***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

177,312 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The love actually scene was incredible.
Stive
AG
t - cam said:

Finally watched this tonight and totally agree. I'm kind of surprised no one had mentioned it until this evening, and wondered how many people understood the reference.
Legal Custodian
AG
Higgins knowing where all the players are from off the top of his head was a great portrait of his heart and dedication to the team.

The little pause when Tart wished Keeley Merry Christmas might foreshadow something.

And Ted watching the scene of Its a Wonderful Life when George was trying to kill himself also might foreshadow where his depression might carry him resulting in him talking to the therapist.

Great episode, and might be my favorite outside of the Karoake episode from season 1.
t - cam
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Higgins knowing where all the players are from off the top of his head was a great portrait of his heart and dedication to the team.

The little pause when Tart wished Keeley Merry Christmas might foreshadow something.

And Ted watching the scene of Its a Wonderful Life when George was trying to kill himself also might foreshadow where his depression might carry him resulting in him talking to the therapist.

Great episode, and might be my favorite outside of the Karoake episode from season 1.

Good call outs. We've seen the show dive into some pretty extreme depths of depression and anxiety before so it's not out of it's character. I'm certain that we'll have a moment similar to the panic attack in season 1 that you mentioned that leads to the interaction with the therapist.

My favorites have also been the ones that show Ted at his lowest. The one you mentioned, the divorce episode and this week's are all up there. It's funny how I like this show most when it veers into drama.
Azariah
AG
Prophet00 said:

I believe he said colonization, as in the British colonization of Africa including spreading Christianity. It totally fits his MO, given how he's talked so protectively about Nigerian/African culture.
I watched the episode today. He only said, "I don't have the same fondness for the American military that you do." to Ted when he asked if he could give the toy soldier back. Ted's response used the word, "Imperialism".
Azariah
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I noticed that too, and I really hope it doesn't. I love Keely's character and I love her relationship with Roy. I really hope they don't screw that up.
t - cam
AG
Azariah said:

Prophet00 said:

I believe he said colonization, as in the British colonization of Africa including spreading Christianity. It totally fits his MO, given how he's talked so protectively about Nigerian/African culture.
I watched the episode today. He only said, "I don't have the same fondness for the American military that you do." to Ted when he asked if he could give the toy soldier back. Ted's response used the word, "Imperialism".

You're like 10 episodes behind. In the most recent lasso he definitely says colonization.
CrottyKid
AG
Azariah said:

Legal Custodian said:

I noticed that too, and I really hope it doesn't. I love Keely's character and I love her relationship with Roy. I really hope they don't screw that up.

I don't think they will. I think Jamie will try, but Keely and Roy's relationship will be impervious to the attack, and it will result in a marriage proposal from Roy.

I also believe that Ted's dad committed suicide. Ted said, "He was always harder on himself than he was me."
AgGrad99
AG
t - cam said:

I missed it. What part was this?
CowtownAg06
AG
Count me in the group that didn't know I needed a Christmas episode in August, but I did.

I also find interesting that they didn't show their first W of the season on screen. There is a white board on the wall of the office that shows:
W: 4
L: 4
D: 14

To make it even better, under the D for draws, it says;
D's Nutz.

Love this show.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Well they definitely arent yo-yo ing right back to the EPL. So u guess the cup run will be this season's soccer drama.
t - cam
AG
AgGrad99 said:

t - cam said:

I missed it. What part was this?

t - cam
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Count me in the group that didn't know I needed a Christmas episode in August, but I did.

I also find interesting that they didn't show their first W of the season on screen. There is a white board on the wall of the office that shows:
W: 4
L: 4
D: 14

To make it even better, under the D for draws, it says;
D's Nutz.

Love this show.

26 points at Christmas is gonna make promotion pretty tough.
CowtownAg06
AG
My wife and I were wondering what timing of a typical season was.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Early August to early May.
redline248
AG
There was so much greatness in that episode that I completely forgot about Ds nutz on the white board.

no
t - cam
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

My wife and I were wondering what timing of a typical season was.

Yeah, the new year is the unofficial mid point of the season with Boxing Day serving as kind of the all star event of the premier league. It's the day after Christmas and every team plays on that day.
t - cam
AG
Also just read the Christmas episode was made after the season was done when Apple decided to expand the season to 12 episodes from 10. There will be one more stand alone episode that isn't really intended to advance the plot.
PatAg
AG
Stive said:

t - cam said:

Finally watched this tonight and totally agree. I'm kind of surprised no one had mentioned it until this evening, and wondered how many people understood the reference.
incredibly lame, in my opinion. One scene doesnt ruin an episode for me, though.
Fairview20
AG
I didn't mind the Christmas in August episode, but man it would have been a nice treat if they sprang this on us during Christmas time months after the season concluded.
AgGrad99
AG
Ah. Forgot that was from Love Actually
aglaohfour
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Just rewatched and hadn't fully absorbed that the first time. It's just too precious. I adore Higgins and his cute family.
CrottyKid
AG
I think that's his real life wife.
denied
It is.
t - cam
AG
PatAg said:

Stive said:

t - cam said:

incredibly lame, in my opinion. One scene doesnt ruin an episode for me, though.

Man, sorry for your hardened heart.
J/k. If you Like that movie you probably like the scene I'd guess.
bthotugigem05
AG
For me that whole scene set up Roy growling and Keeley saying she was sorry, cracked me up
t - cam
AG
aglaohfour said:

Legal Custodian said:

Just rewatched and hadn't fully absorbed that the first time. It's just too precious. I adore Higgins and his cute family.

It's also the actors real places of birth.
PatAg
AG
t - cam said:

PatAg said:

Stive said:

t - cam said:

Man, sorry for your hardened heart.
J/k. If you Like that movie you probably like the scene I'd guess.
I mean, I like the movie and I got the reference. I just thought it was lame. Didn't say you are lame for liking it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I appreciated the little reference with Keeley. In a previous episode she said she didn't like olives because the little orange ****orises freaked her out. So when she was making the martinis she was picking out the middles. Just a fun continuity piece
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Also a good article on the episode with other fun tidbits:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-08-13/ted-lasso-christmas-episode-apple-tv

" Another gift: The dentist onscreen is played by Claire Skinner, the real-life mother of the series' "ussie" requestor"

"At the end of the meal, Higgins makes a brief speech, listing the players' hometowns the actual cities the actors are from."
CDub06
AG
This last episode was so nice. Honestly a pretty perfect Christmas episode. And like a lot of shows, the Christmas episode was a one off. It didn't forward the plot - it was just a stand alone.

Which begs the question - why didn't they release it closer to Christmastime? The episode would have hit SO HARD if it premiered during the holidays.
CDub06
AG
Ok...I read the above article.

Quote:

The episode was written just before the holiday season thwarted by the coronavirus pandemic. So the fact that the holiday treat is dropping in the middle of August can be "another chance at Christmas cheer, since we all maybe missed it last year," said Lowney.

Added Kelley, "It might be a good thing; we're getting at it early, when there aren't already a hundred Christmas commercials and episodes. I hope people don't think it's too early for a Christmas episode, and I hope they'll rewatch it at Christmas and enjoy it again."
Still though. That joint would have gone off if it premiered during the holidays.
Rudyjax
AG
CDub06 said:

Quote:

The episode was written just before the holiday season thwarted by the coronavirus pandemic. So the fact that the holiday treat is dropping in the middle of August can be "another chance at Christmas cheer, since we all maybe missed it last year," said Lowney.

Added Kelley, "It might be a good thing; we're getting at it early, when there aren't already a hundred Christmas commercials and episodes. I hope people don't think it's too early for a Christmas episode, and I hope they'll rewatch it at Christmas and enjoy it again."
Still though. That joint would have gone off if it premiered during the holidays.
When is Christmas in the season? In the middle of the season.

It makes sense chronologically in the show.

And, when the millions and millions who will eventually watch this show, they won't know it was dropped in August. The number of fans that watch the show now are infinitesimal compared to the future fans.

So yeah, you didn't like it. But if you think about it, it makes more sense.
t - cam
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

CDub06 said:

Quote:

When is Christmas in the season? In the middle of the season.

It makes sense chronologically in the show.

And, when the millions and millions who will eventually watch this show, they won't know it was dropped in August. The number of fans that watch the show now are infinitesimal compared to the future fans.

So yeah, you didn't like it. But if you think about it, it makes more sense.

That's absolutely why it aired when it did.
CDub06
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.