Sneaker Thread

919,410 Views | 14373 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by Sea Speed
Dimebag Darrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StinkyPinky said:

Sea Speed said:

How old is everyone in this thread and when is too old to wear Jordan's on a regular basis.
Before you know it ever old man will be wearing Jordans and there won't be a New Balance to be found anywhere.
Podiatrists in 10-15 years...

concac
AG
I'm 47.

Jordan 1s are timeless so you're never too old to wear them.
David_Puddy
AG
Sea Speed said:

How old is everyone in this thread and when is too old to wear Jordan's on a regular basis.

43 and will likely still be wearing them well into my 50s.
K Bo
AG
39 here and I'll stop wearing J's when farts and hitting my friends in the junk gets old … so never.
boogieman
AG
Finally old enough to be able to afford them.

Just old enough to not give a F about what people think.
bonfarr
AG
51 and unboxed my first pair of Jordans last week. The 21 year old waitress at Pappadeaux raved about my Tokyo Bio Hacks and I admit it made me feel cool in front of my teens.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BowSowy
AG
Who knew there were a bunch of geezers on this thread.
fig96
AG
BCG Disciple said:

fig96 said:

Sneaker related, my favorite everyday no-show athletic socks are half-ish off on a few different colorways at Dick's:

Nike Multiplier Running No-Show Socks 2-Pack

Nike Multiplier Running No-Show Socks 2-Pack (other color)

Do these stay on your heel? I'm a big fan of the no shows with the ankle grip.
They have for me, zero slippage issues. There's a small tab on the back which I think helps them stay up.
fig96
AG
48 and just got some J1 Diamond Mids. Though I found out today that my boss didn't know I was over 40
Dimebag Darrell
Eyeballing these J1 wolf grey golf shoes. Pretty sexy…

Sea Speed
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

I think about 10 of us have those.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm feeling these.
powerbelly
AG
I have a pair and they are great.
Dimebag Darrell
Sea Speed said:

Oh yeah, forgot we're a bunch of old 40+ y/o farts who golf and play pickle ball.
Sea Speed
AG
And love grey shoes.
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CoGdP7SpqgI
MBAR
AG
Sea Speed said:

We grew up with them. It's never going to be over for me. Bury me in a pair of 11s.
MBAR
AG

MASAXET said:

I've decided I'm old enough to wear what brings me joy. There are probably people who don't think I should be rocking high top J1s, for example, but I like them so I wear them.
I have found that very very few people really even notice. Now if I went to HEB wearing ripped skinny jeans and a basketball jersey I might get some funny looks.

Depends on where you are. In Texas I don't get many comments. In NYC people always notice the heat.
Dimebag Darrell
MBAR said:

MASAXET said:

I've decided I'm old enough to wear what brings me joy. There are probably people who don't think I should be rocking high top J1s, for example, but I like them so I wear them.
I have found that very very few people really even notice. Now if I went to HEB wearing ripped skinny jeans and a basketball jersey I might get some funny looks.

Depends on where you are. In Texas I don't get many comments. In NYC people always notice the heat.

True…at Golden Nugget Lake Charles last wknd fresh classic J's were appreciated.

At HEB in Cypress…

K Bo
AG
The AJ1 low G's are also great for bocce ball and lawn bowling.
jeffk
AG
I'm 40. Sneakers are great conversation starters for me here in Atlanta.
WES2006AG
AG
38 y/o here and I have just recently gotten back into shoes since 2020. Was all about Ultra Boosts for years before that. I will keep wearing what I like until I don't anymore. There are some things I don't wear because I feel like I can't "pull them off" but that is more personal preference than anything else.

Teaching 17-18 year olds my shoes occasionally get some attention but I generally wear them because I like how it feels to wear shoes that you think are cool. And as others have mentioned, being old enough to afford what you want helps as well.
jbanda
AG
42. It's not that I feel I'm too old to wear them, I just don't want to get them dirty. I've been dreaming about getting Jordan 5's since 1990. Mine are house shoes at the moment, especially since we've been getting so much rain lately.
jrod2181
Age 42
Just got some Lebrox XX South Beast and Jordan 1 Low

https://imgur.com/a/P9m93hm

https://imgur.com/a/iZz32Vq
CFTXAG10
AG
34 - been wearing J's since youth basketball days. The fashion/hypebeast/sneakerhead aspect of it is one thing, but another big part of it is how much I idolized his airness as a youngin. I definitely had the chicago bulls duffel bag, michael jordan cologne, and #23 jersey prominently in rotation. So long story short, I will never stop wearing them. I love sneaker culture, and I think its a really fun hobby.
CFTXAG10
AG
jrod2181 said:

Just got some Lebrox XX South Beast and Jordan 1 Low

https://imgur.com/a/P9m93hm

https://imgur.com/a/iZz32Vq
Those true blue J 1's are color blocked really nicely. Both the high and low.
concac
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

34 - been wearing J's since youth basketball days. The fashion/hypebeast/sneakerhead aspect of it is one thing, but another big part of it is how much I idolized his airness as a youngin. I definitely had the chicago bulls duffel bag, michael jordan cologne, and #23 jersey prominently in rotation. So long story short, I will never stop wearing them. I love sneaker culture, and I think its a really fun hobby.
This is CFTXAG10 getting in a run at his local park.

concac
AG
MJ saw the vid and actually contacted the dude. Sent him couple boxes of Jordan merch.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/08/13/michael-jordan-guy-free-gear-jeffrey-harrison
CFTXAG10
AG
You bet your a** it was is
aznaggiegirl07
AG
37, almost 38 - i think i just got into them a couple years ago...

But i think its becoming more and more acceptable for women to wear men's shoes...therefore, buying more shoes...and as someone said, i can afford them now.
concac
AG
AJ1 High Panda.

Not really sure about these probably will try for 'em anyway. Feb. 15th release date on SNKRS.

David_Puddy
AG
Sea Speed said:

Yep....I strictly wear them on the golf course, but they would look good as a casual shoe as well
David_Puddy
AG
This thread definitely made its fair contribution to that #
MW03
AG
David_Puddy said:

Sea Speed said:

Yep....I strictly wear them on the golf course, but they would look good as a casual shoe as well
Good enough for LD77

CFTXAG10
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 271 of 411

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.