Jeopardy! Guest hosts.

35,002 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Proposition Joe
TresPuertas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's no reason they shouldn't have will Ferrell as trebek for a day. I bet Trebek would have loved it.
Tibbers
That would be in incredibly poor taste.
G Martin 87
AG
Dr. Oz was better on Oprah.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Keenan Thompson has become a better Steve Harvey than the actual Steve Harvey.

Tibbers
Can we just give the hosting gig back to Mike Richards if we aren't going to at least pass the baton the great Norm Macdonald?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Dr Oz sucks. But I do give benefit of the doubt to them getting better by the end. Couric was a little better by the end of her two weeks. Still sucked, but better.

Aaron Rodgers seems out of left field. I guess he was on celebrity jeopardy and won?

Guthrie will probably be marginally better than Couric, but not by much.

Anderson Cooper and Bill Whitaker could be decent.

I agree with the other poster that Mike Richards has been my favorite. Thought he has a pretty good personality and engages well during the interview. Jennings is also good and has been engaging as well. He started out suuuper stiff, but loosened up and became much better towards the end of his stint.
Southlake
I didn't think Oz could be worse that Couric; I'd give them a tie for last place.

His Turkish accent really comes out when he gets excited. Seems like a completely different person from his show. He speeds up and slows down; pacing is very inconsistent. He pauses after answers like he's not sure if it's correct or not.p and this kinda affects the flow, especially if the contestant has momentum Couric did this too.

Richards is just a natural. I actually liked him and thought he was better than Alex. (I'm damned for saying that)

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I finally cancelled Jeopardy! on the dvr after seeing a little of Katie Couric's episodes. Not the same show anymore if it's going to be some kind of rotating celebrity slot. I'd rather see Richards or Ken just keep it as Jeopardy.
Counterpoint
AG
Harry Lime said:

I finally cancelled Jeopardy! on the dvr after seeing a little of Katie Couric's episodes. Not the same show anymore if it's going to be some kind of rotating celebrity slot. I'd rather see Richards or Ken just keep it as Jeopardy.

It's only going to be rotating until they settle on a permanent host.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Username fits!
oldvalleyrat
AG
Southlake said:

Thought Ken Jennings did a nice job considering his experience but his pedigree carried him.

Executive Producer, Mike Richards was outstanding. Talented, sharp and very likable.

Katie Couric has been hard to take. Very nice lady tho. Please stop.
"Katie Couric is a nice lady"????????? You must live on a different planet than me or have never watched her perform on other shows. She is a "w"itch!
All organizations are perfectly aligned for the results they get.
Tibbers
Agreed. Couric didn't seem to have a genuine bone in her body. It was actually creepy. As for Dr. Oz, this is like an ex-Nazi feigning politeness. Is Oz short for Ozenheimer? Why are they continually picking folks who are sociopaths? Outside of Mike Richards, these hosts have continued to show that a genuine nature is paramount for success being a host on the show.

As Trebek always preached, it's the contestants that should be the focal point. Do you really think folks that have built careers about themselves can possibly recreate that compassion for others? Absolutely not and it shows in their performance.
Southlake
oldvalleyrat said:

Southlake said:

Thought Ken Jennings did a nice job considering his experience but his pedigree carried him.

Executive Producer, Mike Richards was outstanding. Talented, sharp and very likable.

"Katie Couric is a nice lady"????????? You must live on a different planet than me or have never watched her perform on other shows. She is a "w"itch!
To be honest, I've never cared to watch her on anything. I do remember hearing she got a colonoscopy on TV for Prostate Cancer awareness of which her husband died.

So, that's kinda nice?
SkiMo
AG
I don't get the Keenan Thompson love in general. He's never been funny and does the same exact thing with every character he does.
double aught
AG
I find his mannerisms and speech patterns hilarious.
Tibbers
double aught said:

I find his mannerisms and speech patterns hilarious.

Agreed, dude doesn't even have to try to be funny to be funny.
Tibbers
Are we sure Dr. Oz wasn't a former Nazi officer? He just has that "I've interrogated before enemies of the state" look to him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Need to give Christopher Walken a tryout.
Tibbers
Aaron Rodgers did just fine. Super low key.
Counterpoint
AG
Tibbers said:

Aaron Rodgers did just fine. Super low key.
That was a great Final Jeopardy answer and reaction too.
Claude!
Southlake said:

oldvalleyrat said:

Southlake said:

To be honest, I've never cared to watch her on anything. I do remember hearing she got a colonoscopy on TV for Prostate Cancer awareness of which her husband died.

So, that's kinda nice?
I only remember that from a bit the Daily Show did about it. They were showing video of the procedure, and you hear the doctor say "Clean as a whistle." Cut to Jon Stewart pulling a whistle out of his jacket, looking at it in horror, and throwing it away.
91_Aggie
AG
She got a colonoscopy to test if SHE had prostate cancer?!?!??!?
Carlo4
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Need to give Christopher Walken a tryout.
I'm... sorry... the COrrect ANSwer is... ConsTANinople....
Tibbers
91_Aggie said:

Winner. It was so evident on Jeopardy that she is completely selfish. She couldn't give a rat's ass about whether or not others won. It was more wooden then Pinocchio. That's why I think Richards did so well. He has been the man behind the scenes for years and that's what it takes to be the best option. Someone who is focused on others or the larger picture than something so small as themselves is the key to success. Plus being genuine in their heartfelt approach.
pdc093
Ken Jennings should be the permanent host going forward, imo.
His demeanor is easygoing, calm, and very affable.
Southlake
Rodgers did a good job initially and then got better as the show went on. I was ready to not like him, but the opposite happened. Kinda laid back with a mellifluous voice.
Trucker 96
He's definitely a solid 3rd with the other celebs well behind.
Tanya 93
91_Aggie said:

No.

She got a colonoscopy because he died of colon cancer
Tibbers
Tanya 93 said:

91_Aggie said:

No.

Who? Trebek died of pancreatic cancer.
Tanya 93
Tibbers said:

Tanya 93 said:

91_Aggie said:

No.

Her first husband
chris1515
AG
I wish they'd have John Ratzenberger host an episode.

I just watched the episode of Cheers where Cliff went on Jeopardy...greatness!
Tanya 93
They should have James Woods
Tibbers
Tanya 93 said:

Tibbers said:

Tanya 93 said:

91_Aggie said:

No.

Her first husband

Ah I see. That's terrible.
The Dirty Sock
Only if he wears the visor

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jeopardy-levar-burton-shares-petition-guest-hosting-spot
Tibbers
I met him one time at a Star Trek con. He was not a nice man.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.