homage to Billy Crystal running the streets of NYC on New Year's Eve to find Sally.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

*edit: just realized I think it had already been listed.
htxag09
AG
Man, we binge watched season 1 again and started season 2. I really didn't know they were releasing these one episode at a time. Bummed I have to wait but glad to get caught up on this thread.

And I may not be the most entertainment inclined individual, but as someone who binge watched season 1 and the first 5 episodes of season 2 back to back, I find the first comments on this thread odd. I honestly didn't think they missed a beat.

But man, this may be my favorite show ever. Perfect combination of humor, good feelings, all of it
t - cam
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

t - cam said:

Average Joe said:

Honestly, this show is going to set records for the number of awesome characters. Even Higgins, who started out as just the awkward guy, has really turned out to be a great character between the Christmas episode and the Rainbow bit.

I'm not sure I could even name a character I don't like at this point.

It's amazing that every character is so well thought out. Like even the selfy kids has depth.

It's usie.

I know but I wasn't sure how to spell it. I bailed.

t - cam
AG
htxag09 said:

Man, we binge watched season 1 again and started season 2. I really didn't know they were releasing these one episode at a time. Bummed I have to wait but glad to get caught up on this thread.

And I may not be the most entertainment inclined individual, but as someone who binge watched season 1 and the first 5 episodes of season 2 back to back, I find the first comments on this thread odd. I honestly didn't think they missed a beat.

But man, this may be my favorite show ever. Perfect combination of humor, good feelings, all of it

The first episode this season is probably the weakest of either season but apparently the crew originally though the first 3 would all drop at the same time like last year.

Sex Panther
AG
htxag09 said:

I think that's just become a common thing on the e-board and internet in general with surprise hit shows after their first season
AgGrad99
AG
The hardest I might have laughed in this show, is when Higgins dry-heaved when he was uncomfortable. Freaking hilarious.
Bunk Moreland
Watched the latest ep earlier today.

The cynic in me says the magic will run out on this show. The optimist says we're in the early years of a parks & Rec type run.

Either way... Enjoy it folks. This is good, positive, original content and its rare we get something like this.
Average Joe
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Watched the latest ep earlier today.

The cynic in me says the magic will run out on this show. The optimist says we're in the early years of a parks & Rec type run.

Either way... Enjoy it folks. This is good, positive, original content and its rare we get something like this.
It easily has that kind of potential. The writers only planned out three seasons, I believe, but hopefully that changes.
jeffk
AG
Interesting to see if they use Roy's joining to coaching staff to move the soccer plot forward a bit. Maybe they go on a winning streak or get promoted back up or find a new sponsor or pull an upset in the FA Cup or something.

The writers have said they planned it as a three year story, so I could see Ted and Rebecca getting together and him handing off the head coaching duties to Roy and Nate at some point but not until the end of next season or something.
dlp3719
AG
To add to RomCom references

Quoting Wilkes (poet) - 4 weddings and a funeral
Getting turned down for the window table - Pretty Woman (same way she was turned down at fancy clothing store)
Bunk Moreland
jeffk said:

Interesting to see if they use Roy's joining to coaching staff to move the soccer plot forward a bit. Maybe they go on a winning streak or get promoted back up or find a new sponsor or pull an upset in the FA Cup or something.

The writers have said they planned it as a three year story, so I could see Ted and Rebecca getting together and him handing off the head coaching duties to Roy and Nate at some point but not until the end of next season or something.

Natural short term next move is for Roy/Nate to butt heads. Next season could include Beard/Roy frustrations and ultimately one with Ted. Series could conclude with Roy becoming the head coach with Ted-influenced guys helping Roy out and him seeing the biggest of the bigger picture to get to that spot.

That could easily run for 5 seasons if they wanted to imo. Though it feels like a 4 season show.
Legal Custodian
AG
There's obviously going to be some humor in the Championship Playoff. It'll probably come down to Richmond finishing 6th and Ted not realizing that gets them in the playoff. "Oh y'all do playoffs over here?"
fig96
AG
I feel like Nate is going to be a bigger part of this season as it moves forward. He's already shown some arrogance and been a bit of a bully in his new coaching role, and now may find himself at odds with Roy (the very person who directly ended Nate being bullied in s1).
Who?mikejones!
It's building towards a Roy v nate confrontation. Roy natural alpha male vs self made kit boy struggling with his confidence.

Roy will want to do one thing but nate another. Ted must then choose who to go with but will have to talk to the doctor before it's clear to him.
Quad Dog
AG
We rewatched the romcoms episode and noticed that their uniforms are now sponsored by bantr and not by Dubai Air
redline248
AG
Quad Dog said:

We rewatched the romcoms episode and noticed that their uniforms are now sponsored by bantr and not by Dubai Air
Now, this may be a unique American opinion, but it seems like that would have been a great opportunity for your club to actually have RICHMOND in big letters for everyone to read. I've always hated watching premier league because I never know which team is which.
Rudyjax
AG
redline248 said:

Quad Dog said:

Now, this may be a unique American opinion, but it seems like that would have been a great opportunity for your club to actually have RICHMOND in big letters for everyone to read. I've always hated watching premier league because I never know which team is which.

Well maybe look at the score and see who is wearing what color.
Sex Panther
AG
redline248 said:

Quad Dog said:

Soccer teams don't do that and instead would rather look like minor league billboards instead of showcasing their actual team/city. It's embarrassing

/ducks as the soccer fans rush to yell at me
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

redline248 said:

Quad Dog said:

Soccer teams don't do that and instead would rather look like minor league billboards instead of showcasing their actual team/city. It's embarrassing

Enh, it is what it is.

At least we're not NASCAR
t - cam
AG
Sex Panther said:

redline248 said:

Quad Dog said:

Guessing it will end up here at some point. The Jersey sponsor is a massive payday for big clubs.

boogieman
AG
Have had "She's a Rainbow" stuck in my head all weekend.
t - cam
AG
fig96 said:

I feel like Nate is going to be a bigger part of this season as it moves forward. He's already shown some arrogance and been a bit of a bully in his new coaching role, and now may find himself at odds with Roy (the very person who directly ended Nate being bullied in s1).

I doubt there is any struggle with Roy. I do think we will encounter Nate's own insecurities but Roy is too reasonable a character to have a 2 sided conflict with.

redline248
AG
t - cam said:

Sex Panther said:

redline248 said:

Quad Dog said:

Guessing it will end up here at some point. The Jersey sponsor is a massive payday for big clubs.
So, I'm doing a little research on the issue. Apparently the NBA toyed with it around 2018. I don't really watch NBA, so I have no idea if it stuck. (A quick Google search finds that teams have a small ad on the left shoulder). The NHL announced they are going to add them to jerseys starting in '22. It probably will happen in the NFL, too, but I think it'll remain a small part of the jersey with the team name being the largest image. Basically the opposite of soccer. I could eee mlb teams, especially the Yankees, Sox, cubs or Dodgers, resisting it. Hell , the Yankees don't even put the players' names on the jersey.

As to looking at the scoreboard with the team colors...that wasn't always a thing on the screen for the duration of a match. It is easier to figure out now. It's still stupid
fig96
AG
t - cam said:

fig96 said:

I doubt there is any struggle with Roy. I do think we will encounter Nate's own insecurities but Roy is too reasonable a character to have a 2 sided conflict with.
You're reading more than I intended there, not saying Roy will be against him but that Nate's own insecurities (which we've already seen come out in his bullying) are going to manifest in him feeling like Roy is his rival and someone he needs to best in some way.
jeffk
AG
Sex Panther said:

redline248 said:

Quad Dog said:

It's interesting. Historically, soccer clubs haven't ever really featured their team names or cities. Small badges or logos or nothing at all. If you look up throwback EPL kits, they're mostly just single-color shirts and shorts. So there's always been a big blank spot to be filled by ads. American jersey templates in football and basketball have always featured team names or cities and huge numbers so less space there. I'm sure you can draw some sort of cultural connections if you try hard enough, but I'm speculating it has more to do with when leagues got popular and what the major form of consumption was. In-person viewing vs TV viewing maybe?
jeffk
AG
Cool read on the actor behind our Dani Rojas - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/f-tbol-life-mexican-actor-cristo-fern-ndez-loving-his-n1277063
jeffk
AG
Quad Dog said:

Great catch! Didn't notice this at first watch.
walton91
boogieman said:

Have had "She's a Rainbow" stuck in my head all weekend.
The Stones have probably made a fortune off this song in just the last 4-5 years alone. I've heard it in multiple national ad campaigns, Acura, Dior, Adobe, and I think Apple have all used it in additon to a few tv shows.
lunchbox
LOL - which Roy are you today?

walton91
A Dallas Tottenham supporters group apparently had a visit from Roy this weekend
boogieman
AG
lunchbox said:

LOL - which Roy are you today?

Which one is the Roy that yells "NO!" to a random person coming up to him on the street?

Mayor West
AG
jeffk said:

Cool read on the actor behind our Dani Rojas - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/f-tbol-life-mexican-actor-cristo-fern-ndez-loving-his-n1277063

Quote:

He said he would love to one day work with Oscar-winners Guillermo Del Toro, the Mexican director, and Puerto Rican actor Benicio Del Toro, as well as other Latinos "with a different last name."
fig96
AG
Related and super interesting, he did a Reddit AMA a few days ago with some really fun answers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TedLasso/comments/p7l91d/im_cristo_fern%C3%A1ndez_actor_filmmaker_and_currently/
fig96
AG
Also, I made biscuits:

jeffk
AG
That's incredible. Thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.