***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,128 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
Quad Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good thing the Dodgers don't have a real life dog mascot for that first pitch.
t - cam
AG
Quad Dog said:

Good thing the Dodgers don't have a real life dog mascot for that first pitch.

Haha, what's funny is that would have to go down as the single worst episode of the 2 seasons and yet by episode 4 the plot made perfect sense and completely set up one of the key dynamics of the show. The show doesn't do anything by accident, it's pretty incredible how well planned it is.
Rudyjax
AG
The thing that annoys me about this is the laws of the game clearly state it would be a re-kick.

If, after the penalty kick has been taken:
  • the kicker touches the ball again before it has touched another player:
    • an indirect free kick (or direct free kick for a handball offence) is awarded
  • the ball is touched by an outside agent as it moves forward:

• the kick is retaken unless the ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent the goalkeeper or a defending player playing the ball, in which case the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless the interference was by the attacking team.
t - cam
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

The thing that annoys me about this is the laws of the game clearly state it would be a re-kick.

If, after the penalty kick has been taken:
  • the kicker touches the ball again before it has touched another player:
    • an indirect free kick (or direct free kick for a handball offence) is awarded
  • the ball is touched by an outside agent as it moves forward:

• the kick is retaken unless the ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent the goalkeeper or a defending player playing the ball, in which case the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless the interference was by the attacking team.

Haha, they've definitely taken liberty with the rules a few times.
jeffk
AG
He might have retaken the kick after hitting the dog and missed it.
CrottyKid
AG
That was my take on it. The next scene is after the game. Later, Rojas can't hit the side of a barn. So, I assumed he missed the retry.

Is there a provision where a different player could take the retry? I don't know about that one.
t - cam
AG
CrottyKid said:

That was my take on it. The next scene is after the game. Later, Rojas can't hit the side of a barn. So, I assumed he missed the retry.

Is there a provision where a different player could take the retry? I don't know about that one.

I would assume they could replace the kicker in this scenario.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, retakes can be taken by a different player. But that's not the level of detail I'm really expecting from the show writers. (Plus it undercuts the plot device they were trying to establish.)
CrottyKid
AG
And wouldn't Ted go ahead and have Danny retake the kick thinking it would all be ok after he won the game for them? I think he would have.
denied
A) I now want to see Hannah Waddingham in pigtails. Not necessarily on the show, could just be out and about.

B) I hope Nate regains his confidence and realizes that he still is a key component.
t - cam
AG
denied said:

A) I now want to see Hannah Waddingham in pigtails. Not necessarily on the show, could just be out and about.

B) I hope Nate regains his confidence and realizes that he still is a key component.

Another great episode. What's funny is about halfway through most episodes I'm convinced it's not Gonna be great but by the end I'm standing up excited or in tears. The show always delivers. Happy to see the return of the Roy Kent chant.
DeangeloVickers
AG
All the rom com stuff was hilarious
t - cam
AG
Also loving that they are stretching these episodes to about 40 minutes now.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Ok, so first though, is it pretty obvious they are foreshadowing Ted being on the other end of the dating app? I was kinda hoping they wouldn't go that route bc it's incredibly cliche, but I think the writers have earned the trust to land that story line well.

Also, I feel like that was some of the best soccer they have filmed to date. Even though I don't buy Issac being a legit professional(he's a little large), it was pretty clear he kinda knows what he's doing too. Some of those shots in the park looked legit solid and not laughably bad as was the previous season.

I legit started tearing up during Roy's confessional on Tv.

I am eager to see how Nate handles another coach coming in. I'm sure he'll be more the tactical genius with Roy's command of the locker room and the emotion of the players.

Lastly, where was Jamie?? Did I miss him the entire episode. Kinda surprising we didn't at least get a shot of his reaction to Roy showing up. Great episode yet again, regardless
DeangeloVickers
AG
Jamie was in background a few times.

From the get go I thought it was foreshadowing Ted with Owner.....and I told my boys I felt Ted would step down and give to Roy and the end of season 3 (maybe it's sooner now)

Also, my entire family when trying to get someones attention will now say "Oy!!" /Roy Kent voice
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

From the get go I thought it was foreshadowing Ted with Owner.....and I told my boys I felt Ted would step down and give to Roy and the end of season 3 (maybe it's sooner now)

Also, my entire family when trying to get someones attention will now say "Oy!!" /Roy Kent voice

Damn I missed him then. And I know they have been foreshadowing him and Rebecca and I just almost wish they didn't. But I get it.

Also, small complaint. I almost wish they would have left Roy in the booth for longer. Just seemed really fast to have him have this epiphany and help from keely getting him to the booth only for him to return to the pitch two episodes later. But I know they had to get Roy back around Richmond. Just wish they could have dragged that out longer.
Quad Dog
AG
Wow. I really loved that episode. It was full of one liners from and references to romcoms. Half the fun was catching then all. I realized I was smiling throughout this episode.

Last time I was in London I went and pickup soccer with my cousin and some of his friends. It was almost exactly like the pickup game in this episode. Same style small turf fields inside cages, same style of play and fun.

Also, I nailed the punchline from the owl joke in season one.
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3131172/replies/57448030
Quote:

my best guess would be a very proper snobby Brittish sounding " whom"

LawHall88
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Damn I missed him then. And I know they have been foreshadowing him and Rebecca and I just almost wish they didn't. But I get it.

Also, small complaint. I almost wish they would have left Roy in the booth for longer. Just seemed really fast to have him have this epiphany and help from keely getting him to the booth only for him to return to the pitch two episodes later. But I know they had to get Roy back around Richmond. Just wish they could have dragged that out longer.
It's so obvious it seems like a misdirection.
t - cam
AG
LawHall88 said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

DeangeloVickers said:

It's so obvious it seems like a misdirection.

They definitely attempted to hint at Nate for a minute.

DeangeloVickers
AG
I agree on red herring
OldArmy71
AG
What a delightful episode. Best this season, by far.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Really enjoyed the episode. I love this show so much.

"Shut up. You had me at "coach."

I was rolling
DeangeloVickers
AG
the Doctorer coming in and saying, "Coach?"

His response: Doctor, ceiling, floor, trash can had me rolling
DeangeloVickers
AG
Also, my wife noticed their screen names are based on Sleepless in Seattle?!!

So, maybe it follows that story line? Which would also make it HAVE to be Ted with all his Rom Com knowledge
Quad Dog
AG
Maybe the app was a red herring/reference to You've Got Mail.
zip90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

So, maybe it follows that story line? Which would also make it HAVE to be Ted with all his Rom Com knowledge

Did you mean You Got Mail instead?

Shopgirl vs Bossgirl
NY152 vs LDN152

Wife watches a lot of Rom Coms
t - cam
AG
zip90 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Shopgirl vs Bossgirl
NY152 vs LDN152

Wow, great pickup.

redline248
AG
Keely telling Rebecca "you're amazing, let's invade France" was my favorite line in the entire episode...and I continue to love everything Roy says or does.
DeangeloVickers
AG
zip90 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Shopgirl vs Bossgirl
NY152 vs LDN152

Ha yes that's it
chiken
AG
My god I love this series. I had to rewind it a few times just to laugh again.

I really expected Nate to come back into the frame and clean the mirror after he spit though.

Why did he have a ticket for Reba McIntyre? Is he obsessed with her or just uses the name to keep it there in case he needs it for friends/fam?

I think Roy is one of the main reasons I love this show.
t - cam
AG
chiken said:

My god I love this series. I had to rewind it a few times just to laugh again.

I really expected Nate to come back into the frame and clean the mirror after he spit though.

Why did he have a ticket for Reba McIntyre? Is he obsessed with her or just uses the name to keep it there in case he needs it for friends/fam?

I think Roy is one of the main reasons I love this show.

Watch s2e1 again. Ted tells keeley he always leaves a ticket at will call for Roy under a female country music singer.

chiken
AG
Awww! So sweet!
Complete Idiot
The Woody the Woodpecker laugh dropped in last week's episode, the 13th, killed me for some reason
Marauder Blue 6
AG
More movie references

"I'm just a coach, standing in front of a boy, asking him if." - Notting Hill (Julia Roberts & Hugh Grant)

"Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at 'Coach'." - Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise & Renee Zellweger)
Engine10
AG
What's wrong with Isaac? Well he's like a wigwam in a teepee right now

Too tense?

BOOM!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.